A new world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorcha sighed. "it's not too hard. All you have to do is look for the big dipper, or even just look at the positioning of the rising moon and falling sun." She had navigated before these parts at night before. "Though if you insist I suppose you may, but be warned of the dangers in this forest at night."

"I guess we'll wait till morning for that then..." Akira said a little wearily, it seems they wouldn't be coming home tonight... "Do you know a good place to spend the night?" he asked Sorcha, the cave they had stayed in might be a good option but he thought it would be better to check with her first.

"the cave will be a good idea, can either of you start a fire?" She started to walk in the direction of the cave. Since she didn't want them to get lost again. Once they made it to the cave she did a check around the area making sure no other carnivores were around.

"I have some flint with me we could start a fire with that" he says holding up the flint

"I think so..." Akira said, he was glad Duncan had brought some flint, rocks were abundant in that cave back there. He wasn't able to start a fire and cook the little food that he could get when he had been alone, and had to eat it raw... He was quite glad that didn't have to happen anymore.

Once she made sure the area was clear she kind of popped up out of nowhere. "Hurry and make a decent fire ring out of stones, I'll go collect burning material." She headed off and boldly went into the darkening forest.

After going into the cave Duncan quickly gathered the rocks and set them up in a circle "see if you can find any dry twigs around the cave" he requested as he began to look outside to check for animals and to see if Sorcha has returned

Akira nods, he took off his cloak discovering a good amount of dry twigs and leaves on it that had stuck to it when he'd been trekking through the forest, he slowly picked the stuff off and placed it carefully in the fire pit and waited for Duncan and Sorcha to return. "I think that'll make some good tinder..." He thought to himself, sitting down near the fire-pit, he hoped Duncan didn't do anything that would make Sorcha mad while he was out there... That wouldn't bode well for either of them.

She lurked around the forest collecting what ever was dead on the ground, or using her knife to cut parts off of already dead trees. She heard what sounded like an animal. Quietly she set down the wood and stepped carefully and quietly. She saw a stag and knew this would be a difficult hunt without a bow. Keeping her breathing quiet she pulled out her knife, and slowly got as close as she could with out making a sound, but she was spotted by the deer and it was about to start running. Just as it started to run off Sorcha caught it in the back with her knife as she lunged at it. It continued to run with her hanging off of it's back until she twisted the knife severing it's spine. It went to the ground along with her and she lifted it over her shoulder with a very little bit of difficulty. Then started to walk toward the wood. She would have to come back for it. With the large weight on her shoulders she saw Duncan.

Duncan quickly gets back to the cave and announces "all clear, hopefully she wont take to long but we could probably rest here at least till morning"

Hearing footsteps outside after Duncan had come in, he looked outside to spot Sorcha not too far away lugging a freshly killed deer over her shoulders. "Give me a moment, I've gotta help her with something." He told Duncan before rushing outside and picking up the back end of the deer so it would be easier to carry back, it was alot heavier than he expected it to be, but he was able to manage it...

"Need any help carrying that" he called, walking over to them "you seem to be having a bit of trouble"

"we got it!" Once it was in the cave she dropped the stag immediately. Her breathing was a little heavier since she wasn't exactly used to lugging deer around. "I'm going to go back and get the wood I collected." With that she walked off and managed to get the firewood and back just as it was getting darker. "do you have the fire started?" She asked as she set the wood down near the pit.

"not yet" He says as he puts two logs into the fire and then setting fire to the kindling "Now we just have to hope these logs catch"

While they were waiting for the fire to catch onto the logs Sorcha put small twigs down where she saw some hot coals. Blowing on it lightly when ever she felt it was necessary eventually the fire started up. And she let it burn as it caught the logs. "there. I'm going to skin the deer. Unless someone else rather do it." She smiled encouragingly.

"ill tend to the fire for now, id probably mess up if i tired to help" he said, while fanning the fire

"I'm better with hunting than skinning really." Akira said with a nervous laugh, he could skin but it wasn't the best skinning in the world, he figured Sorcha had more experience with that sort of thing anyways. He'd only really been skinning things for 3 days.

She nodded and went over to the deer. She cut open it's gut and removed all of it's intestines, then proceeded to skin it. After it was skinned She started to peel enough meet off for the three of them. "How do you two want to cook this?" She smiled cheerfully holding up the raw meet. Covered in blood.

"Well... I guess it doesn't matter for me." Akira said quite awkwardly, he wasn't too used to this sort of thing, however at least he knew a few ways to cook the meat, though he didn't mind try something new if he had to in this case; he'd never done venison before.

" Ill eat whatever, just make whatever you like" he said as he fiddled with his knife

Status
Not open for further replies.