A New Order [OOC] (Accepting characters!)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not sure if I did the getting smashed across the field correctly, gave him a concussion, a broken are or dislocated shoulder, and a few cuts and bruises; was that alright?

I was not sure if I did the getting smashed across the field correctly, gave him a concussion, a broken are or dislocated shoulder, and a few cuts and bruises; was that alright?
I'll tell you when I catch up on the IC, but I'm sure it was fine.

@Captain Wumbo, that was pretty good. Nothing wrong with it, just make sure he keeps those injuries in subsequent posts and get him some medical attention after this battle is over.

Reactions: Captain Wumbo
This seems like a really interesting plot! I'll have all the time in the world (for two weeks, sadly) starting tomorrow evening, so I'll catch up with the IC and try to come up with original powers in the meantime. That is, if you'll have me.

P.s. I had to dust off my title of "official stalker", Sparks, so here I am ^_^

This seems like a really interesting plot! I'll have all the time in the world (for two weeks, sadly) starting tomorrow evening, so I'll catch up with the IC and try to come up with original powers in the meantime. That is, if you'll have me.

P.s. I had to dust off my title of "official stalker", Sparks, so here I am ^_^
Well that was unexpected, I didn't think to invite you to anything other than Word Syndrome with your schedule. It'll be a pleasure.

Well that was unexpected, I didn't think to invite you to anything other than Word Syndrome with your schedule. It'll be a pleasure.
I hope things will calm down a bit starting next period, but I do appreciate the thought ^_^ I wasn't exactly planning on taking on another roleplay, but this one seemed too interesting to ignore *cough*afterdoingsomestalking*cough*

Reactions: Azathoth
Here's the CS for my character, may I join this as I have been looking for a good super Hero RP

Character name -Damien Rhodes
Alias - Umbra and Insomnium
Faction - The Syndicate
Gender - Male
Age - 25
Birthplace -Caifornia, San Jose
Occupation - Full-time Hero/Part-time Mercenary
Appearance -
lucas.jpg

Height - Usually 6'1
Weight - 170 pounds
Apparel - This is how he usually looks during missions, except it's black and red.
This is how Insomnium's armor looks
Outside of missions, he usually wears a jacket, like the one shown, and some regular jeans and combat boots.
Weaponry - Shadow constructs, Lightning Constructs, Shadow-Lightning Constructs
Equipment - N/A
Powers - He has an ability known as Divided Mind, in which ones mind can become more when placed in a stressful environment. This ability affects his other abilities by changing the ways the powers work, or changing the strength of each power. Damian bears a rather strong Electrokinesis ability, able to use it directly or in a variety of ways, but his Umbrakinesis suffers for it, as his shadow constructs are noticeably weaker. He has a slightly above average toughness, and a very high healing factor as well. Insomnium is the opposite with weak Electrokinesis, and very powerful Umbrakinesis. Insomnium's body becomes much more durable, but the healing factor is lessened by a lot.(Ex. Damien gets shot by a pistol, he'll heal up in a couple minutes. Insomnium gets shot by a pistol, it will leave a small bruise, and thats about it.)
Limitations - A light source is need for their shadow powers to work, as they need actual shadows to work with, and they must have an electrical charge flowing inside there body in order to generate more. Damien can't always surpress Insomnium, who can and will come out in the middle of battle to join a fight, and is much more able to restrain Damien.
Skills - He is excellent at hand to hand, as well as sword and gunplay. High pain tolerance, and has real-life combat experience.
Weaknesses - No light means no shadows, and the shadows available need to be of sufficient strength. needs a charge to jump start electrical energy generation. Insomnium is rather easily bated into a dangerous berserker rage then can be as dangerous to his allies as it is to him.
Morality - Neutral Good
Personality - Damian is rather relaxed outside of combat, if a shy around others and a bit of a wall flower, he likes to sit back and watch rather then step up. In combat, however, he bears no such hesitation, being very much a go to kind of guy, whose always thinking about what he can use to his advantage to win the fight. Insomnium, on the other hand, is anything but. He is very happy go lucky, liking to go with the flow and talk with people, even if they don't want to talk to him. In battle, he only cares about fighting, and will do whatever it takes to get a satisfying fight, even if it means sabotaging his sides efforts. He can even go into an uncontrollable rage if the fighting gets him excited enough, in which case their is no friend or foe, only enemies to be destroyed.
Bio - Damien was born into the world of mercenaries, with both his father and his mother being one. When his powers were discovered at the age of 8, he was immediately started on a path to become a soldier of fortune. He was happy, thinking of the whole experience, both the good and the bad of it, as an adventure. Then, he got captured on this one mission when he was around 17, and was tossed into a deep dark hole, where there was no light. He spent about 2 years in that darkness, unable to see anything, and only able to eat when he heard food get dropped from above. In that darkness, surrounded by nothing but a dark void, s where he found Insomnium, born from his fear and encroaching madness. He was birn in the shadows, and so they became his weapon. When his captors came to feed him, Insomnium escaped and completely destroyed the compound, located in the Sahara dessert, and traveled through it until he reached the border of Egypt, where his parents had an agent located. He was returned home, but was never quite the same, and he always seemed to be conversing with a voice in his head, though it didn't affect his combat abilites in anyway.

Presently, Damien seeks to join the Syndicate, as he feels like he should begin using his power for good, not just for personal gain. He has kept the existence of Insomnium a secret, as he doesn't like to acknowledge that side of himself and feared it might affect his acceptance in to Syndicate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice postings everyone with the Mech. The creativity in this RP is incredible. Glad to be a part of it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Here's the CS for my character, may I join this as I have been looking for a good super Hero RP

Character name -Jaden Mcfadden
Alias - Shifter or Aphosis, depends on his mood
Faction - Collective
Gender - Variable, but preffers to be Male
Age - 21
Occupation - Full time villian
Appearance -
Guy_blonde_250h.jpg

This is his default form, but he can change it at will.
Height - Usually 6'1
Weight -Varies between minimum of 165 to a maximum of around 1 to 2 tons, though he will rarely, if ever, ever consume enough organic material to get that heavy
Apparel - He usually wears what looks like a mono tone T-shirt and some jeans, maybe a jacket, but is actually made from his Biomaterial.
Weaponry - Flesh Tendrils, Bone Claws, blades, and teeth that are as hard as steels, and can hold an edge like it.
Equipment - None
Powers - He possesses the power of Biokinesis, specifically Self Body Manipulation. He can freely take any form he can imagine, as long as he has enough Biomass to turn into that thing. He absorbs organic material, most easily that of animals and humans, and uses it as his weapons, armor, even self-aware creatures. He can also just consume things, making his body denser, heavier, stronger, and more durable. He can also access the memories of people he consumes, making him good at infiltration of almost any base. He can even divide himself (smallest he can divide into being the size of a squirrel), and reform later. This gives him a hive mind mentality, with one creature as the head that directs the others, seeing and hearing everything through their eyes. He can also detect other supers, so he knows not to try and consume them. He can also regenerate himself rather well, only way to ensure his death is to crush his head flat.
Limitations - He can't consume people with super powers, as it's like poison to his veins if he even ingests a drop of their blood. Trying to eat one would more than likely leave him very ill, and highly useless. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. When he splits up, he has to have enough of the original biomass available do equal his minumum weight, otherwise he can't reform. When split into pieces, only the main consciousness can absorb more bio material, and even then he can't absorb a lot. Also when he becomes something large, if he doesn't have sufficient biomass, it will be a lot easier to kill him like that, thus he preferes to stay around humanoid in size and shape.
Skills - He has good hand to hand, very good at infiltration and has become a master of impersonation. An excellent tracker. He is very strong, super humanly so when he has a lot of density.
Weaknesses -He can only consume so much matter, and it can be hard to get. He can't absorb organic matter if it isn't fresh, nor if it has been preserved for a long period of time. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. When he has less biomaterial, he becomes a lot slower and less agile, and his reflexes aren't nearly as good. When he's at base minimum, he's durability is at base human, but he becomes a lot faster and agile, bearing super human reflexes.
Morality - Chaotic Evil, he lives for the kill and nothing else
Personality - He cares not for anyone or anything other than himself, and feeding his hunger when ever it takes him. He is willing to work with others, but they should always watch their back so they don't end up getting skewered. Unempowered are food to him, and those with powers are annoyances that he can't eat.
Bio - Jaden discovered his power at the age of 5, when he accidentally consumed his neighbor's cat. He was scared out of his mind, and went over to his parent for help, but they backed away from him, terrified. Seeing this, he ran away, somewhere into a nearby forest. With his power, he hardly needed to eat, and he slowly but surely gained control of his powers, in hopes of one day returning to his parents. And eventually he did at the age of 10, he discovered them with another boy, an adopted one. And when he came to ask them why he had been replaced, his father slapped him away, telling Jason he was a monster. His mother backed away from him, holding the other boy in her arms and staring at him in fear and terror. Jaden stared at his parents, then his replacement, his hope and sadness slowly becoming despair and rage. In his rage he attacked, consuming them all. He's been on his own ever since, his experience giving him a hatred for most of humanity, so he began to kill them, at first only those he saw doing crimes and such. But as time went on, he became more desensitized to what he was doing, to the point where he no longer had any morals or motive. To him, people were livestock for him to slaughter and consume at his leisure. However, their is a small part of himself, buried deep down, that still wants to be human.
A very powerful character, nothing wrong with that as long as he is handled properly and has some flaws.

How did he end up getting recruited to the Collective? They'd avoid someone so uncontrollable and dangerous to even allies.

A very powerful character, nothing wrong with that as long as he is handled properly and has some flaws.

How did he end up getting recruited to the Collective? They'd avoid someone so uncontrollable and dangerous to even allies.
I made him Collective cause in the thing you said you didn't want to many independents(which this guy would normally be), so I decided to put him in the collective cause he's definitely a villain.

@Captain Wumbo
Just letting you know that Sofia/Wild is still in rhino form, so she wouldn't be able to take his hand. Plus I was planning to keep her in rhino form because she got shot thrice and if she reverted back to human form she would probably die. :O But thanks for including her anyway. ^^

Character name -Jaden Mcfadden
Alias - Shifter or Aphosis, depends on his mood
Faction - Collective
Gender - Variable, but preffers to be Male
Age - 21
Occupation - Full time villian
Appearance -
Guy_blonde_250h.jpg

This is his default form, but he can change it at will.
Height - Usually 6'1
Weight -Varies between minimum of 165 to a maximum of around 1 to 2 tons, though he will rarely, if ever, ever consume enough organic material to get that heavy
Apparel - He usually wears what looks like a mono tone T-shirt and some jeans, maybe a jacket, but is actually made from his Biomaterial.
Weaponry - Flesh Tendrils, Bone Claws, blades, and teeth that are as hard as steels, and can hold an edge like it.
Equipment - None
Powers - He possesses the power of Biokinesis, specifically Self Body Manipulation. He can freely take any form he can imagine, as long as he has enough Biomass to turn into that thing. He absorbs organic material, most easily that of animals and humans, and uses it as his weapons, armor, even self-aware creatures. He can also just consume things, making his body denser, heavier, stronger, and more durable. He can also access the memories of people he consumes, making him good at infiltration of almost any base. He can even divide himself (smallest he can divide into being the size of a squirrel), and reform later. This gives him a hive mind mentality, with one creature as the head that directs the others, seeing and hearing everything through their eyes. He can also detect other supers, so he knows not to try and consume them. He can also regenerate himself rather well, only way to ensure his death is to crush his head flat.
Limitations - He can't consume people with super powers, as it's like poison to his veins if he even ingests a drop of their blood. Trying to eat one would more than likely leave him very ill, and highly useless. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. When he splits up, he has to have enough of the original biomass available do equal his minumum weight, otherwise he can't reform. When split into pieces, only the main consciousness can absorb more bio material, and even then he can't absorb a lot. Also when he becomes something large, if he doesn't have sufficient biomass, it will be a lot easier to kill him like that, thus he preferes to stay around humanoid in size and shape.
Skills - He has good hand to hand, very good at infiltration and has become a master of impersonation. An excellent tracker. He is very strong, super humanly so when he has a lot of density.
Weaknesses -He can only consume so much matter, and it can be hard to get. He can't absorb organic matter if it isn't fresh, nor if it has been preserved for a long period of time. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. When he has less biomaterial, he becomes a lot slower and less agile, and his reflexes aren't nearly as good. When he's at base minimum, he's durability is at base human, but he becomes a lot faster and agile, bearing super human reflexes.
Morality - Chaotic Evil, he lives for the kill and nothing else
Personality - He cares not for anyone or anything other than himself, and feeding his hunger when ever it takes him. He is willing to work with others, but they should always watch their back so they don't end up getting skewered. Unempowered are food to him, and those with powers are annoyances that he can't eat.
Bio - Jaden discovered his power at the age of 5, when he accidentally consumed his neighbor's cat. He was scared out of his mind, and went over to his parent for help, but they backed away from him, terrified. Seeing this, he ran away, somewhere into a nearby forest. With his power, he hardly needed to eat, and he slowly but surely gained control of his powers, in hopes of one day returning to his parents. And eventually he did at the age of 10, he discovered them with another boy, an adopted one. And when he came to ask them why he had been replaced, his father slapped him away, telling Jason he was a monster. His mother backed away from him, holding the other boy in her arms and staring at him in fear and terror. Jaden stared at his parents, then his replacement, his hope and sadness slowly becoming despair and rage. In his rage he attacked, consuming them all. He's been on his own ever since, his experience giving him a hatred for most of humanity, so he began to kill them, at first only those he saw doing crimes and such. But as time went on, he became more desensitized to what he was doing, to the point where he no longer had any morals or motive. To him, people were livestock for him to slaughter and consume at his leisure. However, their is a small part of himself, buried deep down, that still wants to be human.
How do you envision yourself using this character? What are your plans for him, and how do you intend for him to react with other characters and the world around him?

While he has sufficient limitations on his powers, he seems designed without regards to interaction or interdependence which are the vehicles through which RPs progress. If you look at the other independent characters, you'll notice that they both have a high probability of interacting with others because they were designed to, whereas your character seems to exist within a group primarily because of a perceived limitation on the number of independents allowed.

@Captain Wumbo
Just letting you know that Sofia/Wild is still in rhino form, so she wouldn't be able to take his hand. Plus I was planning to keep her in rhino form because she got shot thrice and if she reverted back to human form she would probably die. :O But thanks for including her anyway. ^^
My bad I'll change that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
How do you envision yourself using this character? What are your plans for him, and how do you intend for him to react with other characters and the world around him?

While he has sufficient limitations on his powers, he seems designed without regards to interaction or interdependence which are the vehicles through which RPs progress. If you look at the other independent characters, you'll notice that they both have a high probability of interacting with others because they were designed to, whereas your character seems to exist within a group primarily because of a perceived limitation on the number of independents allowed.
I see him as one who lives for himself, likes to cause Chaos, and will interact with those that hold his interest. He is actually very social with other powered individuals, whether they be good or evil, he just shouldn't be trusted as if it is likely to benefit him he will stab you in the back. Otherwise, he's a very laid back, if sociopathic, individual. He also bears an interest in any powered individual, due to the fact that he can't devour them. He has always wondered about that fact, and thus, is fascinated by others with powers as well. Also, if their is a fight going on, he will likely add to the Chaos by attacking whoever seems to be stronger, as he likes to prove that he's the strongest of all of those around him. I hope this provides a sufficient explanation as to how I will have him act.

I see him as one who lives for himself, likes to cause Chaos, and will interact with those that hold his interest. He is actually very social with other powered individuals, whether they be good or evil, he just shouldn't be trusted as if it is likely to benefit him he will stab you in the back. Otherwise, he's a very laid back, if sociopathic, individual. He also bears an interest in any powered individual, due to the fact that he can't devour them. He has always wondered about that fact, and thus, is fascinated by others with powers as well. Also, if their is a fight going on, he will likely add to the Chaos by attacking whoever seems to be stronger, as he likes to prove that he's the strongest of all of those around him. I hope this provides a sufficient explanation as to how I will have him act.
You see, that directly contradicts your characters provided personality. You said he views everyone as prey, and other supers are just irritants.

You see, that directly contradicts your characters provided personality. You said he views everyone as prey, and other supers are just irritants.
So I did, I will switch it for the new then.

Status
Not open for further replies.