A New Order [OOC] (Accepting characters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that Lucian probably doesn't have citizenship anywhere. Hum.

Character name - Allison McPherson (Also answers to "Allie", "Mac", "Or "AM")

Alias -Domino

Faction - Syndicate

Gender – Female

Age - 25

Birthplace – Atlanta, GA.

Occupation - Photo Journalist/Hero

Appearance -
cms2.jpg

Height – 5' 6"

Weight - 135

Apparel - A Black Spandex suit with white trim down the side, and a white mask

Weaponry N/A

Equipment - Camera: Allison has various kinds of cameras that she uses for her job and is rarely without one.

Car: Allison gets from point A to Point B in a Chevy Geo. It's not much but it does the job.
Powers – Shrinking: Allison has the ability to shrink down to 6 inches tall. (As she gets more used to her powers she will be able to shrink to microscopic size.)

Weight Shifting: Alison can shift her weight so even at six inches tall she can have weight and strength as though she were her normal size. Alison can also shift her weight so that she can float on air currents and travel along cell-phone signals

Limitations - In terms of shrinking if Alison doesn't return to normal size at least once every twenty four hours she is stuck at 6 inches tall without her weight shifting power for the next twenty four hours.
To accomplish her weight shifting takes a great deal of power and strength for Alison. Once she shifts her weight in one direction, and then shifts back the other way she is pretty much wiped out for at least five minutes.

Skills – Distance Running: Allison loves to jog and with her unique powers it's a given that she stays in good shape.

Boxing: For some reason Allison was drawn to boxing as a child. Her parents made, what they thought, was an unrealistic deal. Allison came through though and they enrolled her in boxing lessons. Her parents discovered that she was actually pretty good at it. Granted she could never fight professionally but she knows how to throw a solid punch and can roll with them pretty good too.

Photography: Allison loves being a photographer and job at the local paper as a staff photographer.

Weaknesses – Alison is mortal however with her being at six inches tall certain "ordinary" objects can pose a threat to her.

Morality – Chaotic Good

Personality - Allison by nature is a outgoing and has a vibrant personality with a bit of a mouth on her. She generally goes with the flow but isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Bio – Alison was born to Steven and Anna McPherson in Atlanta, GA. Dad was a helicopter pilot for the Atlanta Police Department, and her mom was a field reporter for CNN. Alison had a fairly normal child hood. Steven instilled in her a sense of doing what was right, and Anna instilled a sense of always doing her best and never settling for less.

Alison had a great love with things that were visual. Whether they were on TV, happening in front of her, or a beautiful painting Alison loved looking at life. Anna bought her a digital camera when she was 5 years old and with that a love of photography was born.

Allison also enjoyed watching boxing for some reason. Her father took her to some of the local fights and Allison would take pictures of them. She would remember the movements just prior to the punch being thrown and how the impact would cause damage. Allison begged her parents at the age of 10 to let her enroll in boxing lessons. They agreed on the condition that she got straight "A"'s for an entire year. Allison pulled it off and her parents reluctantly enrolled her that summer into boxing lessons, and she continued with them for 5 years.

Allison went to the University of Georgia on a cross country scholarship where she majored in photography and minored in journalism. Her mom used some of her media contacts and name recognition to get Allison a job at the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Allison quickly made a name for herself by getting the shots that no one else could, and never just settling for a quick picture. Eventually she moved to New York City because she was offered a job with the New York Post as a photojournalist.

Then came the night that there was a report of a meteorite crashing in a field outside of Syracuse. Allison grabbed her camera and managed to sneak onto the site past the federal quarantine zone . As she went to get the pictures the meteorite made Allison feel strange. She got the pictures for the paper and went home, but she still felt very strange. Allison got back to her apartment, and as she took out one of her earrings it fell to the floor and rolled under her dresser. Allison got on her hands and knees to reach for it. As she did Allison discovered the earring getting closer and bigger. Allison suddenly realized she had shrunk down to six inches tall.

Allison concentrated and grew back to her normal size, but all of this proved to be very unsettling, so she contacted her former roommate who was a scientist. Her roommate arrived in New York City where she was able to run a series of tests on Allison's blood. She discovered that the meteorite mutated Allison's pituitary gland putting it into a state of flux. It was making her shrinking possible and it made her weight shifting possible. Allison believed that there was a reason for her having these powers and decided to use them to fight for justice. She created her costume with a black and white color scheme and a white domino style mask. Allison realized that since she was only slightly taller than two dominos that would be her new name: Domino.

Last edited:
Literally malnourished.

My friend is 6'3", the skinniest person I know, and he weighs 130-135 lbs.
I am actually 6'2" (or over, last time I was measured I was 6'2") and I weigh between 105-110. Depending on what I'm wearing and how much I have in my stomach.

I am actually 6'2" (or over, last time I was measured I was 6'2") and I weigh between 105-110. Depending on what I'm wearing and how much I have in my stomach.
O_O

Marfan Syndrome.
What are the chances? The aforementioned friend was suspected of having Marfan syndrome, and even had a heart murmur which had begun the doctor's speculation, but after a variety of tests they concluded he only had a large number of symptoms of the syndrome.

I've updated my CS some. Not done yet, still have some kinks to work and a bio to write. But it is rather later for me.

That...was a rhetorical question, but either way unless your character has Marfan syndrome as well he is quite a deal under the average weight (not saying to change it, just saying).

That's sort of the point, I think since it is such a rare disease it would be rather fitting to afflict him with it since he manipulates chance. It also helps me give him weaknesses. MFS victims usually have high metabolisms, and like a bajillion health defects. I'm lucky to not suffer too many, just tall, skinny, pectus excavatum, and a dangerous heart. (so far)

Character name - Allison McPherson (Also answers to "Allie", "Mac", "Or "AM")

Alias -Domino

Faction - Syndicate

Gender – Female

Age - 25

Birthplace – Atlanta, GA.

Occupation - Photo Journalist/Hero

Appearance -
cms2.jpg

Height – 5' 6"

Weight - 135

Apparel - A Black Spandex suit with white trim down the side, and a white mask

Weaponry N/A

Equipment - Camera: Allison has various kinds of cameras that she uses for her job and is rarely without one.

Car: Allison gets from point A to Point B in a Chevy Geo. It's not much but it does the job.
Powers – Shrinking: Allison has the ability to shrink down to 6 inches tall. (As she gets more used to her powers she will be able to shrink to microscopic size.)

Weight Shifting: Alison can shift her weight so even at six inches tall she can have weight and strength as though she were her normal size. Alison can also shift her weight so that she can float on air currents and travel along cell-phone signals

Limitations - In terms of shrinking if Alison doesn't return to normal size at least once every twenty four hours she is stuck at 6 inches tall without her weight shifting power for the next twenty four hours.
To accomplish her weight shifting takes a great deal of power and strength for Alison. Once she shifts her weight in one direction, and then shifts back the other way she is pretty much wiped out for at least five minutes.

Skills – Distance Running: Allison loves to jog and with her unique powers it's a given that she stays in good shape.

Boxing: For some reason Allison was drawn to boxing as a child. Her parents made, what they thought, was an unrealistic deal. Allison came through though and they enrolled her in boxing lessons. Her parents discovered that she was actually pretty good at it. Granted she could never fight professionally but she knows how to throw a solid punch and can roll with them pretty good too.

Photography: Allison loves being a photographer and job at the local paper as a staff photographer.

Weaknesses – Alison is mortal however with her being at six inches tall certain objects

Morality – Chaotic Good

Personality - Allison by nature is a outgoing and has a vibrant personality with a bit of a mouth on her. She generally goes with the flow but isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Bio – Alison was born to Steven and Anna McPherson in Atlanta, GA. Dad was a helicopter pilot for the Atlanta Police Department, and her mom was a field reporter for CNN. Alison had a fairly normal child hood. Steven instilled in her a sense of doing what was right, and Anna instilled a sense of always doing her best and never settling for less.

Alison had a great love with things that were visual. Whether they were on TV, happening in front of her, or a beautiful painting Alison loved looking at life. Anna bought her a digital camera when she was 5 years old and with that a love of photography was born.
Allison also enjoyed watching boxing for some reason. Her father took her to some of the local fights and Allison would take pictures of them. She would remember the movements just prior to the punch being thrown and how the impact would cause damage. Allison begged her parents at the age of 10 to let her enroll in boxing lessons. They agreed on the condition that she got straight "A"'s for an entire year. Allison pulled it off and her parents reluctantly enrolled her that summer into boxing lessons, and she continued with them for 5 years.

Allison went to the University of Georgia on a cross country scholarship where she majored in photography and minored in journalism. Her mom used some of her media contacts and name recognition to get Allison a job at the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Allison quickly made a name for herself by getting the shots that no one else could, and never just settling for a quick picture. Eventually she moved to New York City because she was offered a job with the New York Post as a photojournalist.

Then came the night that there was a report of a meteorite crashing in a field outside of Syracuse. Allison grabbed her camera and managed to sneak onto the site past the federal quarantine zone . As she went to get the pictures the meteorite made Allison feel strange. She got the pictures for the paper and went home, but she still felt very strange. Allison got back to her apartment, and as she took out one of her earrings it fell to the floor and rolled under her dresser. Allison got on her hands and knees to reach for it. As she did Allison discovered the earring getting closer and bigger. Allison suddenly realized she had shrunk down to six inches tall.

Allison concentrated and grew back to her normal size, but all of this proved to be very unsettling, so she contacted her former roommate who was a scientist. Her roommate arrived in New York City where she was able to run a series of tests on Allison's blood. She discovered that the meteorite mutated Allison's pituitary gland putting it into a state of flux. It was making her shrinking possible and it made her weight shifting possible. Allison believed that there was a reason for her having these powers and decided to use them to fight for justice. She created her costume with a black and white color scheme and a white domino style mask. Allison realized that since she was only slightly taller than two dominos that would be her new name: Domino.
Accepted

I'm not sure if my bio makes sense, I'm not thinking clearly.

I'm not sure if my bio makes sense, I'm not thinking clearly.
The bio seems fine to me, I have a question about his Poker ability. When does he have to put it into effect? Before a game starts, or can he simply manipulate the outcome in the middle of a game?

If the latter is the case, it would assume he has the capacity to change something that is already decided (i.e. the position of cards in the deck), whereas the former could be explained by him manipulating when the dealer stops shuffling, or something of that nature.

The Poker ability, with that situation, needs to be implemented during shuffling or before.

The Poker ability, with that situation, needs to be implemented during shuffling or before.
Alright then, I don't think I have any further questions and I saw nothing out of place with the bio. So as long as Frenzied Ace doesn't see anything wrong it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.