2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

[fieldbox="Finally Arrived, red, solid"]

Lucien

Lucien shook his head at the childish man. "I just can't take you anywhere can I?" Lucien didn't turn around to check on the armored woman, rather, he walked over to the shorter one and delivered a powerful punch to the gut, and she crumpled over. He picked her up and slung her over his shoulder, then walked back to the horses before tying her onto the saddle of the horse before slinging himself on. He looked briefly back at Daisuke for a moment. "You'd better hurry or you'll get left behind." With that he slapped the reigns and the horse took off forward, leaving Daisuke where he was.

After rejoining the group up ahead, Lucien interceded between a pissed looking Kaminari and Tyler who was looking quite aloof per usual. He shot a brief glare at Kaminari, before giving what had to have been the world's most irritated glare at Tyler. "Get back on your horse, and bandage that arm. We don't have time to waste for now. Tyler, stop screwing around." With that Lucien rode on past the two to the head of the column.

The rest of the trip went smoothly. Within two hours they were outside the large stone gate of an impressive citadel that was built around a vast city miles wide. The hustle and bustle of blacksmiths, bakeries, tailors, and various other businesses could be heard, and dotted throughout the city amongst various smaller dwellings were luming mansions built on top of large hills. These mansions were surrounded by thick stone walls and patrolled by guards with different coats of arms, each representing the house they defended. The column of horsemen was given a wide berth as they rode through the city, and the trip up to a well fortified central keep, if looked at from above one could see it was surrounded by several octangle shaped walls, and inside that keep lay the palace. This was no doubt the capitol city, and if this was any indication of what the other cities were like, the others would be interesting to see.

Before long the group was asked to dismount, their horses lead off by the cavalrymen they had been travelling with, and at a word from Lucien taking the shorter black knight with them. Only the commander remained, who indicated that they should follow him. The man lead them into the palace, an impressive building with just as many asthetic qualities as it did defensive. Throughout all of the prettiness of the royal keep one could see a hidden eye for defensiveness. If needed, the central palace would last not only as a final bastion of defense, but an almost impregnable one. Finally, they reached two large double doors made of thick oak with iron inlays. The throne room was no doubt what lay beyond. As the commander pushed open the doors, it became immediately clear that this was the throne room. Fourteen large stone pillars lining the left and right walls dominated the shape of the room, each with a little backspace behind them revealing different off-shooting rooms. In front of each was a guard clad in silver armor, the same coat of arms as was on the banner of the horsemen emblazened on their chest. At the very back end were large steps that lead up to what was intended to be the centerpiece of the room. A large wooden chair, undecorated and crude in shape, was what was there in place of any grandeur. It was the throne. On top the throne sat a man, no older then twenty five, and upon his head rested a thin crown of silver. A small smile touched the man's lips as they entered and the commander lead them to the base of the steps before bowing his head to the man and leaving. His words came out softly, and eyes worn far beyond his years swept over the group. "Thank you all for coming."[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Kurogane86
Tyler Haak

Tyler's expression didn't change a bit as Kaminari fell off his horse and proceeded to freak out on her for cutting him. She just wanted to know if he would heal or not. And it's not like the cut was that deep. She could have just as easily drilled a mace spike through his kneecap, but she'd gone for the nicer way of doing things. Just then, Lucien rode up next to them, showing that he wasn't too happy with their "Screwing around". Screwing around? She had only been investigating, learning her options, testing the new people. But that didn't really matter. The woman ignored Kaminari's shouts and focused her gaze on the back of Lucien's horse where an armored woman was tied down. "Hm." Was the only sign of interest she showed. So that was why Lucien had been acting weird during the trip.

Luckily, it only took a couple more hours to arrive at their destination where they were met with a massive gate surrounding an equally massive city. Her fingers clenched around the reigns, her jaw setting firmly. She wanted to find her teammates and tell them to stick close together, but couldn't spot where either of them were in the line. It was about time to think of a good reason to explain why her skin mimicked a popular primary color. She was sure she'd need something of an excuse if and when it came up. Just being in this city was nerve-wracking enough, and yet they had to climb up to an honest-to-goodness palace before coming to a stop and dismounting.

Tyler gave her horse an affection pat on the face before watching it be lead away. The sight was oddly disheartening, and was followed by a slow drop of her stomach as she faced the palace doors, trailing behind the commander and Lucien. It felt like a death march - why was she so worried about this? The grip on her mace remained firm as they pushed into the throne room, and with mild surprise the woman rested her gaze on a very young-looking royal. It was definitely not the appearance she'd been expecting, but looks could be deceiving. Just because he was young, didn't mean he was naïve or kind in any way. The blue woman took a firm stance at Lucien's side, not bothering to bow or give any form of greeting. It's not like she knew what was appropriate in this situation, and he certainly wasn't her ruler. He's so young… Is this really a king? He's gotta be around my age. What kind of torture is this for such a young person?

Kaminari

Kaminari waited but the blue woman said nothing. Her expression didn't change at all knowing that she attacked the man she was trying to win over. The man was about to shout when the man named Lucien came riding up. He told The blue woman to stop playing and to continue riding. "Playing? She assaulted me! What kind of rinky dink invitation is this." Lucien ignored him and rode on with a woman in black armor tied to his horse.

Kaminari glared at Tyler. He muted his horse and before galloping away spoke to Tyler once more. "Join you or venture off alone. Those were my options tight?" He gripped the reigns tighter. "I'll go to the kingdom with you guys but after that I'm on my own." He tore off some of his shirt and bandaged his arm. "I do better on my own anyway."

After another couple hours of riding they arrived. They were led to a throne room where a king who looked to be around in his twenties greeted him. Kaminari simply folded his arms and waited to hear the king speak.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke was surprised that Lucien just left the "full ass" lady where she landed. No doubt she was dead but they still should have disposed of the body. That's murderer 101. Daisuke followed walking like George Jefferson from the Jefferson. "Shut up Baby I know it." He responded while following Lucien to the horses. "So I guess she's a prisoner of war. Do we get turns or do you get dibs?" No response, Lucien was serious. As they passed the others Daisuke saw Kaminari arguing with Tyler over his small flesh wound . "Ow, did the big bad 98 pd teacher beat you up? Ha, pussy." He said as he rode off.

They rode for another couple of hours and arrived at a big castle. "Damn, did I call it or what? Next we get taken to meet the royalty and they tell us about the great evil plaguing their kingdom. Then a sorcerer of some kind will show up and give us mystical weapons or items." Daisuke continued to talk as they opened the door to the throne room. "Woah, this is nice. Now questions the king" the king looked no older than 25. He welcomed them to his kingdom.

Daisuke stayed put he knew his appearance wasn't appealing and unfortunately since Adam was still fighting his demon he couldn't retract his horns, fangs or tail. He whispered to Tyler, "what do we do if they think we're monsters or something? Should we pretend to be Lucien's familiars or something?"

Otto White
Mention: Daisuke, Lucien, Tyler and Kaminari
-

The ravens had keyed him into what Daisuke and Lucien had been doing, the ravens had taken to the skies and followed the two men high in the clouds as to not be spotted and seeing as Otto could see what the ravens saw through his blind eye somehow he was able to keep an eye on those two while also watching Tyler and the metal man. The experience of seeing two things with each eye was disorientating at first but he got used to it the longer he stayed that way but he needed to concentrate so talking was out of the equation, he watched Daisuke and Lucien until he was sure they had things handled on their end at which point he called back his ravens who landed on his shoulders while also restoring his vision to normal. He then watched Tyler's interactions with Kaminari and his overreaction to her cutting him which made him fall off his horse, if Otto had never met Tyler before he would of probably moved his horse nearer to the irate Kaminari as a means of deterrence but with memories slowly coming back to him as well as the ones he had from this place he knew that if Kaminari stepped out of line in a way that displeased Tyler that she would put an end to it real quick. He watched Lucien and Daisuke ride back with a captive though the fact that none of the other riders questioned it but for now did not say anything.
-
Otto retreated in on himself a bit when they entered the city, while the citizens kept their distance the sheer number of people didn't sit well with Otto. That number of eyes, that number of possibly hostiles made his uneasy and anyone who was paying attention would notice it as he shifted on the saddle of the horse and pulled the reigns tight in his fists. He was glad when they dismounted leaving the crowds behind but the tension in his body was still there like a coiled spring as he walked up the stairs bringing up the rear of everyone else. He was counting exits and defensive positions when they entered the castle but before long he stopped as they were in front of the king, it was odd for him, this person on the throne in front of him was or at least appeared to be younger than him but he kept his opinions to himself as his ravens tucked themselves up on his shoulders as his spear in knife form sat on his hip ready to go as needed.

[fieldbox="A Royal Meeting, red, solid"]

The King

The royal watched the group silently from his throne for a moment, before he spoke. "Not to chastise you, I myself am particularly unpartial to it, but other members of nobility may become upset or irate should you not at the very least respectfully bow. As I said, such formalities matter little to me, but it is something to take into consideration." The man stood and strode down the stairs, taking a moment to study each of them from a few steps above, before walking down the rest of the steps to stand eye to eye with the group. Next to where he was standing rose suddenly what could only be described as a shadow made of light. It extended off of the King's shadow before rising up to about half his height, becoming brighter and more defined, before becoming too blinding to look at. Finally, after only a moment a more defined form came out, a small child in a simple black tunic. Whether it was a boy or girl could not be determined, as the upper half of their face was covered by an ebony mask that wrapped around it's head entirely, little slits letting them see the crimson cat-like eyes. A thick metal band extended around the width of the child's neck, just enough so that it could wear it comfortably. "Magister...." The words came from the king, directed towards the child. One could safely assume this was it's name. "What do you think of the new arrivals?" The man seemed content to let the child look over the group, and look over the group the child did, bare feet quietly padding along the onyx colored stone floor. The reply that it gave was not at all one that should have come from the lips of a child of it's age. "The one with the ravens seems very interesting, no doubt he's seen his share of blood. The blue one is haunted by the battles of her past and what she lost. The rest are equally stained by blood. No doubt a group that brings destruction wherever it goes." Magister's eyes darted between all of them as she walked around them, before padding up the stairs to go sit at the feet of the king, who had seated himself on his throne. The king watched the group curiously, before speaking again. "I am Lord Johnathan Offrish, High King of the United Sovereign States of Dildania, Lord of the ten Kings, Defender of the North, and many other exhaustive titles I don't care to list. This child at my feet is Latrunculorum Magister, or simply Magister, my familiar. Eventually when she deems fit to arrive you will meet my wife, Lady Lilina Offrish, High Queen. So, now that I have introduced myself, might I have the pleasure of knowing who all of you are?"[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as the king seemed to eye them all up. He subconsciously moved his hands in front of his genitals as if they were visible. A blinding light came from the young king, the intense light was so great it disoriented Daisuke. He wasn't sure if it was due to the light or since he's a creature of darkness. The light birthed a small cherub like child in black robes and mask. Daisuke suddenly felt threatened, it was as if that child was his Kryptonite. Daisuke felt slightly qweezy as the child looked over him. He leaned over to Tyler, "does that kid make you feel like you wanna puke?"

The king spoke again, introducing himself and the light kid. He also spoke of a qween. He wondered what the qween looked like, she was obviously younger that the king. Maybe a fresh 18 year old? His mind wondered until the attention landed on him. "What?" He looked around then realized. "Oh, introductions. Ok cool beans. I'm Daisuke Hirragi former free spirit that is until all this happened." He pointed to his demonic features.

He continued. "Let's see I'm a Virgo that loves the fairer sex, especially the fair maiden Tyler here." He was about to smack her but but decided it was probably not wise to suffer a head injury while Adam is still reigning in his demon. "Oh, btw. This isn't my body I'm borrowing Adams body but he's currently busy trying to absorb his demons." He bit his lip and looked around "so next or should I include an embarrassing fact for team building purposes?"

Kaminari

"Idiot" He muttered as Daisuke finished his introduction. "I'm Kaminari" He said out of nowhere. "I'm new to this whole magic thing but that being said I can do this." He let his body get covered in the liquid metal. A small smirk crept across his face like he was bragging. "This whole metal thing plus my skills as a boxer makes me a pretty deadly ally. Dont you agree...Tyler?" He said as he shot her a glare.

He stepped out of ranks and approached the steps to the throne. "Anyways turns out I'm a free agent and am currently looking to make it on my own so if you have need for this awesome ability let me know. I'm more than willing to work for a king rather than travel with a pervery, an Odin wannabe, a chain smoker, a blue Bitch and a couple of passed out panzies."

He turned and faced the others clearly drawing a line between them. He had made his decision he chose to find his own path rather than blindly follow some socially awkward Ateam."

Tyler Haak

The eye roll was strong enough to hurt her head. The action, clearly a gesture caused by Daisuke's comment about monsters and being familiars. What the hell is a familiar? Well, even if she didn't know what that was – she recalled something about cats being familiars to witches…? – she could help but react with frustration toward the demon's words. She could only look back at Daisuke and give her honest opinion in her own hushed tone. "We ARE monsters." She turned her eyes forward once more, speaking again, low enough so only Daisuke could hear. "And we fight to the death if we have to. Whatever it takes."

She kept silent while the king introduced himself, being sure to mention the lack of bowing. Figured. It didn't matter, the king didn't seem to care too much, but he was probably right about any other royals find cause for trouble in the same case. She'd at least seen enough movies to know that. The being that sprouted from blinding light; however, did give her reason to tense up, one foot sliding back slightly as if to get into stance. The child-like creature did nothing though except talk to them, or rather, talk about them. Such insightful comments… I'm sure he, she, whatever, isn't the ONLY one who can see that we're all covered in blood and tense as all hell. Anyone could have guessed those things. Tell me something I don't know.

Her attention on the little light being was diverted easily, not by Daisuke's comment about vomiting, but by the king's explanation regarding the Sovereign States of Dildania. DILDANIA. Tyler instantly looked over at Daisuke to see his reaction. But Daisuke said nothing. Really? Is NOBODY going to touch that? When can we start saying phrasing? The woman actually had to hide her smirk with a soft clearing of her of her throat after a couple minutes had passed, turning her expression back to the usual. But the word still echoed in her head. Dildania...

Luckily, her thoughts were drawn back to the moment at hand when Kaminari, still apparently upset about the little cut she'd given him, decided to spout her name for her, on top of calling her a bitch. It annoyed her only because she hadn't been planning on giving a real name, vaguely recalling something from a movie or book or both about magic users having power over you with your real, full name. Way to go, Kaminari. If those books and movies are true, you've just gotten them half-way to my full name. Rude. Also, you're dumb enough to just show off your power in the open without restraint or concern for your, or anyone else's, well-being. Good job.

Since he'd already indicated her, Tyler spoke up with an eerily level voice. "I'm Tyler, Blue Bitch of the United States of Now Destroyed by a Nuke, Keeper of the Idiots, Lord of the Flies, and many other exhaustive titles that mean absolutely nothing to you or anyone else." The last reference was a little bit old, but considering that they were on a different planet or something, she figured no one except maybe her own group would get the joke. "Forgive me if I don't curtsy." Not that she really wanted or needed forgiveness. It was more of a 'with all due respect, I still don't plan on bowing at this point in time' type of thing - even if there was no hint of malice or sarcasm in her voice. In fact, there was no hint of anything there, and her words were spoken lifelessly.

Maine
In an infirmary away from the others, a lone figure lay in a secluded room clothed in a white gown. To the side on a nearby desk various items such as military fatigues, a sword, and a rifle were placed carefully. He lay there peacefully while from the side a small piece of shadow coalesced to form the shape of a woman. Rising from the floor she stared at the sleeping man, arms crossed in frustration. Sighing, she let of strand of shadow flow from her shoulder and form near the man's face creating the shape of a hand. In fluid the shadow hand wiped across the man's face causing him to wake with a start. "What the fuck was that for Nyx?" the man asked in exasperation as he rose from the bed. "Maine, we left your subconscious hours ago but you still wouldn't wake up. I had to do something. Weren't you all about leaving your subconscious as quickly as possible?"

Maine, ignoring the comments, stood up, still clutching his face. He took in his new surroundings staring at stone walls that greatly contrasted the wood and mud huts he was in earlier. As he looked around, he tried to remember how he got there in the first place. Oh yeah, the fall, he painfully remembered.

-------------------------------------------------Previously------------------------------------------

Huffing and puffing, Maine sprinted towards the town. After being accidentally teleported by the friendly demon Daisuke, he was forced to return to the fight by foot. He was still a ways off and he knew by running normally it would still take him too long to return to the fight. Summoning some shadow energy beneath his feet, he propelled himself forward using the shadows as a sort of shock absorber/spring allowing to move even faster. Now moving at almost double his previous pace, he could see the town in sight. However, with his focus on the shadows around his feet, he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. One second Maine was staring at the town in front of him and then the next he was seeing black. His foot had fallen into a tiny ditch used by the town for irrigation and caused him to trip and fall. The forward momentum of his running caused him to roll at least 20 feet forward injuring his head, arms and leg. All in all he suffered from concussion, a torn ACL, a two broken ribs, and a fractured arm.

But Maine didn't know that, all he knew was that one moment he was sprinting, feeling the wind brush his face, then the next he was seeing black. After a few moments of sheer darkness a light appeared before him. With nothing better to do he followed it and found himself in the familiar blank white room. "Shit," he sighed to himself as he took a seat in the same chair as before.

Meanwhile Nyx watched as the fight abruptly ended thanks to the efforts of Tyler. Nyx hadn't really done much in terms of contributing towards the battle, so she quietly dismissed herself and went to find where Maine went. On the way she noticed a familiar figure welding a spear and clad in impressive armor approach the others. With only the slight tug of Maine's mana/aura (or whatever you call it) to guide she eventually found him lying sprawled outside the town. With no idea of the extent of his injuries, she created a makeshift shadow sled and pulled him into town. It was at this point that she realized who exactly the man in the armor was: Otto. Stopping dead in her tracks she stood still in complete shock. His resurrection only brought more questions to the already confusing situation they were in. She had to tell Maine.

Now that the situation had died down and new riders had approached the group, Nyx left Maine nearby the group and hoped that they would take him if they left. Sliding back into the group, she rejoined and Maine and entered his subconscious to inform him of the current situation. Once she was in the white room, she found Maine and slid into the chair across from him. Maine, having been doing literally nothing up until that point, greeted her with a sarcastic "Took you long enough." He noticed that she was slightly unconformable looking at him. "What's wrong, is there something on my face?" he asked.

Shifting in her seat, Nyx replied, "Now before I say anything, I want to make sure that you will remain calm no matter what I say ok?" Maine nodded his head quite confused. "Ok now how do I put this. Well... um... Otto's alive." Nyx watched as Maine's eyes opened and his mouth dropped in shock. "Wait what!?! He's alive? How? What's going on up there?" "Hey chill out there. I'm just as shocked as you are and I have no idea what's going on. All I know is that he's alive, really likes raven's, and talking to some riders that just came into town." "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he questioned angrily. "I need to get out of here. How the hell do I wake up?!" Maine sprung up in his seat, slamming his hands on the table.

"Maine chill out. While you might look fine in your subconscious, your physical body is pretty beat up from what I saw. There was quite a lot of blood especially around your head. You need to let your body recover," she said, doing her best to calm him. Maine sat back in his chair, arm's crossed in frustration. "Alright, I'll wait. But is there at least something better to do until I wake up?" As if on cue, a white bookshelf suddenly appeared from across the room with multiple leather bound books lined neatly on it. Before Maine could do anything, Nyx had already grabbed a book from the shelf. As she stared at the first page, she laughed aloud and turned to the book so Maine could see. To his despair he found himself staring at his old memories, in picture book format. "Oh are we going to have fun," Nyx cackled as she looked at Maine in high school.

-------------------------------------The Present--------------------------------------

As he recalled what happened, Maine changed from the white gown to his fatigues. Nyx returned to her shadow form as to avoid any unnecessary attention. Once he was ready, he opened the door to the next room, only to find himself in a large medieval infirmary with many beds spread across. Around him were people with varying injuries and nurses in bloody gowns and doctors with plague masks on attending to their wounds. There were jars of incense burning to help mask the smell of death in the room, but even then the smell was still putrid. Where the fuck are we? he quietly asked himself. Maine walked through the room unnoticed as the medical personnel were too busy to notice him. Finding what seemed to be the exit, he walked through another set of doors into a large corridor lit by torches.

On the side of the doors were two soldiers armed with basic chain mail and spears. Both men were shocked to see 1) someone who was not a doctor and 2) someone who was not wounded. To ease their shock and figure out where he was, Maine asked "Um, excuse me gentlemen, do you know where I am?" The soldiers looked at each other, turned back at him, then looked at each other again until one of the soldiers motioned for Maine to follow him further down the corridor.

Reactions: conman2163
Otto White
-

He and his ravens watched the king then his familiar that sprouted from his shadow, he wondered if the king and the small child had a connection to the king similar to his own to the two ravens on his shoulders. The thoughts were banished as the child spoke of them though Otto found it odd how said child singled out Tyler and himself, he filed it away for later as the king introduced himself and gave several titles while also showing his disdain for formal procedures such as this. He listened and watched Daisuke and Kaminari speak and a frown found it's way to his features after Kaminari spoke, a small temperature spike around them was enough to know Otto was displeased but he stared forward without speaking or looking at the metal man. Tyler gave her own introduction next with several...colorful titles and only one of them involving her skin while also asking to be forgiven for not bowing or giving a curtsy though if Otto was honest he would've been shocked if Tyler had done one of those two things. He stood silently for a second letting a small silence fill the room before he introduced himself. "You will have to forgive me as well, I bow to no kings or gods. My name Is Otto White and if we are putting our homelands behind our names then I will have to disappoint as I belong to no nation. Those I am with sometimes call me the Viking after a long dead people because I look similar to how they were depicted, the dark raven on my left shoulder is called Idee and the orange one on my right shoulder is called Erinn." Otto concluded to the king of this land.

[fieldbox="A Meeting with the High King, red, solid"]

High King Offrish

Johnathan said nothing as the rest made their introductions. A rather interesting reply from the decisively demonic man, as were the rest, though he got a rather bitter taste in his mouth from listening to Kaminari speak. When everyone was finished, Johnathan's eyes focused on Kaminari for a moment. "I don't appreciate people who think so high of themselves that they can't be taken down a peg or two. I don't think any king will require your service any time soon." Next he focuses on Tyler. "As for you Tyler Haak, I am well aware of the many human forms of humor. The Lord of the Flies was most certainly a rather interesting book though, one of the more interesting pieces of human literature to circulate in the world. It does make me wonder though, why is it that you refer to yourself as your Christian Devil? Ah well, doesn't really matter does it?" The King next focused on Otto, who he gave a short nod to. "As I said, I require no man to bow to me." Finally, his eyes came to rest on the two who had chosen to remain silent, his eyes moving between the two before resting on the one who looked around his twenties. As he focused a bit on the man he noticed some similarities between him and Tyler, siblings perhaps? "Not to sound rude, but you failed to introduce yourself, who are you again?" The child spoke first. "Christian Haak, brother to Tyler Haak. The other unnamed one is Lucien." Then all at once the child was silent again, leaving behind nothing but eerie silence.

Meanwhile, the two soldiers continued to chatter amongst themselves as they walked down the corridor, checking occasionally to see if Maine was still following them. Finally, they arrived at the exit, which took them into a large throne room, where the rest of the group was. After motioning to the group and indicating that he should join them, the pair then left through the same hallway the came through.[/fieldbox]

Tyler & Christian Haak

The introductions varied among them, but Otto appeared to be the only truly serious one. Not surprising. What was surprising was Christian not saying a word. Normally he'd cave to authoritative pressure and do exactly what he should do without question. A bit of a kiss ass? Not quite… Just a push-over maybe? Happy little lamb? Sheep of the flock? Whatever the term, silence was not Christian's game. Turns out, he was just so shocked to see his sister be so blatantly sarcastic to royalty that he had just forgotten to introduce himself. Had she become even more problematic since her disappearance?

He became increasingly unnerved by the weird light-child stating his and Tyler's names so freely and instantly noting their relation. Paling slightly, Christian finally caught up to the moment and gave a small bow, more-so nodding his head respectfully. "Ah… Yes…" He accidentally spoke formally, showing his nerves. "I'm Christian Haak. Nice to meet you." His motions were stiff as he greeted the king.

Meanwhile, Tyler was questioning the Christian Devil comment. Who named themselves after the Christian devil? Lucien? What? Whatever. Not the important part right now. Tyler cut in right after her brother, effectively making sure he didn't feel the need to speak up again. She honestly didn't trust him with what information he might give out. And also… maybe it was some strange form of protection, to keep eyes off her sibling. It's so hard to target background characters. "Not that I don't appreciate the pleasantries, but why would you ask for introductions if you already knew who we are? I can't help but feel like we're past formalities after such a 'polite request'-" Yes, she used air quotes with her fingers. "-to meet you here. After all, we were greeted by a strange kid that popped out of light and knew everything about us. I'm pretty certain that someone of your position has little need for common idle chatter when a situation like this arises." Tyler made sure to lock eyes, or at least try to, with the king. Despite the words, she tried her best to convey honesty and as much respect as possible for someone she didn't even know. It was best to be candid – or at least, that's how she felt. "I respect the attempt to salvage our pride and sense of autonomy, but to be frank, we're all tired, hungry, and pretty pissed off about…well, pretty much this entire last couple of life chapters. We respond best to the blunt truth."

Tyler swung her mace up to rest it on her shoulder, feeling a wave of fatigue overwhelm her now that they'd stopped moving for a moment. "Having said all that, may I politely and respectfully inquire as to the intentions behind our summons? After all, an audience with the king is a rare occurrence where we come from and we're all dying to know what's in store behind the warm greeting we've received so far." She glanced toward the strange child. "Warm and creepy, but hospitable none-the-less."

When she'd finally finished her long-worded question, Christian just stared at his sister, quietly freaking out on the inside. Who talks like that to a king?! Tyler?! What the hell are you doing – they're going to have us beheaded! She'd definitely gotten worse since before. At least then, she attempted to act like a professional in public. Now… she was just acting like it didn't matter anymore. It looked like Christian was the same as ever though. Goodie two-shoes. For a moment, the brother couldn't help but notice the blood stains on his sister's weapon, diverting his eyes shortly thereafter when he was no longer able to stand the sight of it.

Reactions: Dakota K5
Kaminari

After the kings rejection Kaminari got a little embarrassed about his attitude. "Whatever. I didn't ask for this shit. As a matter of fact I'm done with it all. It's just as the pervert said most likely you just want people to fight in your war." He glared at the king his Ego clearly bruised. "I don't need you." He pointed at the king. "And I sure as hell don't need you bastards. I'm out of here."

Kaminari walked through the group of EI rebels, shoulder checking Daisuke and Tyler as he moved. He turned around and addressed the group. "I'll find my own way home. And you." He pointed at Daisuke "you better hope I don't see you out there, if I do." His body was covered in metal again. "I'll finish what I started back at the campsite, and this time the viking won't save you." Kaminari walked by the rider escorts and out into the hall trying to find his way out of the castle.

Daisuke

Daisuke wondered why Tyler and Otto always get the attention. The king mentioned them by name and he got squat again. He sighed and uttered "I'm just a secondary character after all." He then watched as Kaminari went off on a little man rant. He turned to Tyler. "$5 says he gets killed for spouting off in front of the king." Daisuke was nuging Otto as he started talking about not needing anyone. "He's gonna either join the dark army or get thrown in the dungeon for this." He closed his eyes crossed his fingers. "Come on dungeon, come on dungeon Daisuke needs a new pair of shoes."

Daisuke's Tom fooley was cut short when Kaminari bumped into him and Tyler. Daisuke was about to say something when he turned and threatened him. Daisuke snarled at him barring his fangs. His claws and horns grew as if ready for battle. Daisuke's light hearted nature was replaced with a serious killers aura. "I don't know why but I really want you to try. Let's hope you level up a few times before we do meet or else chomping on your throat won't be as satisfying." As he left Daisuke's killer Aura faded. He turned and faced the king. "My apologies your lordship. I hope this meeting with that fool doesn't sour your image of all Japanese." He bowed slightly "normally we are polite, some say in the world, well the old world."

Daisuke's horns, fangs, claws didn't shrink down they stayed out for some reason. His mood remained irritated as if something was poking him from the inside.

Adam Kane

Adam was frustrated he had a thought of why the demon was still resisting but he didn't want to admit it. He took in a deep breath and starred at the demon who appeared to get stronger. He was still chained but he looked as if he was in better condition physically. The demon spoke, "penny for your thoughts Adam?" Adam glared at the demon. "Dont talk to me." The demon smirked and spoke again. "Don't you want to know what I think of your current thought? I can see what you are thinking. after all I am you."

The demon cleared his throat. "See you already know who you have yet to forgive, or rather you don't even admit you blame her." "Shut up!" Adam warned. "No!" The demon spoke, he sat up breaking the now brittle chains. "You need to listen to this Adam. My only options are to take over your body or become one with you. Honestly who'd want to become one with you? You such a little Bitch lately. Whining about Daddy, but you won't even think about blaming mommy." Adam snapped. "Shut up, you fuckin piece of shit. I'll kill you. I'll rip your fuckin head off. How's that for another option."

Adam dissolved the cage and slammed a hard right punch into the demons face. The demon was sent flying into the darkness of Adam's psyche. The demon laughed in the darkness. "There, that's the Adam I like. Adam the boxer. Daddy's big boy, daddy's favorite." As the demon came into the light he took on his true form. The demon stepped into the light looking almost identical to Adam. The only difference being demonic horns, fangs, claws and a tail. "So, let's do this fucker." The demon raced forward and delivered a powerful barrage of punches at Adam. "You think it's all Dad's fault? What about her? She just sat there day after day, watching as he crammed pills and protein down our throat, punched us relentlessly, beat us when we'd come in second." The demon dropped down and delivered a powerful uppercut to Adams Jaw sending him skyward. The demon teleported in front of the airborne adam. "She just sat there watching, she didn't stop him, she just let him hurt us, she's just as guilty. If she would have left him we wouldn't have suffered all this shit."

The demon wound up and delivered a double axe slam on the back of Adam's head sending him crashing to the ground. He landed on top of Adam's back causing him to yell out in pain. "Fuckin pussy" the demon said as he grinded his foot into Adams back. "Your wrong" Adam said. "She tried to speak up. And he just beat her." The demon plopped down on Adam's back pulling his hair, lifting up his head. "Ow, so the poor cow got his wrath once. Dont bullshit me Adam you and I both know why she didn't say anything." Adam squirmed trying to get free. The demon slammed his face into the floor. He crouched lower while holding his face down, he got closer to his ear. "She was a lazy, good for nothing cow. Do you remember Adam she wouldn't even cook unless Dad was around. Remember starving when we were little cuz she didn't even want to get her fat ass up from the couch."

Adam was suddenly shown his own memories of his mother ignoring him while dad wasn't around. She would stuff her face with chips, cookies and other junk food while Adam was given a bag of chips to eat. He would cry out for something better, that chips made his stomach hurt but she would just raise the volume on her t.v. "remember now Adam?" Adam squirmed as the demon stood up. "No, it's not her fault he's an abusive pick he, he made her that way. He beat her till she was like that." The demon shook his head. "You know that's bullshit Adam, she was like this long before he got violent." The demon lost his nerve to continue fighting, if anything he felt sorry for Adam who laid there crying, muttering to himself how he hates his mother and father. "Close enough" the demon said as he turned into a shadow and rejoined Adam's body. He had gained the power he had wanted, he had merged with his demon. As his master said the true test of strength is forgiving others and accepting your past to make you a better warrior in the future.

[fieldbox="Meeting the High King., red, solid"]

High King Offrish

Johnathan's eyes narrowed at the blue woman. "My familiar is a strange one I agree. You ask me to be quite blunt as to why I sent fifty well armed cavalry men to escort you to my audience? I thought the answer to that question was quite obvious. People like you, humans with supernatural powers to be precise, are popping up all over the land I am charged with protecting and governing, and some of you stir up quite the fuss when you do so. Take your group for instance. You managed to get an entire village destroyed in the space of a day. Let me put that into perspective. The village that welcomed you as a guest had about five hundred citizens, and was able to grow enough food to feed a thousand. Not only that, but they could raise a force of about a hundred and fifty warriors, give or take, and of that number thirty or so were trained rangers. No more than fourty villagers are left alive, and the food they could produce is drastically cut because most of them are children or the elderly. They won't survive the winter alone, meaning that to sustain them, I will need to pull from the Kingdom's granary and resources, as is my duty. Altogether it has a very small, but very noticeable impact. Now I am not saying that what happened was your fault, but I am saying that what happened still cost the lives of rought four hundred and sixty of my citizens, and I can't ignore this fact. So no, I didn't call you all to the capitol to exchange pleasantries or make small talk, but I did call you to assess the damage you've helped cause and what should be done about it." He took a deep breath and shook his head, before looking off to the right of his chair. He looked surprised for a moment, before his surprise turned to a smile. Out from a doorway on the left emerged a young woman with jet black hair and a set of slate grey eyes, no older then twenty four. She was breathtakingly beautiful, and on her head was a golden circlet. "Lilina, i'm glad you're finally awake." Said Johnathan as the woman moved to stand next to his chair. "I was just speaking to our guests, the ones I sent the good commander after." Johnathan turned his head back to face Tyler again. "Well then, what to do with you all.... I can't very well have you wondering around the land causing problems again." Johnathan drummed his fingers against the arm rest of his chair while considering it.[/fieldbox]

Tyler Haak

It was good to hear the king cut straight to the heart of the issue. If she was going to be jailed or killed, she'd rather know sooner rather than later after tea and cake. Knowing as much as he did spoke volumes to the woman, whose attitude did not change even with the king's apparent frustration and struggle to make a decision. The whole point of her suggestion was to move things along, not to piss off the king.

"As sorry as we are for the loss of your people, we did not want or plan to come here either. We were the ones being attacked in that village – something we had absolutely no reason to anticipate beforehand. The attack may have cost the lives of those people, but without us there to stop it, there would have been no survivors whatsoever. I know it doesn't make much of a difference if the reason for the destruction was an attempt at my teammates' lives. Had we been left there, we surely would have attempted to help rebuild what was lost – or at least what could be salvaged."

Tyler glanced Lucien's way briefly before continuing. "We can't apologize enough for what happened to your people and every one of us regrets the lives lost due to some deranged, misplaced hatred. I can assure you that the murderer paid with his life. If It's possible to put your mind at ease in the slightest, my team has no malicious intent toward this land or it's people. But we have no connection to, and no control over any others that arrive." The woman looked around for a moment in thought. If they had been finding superpowered people for a while, where were all those superpowered people? This group couldn't be the only group who'd seen the king if it'd been happening for a while. If that was the case, why was the king struggling with making a decision on how to handle it? It couldn't possibly be that this group had caused the most destruction upon arrival. And the award for shittiest immigration to a brand new planet goes to…. Or was the king just hiding what he'd done to the rest? What a terrifying thought.

Otto White
Interaction: Offrish
Mention: Tyler and Kaminari
-

"You know...not to long ago I was counted among the dead...one of more than seven and a half billion people, men, women and children wiped away as if they were dust being blown away by a gale. Death was quiet, peaceful and restful all the world's problems gone and just you, just you and yourself or at least that's how it was for me in a empty void or at least the consciousness that animates this body. I am...sorry for the loss of your people but...we are not people of peace and whoever that person was that attacked that village of yours is just a prelude to something much worse." Otto spoke in his unique way when it was something rather serious, with pauses and such to keep a person's attention. "As my lovely blue friend here stated we have no hostile intentions towards you or your land but as you said many humans with powers are popping up all over and you best believe not all of them are going to be as kind and trusting as we are because for most of them the last thing they remember was being in a war. We can help by bringing these people in who are willing to surrender themselves and disposing of those that wish to cause harm and destruction as seen back in that village." Otto paused again as he looked at the guards and the king himself, he did not look to the woman who entered. "Also...and before I say what I am about to say understand I am a blunt man, blunt like a smith's hammer when it comes to my thoughts and actions so do understand this isn't meant as an insult to you, your kingdom or your troops. That being said though I don't believe you or your men could stop us if we wanted to leave, the one who stormed out earlier...probably but us, this group before you? I'm rather confident that we could make our way out." It wasn't a threat that hung over Otto's words but rather...an implication. He and the rest of them were not people to be trifled with in the best of situations so threatening to possibly try and keep them against their wills in a desperate situation would probably lead to should he and the rest...disagree with that situation. A smile found it's way to Otto's face and he clapped his hands together. "But I think I speak for both my side and yours that neither of us wish for that to happen because there has been enough violence in the last three days to last a lifetime for us and I do believe we will be of more use to you as you're willing guests rather than as you're unwilling prisoners King Offrish." Otto fished speaking as he looked to the king for his response and while he was confident this king would see reason Otto was also prepared to set the room ablaze so Tyler, Daisuke and Lucien could escape.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke's irritation was starting to seep out in more ways than his appearance. He continued to click his tongue throughout the kings speech. "Come on, that's like blaming a horse cuz sharks kill. And besides if it wasn't for us you wouldn't have had even 1 survivor in that village." His horns, claws, fangs and tail started to recede. The tone of his voice went from aggressive to calm. "It was all that midget Roma's doing, hes the psycho that went on a rampage."

Daisuke soon felt as if his bad mood had been lifted just as the demonic appendages disappeared. "Oh, I feel a whole lot better. Adam must have finally beat his demon. But yeah it's as T-whiler and Otto the blunt were saying. We can help eachother out. We can help keep the peace when it comes to those with abilities and you can assist us by collecting information on our enemies that we followed here." Daisuke, now back to his human form, well as close as a human would look still covered in demonic markings and demonic eyes; smiled to the king and said. "Basically it's a win, win."

At this time Daisuke finally had time to notice the Queen. She was a beauty. With her long hair, small frame, delicate features it was enough to cause Daisuke to go speechless for a few minutes. He muttered under his breath. "Schwing."

Maine
Maine wandered behind the two guards for quite some time, observing the dimly lit stone walls as he walked. It was long before he entered a large chamber with the rest of the group and various other peoples. From the shape of the room and how everyone was positioned, he could tell that it was some sort of throne room and that the man in the front, despite being young, was the king or ruler of some sort. As the guards left him, Maine stood quietly as the king gave a serious lecture about collateral damage. His tone was not angry, slightly frustrated but not angry. A situation as crazy and absurd as supernaturally powered people would have anyone on edge and snapping left and right. However it did not seem that this man was to show his emotion in such a flippant manner.

To Maine's surprise it did not seem that the rest of the group understood that, particuarly Tyler and Otto. They were much more heated (no pun intended) and prepared to kill everyone in the throne room. Daisuke was attempting to take a more diplomatic approach but as soon as the beautiful woman stepped into the room Maine knew he would not be able to keep up the facade much longer. While he didn't know the full situation and who exactly was who and where exactly they were Maine knew he had to act. Whispering to Nyx he asked How's your fancy ass medieval way of talking? "I watched a bunch of Game of Thrones to know enough." I have no idea what that means, but follow my lead and feed me lines when you feel like it.

Stepping between the group and the king, Maine turned toward the king and gave a courteous bow to both the king and the lady with him. Listening to Nyx, Maine began his speech with a serious and formal tone. "Your honor, Ma'am. My name Germaine Yates, former soldier in the United States Army. Sorry to intrude on this situation but as a member of this party I need to share my own thoughts on this situation and let level heads prevail. You see both my companions Tyler and Otto here are very... hot headed to say the least so they let their emotions get the better of them. However, I believe a more peaceful resolution that would mutually benefit both parties. To use the phrase of Mr Daisuke here, a 'win - win' situation is most beneficial." Keep the lines coming, he mentally said to Nyx.

"Now I understand your distrust for people with unusual appearances and powers such as these people, but I can assure you after knowing them for some time they will do anything to protect the innocent, even at the cost of their lives." It was at this point Maine was completely winging it. He could not really speak for the others especially for something so important such as their own freedom, but considering the situation he just went with it. He was also hoping that he could pull a fast one on the king and possibly earn his trust. It was apparent that their powers are what disturbed this man and the other the most. Since he was the most normal looking one, Maine hoped he could at least lead the king on that he was normal and thus more trustworthy. "Now we do not ask for much from yourself, we only want to be free and not treated like prisoners. So for our freedom and general protection, we would be able to provide assistance to anything you might need within reason. Would such an agreement be possible?"

[fieldbox="Meeting the King, red, solid"]

High King Offrish

Johnathan drummed his fingers on his armrest as he listened to the particular replies from all of them, including a newcomer who introduced himself as Germaine Yates. Each seemed to suggest that they wished for a peaceful resolution, and yet one of them implied that their would be bloodshed should Johnathan choose the wrong answer. Though much to his credit, Germaine Yates did his best to smooth things over, it did not change the implied threat. Johnathan was quick to narrow his eyes at Otto. "Be careful of what you seem to imply with your words Otto White. You have no idea what my nation or my soldiers are capable of. Arrogance has been the downfall of many, it would be a shame for someone such as yourself to suffer such a fate." Then Johnathan waved the thought away with a brisk flourish of his hand. "Regardless, the suggestion set forth by Daisuke Hirragi is an intriguing one. It is true that I am in command of a vast network of information, being at the head of a kingdom. If you gave me the identity of those you followed through I could very likely have them tracked down. Of course, this would require some kind of compensation, nothing is free after all. An exchange of skills would be most definitely in order. You keep the peace with the magic users and we give you what you need to route out your enemies." Johnathan relaxed back into his chair. "In exchange for dealing with these situations as they arise, I could offer you board and money for your services, as well as information on your enemies. I would even leave how to deal with the ability users to your discretion, so long as they make their way here to the capitol city for a conversation with me on the laws of this land. It is quite the fine idea after all. Credit to your Daisuke Hirragi. As you said though Germaine Yates, I would not keep you as prisoners, you would be free to leave the kingdom at any time, and should you decide to take up this task I would allow you liberties as you please, as official representatives of the kingdom. I realize it sounds sudden and rash, but my kingdom has been plagued by those with supernatural abilities for a long time. Not only that, but judging by the report I recieved this Roma character you faced was quite strong, and yet you dealt with him quickly and without incedent. It would lift a great weight off my shoulders to have a group such as yours protecting my citizens from those who decide to use their abilities for less.... savory ends." Finished speaking, Johnathan leaned back in his chair and awaited a response.[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as the doors swung open revealing the missing part of their team Maine. "Oh, look who aint dead. Welcome back buddy." He whispered to his comrade. He watched as Maine went in to full representative mode. He smiled as things started to look like they might work out. When Maine finished the King spoke. Daisuke was wincing as the King warned Otto of his arrogance. He nudged Tyler and whispered, "shit, why does Otto always have to be the Alpha male? We're gonna get killed cuz he can't cool it for 5 mins."

The king contemplated their offer and agreed to their suggestions citing Maine and Daisuke as the ones to sell him on the idea. Daisuke raised his hands in triumph as the king mentioned his name offering a high 5 to Maine. "Wooo!, royal representatives baby! I'm ready for our first quest! Let's take out a dragon or a horde or Orcs or goblins let's go!!!! Yeah footbal!!!"

Tyler Haak

Despite her own declaration of peace, and Daisuke's as well, Otto felt the need to place an open threat to the thought of them being detained. After they had all spoken, somehow the king was agreeing with Daisuke and Maine – the latter who had showed up in a surprising manner. Out of all the people to be making decisions for this group, neither Daisuke nor Maine were her first choices. And Otto was being even more blunt than she was. At least Tyler stayed professional. Or at least, she was professional until Maine called her a hot-head. He wanted a hot-head? She may just show him what her temper really looked like if he didn't start making assumptions about things he HAD NOT EVEN BEEN IN THE ROOM TO WITNESS. She could practically already feel the heat spreading through her fingers, into her knuckles. Maybe making the kid eat fire would help him develop a little perspective on Tyler's moods.

Her gaze, though dispassionate at the moment, still showed a glimmer of annoyance. Not like it mattered anyway, the guy was still a traitor in her mind and she barely even considered him part of their team at this very moment. Tyler glanced Otto's way, wondering if he remembered that at all. Either way, the king seemed to be in a good mood now so she let it go, saying nothing so anyone. She'd said her piece and it didn't look like it mattered anyway – no one was going to listen to her, per usual. The frustration continued to mount, since her very first day with these people. Most of all, right now, she was wondering why Lucien just stood there and said nothing.