A new journey

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Darby nodded, then stood up as Morywin left to look for the master of the house. Ophelia had woken up and Altherus had join them too. Darby leaned over to the little girl. "Sorry, kid," he apologized softly as she rubbed her eyes. "But we have to go now." With a little 'hup', Darby lifted her up in his arms. He made his way around the bed when Morywin came back, lowering his eyes towards Ophelia briefly to check if she continued snoozing. "Yes, no problem," he replied softly to Morywin, nodding promptly. "You have my word."

And so the they headed downstairs.

Ophelia cuddled her head on Darby's shoulder as he carried her and she soon fell back asleep in his embrace, Altherus jumped down from the bed and made his way downstairs along with Darby and Ophelia.

Morywin nodded once in thanks towards Darby and she waited for them to go downstairs before she followed, once she stepped out in the courtyard, she placed her hand over her heart and shut her eyes. "Arda Venie." She whispered and her hand glowed white for a moment and soon the glow spread around her body, she knelt down and lowered her hands to the ground and soon there was a moment of a blinding light and when it disappeared, Morywin had turned into a Snow leopard. Her fur was as white as her hair usually was and her eyes had the same amethyst color, only now, her eyes had obviously gotten a feline shape. Around her neck hung the necklace and Morywin looked up at Darby and Ophelia. Altherus walked over to Morywin and cuddled his cheek against the top of her head, her recognized her in both her normal elven form and in her shapeshifted form. "Let us just hope that the roads are still empty, I haven't been in this form for a while, but this way, I can always scout ahead without being seen." Morywin said as she stretched out her legs and back while she flexed her claws.

"Garaeth hahahahaha you send your servants to dispatch of me? I thought you had honor." Ash began laughing insanely like that of a madman dead servants lay scattered across the lawn. "Come out and face me like a man or send more servants I don't care ill simply kill them all." Ash shouted again laughing then he pulled a glowing red orb out of his satchel. "Aun sof aur!" Ash shouted shooting an enormous flame at the "Garaeth hahahahaha you send your servants to dispatch of me? I thought you had honor." Ash began laughing insanely like that of a madman dead servants lay scattered across the lawn. "Come out and face me like a man or send more servants I don't care ill simply kill them all." Ash shouted again laughing then he pulled a glowing red orb out of his satchel. "Aun sof aur!" Ash shouted shooting an enormous flame at the "Garaeth hahahahaha you send your servants to dispatch of me? I thought you had honor." Ash began laughing insanely like that of a madman dead servants lay scattered across the lawn. "Come out and face me like a man or send more servants I don't care ill simply kill them all." Ash shouted again laughing then he pulled a glowing red orb out of his satchel. "Aun sof aur!" Ash shouted shooting an enormous flame at the "Garaeth hahahahaha you send your servants to dispatch of me? I thought you had honor." Ash began laughing insanely like that of a madman dead servants lay scattered across the lawn. "Come out and face me like a man or send more servants I don't care ill simply kill them all." Ash shouted again laughing then he pulled a glowing red orb out of his satchel. "Aun sof aur!" Ash shouted shooting an enormous flame at the house

"Poor Morywin you still don't know as if such a youth could perform that kind of magic when you can't?" "Man you are slow."

"Awwwwww you banish your own dear grandfather." Said Ash with mock tears "what a naughty child you are."

It knocked his helmet off. Ash s eyes had no pupils a sure sign he was possessed

((We'll pretend the burning mansion never happened.))

Darby watched with amazement as Morywin took form of a beast. "Just how many surprises do you have up your sleeve, Morywin?" The words escaped from his lips. The other servants looked a bit shocked to see a rare animal present in a warm country, but Darby assured them it was their companion who had shape shifted with some magic, which calmed them afterwards. Servants from the mansion fetched horses for the travelers, a tall brown one was given to Darby and Ophelia to ride on. According to one of the man-servants, this one was called Brie, a mild-tempered horse that's used to long distance traveling. Darby hoisted himself up while a maid held Ophelia, then she was placed on his lap with her head resting in his arms as he held the reins. Another horse, this one a light tan with some white markings was brought forward.

"Shall we tie this one to yours for the lady in case she needs a horse later?" asked the servants to them, and Darby looked at Morywin and Garaeth for approval.

"You'd be surprised." Morywin said as she looked at Darby. "That will be good, I will be in this shape for a while." She said with a nod as she sat down on the ground. "We won't head for Lumbria first, it is without a doubt what my grandfather wants, so we will head towards Soriath, a small village to the west." Morywin then said and Ophelia cuddled in Darby's embrace while she was sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garaeth had been quiet. While Morywin, Darby, Ophelia and Altherus were preparing and planning, Garaeth had mounted his own steed. A full-bred warhorse, the steed was as black as night but with armor equal in both beauty and strength as the armor of his rider. He sat atop the saddle as he waited for his companions, yet his mind was not there at the time. It was on the future, and what would happen in that future. He tapped the hilt of his blade idly with his fingertips as he watched and waited.

And so the servants tied the light colored horse to Darby's. "You have fine horses, Garaeth, sir," Darby spoke up to Garaeth, opening himself up a bit more now after the few incidents inside the mansion. Darby shifted in his saddle to give Ophelia a more secure sleeping position. Unlike Garaeth, Darby still wore none, but it won't matter for now. He was quite excited to get a cloak.

- - -

They're on the move. He wasn't sure if anyone knew, but he was quite far from where they were, but his forest ancestors granted him and his family great eyesight. The elf gulped nervously. His next move was planned out, but his will to do it was something else. Was he doing the right thing? It felt wrong, doing this to the Lady Morywin.

Yet he had to, or the forest will perish.

The elf left, shifted into the form of an elk, and galloped away.

Morywin perked her ears as she heard something and she came to a halt, having been pacing around a bit and she looked around and she sniffed the air, her right frontpaw was slightly raised in the air and her tail swayed gently from side to side. But when she didn't hear anymore sounds as the first one had disappeared she shook her head to dismiss the thought. Her eyes watched the road in a cautious and suspecting manner, as if everything around them could be a possible enemy as she was unable to get rid of the feeling. "We should get moving as soon as possible." She said as she began to walk.

Ophelia cuddled in Darby's embrace, fast asleep and comfortable where she was sitting.

Garaeth remained quiet for a good amount of time as they rode out from the mansion's courtyard and towards their destination. He could not shake off the feeling as well that they were being watched by someone. It passed after a time, yet the mere sensation concerned him. On the other hand, there were other matters to be concerned about as well, about the future events that were likely to occur. He looked to Morywin for a moment as his eyes narrowed. ''Where will you end up with leading us, I wonder?'' He thought to himself before he looked ahead as they rode. In one way, it had not truly mattered. He gave a promise to aid her, and he always kept his promises.

Morywin walked along the road with graceful steps and her eyes kept a watchful gaze on their surroundings, her ears were perked and Altherus walked at her side, remaining just as cautious as her. "We will stop once we reach the small trading village of Soriath, it is a small ride there but once we get there, we'll be able to rest and get you a cloak, Darby." Said Morywin as she walked. "Hopefully we'll be able to rest..." She thought to herself while she frowned a bit and she lowered her gaze as she thought about the maid that her grandfather had killed by possessing an innocent girl and a low growl escaped her maws, her fangs becoming slightly bared at the thought.

Ophelia let out a small whine in her sleep and she flailed with her arms for a second, mumbling something about cookies attacking her before she became relaxed again as she continued to sleep as she sat on the horse in Darby's embrace while she was sleeping. Morywin snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at Ophelia in surprise for a moment and she couldn't help but to chuckle gently and she shook her head slightly before she looked back at the road.

Not the chatty type I suppose, Darby frowned after throwing a compliment to Garaeth's way. He had resolved to be more open with him too. Ophelia's little sleep-talk cheered him up a bit though. Brie and Cara followed behind Morywin, both didn't seem to be fazed by her predator form. Perhaps animals had a special sixth sense. Darby gave a nod to their leader before smiling at the mention of the cloak. "Thanks," he grinned at her.

"Can't have you walking around looking like the odd one out, now can I?" Morywin asked as she glanced at Darby, having spoke with a teasing tone and she had a feline grin on her face as she looked at him for a moment before she looked ahead as she walked while the others were riding. She looked around and then stopped and she glanced towards the woods, her ears perking up as she felt a familiar scent. "It can't be..." She thought to herself and she remained standing on the spot even if the others went ahead and she looked at the forest as if she waited for something or someone to appear.

Garaeth appeared to notice the change in Morywin's demeanour. He had spent the entire time since their departure feeling that something was off - that something truly was not as it should have been. He could have expected that they would be watched or followed, but this soon? He found himself waiting for the same as her, for someone to appear as he pulled on the reins of his steed, the warhorse coming to a pause.

When nothing came out of the forest, Morywin slowly began to turn away and she then walked in a slightly faster pace to catch up to the others before she walked while looking at the ground in a thoughtful manner, her eyes were slightly narrowed and her ears leaned back. "That scent... it couldn't possibly have been him." She thought to herself before she shook her head. Once they had been riding for several hours, Morywin began to become tired from being in the shape shifted form, so she changed to her elven form again and untied the horse from Darby's horse before she hauled herself up on the saddle with the reins resting gently in her right hand and she pulled up her hood to hide her elven features. "We have about a two hours ride left before we reach Soriath." She said in an absentminded manner.

That was too close.

His heartbeat was so loud he thought he might burst and he'd hear the explosion through his ears. Perhaps it was the fear of being found out. Perhaps it was because being chased by a huge white predator in a prey's form gave him the extra adrenaline. What mattered was that he reached the village before they do.

- - -

"You okay, Morywin?" Darby called after the snow leopard, who changed back to the familiar white-haired elven form of Morywin once she returned from tracking a scent. Two hours huh? Darby wondered why the deadline. Was it two hours before the sun rises? "We better hurry then," he suggested, flicking the reins to hurry Brie's pace. He just hoped that the sudden change of speed doesn't wake the little Ophelia in his arms.

Morywin nodded once at Darby's words. "Yeah... I'm fine." She said in an absent manner and she gently kicked the mare in the sides who soon started to gallop, Morywin seemed lost in her thoughts and a deep frown was on her face, she was hoping that she was wrong and that she didn't feel the scent of someone she knew, but no matter what she did, she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Ophelia remained asleep, unphased by the sudden change of speed.

The rest trip felt like ages in the dark. Two hours felt like a decade to Darby, possibly because he was feeling tired himself. The horse's gallop was starting to feel monotone, as if he was in a baby's cradle His body felt like a ragdoll, once or twice he almost let go of the reins. His eyelids felt like they had lead hanging from his lashes, but the only thing that helped kept him from falling to sleep was that he remembered that he was carrying a little child. If he blacked out, he might loosen his grip around Ophelia and might just fall off the horse, or even worse.

Soon, the sun was just peeking from the horizon, slowly swelling for every minute.