A New Order [OOC] (Accepting characters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's best for me to introduce my character, or better yet, what sort of place would the card say to meet with the collective representative?

Though reading the IC it seems like you cover the invitations and meeting arrangements.

My Application is finished now. It's ready for review.

''Justice will prevail. I will see to it myself,''

coat.jpg

Character name - Dale Carter
Alias - Alpha
Faction - Syndicate
Gender - Male
Age - 29
Birthplace - London, UK
Occupation - Full Time Hero
Height - 6'0''
Weight - 165 lbs
Apparel - Typically dresses in a Business Casual or Smart Casual style similar to the above picture. When on Patrol he typically dresses as seen in the bellow picture. He never was a fan of costumes due to the nature and unreliability of his powers so unlike most Heroes never developed a ''proper'' costume. He simply took measures to ensure his identity remained obscured while retaining some style.
aiden_is_watching_by_s_seith-d621682.jpg
Weaponry - Typically he carries two Concealed Pistols; one with Rubber Bullets and the other with live annunciation. As well as a Baton hidden within his long-coat for melee against non-super-powered foes.
Equipment - Smartphone, Wallet (with Debit Card and Driver's Licence), Mercedes SLK (2-Seater with Retractable Hood)
1280px-Mercedes-Benz_SLK_200_BlueEFFICIENCY_Sport-Paket_AMG_%28R_172%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_1._April_2011%2C_Velbert.jpg
Powers - Dale's Powers are latent and cannot be consciously activated by him. They only activate in the presence of other super-humans. Once he is within the presence of another superhuman he gains the following abilities:

Peak Human Durability - Dale's ability to resist damage rises allowing him, while his powers are active, to survive (or take less damage) situations the average man could not. (For example falling from a great height, being hit by a car, physical blows from baseball bat without his bones breaking, take a non-lethal bullet wound without fainting/collapsing etc.)

Peak Human Speed - Dale's top speed rises significantly past average allowing him to sprint at peak human speeds; at full exertion he can push his sprinting speed to about 30 mph but usually sprints at around 20 mph.

Peak Human Reflexes - Dale's reflexes also increase to monk-like levels allowing him to react incredibly fast (consistently in 0.1 of a second) to dangers around him.

Peak Human Strength - Dale's strength also rises when near super-humans reaching almost world record levels; when his powers are activated he can lift a maximum 400 lbs over his head, bench press a maximum 700 lbs, Dead-lift a maximum of 1000 lbs and squat a maximum just over half an imperial ton (1200 lbs). (N.B. These lifts are his absolute maximums and could only be achieved when Dale was full exerting himself and even then were only done with one rep.)

Limitations - The main limitation of his powers is the fact that he must be within close proximity of another superhuman in order to activate and maintain his powers. Dale figures a super-human has to be within a 5 metre or around 15 ft radius of himself to trigger his superpowers. Otherwise he is effectively the same as any regular human.

In addition, Dale's powers depend on sensing the Genetic changes found in individuals affected by the Event. This means Magic users do not actually trigger the activation or maintenance of his powers.

Skills - Dale's time serving as a Police officer has given him the training to be reasonably proficient in Pistol Use. While he's no deadshot, he could still hit a moving target with reasonable ease and if standing still even hit smaller body parts on a target if so inclined (i.e. the Extremities so Head, Hand, Arm, Leg, Foot etc.)

Hand to Hand combat is something Dale has only recently begun training in after the discovery of his superpowers, he only uses it when his powers are activated (Dale tried using a Baton while his powers were activated and only accomplished breaking it in half), as a result he tends to rely on overpowering his opponents with brute strength and speed rather than skilful use of combat.

Dale is very good with the Baton and used it many times in close quarters physical confrontations; it is easily the form of fighting he has used the most and as a result most skilled in. This tends to be his form of combat when his powers are dormant.

Outside of combat, Dale's time in the police has given him quite a few useful skills; among other things Dale has reasonable investigative skills as well as a good familiarity with the Law. He also received training in how to handle himself in high speed chases (although since he was usually deployed on foot, this piece of training has seldom been used).

Weaknesses - When his powers are inactive he is effectively a normal human being with all the weaknesses which come with that. Even with his powers, any super-humans with offensive superpowers would not have too much difficulty taking Dale out.

However his main weakness is simply the fact that his powers only activate when near other super-humans meaning ranged/long distance attacks are a big problem for Dale.

Morality - Neutral Good

Personality - Dale has a somewhat idealistic world-view (some would call him naive, he would say he's optimistic) believing he must do everything in his power to further good in the world. He tends to be devoted to those who he considers friends and would go to great lengths to help anyone he considers a friend and equally great lengths to bring to justice those he considers enemies (which is as easy as being Evil to the eyes of Dale).

An Ambivert; Dale is easygoing and sociable when out of costume but when costumed seemingly becomes a more serious, driven and quiet person taking his role as an enforcer of justice seriously (something that has stuck with Dale since his policing days).

His fateful flaw would be his impulsiveness; while he does plan things out and prepare, in the moment he tends to act on his gut feelings rather than stick to plans which while it has sometimes served him well it has and can also lead to things going badly for him. This is particularly prone to occurring if he is emotionally invested in the events at hand but due to Dale's strong sense of justice his always somewhat emotionally involved with his superhero activities.

Bio - Born to a family of Police Officers, it seemed to Dale as if he was destined for law enforcement. He spent his youth in the Police Cadets, trying his best to emulate his parents, and eventually made his way into the Metropolitan Police.

He spent the next few years of his life on the beat; immersing himself into the Police life keeping the Streets of London safe. It was during this time when Dale was 20, with only two years on the force, that the first Superheroes and villains emerged in London. Around this time Dale discovered his powers; a teenager had robbed a small convenience store and was attempting to get away. It seemed like a typical situation until the teenager began throwing fireballs at him. With speed he had never possessed, he managed to dodge the fireballs and apprehend the teenager.

Dale was both shaken and exhilarated by his experience; both because he had faced his ''super-villain'' and that he too had superpowers. Although Dale was quickly disappointed when he found his new found abilities had disappeared and eventually tried to chalk up the whole ''superpower'' experience to adrenaline.

However he couldn't entirely shake off the feeling what he had done was not entirely normal and eventually after repeated similar experiences realised the nature of his powers. Soon the idea of being a Superhero came to mind; on the one hand Dale felt loyal to his fellow Metropolitan Police but on the other hand he felt he would better serve the Public as a Superhero capable of using his limited powers without needing to hide them.

Eventually he chose to become a Superhero and quit his job (moving to a smaller job which could support his superhero activities), beginning his career on the Streets of London as Alpha using some of his old clothes and a bandanna as a makeshift costume (which he eventually chose to keep once he moved to New York due to the fact it reminded him of his time in London). He spent the next few years as a minor superhero facing off against any trouble he found. At first with the relative rarity of super-villains he rarely used his powers but overtime as they began to emerge he had chances to practice using his abilities.

It was in 2009 when he decided to move to New York; he had heard that New York was quickly becoming the nexus of Superheroes and felt that was where he needed to be. While London has some activity (although he hadn't met too many British Superheroes), it was nothing compared to New York's.

Once he made the move he took a break for a while as he set up his new life in the USA. He had been somewhat tempted to take advantage of the benefits seen by Super-humans who chose to put their powers towards Government service in order to make the transition between the UK and the USA smother but felt that the potential for his powers to be abused by a World Power was not an idea he liked to entertain.

It took some getting used to but Dale eventually began to see New York as a second home. However to Dale's despair, the saturation of superheroes in New York meant it was difficult to start a Heroic career in New York. For a time he was a civilian again, forced to mentally relive his adventures in London despite his yearning to continue them.

However in late 2014 he heard of the founding of the Syndicate and began to for the first time in years seriously consider a Superhero career. While he didn't immediately get back in costume; he began training again like he used to in London and getting back in physical form. Eventually in February 2015 he finally felt ready to begin again and so when the next wave of recruitment to the Syndicate he signed up under his old alias of Alpha, got out his old costume and prepared to return to the life of the Superhero.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's best for me to introduce my character, or better yet, what sort of place would the card say to meet with the collective representative?
I got the perfect introduction for you character. Let me just edit in their intro in the IC OP. Gimme a sec.

And there we go.

I've now got to go to work.

My co - GM has the run of things.

Sweet, I've got work later too. (in about 30 minutes)

Only one thing, the character's name is V, not Bones, I don't have any complaints since that would work as a nickname for him.

Name - Robert Chaser
Alias - None
Faction - Independent
Gender - Male
Age - 16
Birthplace - Lubbock, Texas
Occupation - Full Time Student

Appearance - At 5'8" and 125 lbs, Robert is a skinny little bastard, but he does have some elements of masculinity about him such as a bit of facial hair and something of a rugged jawline. Still, he pretty much screams 'enormous nerd' to the point where he even wears either contacts or glasses. He has extremely pale skin with freckles and keeps his brown hair close to his scalp and out of his ice blue eyes. At least his voice is deep and not high-pitched.

Apparel - Like any normal teenager, particularly lazy ones, he usually just wears some kind of t-shirt and pants. He doesn't spare much time for fashion.
Weaponry - Whatever he has crafted or bought beforehand.
Equipment - Whatever he has crafted or bought beforehand. Beyond that, he also has a regular old bike.

Powers - Matter Transmutation. In a way, Robert can be thought of as a true alchemist, one with the ability to modify and transmute the very matter underlying everything by rearranging subatomic particles and atoms themselves. Using his power, Robert can craft essentially anything given enough time as long as he understands the principles behind its construction, or how all the atoms come together.

Limitations - Robert has to concentrate intently when transmuting something, something of equivalent mass must be used to make the product, and the length of time to alter something depends on the complexity of what he wants to do. Fashioning something fairly straight forward like a sword could only take a few minutes of intense concentration, though the quality probably wouldn't be very good, and his own lack of skill with the weapon would make it pointless anyway. Given time and training, his abilities should increase, but as it is now, it takes him quite a long time to make anything.

Skills - The only thing Robert has going for him besides his ability to transmute matter is his astonishing intelligence, which is itself highly interwoven with his "alchemy," if one were to refer to it as such. Without his intelligence, he'd be unable to craft complex items such as machines or firearms. Beyond these two things, he has nothing else really. Slow, soft, and weak all describe this teenager.

Weaknesses - Beyond his physical weakness, Robert does still have the faults of an introverted young man such as self-doubt, often times lacking confidence, shyness towards others (especially women), etc. At times his intelligence can also overrun and trample his emotions, giving him a cold-heartedness that could potentially lend itself to taking advantage of others and ruthlessness. He has a particular disdain for religious people.

Morality - Chaotic Neutral

Personality - A shy, nerdy and introverted young man with an internal struggle between logic and emotion. His youth lends itself to insecurity and his intelligence can turn him to pessimism and cynicism. Overall, however, he bends and sways in the wind, still unsure of who exactly he is.

Bio - Born essentially in the ass end of nowhere and surrounded by country hicks and Christian fundamentalists, Robert rejected both society and his family at an early age, choosing to fly through school as fast as possible on the wings of intelligence. Tormented and bullied by others, he withdrew inward as lived life in a shell, learning and secretly practicing his ability as he knew everyone would further reject him if they knew what he was. He ultimately attained a high school education at 15 and left Texas as soon as he could, heading for university in NYC under the thought that it was the epicenter of superhumans.

My Application is finished now. It's ready for review.
As far as I see, it's good to go. A well-balanced character with a lot of thought awarded to his creation.

Name - Robert Chaser
Not bad, a little young which probably won't be a big deal unless he decides to join the Syndicate (I don't think they'd let minors in harms way). He definitely has room to grow as the RP progresses.

I don't know if Ace actually wants me accepting apps, but if he does these two have my approval.

Hopefully it progresses well, I see a lot of them flounder unfortunately.

Would it be ok if I made a sort of half Syndicate half independant character?

Well he would be a member of the syndicate and a good guy. But would secretly work for various employers as a mercenary.

Alright, that doesn't sound out of place. You can start working on him.

As far as I see, it's good to go. A well-balanced character with a lot of thought awarded to his creation.

Not bad, a little young which probably won't be a big deal unless he decides to join the Syndicate (I don't think they'd let minors in harms way). He definitely has room to grow as the RP progresses.

I don't know if Ace actually wants me accepting apps, but if he does these two have my approval.
They both look good to me, both are accepted.

Well he would be a member of the syndicate and a good guy. But would secretly work for various employers as a mercenary.
That'd be fine, yes, but some of the Syndicate members might be opposed to it if they found out.

Secrets in a story are meant to be revealed at dramatic moments.

I'll start reading the IC today and do what I can in having an intro post up and running sometime today. Looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.