A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

conman2163

Long live Carolus Rex...
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
8:00 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

Otto
Interaction: Tyler
Mention: Odelia, Kaminari and Daisuke
-

His waves wasn't returned so he lowered is hand back to his side since this new woman didn't seem to be in the greeting type of mood. He stared ahead as the commander of the riders rode up and spoke of the safety of themselves and the citizens around them. He agreed with the commander in at least the basic sense, they had otherworldly powers and seemed to be attracting violence. He saw Daisuke getting on a horse or rather struggling with trying to get up on a horse, he saw the white hair speak to the commander and he narrowed his eyes at that but didn't have much time to think on it as Tyler rode up and told him to ride near her so that they could speak which Otto nodded to her on.
Otto's spear shrank as he stood and he attached it to his belt before walking up to one of the horses and getting up on it's back and slowly pulled it next to Tyler and her horse. "We need to talk indeed." He spoke to her as they all began to ride.

GM POST
-

The group traveled away from the ruined village, those riders that had dismounted staying behind to ensure the people's safety while they picked up and left or rebuilt. Otto, Maine, Tyler, Daisuke, Lucien, Cal, Odelia and Kaminari were situated in the center of the Calvary column and while some had stayed behind while the force that had collected them had grown in size, at least twenty riders not including the ones who had entered the destroyed village had joined them from the forests around them once they had gotten out of the destroyed village. None of the new riders paid much attention to the strange group from another world as they seemed to be more focused on the wooded areas surrounding them as they rode along the built up path. They rode at a sedate pace for about an hour before the sun began to hang low in the sky, the day having burned away faster then expected.
-
The commander of the column held his fist up for the full halt when they exited into a plain valley covered in snow, two large mountain ranges dominated the sky line to the East and West. The commander circled around the column and seemed to mouth some words and when he spoke his voice was amplified as if he was speaking on a megaphone so the whole group could hear. "We make camp here at the tree line for the night, our capital is less then a day's ride away but it's best we wait for the sun to rise again before we make the last leg of this trip." He then rode to the group of out-worlders. "We'll rest here for the night, we have field rations but not much in the way of true food. If any of you are hungry we will gather from the nearby forest and share what we can with you all but in the mean time please stay here at the camp." He spoke before riding dismounting and guiding his horse to a tree to tie up which everyone else was doing letting the eight out-worlders to do their own thing in the mean time as the riders went about making their own little camp sights for the night.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke was complaining as he trotted along behind the riders. "Owww, owww, owww. Fucking horse! Slow down you are crushing my little Daisukes." The head rider spoke and everyone and asked them to stay still while the set everything up. Daisuke jumped off his horse and walked bow legged for a while. He grabbed at his thighs and groin. "Damn it this riding horses thing blows, oh my junk hurts."

Daisuke found a boulder and sat down his legs spread wide. He continued to rub his thighs and groin all while looking at Tyler and winking. He glanced at a Otto, than Maine,Nyx, white hair and nervous girl. "They said we'd be able to get new weapons and shit right?" He said to no one specifically. "I'm gonna get them to build me custom knives and a harness I can wear all over my chest. I'm a look badass."

Iw5yWTK.jpg

Kami raised his hand at the commander's words whilst having had to endure hearing demon boy's bitching for most of the ride, "I am fairly hungry." Although the Japanese man had never ridden a horse before, the animal seemed to understand what needed to be done by looking at those surrounding it. All Kaminari had to do was ride along. This was apparently a concept that had failed to be recognized by demon boy, who also didn't understand the concept of sitting in such a way so that one's balls wouldn't be crushed, despite this being a normal thing for men. Ah, wait, he wasn't a man. That explains it.

But it was highly aggravating when Kami found himself staring at Daisuke acting like a fool, practically grabbing his junk and looking at Blue in a rather lewd way to which Blue almost certainly hadn't been receptive, that Kami decided he had had enough of this moron. Jumping down from his horse, the Japanese man stomped over to demon boy and stopped hard enough to send dirt and probably bits of horse shit flying onto the boy. Leaning into the boy's face, he growled, "Learn respect." Considering he wasn't the viking, and these people were unaware of what Kami was capable of, the boy probably wouldn't do shit about it as Kami walked away to find a spot by himself, continually unsure if he should join these people at all.

Interactions: Commander, Weeb Child

Tyler & Christian Haak

As they rode along, the task seemed to come naturally to the two Haak siblings, who had no problems maneuvering their horses with ease. This came from years of experience with horses that their cousins owned, but no one would know that or need to know that. Christian kept a steady pace with the new girl. Since she seemed rather confused and a little distraught, he thought it best to stick around in case she needed the support from what seemed to be the only person who would be mean to her.

Tyler rode alongside Otto, doing her best to update him on all the major events up until his arrival. Or… revival? She ended with his death scene, conveniently leaving out the unspoken love confession and kiss, since it made her feel awkward to mention it. "You showed up not long after we woke up in the cabins when we were getting attacked by that lunatic E.I. guy. I guess you know the rest from there.If you have any questions about things, just ask. I want to fill you in, but I don't want to fry your brain either."

Suddenly, the group came to a stop and Tyler listened to the commander relay his plan for the night. With a sigh, the woman led her horse to the shade of a tree and hopped down nimbly, tying the reins to the tree as well. It was while she was doing this that she saw Daisuke rubbing on his junk and winking her way. The expression on her face didn't change really, only a nearly imperceptible line of unamusement where it usually was. Daisuke was acting even worse than usual. Kind of like a child acting out. The issue was that she couldn't determine if it was the arrival of Kaminari, the return of Otto, or something to do with his demon; but she was already ruling out the third. Something was definitely on his mind though. And his behavior was really starting to get on the new guy's nerves. He was becoming more childish by the moment.

This thought led to another, and another, and another until Tyler's mind was filled with doubt about her own team. Maybe… they just weren't a good team anymore. She tried to shake the feeling, but it remained lingering as she fired up and let her flames melt a spot for her in the snow and slowly evaporated the remaining water on the ground. It only took a few minutes after to build a little campfire for her and her horse with tree branches which she lit on fire with her own ability. The woman was settling into her spot next to her dark horse, looking up to see if anyone was struggling to make a campfire. She'd go and help if anyone needed it.

Meanwhile, Christian just tied up his horse a tree or two away from his sister's, looking at a loss on how to make a campfire in the snow without the same powers that she had. Yet he was too worried about getting snapped at, considering her earlier tone toward the new girl and himself, to even try to ask her for help and his horse was blocking the view between the two so she wouldn't be able to see that he was struggling.

[fieldbox="The Journey to the Capitol, red, solid"]

Mentioned/Interacted: @SoleStride : Christian Haak

Lucien

As the convoy came to a stop, Lucien slid off the horse he was provided, and then grabbed the still unconscious and healing Cal from his, slinging him over his shoulder and walking over to where Christian was now at. He held his fingers in an O-shape before blowing gently in it, and then a small stream of flame appeared from between his lips and directed itself through the ring, melting the snow and ice to reveal dry ground. It didn't take long before the ground had become dry from the heat, and while it made the nearby horses skittish, it provided a small area in which they could rest without having to worry about ice or snow. Lucien turned to the small fire that Christian was working at trying to build, the pitiful failure was a testament to his ineptitude at the task. It even made Lucien wonder if the man had any basic survival skills. Laying Cal down on the dry ground, Lucien quickly reassembled the collection of wood so that it made a proper fire starting teepee, before blowing into the center with his own magical flames, bringing the fire to life. He sat down in front of it and pulled the pipe he had been provided from the village out, tamping down some of the mint smelling leaf into the bowl before lighting it, and taking a long draw. He blew a smoke ring that flew up into the air before disappating, and then looked at Christian. "Quite inept at starting a fire aren't we now? So then, do me a favor and fetch that new woman that was brought with us, and then come sit down, we have a bit of talking to do. As for the metal man...." Lucien looked over his shoulder where the man was yelling at Daisuke now. "I suppose it'll be up to him where he decides to sleep tonight, he seems like the independent type so leave him be, i'm sure he can make his way over here if he needs to. I'll catch you and the other woman up and then we'll discuss more important matters." Lucien's words left no room for argument, and Lucien then made himself busy checking over Cal, obviously expecting Christian to carry out his wishes.[/fieldbox]

Otto
Interaction: Tyler
-

He listened to what Tyler said, most of it brought back vague feelings of familiarity but it still felt like he was hitting a wall. He had heard what the commander of the riders had said and paid attention but when the man stopped Otto got off his horse and followed Tyler as he had questions, he went and gathered some extra fire wood before making his way to her fire and setting the wood down and finding himself a seat. "I do have a few questions but one in particular is at the forefront. Earlier before the riders arrived in the village when you left that one...Diasuke if I recall right he mentioned some things but I feel like he's lying. He asked what I remembered and I told him that I recall somethings but in particular strong feeling for you, now I hate to make things awkward but I ain't gonna lie if any information is helpful. He said that those feelings were because I thought of you like a little sister? That I took you under my wing since we both control fire but he said I shouldn't bring any of this up to you because it would be hard for you because you confessed your love for me and I turned you down saying something about how I couldn't betray the feelings for my deceased wife and child. Now that's what Daisuke said to me but it seemed like he was lying though seeing as most of my memories are in shambles I don't know if that really is the truth and I am just bad at judging someone's intent on telling the truth." Otto spoke to Tyler with genuine confusion on his face. "So...what's the truth Tyler?" He asked with concern on his face because if what Daisuke had said was a lie how would Otto be able to trust the demon like man at all?

Tyler & Christian Haak

Lucien's appearance was more or less a blessing. Christian really was struggling to start his own fire and his basic survival skills were nothing in comparison to his sister's. Really… they were nothing compared to anyone's. Pathetic was an understatement. Unfortunately for him, Tyler had gotten the more pertinent life-saving intuition. "Thank you.." He thanked Lucien, looking the man over a little. He'd not met him before, but from the attitude, knowledge, powers, and just overall feel of the guy, he made an assumption that this was the other founder Cal had mentioned. The one that betrayed them. Plus, he was carrying around Cal like it was nothing. The real confusion was why he was bringing the second founder along at all.

More confirmation came from the way Lucien just ordered him around like a subordinate. Had they even met before now? Jumping right into orders, huh? Okay then… Christian, knowing that it was a good idea to be brought up to speed, stepped away from his fire to find the new woman. When he did spot her, he marched right up to her and started in, though making sure to keep his voice calming and kind. "If you'd like to come with me… We have a fire started and I believe the founder is going to brief us on the events up to this point. Would you follow me, please?"

Back at Tyler's fire, she was curling up in front of the flames, listening to Otto talk. So Daisuke went and said something? Clearly lying. What was the point of trying to screw Otto up like that? She glanced in Daisuke's direction again, curious, before focusing back on the fire and her cold hands. Awkward was right. But the more Otto talked, the funnier it got, until he mentioned 'Tyler confessing her love' which made her literally spit out laughter. The woman cleared her throat, trying to control the chortles but it was damn hard. She even had to put a hand over her mouth to muffle it and ended up just huffing a bunch of air out of her nose in short bursts, shoulders shaking from laughter.

It took a little while to come back down, controlling the urge to laugh unstoppingly, and finally making a straight face once again. For a moment, the lies Daisuke had told Otto seemed so outrageous that she wondered if he was actually trying to be funny. But from the way Otto talked, it sounded like a story that Daisuke was trying hard to get Otto to believe. Even telling Otto not to mention it to her.

The thoughts of her team falling apart overwhelmed her for a moment again while she wondered why Daisuke would lie to Otto like that. As much as she wanted them to be friends and have each other's backs, trust one another, she believed the truth was more important. Sorry if he beats your face in Daisuke, but you don't lie to your team…

When she was ready to talk, Tyler shook her head a little to show how she disagreed with Daisuke's story. "So, first of all, you and I have been pretty close since we met. We were given the same elements, so that could be a reason, but that doesn't really matter. Secondly, I've never confessed any such feelings for you or anyone in my entire life even, so that part is false. What I do know is that right before you 'died'-" Tyler made little air quotes around the word 'died'. "-You did say that you'd been wanting to say something but wouldn't because you thought I didn't feel the same way." Tyler glanced off to the side, somehow avoiding eye contact. "And then you kissed me." She stated matter-of-factly, with no sign of emotion in her voice. Stay professional.

For some reason, this entanglement seemed so much more awkward than when she was dealing with Daisuke's forced smooches. Probably because Daisuke was always doing whatever he wanted and had been a joker since the beginning. His actions didn't feel as meaningful if he was always screwing around. But when someone as reserved as Otto did something of the sort, it changed the whole meaning behind it. A meaning she had refused to think about up until now, happily welcoming even such severe distractions as imminent danger.

"Lastly... " She started again. "I don't want you to be too angry at Daisuke for lying to you. At least… don't beat the shit out of him. I think something weird is going on with him. Let me at least talk to him first, find out what his deal is." Tyler tapped at her arm in thought, staring into the fire. This whole damn team is falling apart. If I were that metal guy, whatever his name is, I wouldn't want to stick with us either. I can't even trust my own people anymore... Gross… now she would have to talk to Daisuke about this.

"Hang tight." She told Otto before standing and stepping away to follow in Daisuke's direction. Metal man had already stormed off and now it was time for Tyler to show some authority of her own. Not that she had any authority here, or anywhere for that matter, but it was sure starting to look like no one else was capable of making any logical decisions anymore. When she reached the guy she was looking for, she simply placed her hands on the back of her neck, looking frustrated and exhausted. "Explain." She demanded, staring Daisuke down with a look that showed no room for patience. "There's something going on with you. You're lying to Otto, knowing that he can't remember anything, and you're even more immature than usual. Tell me what's going on or we're all going to have some serious problems."

Otto White
Interaction: None
Mention: Tyler and Daisuke
-

He waited while she laughed, a blank look on his face as he waited for her to settle down though from the reaction she was giving it supported his theory that the one called Daisuke was lying to him which brought up some even more pressing concerns but really it just filled him with disappointment. "What did I do to deserve such treatment?" He asked himself in his head while he continued to listen to Tyler's version of things.
He held his chin in thought and nodded at her words, they had been close since they met partially due to sharing elements and she had not confessed anything to anyone ever so there was that. She did tell him about what he did when he died, despite her use of air quotes Otto knew enough to know he was truly dead but that was neither here nor there at the moment. He noted how she told him he had said he wanted to tell her something but didn't because he thought she wouldn't feel the same before kissing her. "So those strong feelings were or are love...she seems uncomfortable with that notion at least if she is also came to that conclusion. I will need to speak to her about this later." Otto filed it away in his mind for later, she also asked him not to assault Daisuke before getting up to go, presumably to confront the man but Otto wasn't able to respond as his body froze and he gazed off into the distance, a voice entering his head.
"A piece of the puzzle unlocked but still parts are gone, she will help you, willing or not she will unlock the rest." It spoke as Otto began to remember both his life outside and before E.I and his life inside E.I but he could tell things were missing. For now he just struggled in not freaking out as his mind was assaulted by images and information.
Something he didn't notice was how the orange raven grew to match the size of the black one, making them both the size of about two normal birds combined.

Adam Kane

The cage in Adams subconcious looked more roomier now that the demon was reduced to skin and bones. It laid in a fetal position as Adam continued to work through his rage. The Demon took in several weak attempts at breaths and spoke. "You're...weak...you're...no..thing...just...give....iiinn." the demon started choking on his own spit as more chains appeared covering his weak frame.

Adam ignored the demon he was busy. In his mind he would replay the images that made him hate his father but he soon realized he was past it. If he had worked through that pain, why did the demon remain? Once Daisuke had forgave himself his demon melded with him making him stronger but this one held on, why? Adam stood up and walked tword the cage he watched the dying demon, he looked like a premature baby in a glass viewing box. "Why? Why are you still here? I moved on past my dad's issues but you're still here why?"

The Demon saw the frustration in Adam's eyes. He took in a deep breath. "I'll never tell...you." the demon coughed as he tried to laugh at Adam's frustration. Adam got up and walked away. He continued his thoughts when he decided to go back to meditation. He took the pose that Chuu had taught him and started diving into his past memories searching for something.

Daisuke Hirragi

He watched Tyler and Otto as they spoke, he got nervous thinking about Otto spilling the beans. Suddenly a white haired annoyance entered Daisuke's space. He stopped up to him like a child throwing a tantrum and spoke about respect. Daisuke looked at him and watched as he walked away. "Are you gay for me or something? Sorry dude if I were to switch teams Maine would be on the top of my list" He continued to flip off white hair's back. "I fucking hate you" he said under his breath.

Daisuke was pulled out of his mood by a soft touch, without looking he knew who it was. "So you finally got desperate enough?" He joked. He could see she wasn't in a joking mood. She told him about what Otto had said. He stood up and faced her a smile on his face. "Oh come on Tyler I was just testing him like I said." He said as straight forward as possible. "I know we've been through all kinds of stuff and a revive isn't completely out of the question I just wanted to be sure so I told him that to test his response. And as you can see that is Otto. As blunt and unaware as always. Plus two creepy looking birds. Btw did you see those things and that spear they are really creepy like something from a grateful dead photoshoot." Daisuke continued to talk he knew in her eyes that she wanted the truth but it was to painful to reveal what he did. He was losing his cool the more he droned on. He finally stopped.

"Look T. Wild. I'm not sure what you want from me I'm the way I always am, just annoyed with ehite hair. I don't know what that guys problem is or why I hate him so much. Must be half Chinese or something. Anyways I'm fine, so stop digging for something that ain't there." He stood there waiting for her response.

Tyler Haak

She was aware by now that Daisuke had no idea how obvious he was. The guy continued to ramble on, but Tyler just stared at him, waiting for him to finish. Daisuke talked a lot normally, but it was worse when he was lying or uncomfortable. He also tried to divert the conversation a little. She continued to stare for a while even after the man had stopped talking. Tyler clearly wasn't fooled, and the look on her face showed it, etched with something akin to disappointment. It was difficult to decide what to say to him, trying to follow up from his evident denial.

After a while, she could only sigh and rub at the back of her head. Truthfully, she was getting tired. It was really tiring trying to help keep these people together like this. This kind of job would easily wear her down. "Look… Don't tell me the truth. If it's something even you won't say out loud, it must be pretty serious. But I'm not stupid. You lied to Otto before you ever started having problems with that guy so you can't use it as an excuse and expect me to just fall for it. And you wouldn't need to lie to him to test him. You... didn't need to test him at all. At least, I don't remember lying to you when you came back. And I wouldn't appreciate it if you did it to me either."

Tyler shook her head a little, running a hand through her hair. "Whatever the problem is, fix it fast. The last thing we need in a place like this is for teammates not to trust each other. You'll be lucky if Otto can trust you after lying to him right from the beginning and he already feels like he doesn't know you with his memory lapse. It's a compiling problem. Before Maine and Adam betrayed us, all we had was our trust in each other. Those two have to earn it back, but we don't want to lose our trust in you too. All we have is each other." Looking even more worn out than before somehow, Tyler didn't even let Daisuke respond before walking away. So tired of being cleanup… She plopped back down in her cleared-out spot, leaning up against a tree and curling up. So tired… Just want to sleep.

Iw5yWTK.jpg

The kid's response, like the rest of his responses, was utterly absurd. Kami had come to him to talk of respect, and the kid suddenly accused him of being gay of all things. Words were wasted in regard to the child, clearly.

Finding a section of ground that was mostly quiet and semi-isolated, Kami sat in a meditative style, closed his eyes, and slowly thought over the day's events. In the man's mind, it hadn't even been an entire day since he had ruthlessly put down the remainder of his old gang or mafia, whichever one wished to call them, and was about to remove himself from the world's equation. And yet here he was, dealing with liquid metal crawling on his chest, crazy people with superpowers, and what looked like native peoples who were either stuck in the medieval ages or simply never had the chance to escape them.

In regards to the metal, Kami opened his eyes and looked down at it, realizing the substance moved on a subconscious level in response to danger or emotions apparently. Why did he have this power now? Why was the air in this world so seemingly full of vitality? Why Kaminari Saito of all people? All of them were questions Kami was nowhere close to answering, and he suspected the others would be incapable of answering them as well. However, they did in general seem more accustomed to such things.

In any case, Kami looked at his hand and then clenched it into a fist, I need to get conscious control over this stuff. I've been... blessed... with it, in a foreign world, and it seems I have no choice but to continue struggling on for survival. So I have to learn to make it an extension of my body. Perhaps I can even move more metal? Something to look into later.

Closing his eyes once more, the man breathed in deeply through his nose, held it for a few seconds, and then slowly exhaled through his mouth. Envisioning the metal crawling from his torso up his arm, he did his best to move it on command. Upon opening his eyes, Kami only witnessed the metal slowly, and haphazardly moving into place, not even covering the arm entirely, Perhaps it's an issue not of command, but simply of confidence. It did exactly what I wanted like I would move an arm in battle, without thinking. So if I simply decide to move, it will move?

With that, Kami recoiled the arm and struck forward in a basic punch, assuming the metal would move into place. Surprisingly, it did so tremendously quickly, encompassing the whole of his arm and fist before the punch made contact with the invisible enemy. Gazing quietly at the now iron-covered arm, Kami moved it from side to side and opened and closed the fist, My center of gravity is off slightly like this, and I can feel the weight of the metal. That wasn't true earlier.

Deciding to stand, Kami let the metal on his arm return to the torso as he took up a bowing stance as if entering a dojo or ring. The Japanese man then adopted a fighting stance, the metal quickly advancing upon every inch of his body as he did so, That feels better. All or nothing is likely the best choice, though I can probably concentrate metal in different areas when I strike if I want to throw my balance off for more decisive power. The metal is simply an extension of me, another arm. I must treat it as such, much like any other weapon in combat.

Ignoring the possibility of onlookers, Kami proceeded to exchange in a series of kata, or fighting techniques, punching, kicking, locking, grappling, and generally testing out his new ability and refining his control over it. At one point, he balanced upside down on his hand, moving the limbs in various positions, My balance is mostly unaffected since the metal is fairly evenly spread, though the legs do seem a bit heavier than the arms without intentionally moving metal. For the most part, however, the metal supports its own weight when connected to the ground through other metal... I will definitely have to update my daily training for this... But the biggest question remains, how do I deal with the other people who have powers? Based off experience, every single one of them from our world has powers now. Which makes even regular, non-medieval people potentially dangerous or useful. I still can't shake the damn taste of metal in my mouth, unfortunately. Perhaps all powers have side affects like the blue woman.

Eventually, Kami stopped his training and found a tree to lie against, leaving the metal encompassing his body as the man awaited sleep. It was surprisingly comfortable, Hmm... It tried to distribute heat earlier... Maybe later... I can try... other... Before Kami knew it, he was out.

Interactions: None

Mentioned/Interacted: @SoleStride : Christian Haak

Lucien

Lucien watched as Christian dutifully carried out just what he had asked him to do, but the woman seemed unresponsive for some reason or another. After a few minutes he stood up and walked over to the man, grabbed his arm, and lead him back to the fire. "I don't know what her issue is but it may just be better to leave her alone, she'll make her way over in her own time, i'm sure." He said these words in a low tone while leading Christian back to the fire.

Once they had both sat down, Lucien refilled his emptying pipe with more of the leaf and took a puff, relaxing against the back of a tree within the clearing of ground. Nearby the horsemen were making rounds and passing out bedrolls to the members of the camp along with bowls of soup, Lucien thanked the horsemen who came by and gave him his, taking the bowl and setting aside along with the bedroll. Then he took a deep breath and began to speak. "Where to begin then hmmm? I assume you must have come into the service of the E.I. sometime after I defected, so you should know what it is they said they were about, but it would be better if I gave you the full story, starting from the beginning. It all started just about a year ago, your sister, along with Otto, Maine, Daisuke, and three others came into our sights. You see your ancestors were all once great mages and they were essential to a vision shown to us by a man known as the first founder. So the orders to retrieve them were sent out....." Over the next few hours Lucien told Christian the tale of their adventures over the past year, stopping only to refill his pipe and answer questions from Christian. When he was finished he spoke of the world they were in. As it turned out, only a small part of the population on this planet was made up of humans, the rest were a humanoid population known as the "Velux" a near human species that had been populating this world for as long as humanity had existed on Earth. They were not only capable of magic, but used it quite adeptly, though according to what Lucien had learned the nobility of this planet were the only ones capable of using it, and they jealously hoarded their ability, only allowing nobility to marry nobility, as a way of controlling the peasant population. There was only one exception, a country to the east that was a republic. Their were no nobles there, and the technology they had was over a century ahead of what other countries used, a result of magic mingling with science to create new advancements. There Lucien's knowledge and story telling ended, a process that took close to four hours. When he was finished, Lucien tapped out his pipe and then laid down on the provided bed roll, mumbling to Christian about how they ought to get sleep and that he could explain more tomorrow, before falling fast asleep.

??? & ???

The woman in black armor stared at the large campsite from a distance, watching from a hilltop vigilantly. Nearby a shorter figure also in black armor watched with her, viewing the camp sight. The figures said nothing, merely observed, as was their task, silently carrying out whatever was their hidden objective.

GM Movements

Before long, night turned to day, and the world grew bright. The horsemen began to rouse from their sleep, select members of the party chosen to go and wake the other sleeping members of the E.I. and pass out bread and a bright pink and sweet tasting fruit that was in the shape of a cube with rounded corners. Breakfast no doubt.[/fieldbox]

• Useful
Reactions: SoleStride
Daisuke Hirragi

He watched as the blue woman seemed to give up and walk away. As soon as she was clear he dropped his cool guy guard and bit his kip. He spoke softly. "I did it for me. I did it so I wouldn't have to watch you and Otto become a couple before my eyes. I did it so you would come to me. You'd lean on me and maybe you'd fall for me." He looked up at the sky and heard the commotion. "Shit."

Daisuke teleported away to the top of a tree that the others were huddled around. He listened to Lucien drone on and on about their adventures. Daisuke stole glances at Otto, then Tyler, Maine and Nyx all before settling in getting ready to sleep. He wrapped his tail around himself and the branch just incase he fell. He watched the night sky all while thinking of his next move. 'Damnit. I'm so lame. I can't even confess properly. I gotta fix this or the teams done for. Fuck.!' He agonized quietly until he fell asleep.

Daisuke woke up the next morning, he was exhausted from the day before. He woke up sore and cold. He teleported down to the fire to warm himself, he noticed he was one of the first awake of his group. Once he was warmed up he decided to skip breakfast and go out into the woods to try to clear his mind. He walked until he found a stream he lifted his arm and smelt his arm pit. "Woah." He shook his head and decided to jump in. He splashed around in the water shivering from the temperature. "Damn it's cold." He teleported to the tops of the trees and sat in the sun and breeze.

After he was dry he slapped his knees and stood up. "Ok! I made my decision. I'll put it on front street and challenge Otto the right way. winner take all no hard feelings." Daisuke looked out above the canopy and felt the weight on his decision. "I gotta do this for Tyler and for Otto...I guess." He teleported away from tree to tree till he reached the camp. He sat along the fire looking in Otto's direction. "O..." He cleared his throat "Otto I need to talk to you. Privately if you don't mind." He avoided Tylers gaze and waited for a favorable response.

Tyler & Christian Haak

Christian was indeed a little confused by the lack of response. Lucien must have noticed from the distance and came over to grab the man and haul him back over to their spot. When they reached the fire, Christian took a seat., soon after accepting the bedroll and the food with grateful thanks. He started in on the soup while Lucien started to speak. His story took much longer than he anticipated, but even so, Christian managed to stay focused on it the entire time. It sounded like the third founder had been able to get a decent amount of information from the townspeople while the rest of the team had been sleeping. Christian hadn't asked any questions but someone from a few trees down who had been listening in had a few of her own.

She'd stayed up all night, tucked into her bedroll as if sleeping, to listen to Lucien talk. Of course, she didn't really need to hear much about the E.I., but the ending information about the world they were in now was good information to have. If only the nobles were able to use magic and hated peasants being able to do anything of power, how would they treat this group of outsiders who had been seen using powers? This was getting worse and worse. Even after Christian had gone to sleep, Tyler was still awake, staring into the darkness in worry.

She'd dozed off maybe an hour before dawn when everyone was woken by the horsemen. The woman took her oddly-shaped fruit, staring at it drowsily. She was always so tired, but could never manage to get any sleep. Even when she could hear Daisuke calling out to Otto, it didn't make any difference. She just gazed at the fruit in a fog of sleepiness. Eventually, she was able to put the fruit in her mouth, holding it there with her teeth while she stood and began to pack up the bedroll and anything else. She tied the roll onto the back of her horse's saddle, briefly leaning on the horse to rest. The large animal turned its head to nuzzle the side of her face, so she gave it a gentle pat on the side of its face in return and then plopped down on the ground to eat her fruit and bread breakfast, occasionally breaking off pieces to offer up to the horse.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Otto White
Interactions: Daisuke
-

Otto had awoken early as did his ravens, both having nested themselves on Otto's torso as he slept watching for any sign of danger to him. He had been given his food before the sun had risen completely, he gave some of the bread to the ravens but ate most of it himself while the first taste of the fruit had made a scowl appear on his face finding the taste to be to sweet for his liking so he let his hand erupt in fire and cooked the fruit until it was almost burnt and most of the liquid inside had boiled off making it much harder and less sweet almost like it was dehydrated. Otto didn't see it but the riders were very cautious and put off by a human so easily calling upon the power of fire without spells or any sort of medium, Otto's attention though was on the two ravens as they ate. The orange one didn't eat it's bread so much as it burnt it to ash and absorbed that, the shadowed one was even odder as it simply pulled the bread into it's shadow...it was odd. The next thing Otto noticed was Daisuke trying to get his attention, Otto looked up at his and fixed him with a stare. Two fire rings formed in his eyes as he looked even in the blind one, Otto heard him ask to speak in private and he kept staring. Otto stood and started to walk towards Daisuke, weapon in hand and ravens on his shoulders.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke watched as the undead Viking man stomped tword him. He was a little nervous but stood by his conviction. "Lets..." He cleared his throat. "Let's talk over here away from ease droppers and nosey ass guards." Daisuke turned his back on Otto and started walking into the trees. Otto's aura was intense, Daisuke could feel Otto had his guard up. He spoke somewhat nervously. "I know your probably pissed about the whole lying thing but uh, I uh."

Daisuke stopped they had traveled far enough he turned around, faced Otto and bowed his head in apology. "I'm sorry!" Daisuke kept his head lowered. "I'm sorry for lying to you, I'm sorry for trying to trick you while you were all foggy but." He stood up straight, he looked Otto right in his fire ringed eyes. "I love Tyler Too." His eyes, his posture, his movement, his voice everything was serious. It was as if Daisuke switched places with Cal.

Daisuke looked at Otto and spoke. "I know you're probably still pissed at me and you don't trust me, I get it. You barely remember me and when you needed me the most I tried to con you." He took a few steps closer to Otto, he was now within Otto's reach. "But you have to believe this, I love that woman and I'm declaring it right now to you, my love rival. I will fight for Tylers affection and no matter what the outcome I don't want it to hurt the team. Tyler needs us to stick together and the last thing I wanna do is fuck that up."

Daisuke took I'm a breath and watched Otto then his pet birds. He shook his head slowly as if he was arguing with himself. He exhaled and held up his hands as if under arrest. "If it'll help you believe me about everything I'm willing to let you kick my ass until you feel like your satisfied." He closed his eyes. "Go ahead I won't block or anything." He grit his teeth and waited for the pummeling.

Reactions: SoleStride
Otto White
Interaction: Daisuke
Mention: Tyler
-

Otto listened to what the man had to say, the rings of fire in his eyes dying away but his guard still up. "I expected you to attack me in all honesty, from the lying to wishing to speak to me in private all pointed to an attempt...I am glad we are not going to try and kill each other again." Otto spoke as he began to circle Daisuke his eyes as well as his raven's watching the man with the appearance of a daemon. "Don't get me wrong, i'm still angry, furious even. I can feel a deep sense of animosity for you and your viper tongue but what upsets me the most is how you are treating this situation, whether you have meant to or not you are trying to turn this situation into a competition with Tyler as some sort of prize for the winner...Love rivals...what a...ignorant term."
Otto came back to the front of Daisuke. "Yes I do care for Tyler, even without my memories intact I can tell that she meant something deep to me before I...well died and slowly my memory is returning, I remember you dying or well the original you, I remember Syria and the Guardian incident when I turned into a monster to destroy the forces that attacked and with these memories my feelings only seem to grow stronger for her. Also I can tell you care for her a great deal as well as you have just said but there is a small little thing we both must acknowledge about the whole situation and that is how Tyler feels about all of this." Otto relaxed a bit as he spoke and leaned against a tree before continuing to speak to Daisuke. "Has the thought occurred to you that Tyler might want a say in all of this? Or that she may possibly not see either of us outside of a platonic light? Daisuke at the end of all this, no matter what you or I do this will all be decided by Tyler. How about this, instead of us being love rivals as you say and turning this into a competition you, Tyler and I will all sit down when we have a moment of calm and talk about this like adults. Who knows maybe Tyler doesn't want either of us trying to court her and has just been putting up with it this whole time as not to make any conflict or maybe she does have feelings for one of us but doesn't want to say anything again as to not make conflict but eh i'm beginning to ramble now." Otto took a breath or more of a sigh really. "Look all I am saying is we gotta consider Tyler's feelings at the moment and frankly she seems stressed to all hell so how about you and I tone down the whole competition thing for a bit until she has a chance to rest eh Daisuke?" Otto finished speaking, leaving his suggestion hang in the air for Daisuke to consider.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke slowly opened his eyes and dropped his arms. "Shit." He blurted out. "Honestly Otto I expected you to beat the shit outta me, maybe burn my nut sack off or something." He took in a deep breath and faced Otto. "Damn but yeah that does raise a good point we might not be Tylers types. In all honesty she looks like she could bat for the other team. You know what I mean" he jokingly nudged Otto. The bird looked at him so Daisuke backed away.

"So I guess we'll just have to put our feelings on hold for the time being. You're right T - Wild's been on edge lately." Daisuke thought of something to ask but wasn't sure if he should, he rubbed the back of his neck, cleared his throat then spoke up. "So, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but. Are you pissed at Adam and Maine?" He looked at the undead Viking man waiting for him to speak. Cuz that's another thing that's on Tyler's mind and I don't know how the healing process goes for something like literal back stabbing but I do know we need to trust again right?"

Daisuke winced at his last sentence. "Damn Tyler and her frilly words" he muttered under his breath." He smiled and stretched. "So Mountain Man, are we cool now?"

Daisuke and Otto's sentimental moment was quickly interrupted by the stomping of impatient horses. All around the camp, people had begun to mount up. The velux men on horses all formed into the riding column they were in before and started off, the commander not waiting to check and see if the others had mounted up. Lucien, ever the caring one, had mounted his own horse and then brought the pair theirs, the reigns held in his hand. "Best to mount up you two, we've got places to be, and not a whole lot of time before our guides ride off without us."[/fieldbox]