A new journey

"I suggest you hold your tongue HUMAN. I never said I work under him and don't you DARE speak of morywins grandfather like this. He wouldn't hurt a FLY not a damn fly let alone do this and as of you idiotic theory I wouldn't be so cowardly as to kill anyone in their sleep. In fact I could kill you right NOW if I wanted to."
((Tell me if I'm being too hostile))

I went ahead and made you guys an OOC thread; please keep Out of Character questions and chatter there from now on <3

Ash turned to Morywin
"Where did you find him anyway."

You will not touch a hair on my grandfather, he is mine alone to deal with, if you must punish someone, then punish me." Morywin said to Garaeth before she snapped her head in Ash's direction while she frowned deeply."I don't know what image you may posses of my grandfather but he was the one who did this, without hesitation." Morywin snarled. "Human or not, this man deserves your respect and if you are to stay at my side during this journey, then you better learn to hold your tongue from such comments. I will not tolerate such words. And if you threaten him again, you will see your tongue removed." She then added with a stern voice. For someone who had spent their life hearing that humans were in fact their enemies and nothing but evil, she sure was defending them a lot!

Ophelia hugged Darby tightly around the neck as she was picked up and Altherus growled at Ash, his ears were leaned back and his fangs were bared, the dire wolf did not trust him. It appeared as if the little girl was terrified of the new stranger, as the second thing she did after being picked up was to hide her face in Darby's shoulder while she sobbed low.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fine but he must EARN my respect." Ash turned to Ophelia "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry I apologize."

Ash turned to Darby "I apologize. Forgive me."

Morywin was about to comment but she decided to silent herself, forest elves did not have any nobles but if one were to compare them to humans, Morywin would almost count as royalty as she was the granddaughter to an elder and the elders were the ones who ruled in the forest of Lumbria. She then looked towards Ophelia before she looked away. "I will step outside for a moment so I can gather my thoughts..." She said with a voice that tried to disguise the sadness and pain she felt, but her voice failed her. She turned around and then made her way outside.

Ash followed her outside.
"I understand you dislike your grandfather but he only does what he does because he doesn't want to lose you too."

"He took the life of an innocent person, I don't dislike him, I despise him!" Morywin snarled. "The only reason he doesn't want to lose me is because he wants me to take his place as an elder once his time of passing has come." She then said with a small snort. "Since my mother isn't alive to take his place in the elder council, I'm the only one left of choice, at least when it comes to blood related options." Morywin said as she looked at Ash and she then looked in the direction of where Darby was before she turned away her head. "But I don't want that. I don't want a life trapped inside of Lumbria for the rest of my life... I want to travel and see the world and no matter what happens, I will never abandon my friends." She placed her hand over her necklace as she looked down on the ground. "And I want to protect the girl. She reminds me of someone that was close to me many years ago." She mumbled low.

"You don't know...?" Morywin asked, appearing rather surprised. "She, along with my father, were killed in the great war, three hundred years ago, by humans that they were trying to aid. It was after that that the elders decided the humans were our enemies and that they are only greedy and evil creatures, it was also then that they put up the barrier that is hiding Lumbria so not just anyone can enter our city." Morywin said and she lowered her gaze slightly while she let out a heavy sigh.

"When will it end. When both our races are dead?"

Darby leaned away from Ash as if he were an unwanted plague so he could protect the sobbing Ophelia. Even if he did apologized to them, there was no excuse in making a child cry. Seeing how Morywin's got everything handled for now, he walked to Garaeth closer to excuse himself. "I'm going downstairs to comfort the kid," he told the half-elf. "It's also probably past her bedtime and she's had a long day." Darby stroke little Ophelia's back as she clung around his neck, and whispered a few soothing words.

Ophelia sobbed low while she hugged Darby tightly around the neck and she let out a small yawn. She turned her head so that her cheek was resting on his shoulder. "Morywin was crying..." She whimpered low. "Do you think it could be because of the Illyria person that the woman mentioned?" She asked curiously as she looked up at Darby, her cheek still resting on his shoulder.

"If you'll excuse me, I need some time alone to think." Morywin said gently to Ash as she inclined her head in a polite and apologetic manner before she left for the garden in Garaeth's mansion and as Altherus came up to her side, she brushed her hand over his head in a gentle manner.

Ash just sit there lost in thoght. I hope richter is okay.
Richter was a half elf his heart was pure but his actions were flawed. Richter had been his mentor ever since he was a child and was like a father to Ash. Not wanting to trouble them further Ash walked to a dark warhorse nearby and set up his tent for the night

In the meantime, Garaeth had made his way to the garden even before Morywin appeared there. It was difficult to read him now, as he sat by a pond in the middle of the garden, staring out into the water where his eyes met his own reflection. ''Have you come to find peace?'' His voice raised as he noticed Morywin's approaching presence, but he never once looked towards her. Instead, he appeared to ponder, which he did, as he considered all that had happened and all the people that now were at his home. ''Do not mind my presence. I will not disturb you, but know that there is peace here. It is the one place in this entire mansion that truly is peaceful... and I will never have it otherwise.'' It was true as he said. For Morywin to be able to even enter she would have to walk past a gate, and even then there was a pathway which lead to the main section of the garden, where the pond were. Behind him as well was a tree, but this one was different from all the usual green-leaved trees. Instead, this tree had a ghastly pale bark, and the leaves appeared almost dead in their shaded colour, but it was clear - especially to a forest elf - that this tree was fully alive, and not only that, it had a history running down to the deepest roots. It would even have a sense of familiarity.

Morywin glanced at Garaeth as he spoke. "How can you be so calm?" Morywin asked, she was on the brink of crying, her eyes were tearfilled and her expression was grim, so many lives had been lost today, all because of her, that was how she felt at least. First the people of Evenloch and now the maid. She looked towards the tree and raised an eyebrow as she approached it. She unfolded her arms and placed her right hand against the bark while she looked up at the crown of the tree. "You are part Aves'anar, a forest elf?" She asked as she looked towards Garaeth, having instantly recognized the tree as that kind could only grow and flourish in Lumbria or in the home and presence of a forest elf.

Last edited by a moderator:
''You are correct. I am. My mother, one of your kin.'' He stated as he raised his head, this time his eyes fell upon Morywin and then the tree she stood by. ''This tree is here because of her. It was her... treasure from home.'' He added before he turned back his head to look at his reflection in the water. ''How can I remain so calm? I do not know. It must be as I were taught to never draw my blade without reason. To never let anger consume me.''

"But what if anger was all you had left. Your only friend to keep you alive what if without your anger you were nothing?" Asked Ash as he walked up behind them he had a pitiful tone as if confessing his own sins and not trying to convince another to partake in them. He sat dawn by Morywin staring at Gaereth "what would you do?"

''I will only say this once.'' Garaeth stated. His voice now possessed the same authority he had shown before, only this time there was an unforgiving tone to it. And why should there not be? Not only had this stranger, Ash, entered his home without permission, but now as well had entered the garden that his mother had tended to when she were still at the mansion. To him, entering without permission was a transgression. And this one he was not as certain that he could forgive. ''Leave this place. You are not welcome here. I have tolerated your presence at my home, but I will NOT tolerate it here.''