A new journey

''Danger? Yes, perhaps. Yet do you pose any less danger by coming here, threatening those she cares about?'' His voice appeared to echo even before Garaeth made an entrance into bathing room. His expression had returned to its strict display as he had shown a couple of hours prior, his voice equally stern. His eyes appeared to almost gleam in their blood red colour as he stared at the maid, appearing just as aware that she was controlled as Morywin did. ''I cannot forgive that, and I especially cannot forgive that you have ended the life of one in my house.'' He added as his hand went to the sheathed blade at his waist.

Morywin raised her hand slightly as she glanced over her shoulder when Garaeth's hand went down to the blade on his hip, as a sign for him not to draw his weapon, before she glared back at the maid. "The blood that was shed here today was not blood of innocence or blood to be mourned." The maid said. "For each human that falls, there is less greed and evil in the world." Morywin clenched her hand into a fist while she gritted her teeth. "The only greed and evil that has been here now is you!" She suddenly shouted. "You killed a girl and for what?! To set an example to try and frighten me to come back home!"
"Have you forgotten what their kind did to your parents, child?!" The maid said as she raised her voice. "No... I have not forgotten, but that was three hundred years ago and not all humans are greedy and evil creatures! Not all of them care for themselves! There are humans out there that care for more then just what is theirs." Morywin hissed and then crouched down. She glared at the maid as she saw that she was preparing to attack Ophelia and just as she charged forward, Morywin made a leap and drew her blades at the same time, tackling the maid to the ground before she knelt over her with her blades in a cross over her throat to keep her pinned down. "I warned you not to harm the child." Morywin snarled as she bared her teeth, there was no doubt that she was furious. Her otherwise calm and gentle amethyst eyes now displayed the rage of a starved feline that had just catched her pray and was prepared to feast, her pupils even had a feline shape to them as she glared down at the maid. Altherus kept standing on his spot in front of Ophelia, protecting her with his body as he growled and snarled at the maid. "Do you really want to repeat the incident of what happened to Illyria?" The maid asked, at which Morywin completely snapped and she brought the blades closer to the maid's throat. "Seize your tongue or see it removed faster then you can utter a spell." Morywin said while she frowned deeply in rage, yet there was a hint of sadness in her eyes as she heard the name of her dead daughter.

There was a knock on the door. Morywin lifted her eyes in surprise. The door opened and a tall man with pure dark armor stood on the door way. They couldn't see his face since it was behind a dark helmet which resembled a bison head. He stood in amazement at the seen in front of him. Morywin I'm Ash when you are finished please step outside I want to speak to you

(( I understand thanks and btw the begiining was really good . I love elves and just wanted to jump in from the start))
Ash then proceeded to walk outside closing the door behind him.

(( I was thinking that he could be a mercenary type wood elf sent by morywins father to bring her home who eventually decides to become her bodyguard giving it a sort of climax between morwin and her father))

[[Would have to be her grandfather as her father is dead, but sure! :D That sounds like a really good idea! ^^]]

Morywin was about to say something else when she heard someone utter her name and she turned her head, her pupils regained their normal look instead of the feline one and she looked in Ash's direction. She perched an eyebrow as she peered at him. "Do I... know you?" She asked hesitantly and the maid that was possessed fell unconscious on the floor as she was freed from the control that was over her body. She then looked towards the maid for a moment while frowning deeply before she walked outside. "Who are you and why do you know my name...?" Morywin asked as she looked at Ash once they were outside.

Garaeth, not appearing to trust at all the sudden appearance of an unfamiliar male, especially considering the recent mind-control of the maid. However, the maid was in his household, and Morywin was not. He stepped closer to the maid, now released from control, and crouched down by her. He appeared thoughtful as he examined the maid's condition before his head turned towards the door. ''Hmmm.''

"I'm Ash I was sent here by you grandfather to bring you home." Ash tried to grab morywins arm

Morywin quickly recoiled before her arm was able to be grabbed and she frowned deeply. "I am not going back to Lumbria." She hissed as she looked at Ash. "So you can return to my grandfather and tell him that no matter what he sends my way, I will not go back."

The maid laid unconscious on the floor, her face pale as if someone had drained all of her energy, yet she was still breathing and appeared physically unharmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I can't do that he was very explicit to return only when I have you with me and by the looks of what happened you don't have time to stand and argue."

"I am not returning to Lumbria and that is the end of it. I refuse to return to my grandfather when he's become so blinded over something that happened over three hundred years ago, that he almost killed an innocent child. Human or not, what he was about to do was nothing but despicable." Morywin snarled as she looked at Ash. "I set out on a journey and I do not intend to return without completing that journey and I will not abandon my friends."

"Then I will accompany you on this so called journey. When it is over I WILL TAKE YOU BACK"

"We shall see." Morywin said while frowning slightly before she turned around and made her way back inside and she looked down at the unconscious maid, she folded her arms across her chest while she looked at the young maid and then towards Ophelia and Altherus. "It is alright now Altherus, she is unconscious and no longer controlled." She said, to which the dire wolf began to calm down and he then turned towards Ophelia to cuddle against her, his cheek brushing against the young girl's cheek while he let out a small whine.
"W...Why was she controlled?" Ophelia whimpered as she looked up at Morywin while cuddling Altherus. "It... is complicated, little one." Morywin said while she remained thoughtful. "Yet another companion on our journey, yet this one might prove troublesome if he really intends on taking me back to Lumbria..." She thought to herself.

Ash walked into the room looking down at the unconscious maid
"Who was she possessed by and for how long?" He asked

"By my grandfather. He wanted to set an example to what might happen to my friends if I do not return to Lumbria, he possessed this girl and then killed the one that is lying on the floor over there." Morywin said and pointed towards the corpse of the other maid. "But I made it perfectly clear to him that if he harms my friends, I will strike him down without hesitation." She then added as she looked towards Ash and then towards the maid before her gaze fell upon Ophelia again as the young girl had walked up to her and was now tugging on Morywin's cloak. "Who was Illyria that the maid spoke of?" She asked curiously and Morywin felt as if her heart stopped for a moment. "She... was someone who was very close to me." Morywin said gently while she tried to hide her pain.

By now, Garaeth had cloaked the murdered maid in white silk, disguising her recent end with the cloth. He stood up as both Morywin and Ash re-entered the room. His expression, while composed, did not disguise the clear anger in his eyes as he looked upon the both of them. For one, he did not trust this new stranger. Secondly, this had taken one step too far when one first entered his home - even if by mind control - and claimed a life, only to have a stranger arrive unannounced and arrogant in his approach. ''You know that I cannot forgive this, Morywin. I will have justice for this. Now, who is this stranger, and why does he dare to tread within my home without introduction?'' He stated, and by his tone demanding answer.

"Your grandfather really did this?" Ash asked staring at the corpse with an expression of disbelief

((Whoa so much happened. Hang on, I need to read all of this.))

Darby felt his masculinity swell at the sight of this new person, suddenly just dragging around Morywin. First, she scooped up Ophelia into his arms to carry her, then he wedged himself between Ash and Morywin. "Hey. Quit it," Darby hissed at him. "Leave her alone. Morywin here can do whatever she wants as she pleases." He glared into Ash's eyes, making sure that he wasn't the first to back down. Morywin was a lot like him than he thought. Both escaped their homes, and now both were trying to get them back against their will. "I guess that's why she left in the first place," His eyes narrowed. "Because of clingy people like you."

"Not to mention that you failed to give your respects to the man of the house." He added, pointing at Garaeth with his thumb.

"Your right." Replied Ash giving Darby a stare of such intense dislike it would shatter almost any mans courage
Turning towards daereth he said"He's right may I stare the night here?"

((Please wait for their replies, Ash.))

Darby didn't budge. His two motivations here were Morywin and little Ophelia who he carried in his arms. Backing down or flinching from this one elf was not and never an option if it was for them. Then he turned to Garaeth with newfound courage, no longer running away from his view. "Are you really going to let someone who's working under her crazy grandfather, who just killed on your own servants, to simply 'stay here for the night'?" Darby pressed the lord. He didn't know what Garaeth thought of his servants and helpers, but Darby made a lot of friends with the servants in his household. They weren't just tools like how his brothers thought they were. They were more than that. "How will we know that he's not planning to sneak in and do the same as this, then drag Morywin back to her grandfather while we're not looking?" Or maybe even possibly dead. Clearly Darby was not displaying any trust to a person who just barged into the room, especially when that person was specifically sent by someone who just killed your maid - and almost a five year old child! - to get Morywin back.

Darby would like to comment on Garaeth's security measures too, but he didn't want to sound disrespectful right now.

Last edited by a moderator: