A new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
She sighed and set the meat back down on top of the corpse. A Wolf could be heard howling in the distance. She looked out on alert for a moment. "We shouldn't have to worry. Normally the wolf's don't go near fire because it means death for them." She found only two sticks and then started to sharpen them. Once they were sharpened she stuck a piece of meat through each of them, then handed them to the guys. "here, cook away" She plopped down and then laid on her back looking at the roof of the cave.

With a small nod, Akira takes one of the sticks with meat on it and began roasting it over the fire... It took some time but eventually he finished, though some of the meat was burnt a little. He sighs quietly "I guess it still needs some work..." He thought to himself, eating the meat quickly as he was quite hungry. Then he took another piece and cooked it, this time with a little more success; it was barely burnt. After he finished he walked over to Sorcha and offered the second piece of meat to her "Here... It's the least I could do to repay you." he said with a little smile.

She took the meat right off of the stick as she sat up.. "Thank you" She thought it was a sweet gesture. She ate it by ripping it apart with her teeth, but not nearly as savagely as the stereotypes make it. Once she finished she laid back down and enjoyed the night air, soon falling asleep.

"You can sleep to Akira" Duncan says as he motions towards the ground "ill go and take first watch"

Akira nods "Be careful out there." he warns, before he too lay down and for the first time in days slept without many worried on his mind, except of course for what might happen to Duncan... He figured he'd wake up if something were to happen.

Duncan slowly moves over to the mouth of the cave were he sits around for a while before pulling out his sword and a grindstone and began to sharpen it out of bordem just waiting for either the sun to come up or for something to happen.

When the waning moon was at it's highest. There were beasts stirring in the dark of the forest. The pack of wolves emerged from the bushes and growled at Duncan. Several of them attacked. Causing Sorcha to wake up and pull out her knife. Rushing to help Duncan.

Surprised by the wolves he puts his arm up defending against one using his armor to defend. He then threw it off him and then picked up his sword stepping forward to impale it "Guys Trouble" he shouted as he pulled his sword out of the wolf

Akira himself woke up with a start at the sounds of metal whistling through the air and growling... The wolves they heard earlier had attacked, he scrambled to grab his spear which he had dropped earlier when he had dozed off and rushed outside to help, he knew this fight wouldn't be a very easy one.

Sorcha pounced onto one of the wolves and stabbed it repeatedly just as another jumped on her. It bit into her arm causing her to scream then once she could she slit it's throat. That was when her savagery really showed towards the beasts. And she lunged at another one. Getting nicked by it's teeth before she jammed her knife into it's eye socket. With her arm gushing blood.

Duncan charged forwards towards the nearest wolf, swinging his great-sword down upon it, cutting deeply. He spun around as he pulled his sword loose from the wolf and slammed his shoulder into a wold jumping towards him knocking it to the ground, he then swung his sword down cutting its head off.

Akira kept his distance, using his spear to intercept and kill the wolves that lunged at him, he looked over at the others and noted that Sorcha's arm was pretty badly injured, he'd have to take care of that in a moment. There were only a few more wolves remaining, and after spearing the ones that attacked him, the two survivors ran off into the woods. Now that the fight was over, he tore off a few strips of cloth from his clothes and rushed over to Sorcha "Do you know how to dress a wound?" he asked her, just in-case she'd be able to bandage her wound better than he could.

Sorcha came down from her high on adrenaline, and looked at her arm. "yes, but it's on my upper arm, so I'm afraid it would be difficult for me to do." The wound was still gushing. Maybe she could burn it shut to be sure it didn't get infected or fester. She went over to the fire and picked up a stick with burning coals on it and went to go ahead and put it on her wound.

Akira put out a hand to stop her "Wait don't... I have some herbs to stop the bleeding, it works better than burning it shut." he explained, holding the strips of cloth with one hand and digging around in his pockets with the other until he found a bag full of dried leaves of some sort. He opened the bag and held it open for her "Take a few leaves and press them on your wound... It's gonna sting a little though." he warned her.

Last edited:
She thought she knew the type of leaf he was talking about, but when she took them they looked completely different than anything she had seen in the forest. "are these from your homeland?" She asked as she put it on her wound, not even flinching from the pain at all.

"Make sure to wash it out, the mouth of a wolf is filled with disease, and will easily infect" he mentions as he holds out his water pouch.

Sorcha takes the pouch then removes the leaves. She washes it out as best she can with out using all of the man's water. Then she puts the leaves back in place.

Akira nods "They grow them there alot, it's often required of us soldiers to carry them around." He explains, waiting for Sorcha's wound to stop bleeding before gently helping her remove the leaves. Then he carefully bandaged the wound making sure the bandages weren't too tight nor too loose. He had more experience with treating wounds than he had with cooking thankfully...

"We normally have proper bandages, but they were all left with the rest of the scouting group in hindsight it would be useful to bring along a few with me."

Sorcha watched Akira bandage her arm, and though he was a lot better at it than he gave himself credit for. "Thank you." She pauses to think for a moment. "Will you two need my help getting back to your camp?"

Status
Not open for further replies.