A New Order [OOC] (Accepting characters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did, I will switch it for the new then.
Alright. It's ultimately up to Frenzied Ace, but I think you should take a critical look at how your character fits into the RP and if his nature will keep you motivated to make relevant posts in the IC.

And you never changed your avatar? I gave you a replacement image without the cropping errors.

Alright. It's ultimately up to Frenzied Ace, but I think you should take a critical look at how your character fits into the RP and if his nature will keep you motivated to make relevant posts in the IC.

And you never changed your avatar? I gave you a replacement image without the cropping errors.
Sorry i forgot, since I had a busy RP day that day. I'll fix it right now

After some thinking, I don't believe this character is right for this RP. I'll replace him with another one that I think will fit this RP a lot better, with some tweaking of course.

After some thinking, I don't believe this character is right for this RP. I'll replace him with another one that I think will fit this RP a lot better, with some tweaking of course.
Alright, I look forward to seeing your second sheet. If you need any help on deciding exactly how best to make your character a good component of the RP, you can check the character guide linked in my signature.

Waiting on a reply from one of the people in the RP. If they don't reply by tomorrow then I'll move it forward.

For the Syndicate people, it's time to socialize!

Waiting on a reply from one of the people in the RP. If they don't reply by tomorrow then I'll move it forward.

For the Syndicate people, it's time to socialize!
If that's me sorry. I was waiting for the Recruits to arrive at the Compound. I should probably post now that they're back.

If that's me sorry. I was waiting for the Recruits to arrive at the Compound. I should probably post now that they're back.
It's not you, the issue has been taken care of.

Moving the plot forward for the Collective, also, I'm gonna oly be accepting Collective aligned or independent characters from here out, there's twice as many Syndicate characters as there are Collectives.

Character name -Yuu Xiè
Alias - N/A
Faction - Independent, for now.
Gender - Female
Age - 22
Birthplace - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Occupation - Waitress in an acquaintance's Chinese restaurant, Master student of Law
Appearance - With her symmetrical facial features, deep brown eyes that speak of a gentle nature and her self-confident smirks, many would consider Yuu to be rather attractive. Unfortunately for them, her body isn't half as feminine as her face and her eyes are apparently misleading. Due to her weekly Wushu- and dance training, Yuu is quite muscularly and she is far from gentle towards any but her friends and family. Moreover, she lacks any real bust, hips or fat in general. The unchanging messy state of her jaw-length, black hair and her unwillingness to wear makeup are Yuu's conscious attempts to be respected and treated as a human being rather than a woman.

Gao, Yuanyuan_image.jpeg

Height - 165 cm, 5'4"
Weight - 54 kg, 119 lbs
Apparel - Yuu cares little about her appearance and so she'll (almost) always choose comfort over attractiveness. Moreover, due to her relatively humble background, she simply doesn't have the money to dress up fancily. As a result, she tends to wear hoodies, t-shirts, jeans and cheap sneakers. It is only at work that she'll take the time to put some effort into her appearance, meaning that she'll wear some makeup, tame her hair and ensure that het appearance suits her uniform.
Emboridered-floral-silk-velvet-traditional-Chinese-blue-cheongsam-dress-002.jpg
Weaponry - Yuu owns Dao twin swords and she's quite skilled at using them. However, she only uses them for her Wushu practice and won't usually carry them around unless she's on her way to training. Ever since her kidnapping, she does keep the small dagger her father gave her within reach. Just in case.
Rare-Chinese-Qing-Dynasty-font-b-Dagger-b-font-Sword-Copper-saya-Signed-Blade-font-b.jpg
Tora's_dao_swords.jpg
Equipment - N/A

Powers - Nullification, or in other words, Yuu has the power to temporarily cancel any Superhuman's powers by touching him or her. As simple and useful as it sounds, this power has severe limitations, especially since Yuu hasn't really gotten a chance to practice her powers and thus isn't able to control it yet. An easy summary of how her powers work, would be that the physical contact with her target is what will trigger the effect and her and the target's mental state is what will decide how long the effect will last. (Since nobody has ever researched her powers and Yuu isn't interested in finding out, it is unknown how exactly they work.)

Limitations - There are several limitations to her power which I've organised in three groups for the sake of clarity:

Triggering: There are several conditions that have to be abided for her powers to work. The most important and basic of these is that she has to touch the other super directly (meaning skin to skin, touching their gloves, masks or clothes won't work). Touching any part of their skin will do the trick, but Yuu has found that touching another super's forehead has the longest lasting effect. She has to trigger her powers at will and they tend to work best through her hands, though using her knees or feet has proven to be effective as well.

Lasting: How longn the effect of her powers will last differs and since Yuu has no full control as of yet, the time can be surprisingly short or random (in which case I'll use the dice option to decide how long the effect will last). They other's powers will be guaranteed to be nullified as long as Yuu maintains direct contact and stays focused. The lasting time varies between 1-30 minutes from the moment she lets go. This time span depends on several variables:
- Yuu's willpower and her focus; if she keeps focused on her target without much distraction, the effect will last longer (which is very hard to do when trying to get away).
- The target's willpower and focus; the more focused/emotionally stable and bent on regaining his/her powers, the sooner the effect will fade.
- With which body part Yuu triggered the effect; as mentioned before, hands work best.
- Their shared emotional bond; If Yuu nullifies the powers of a superhuman she has befriended or knows a lot about, the effect will last hours (but since she has never befriended any supers, she's unaware of this)

Major flaws: The most major of all limitations of her abilities, is that Yuu's powers only work on fellow superhumans. Against sorcerers, mecha, and normal humans with guns, her only superpower is to run away as fast as she can. Another very important weakness is that she is won't easily recover from injuries and she's rather fragile when compared to most superhumans. Therefore she will need backup if she might ever decide to attack a super.

Skills - Wushu: Due to Yuu being a wushu practitioner since the age of six, she's quite agile, flexible and has a lot of endurance and quick reflexes (skills that are only enhanced by her training as a dancer). Due to these regular exercises, she's stronger than average humans and won't be easily knocked off her feet. Still, she won't be able to recover from a bullet or a deep flesh wound without swift medical care.

Dancing: Yuu is quite skilled in several traditional Chinese dances, which she practices almost as regularly as her Wushu. Due to this and her wushu skills, Yuu always moves in a somewhat elegant fashion.

Knowledge: She is quite interested in philosophical and historical topics, which she'll eagerly learn and talk about when given the chance. Besides this, she's multilingual due to her upbringing (Dutch, Mandarin and English). She has a love for reading and when she decides to follow her whims, she'll often end up reading a book in a tree or on top of a building.

Weaknesses - Whenever Yuu permits herself to not put her family first for once, she'll act on impulses, which often results in the strangest situations. As mentioned before, there are severe limitations to her power, which she moreover isn't able to practice freely (since she needs other supers around to be able to activate it). Perhaps her biggest weakness is that despite wishing to break free from their social pressure, Yuu holds her family extremely dear. Due to this, they could easily be used to manipulate her. On a final note, she harbours a deep hatred and fear towards guns and if someone threatens her with one, she'll either snap and attack them or quietly obey (unfortunately for her, there are a lot of guns in 'Murica).

Morality - Torn between Lawful neutral (when practicing wushu or concerning her family) and Chaotic neutral (when she is free) while leaning towards good

Personality - Yuu is a free spirit, acting as she sees fit without caring much for the results her actions may have... The exception to this rule is when her family is involved in the matter, since the importance of putting family first has been drilled into her since the day she was born. She is constantly searching for ways to be independent without hurting or disappointing her family.
Yuu is quite charismatic, self-confident and has an easygoing nature. As a result, she easily makes friends if she wishes to do so. Her cynical nature and inability to easily trust others is what's holding her back from doing so. If she's in a particularly mean mood, she likes to test people's alleged loyalty without promising anything in return.
She hates to spend money needlessly the most, followed suit by drawing attention to herself. On the other hand, if she is confronted with an injustice which she could put an end to, she'll reluctantly use whatever lies within her powers to help.
Once she commits herself to something, be it an activity, relationship or book, she'll stick to it, no matter what the outcome may be.

Bio - Yuu was born in Amsterdam, to a middleclass family of Chinese immigrants. Her parents owned a successful jewellery store and she spend a normal, happy youth together with her elder brother Bohai, her younger twin sister Mei Lin and her loving parents Fuhua and Changchang Xiè. That is, until a few weeks after her eighth birthday, when she was kidnapped by a superhuman who believed her parents would be willing to pay a pretty ransom for their precious daughter. During this incident she discovered her powers by permanently robbing her assailant from his powers, allowing her to escape. Up to this day, she isn't sure how she managed to completely take his powers from him and she has never again been able to take anyone's powers away entirely.

After the incident, her parents decided to keep her powers a secret, something that wasn't that hard since her powers weren't exactly eye-catching and they hadn't yet contacted the police about the kidnapping. However, Yuu was dying to learn more about her powers and whenever she heard about superhumans appearing in public, Yuu would try to get involved in the matter to test and practice her powers. After several of these incidents over the course of the next three years (in five of which Yuu ended up with injuries of varying seriousness), her parents send her to New York to live with relatives in the hope that Yuu would get over it in a new environment or that there would be someone there with the ability to guide her.

In NYC, Yuu spent the rest of her youth in a relatively normal fashion. She was happily surprised by the liveliness of the enormous city and after her aunt and uncle's strictly forbade her to seek contact with superhumans, she spend most of her free time practicing Wushu, dancing or exploring the city. She spent all of her frustration of being unable to use or practice her powers on her training on Wushu, in which she found an inner calmness (which) she only has when practicing) and a way of defending herself without relying on her powers.

After finishing High School with flying colours, Yuu enrolled in university in the law department because her parents wished her to do so. Since they paid most of the expenses, Yuu found herself unable to say no, despite finding law utterly uninteresting and wishing to study history or philosophy instead. These days, Yuu still lives with her elderly aunt who she looks after while trying to keep a low profile. But with the recent emergence of two major organisations ran by superhumans, it will be only be a matter of time before Yuu has to bid her uninvolved life farewell.

Well then, it seems like she will be pressured into joining the Collective or I'll have to make some major changes if that's the case x'D

Edit: Also, let me know if the text colour is unreadable... I can't seem to find one that pleases everyone.

Last edited:
Character name -Yuu Xiè
Alias - N/A
Faction - Independent, for now.
Gender - Female
Age - 22
Birthplace - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Occupation - Waitress in an acquaintance's Chinese restaurant, Master student of Law
Appearance - With her symmetrical facial features, deep brown eyes that speak of a gentle nature and her self-confident smirks, many would consider Yuu to be rather attractive. Unfortunately for them, her body isn't half as feminine as her face and her eyes are apparently misleading. Due to her weekly Wushu- and dance training, Yuu is quite muscularly and she is far from gentle towards any but her friends and family. Moreover, she lacks any real bust, hips or fat in general. The unchanging messy state of her jaw-length, black hair and her unwillingness to wear makeup are Yuu's conscious attempts to be respected and treated as a human being rather than a woman.

View attachment 55840

Height - 165 cm, 5'4"
Weight - 54 kg, 119 lbs
Apparel - Yuu cares little about her appearance and so she'll (almost) always choose comfort over attractiveness. Moreover, due to her relatively humble background, she simply doesn't have the money to dress up fancily. As a result, she tends to wear hoodies, t-shirts, jeans and cheap sneakers. It is only at work that she'll take the time to put some effort into her appearance, meaning that she'll wear some makeup, tame her hair and ensure that het appearance suits her uniform.
Weaponry - Yuu owns Dao twin swords and she's quite skilled at using them. However, she only uses them for her Wushu practice and won't usually carry them around unless she's on her way to training. Ever since her kidnapping, she does keep the small dagger her father gave her within reach. Just in case.
Tora's_dao_swords.jpg
Equipment - N/A

Powers - Nullification, or in other words, Yuu has the power to temporarily cancel any Superhuman's powers by touching him or her. As simple and useful as it sounds, this power has severe limitations, especially since Yuu hasn't really gotten a chance to practice her powers and thus isn't able to control it yet. An easy summary of how her powers work, would be that the physical contact with her target is what will trigger the effect and her and the target's mental state is what will decide how long the effect will last. (Since nobody has ever researched her powers and Yuu isn't interested in finding out, it is unknown how exactly they work.)

Limitations - There are several limitations to her power which I've organised in three groups for the sake of clarity:

Triggering: There are several conditions that have to be abided for her powers to work. The most important and basic of these is that she has to touch the other super directly (meaning skin to skin, touching their gloves, masks or clothes won't work). Touching any part of their skin will do the trick, but Yuu has found that touching another super's forehead has the longest lasting effect. She has to trigger her powers at will and they tend to work best through her hands, though using her knees or feet has proven to be effective as well.

Lasting: How longn the effect of her powers will last differs and since Yuu has no full control as of yet, the time can be surprisingly short or random. They other's powers will be guaranteed to be nullified as long as Yuu maintains direct contact and stays focused. The lasting time varies between 1-30 minutes from the moment she lets go. This time span depends on several variables:
- Yuu's willpower and her focus; if she keeps focused on her target without much distraction, the effect will last longer (which is very hard to do when trying to get away).
- The target's willpower and focus; the more focused/emotionally stable and bent on regaining his/her powers, the sooner the effect will fade.
- With which body part Yuu triggered the effect; as mentioned before, hands work best.
- Their shared emotional bond; If Yuu nullifies the powers of a superhuman she has befriended or knows a lot about, the effect will last hours (but since she has never befriended any supers, she's unaware of this)

Major flaws: The most major of all limitations of her abilities, is that Yuu's powers only work on fellow superhumans. Against sorcerers, mecha, and normal humans with guns, her only superpower is to run away as fast as she can. Another very important weakness is that she is won't easily recover from injuries and she's rather fragile when compared to most superhumans. Therefore she will need backup if she might ever decide to attack a super.

Skills - Wushu: Due to Yuu being a wushu practitioner since the age of six, she's quite agile, flexible and has a lot of endurance and quick reflexes (skills that are only enhanced by her training as a dancer). Due to these regular exercises, she's stronger than average humans and won't be easily knocked off her feet. Still, she won't be able to recover from a bullet or a deep flesh wound without swift medical care.

Dancing: Yuu is quite skilled in several traditional Chinese dances, which she practices almost as regularly as her Wushu. Due to this and her wushu skills, Yuu always moves in a somewhat elegant fashion.

Knowledge: She is quite interested in philosophical and historical topics, which she'll eagerly learn and talk about when given the chance. Besides this, she's multilingual due to her upbringing (Dutch, Mandarin and English). She has a love for reading and when she decides to follow her whims, she'll often end up reading a book in a tree or on top of a building.

Weaknesses - Whenever Yuu permits herself to not put her family first for once, she'll act on impulses, which often results in the strangest situations. As mentioned before, there are severe limitations to her power, which she moreover isn't able to practice freely (since she needs other supers around to be able to activate it). Perhaps her biggest weakness is that despite wishing to break free from their social pressure, Yuu holds her family extremely dear. Due to this, they could easily be used to manipulate her. On a final note, she harbours a deep hatred and fear towards guns and if someone threatens her with one, she'll either snap and attack them or quietly obey (unfortunately for her, there are a lot of guns in 'Murica).

Morality - Torn between Lawful neutral (when practicing wushu or concerning her family) and Chaotic neutral (when she is free) while leaning towards good

Personality - Yuu is a free spirit, acting as she sees fit without caring much for the results her actions may have... The exception to this rule is when her family is involved in the matter, since the importance of putting family first has been drilled into her since the day she was born. She is constantly searching for ways to be independent without hurting or disappointing her family.
Yuu is quite charismatic, self-confident and has an easygoing nature. As a result, she easily makes friends if she wishes to do so. Her cynical nature and inability to easily trust others is what's holding her back from doing so. If she's in a particularly mean mood, she likes to test people's alleged loyalty without promising anything in return.
She hates to spend money needlessly the most, followed suit by drawing attention to herself. On the other hand, if she is confronted with an injustice which she could put an end to, she'll reluctantly use whatever lies within her powers to help.
Once she commits herself to something, be it an activity, relationship or book, she'll stick to it, no matter what the outcome may be.

Bio - Yuu was born in Amsterdam, to a middleclass family of Chinese immigrants. Her parents owned a successful jewellery store and she spend a normal, happy youth together with her elder brother Bohai, her younger twin sister Mei Lin and her loving parents Fuhua and Changchang Xiè. That is, until a few weeks after her eighth birthday, when she was kidnapped by a superhuman who believed her parents would be willing to pay a pretty ransom for their precious daughter. During this incident she discovered her powers by permanently robbing her assailant from his powers, allowing her to escape. Up to this day, she isn't sure how she managed to completely take his powers from him and she has never again been able to take anyone's powers away entirely.

After the incident, her parents decided to keep her powers a secret, something that wasn't that hard since her powers weren't exactly eye-catching and they hadn't yet contacted the police about the kidnapping. However, Yuu was dying to learn more about her powers and whenever she heard about superhumans appearing in public, Yuu would try to get involved in the matter to test and practice her powers. After several of these incidents over the course of the next three years (in five of which Yuu ended up with injuries of varying seriousness), her parents send her to New York to live with relatives in the hope that Yuu would get over it in a new environment or that there would be someone there with the ability to guide her.

In NYC, Yuu spent the rest of her youth in a relatively normal fashion. She was happily surprised by the liveliness of the enormous city and after her aunt and uncle's strictly forbade her to seek contact with superhumans, she spend most of her free time practicing Wushu, dancing or exploring the city. She spent all of her frustration of being unable to use or practice her powers on her training on Wushu, in which she found an inner calmness (which) she only has when practicing) and a way of defending herself without relying on her powers.

After finishing High School with flying colours, Yuu enrolled in university in the law department because her parents wished her to do so. Since they paid most of the expenses, Yuu found herself unable to say no, despite finding law utterly uninteresting and wishing to study history or philosophy instead. These days, Yuu still lives with her elderly aunt who she looks after while trying to keep a low profile. But with the recent emergence of two major organisations ran by superhumans, it will be only be a matter of time before Yuu has to bid her uninvolved life farewell.

Well then, it seems like she will be pressured into joining the Collective or I'll have to make some major changes if that's the case x'D
Accepted

And you don't have to join the Collective, you can stay independent if you really want to.

Accepted

And you don't have to join the Collective, you can stay independent if you really want to.
Well, it would be interesting to see how things will turn out if the Collective decides to pressure her into joining them (I'm not sure if that's their style though), but I won't mind letting her be independant for now!

And thanks for the acceptance ^_^

Can I say that there was a hero with healing powers at the compound so Sofia won't be incapacitated for that long? But she wouldn't be healed all the way though, just so she can walk but she wouldn't be able to do that much

@FrenziedAce
Also, I noticed on the first page you listed Wild/Sofia as a recruit, but she's been at the Syndicate compound since she was nine...

Can I say that there was a hero with healing powers at the compound so Sofia won't be incapacitated for that long? But she wouldn't be healed all the way though, just so she can walk but she wouldn't be able to do that much

@FrenziedAce
Also, I noticed on the first page you listed Wild/Sofia as a recruit, but she's been at the Syndicate compound since she was nine...
Yeah sure, or have one of the many doctors in the infirmary heal her.

The Syndicate is only 5 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks! :3

@Azathoth @FrenziedAce

Oh shit, I guess so then.

My CSs was create quite a bit ago and no one ever pointed that out. So I guess I need to change that. Wish someone would have said something though...

Here's the CS for mew character, hope it fits better than my last one.

Character name -Damien Rhodes
Alias - Umbra and Insomnium
Faction - Independent
Gender - Male
Age - 25
Birthplace -Caifornia, San Jose
Occupation - Full-time Hero/Part-time Mercenary
Appearance -
lucas.jpg

Height - Usually 6'1
Weight - 170 pounds
Apparel - This is how he usually looks during missions, except it's black and red.
This is how Insomnium's armor looks
Outside of missions, he usually wears a jacket, like the one shown, and some regular jeans and combat boots.
Weaponry - Shadow constructs, Lightning Constructs, Shadow-Lightning Constructs
Equipment - N/A
Powers - He has an ability known as Divided Mind, in which ones mind can become more when placed in a stressful environment. This ability affects his other abilities by changing the ways the powers work, or changing the strength of each power. Damian bears a rather strong Electrokinesis ability, able to use it directly or in a variety of ways, but his Umbrakinesis suffers for it, as his shadow constructs are noticeably weaker. He has a slightly above average toughness, and a very high healing factor as well. Insomnium is the opposite with weak Electrokinesis, and very powerful Umbrakinesis. Insomnium's body becomes much more durable, but the healing factor is lessened by a lot.(Ex. Damien gets shot by a pistol, he'll heal up in a couple minutes. Insomnium gets shot by a pistol, it will leave a small bruise, and thats about it.)
Limitations - A light source is need for their shadow powers to work, as they need actual shadows to work with, and they must have an electrical charge flowing inside there body in order to generate more. Damien can't always surpress Insomnium, who can and will come out in the middle of battle to join a fight, and is much more able to restrain Damien.
Skills - He is excellent at hand to hand, as well as sword and gunplay. High pain tolerance, and has real-life combat experience.
Weaknesses - No light means no shadows, and the shadows available need to be of sufficient strength. needs a charge to jump start electrical energy generation. Insomnium is rather easily bated into a dangerous berserker rage then can be as dangerous to his allies as it is to him.
Morality - Neutral Good when Damien, Chaotic Neutral when Insomnium
Personality - Damian is rather relaxed outside of combat, if a shy around others and a bit of a wall flower, he likes to sit back and watch rather then step up. In combat, however, he bears no such hesitation, being very much a go to kind of guy, whose always thinking about what he can use to his advantage to win the fight. Insomnium, on the other hand, is anything but. He is very happy go lucky, liking to go with the flow and talk with people, even if they don't want to talk to him. In battle, he only cares about fighting, and will do whatever it takes to get a satisfying fight, even if it means sabotaging his sides efforts. He can even go into an uncontrollable rage if the fighting gets him excited enough, in which case their is no friend or foe, only enemies to be destroyed.
Bio - Damien was born into the world of mercenaries, with both his father and his mother being one. When his powers were discovered at the age of 8, he was immediately started on a path to become a soldier of fortune. He was happy, thinking of the whole experience, both the good and the bad of it, as an adventure. Then, he got captured on this one mission when he was around 17, and was tossed into a deep dark hole, where there was no light. He spent about 2 years in that darkness, unable to see anything, and only able to eat when he heard food get dropped from above. In that darkness, surrounded by nothing but a dark void, is where he found Insomnium, born from his fear and encroaching madness. He was birn in the shadows, and so they became his weapon. When his captors came to feed him, Insomnium escaped and completely destroyed the compound, located in the Sahara dessert, and traveled through it until he reached the border of Egypt, where his parents had an agent located. He was returned home, but was never quite the same, and he always seemed to be conversing with a voice in his head, though it didn't affect his combat abilites in anyway.

Presently, Damien is wondering around, trying to find something to do with his life. While being a mercenary was fun, he wants to do something more meaningful than just fight for a paycheck, which he'll still do if the cause is just and the pay is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the CS for mew character, hope it fits better than my last one.

Character name -Damien Rhodes
Alias - Umbra and Insomnium
Faction - The Syndicate
Gender - Male
Age - 25
Birthplace -Caifornia, San Jose
Occupation - Full-time Hero/Part-time Mercenary
Appearance -
lucas.jpg

Height - Usually 6'1
Weight - 170 pounds
Apparel - This is how he usually looks during missions, except it's black and red.
This is how Insomnium's armor looks
Outside of missions, he usually wears a jacket, like the one shown, and some regular jeans and combat boots.
Weaponry - Shadow constructs, Lightning Constructs, Shadow-Lightning Constructs
Equipment - N/A
Powers - He has an ability known as Divided Mind, in which ones mind can become more when placed in a stressful environment. This ability affects his other abilities by changing the ways the powers work, or changing the strength of each power. Damian bears a rather strong Electrokinesis ability, able to use it directly or in a variety of ways, but his Umbrakinesis suffers for it, as his shadow constructs are noticeably weaker. He has a slightly above average toughness, and a very high healing factor as well. Insomnium is the opposite with weak Electrokinesis, and very powerful Umbrakinesis. Insomnium's body becomes much more durable, but the healing factor is lessened by a lot.(Ex. Damien gets shot by a pistol, he'll heal up in a couple minutes. Insomnium gets shot by a pistol, it will leave a small bruise, and thats about it.)
Limitations - A light source is need for their shadow powers to work, as they need actual shadows to work with, and they must have an electrical charge flowing inside there body in order to generate more. Damien can't always surpress Insomnium, who can and will come out in the middle of battle to join a fight, and is much more able to restrain Damien.
Skills - He is excellent at hand to hand, as well as sword and gunplay. High pain tolerance, and has real-life combat experience.
Weaknesses - No light means no shadows, and the shadows available need to be of sufficient strength. needs a charge to jump start electrical energy generation. Insomnium is rather easily bated into a dangerous berserker rage then can be as dangerous to his allies as it is to him.
Morality - Neutral Good
Personality - Damian is rather relaxed outside of combat, if a shy around others and a bit of a wall flower, he likes to sit back and watch rather then step up. In combat, however, he bears no such hesitation, being very much a go to kind of guy, whose always thinking about what he can use to his advantage to win the fight. Insomnium, on the other hand, is anything but. He is very happy go lucky, liking to go with the flow and talk with people, even if they don't want to talk to him. In battle, he only cares about fighting, and will do whatever it takes to get a satisfying fight, even if it means sabotaging his sides efforts. He can even go into an uncontrollable rage if the fighting gets him excited enough, in which case their is no friend or foe, only enemies to be destroyed.
Bio - Damien was born into the world of mercenaries, with both his father and his mother being one. When his powers were discovered at the age of 8, he was immediately started on a path to become a soldier of fortune. He was happy, thinking of the whole experience, both the good and the bad of it, as an adventure. Then, he got captured on this one mission when he was around 17, and was tossed into a deep dark hole, where there was no light. He spent about 2 years in that darkness, unable to see anything, and only able to eat when he heard food get dropped from above. In that darkness, surrounded by nothing but a dark void, s where he found Insomnium, born from his fear and encroaching madness. He was birn in the shadows, and so they became his weapon. When his captors came to feed him, Insomnium escaped and completely destroyed the compound, located in the Sahara dessert, and traveled through it until he reached the border of Egypt, where his parents had an agent located. He was returned home, but was never quite the same, and he always seemed to be conversing with a voice in his head, though it didn't affect his combat abilites in anyway.

Presently, Damien seeks to join the Syndicate, as he feels like he should begin using his power for good, not just for personal gain. He has kept the existence of Insomnium a secret, as he doesn't like to acknowledge that side of himself and feared it might affect his acceptance in to Syndicate.
Change him from Syndicate to an independent or Collective, we have an overload of Syndicate members as it stands.

Change him from Syndicate to an independent or Collective, we have an overload of Syndicate members as it stands.
I'll make him independent and post as soon as I catch up to the story, or at least sometime tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.