A new journey

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Morywin smiled gently and nodded once at Garaeth. "Either way, thank you." She said before she turned towards Darby and she tried to give him a gentle hug. "If you need someone to talk to or lift your heart about anything, you can always talk to me, remember that." She whispered to Darby before she pulled back and then looked at the young girl.

The girl looked up a Darby as he spoke to her and she then looked at the rest of the group, still seeming rather frightened. "T-They will hurt me..." She whimpered low. "The mean pointy ears that made my mommy and daddy sleep so much that t-they won't wake up..." She then whined in a terrified manner. Morywin felt her heart sink as she heard what the girl said and she pulled up her hood to hide her elven features and the upper half of her face, only her nose and mouth were visible now under the hood.

Darby gulped down the blush that formed in his cheeks when Morywin embraced him, not to mention that her words touched him. His eyes flickered over Garaeth for a moment. Score for Darby. "Thank you," he tumbled over his words while patting her on the shoulder, then he looked back to the little girl.

Oh sweetheart.. Darby stared at the little girl sadly. "They're not the mean ones," he tried to comfort her. "There are good men and bad men. Good children and bad, and bad elves and good ones. These are very good ones," he gave the girl a warm smile. "They wouldn't be my friends if they were mean, would they?" Then he reached out his hand for her. "So, will you join us, m'lady?"

Morywin couldn't help but chuckle slightly as she looked at Darby and she then looked down at the little girl. "He considers me his friend..." She thought to herself while still smiling gently. She then looked at Garaeth again. "My name is Morywin, no need to not be polite seeing as you saved our hides." She said and inclined her head.

The girl looked up at Darby and then at his hand. "Ophelia... not lady..." She mumbled low in a slightly shy manner now. She took his hand and then stood up as she looked towards Garaeth and Morywin.

Altherus wagged his tail as he stood up when Ophelia did and he then tried to crouch carefully down underneath the girl to have her ride on his back. Ophelia was frightened at first, of course, but once she noticed that Altherus truly didn't mean any harm, she placed her hands gently on his back to feel his soft fur. "It looks as if we're all set, let us head up to the mansion, then. I'm sure we could all have use of some rest." Morywin said while smiling gently towards the others.

Garaeth nodded as he turned and made his way up the stairs to the front gate to the mansion. It was closed as upon their arrival, but Garaeth's return was soon announced and the guardsmen who held position outside opened the gate for him. Despite his guests, the guardsmen did not even look twice nor ask any questions. If Garaeth deemed them worthy of being guests in his mansion, they would not ask about it. Nor was it truly their place to do so at any rate.

''Master Garaeth!'' A voice called just as the front door of the mansion was opened. ''Welcome home, Sir.'' Stepping down the stairs to greet them was a more elderly man that Garaeth. His features were by far more worn and aged, yet despite this appeared refined, his white hair tied into a ponytail which rested down his back some length. His clothes, refined as his appearance, suited him as the butler of the mansion. ''Thank you, Lundgren.'' Garaeth stated, and the butler bowed before his gentle pale eyes fell upon his Master's guests. ''You have guests, Sir? Shall I prepare the guest rooms?'' Garaeth nodded at that, and Lundgren went on his way, only bowing before-hand. ''My name is Lundgren. Welcome to Master Garaeth's home. Please, do not hesitate to call upon me when I am needed.'' The butler added before he went on his way back inside the mansion.

Morywin followed Garaeth up to his mansion while Ophelia sat on Altherus' back, she looked around a bit while they were walking and she then looked at the guards as they passed them, but she said nothing. Once they were inside the mansion, she looked towards Lundgren and she smiled gently as she inclined her head towards him. "I'm Morywin, the wolf's name is Altherus and the child is named Ophelia." She said with a gentle voice. "We won't be staying the night, however, I fear that me and Darby have a previous engagement that we should tend to as soon as possible, preferably before nightfall." Morywin said with an apologetic smile as she looked at Lundgren and then at Garaeth. She had after all promised Darby to take him with her on her journey, and now that she knew that Ekuare was about, she didn't want to stay in one place for too long.

Ophelia looked around a bit when they were in the mansion, appearing quite curious, but she never once stepped down from Altherus' back, it seemed as if she quite enjoyed herself on the Dire wolf's back.

Darby nodded towards Garaeth when Morywin introduced herself. "Yes, thank you for saving her," he added, realizing that if Garaeth wasn't there, who knows what could have happened by the time he reached the back? "I-I'm Darby. Darby Kipling." Yeah, Kipling. Darby rubbed his stubble nervously - it might be a new habit. He held Ophelia's hand as they walked into the mansion, then let go once she rode on top of the dire wolf's back. The guards, the lavish furniture, the butler.. His stomach churned. After the familiarities with the butler, he looked at Morywin thankfully as if she were heaven-sent when she said that they planned to not stay for the night. In all due respect, while the mansion was beautiful, it made Darby feel very suffocated.

But Ophelia might want to stay. Darby wanted to stick around with the kid so she wouldn't feel lonely or upset, but traveling the wilderness and across the globe might prove too harsh for the young girl.

''One night.'' Garaeth stated as he turned, once they were inside the mansion, which looked equally luxurious within as it did outside, if not more so. ''Please, remain for but a single night. You need rest if you intend to continue your travel.'' He added as his arms folded lightly across his chest. His brow raised as he noticed how uncomfortable Darby now seemed within his mansion. Once more, his thoughts ran to the fact that he appeared familiar to him. ''My name is Garaeth, by the way. Garaeth Gisbourne. I fear I can only introduce myself, as my Lord father is not present.''

Morywin peered slightly at Garaeth before she looked towards Darby. "With that woman on the loose that you saw before, I'm afraid a night of rest is not an option... you saw what she did to the harbor and if she's not stopped, there's going to be more cities who will end up like this one did." Morywin said as she looked back at Garaeth. She already felt guilty about what had happened to the people in Evenloch and she wasn't planning on giving Ekuare the chance to do the same thing with another town or village. "However... if the child could stay here, I would be most grateful." She said.

Ophelia looked up at Morywin and she then looked up at Darby and she jumped down from Altherus' back to run up to Darby and take his hand. "No, no, no! I want to go with Darby!" She whimpered. Morywin turned around and looked at Ophelia and then at Darby. "I know you do, young one. but the roads are dangerous and not the place for a child. There are bandits and all sorts of bad people." Morywin said with a gentle voice.

''Lundgren will take good care of her.'' Garaeth stated after a time, which he had spent pondering as he brushed his fingers across his chest. ''I will not, however, as I believe the right choice is to accompany you in this. If what you tell me is the truth, then I cannot allow such actions to happen to someone else, or any other place.''

"If it is alright with Darby, you are more than welcome to join us." Morywin said while nodding once. She then turned towards Ophelia and she frowned sadly upon seeing how sad the child was over not being allowed to accompany them. Morywin approached her and then crouched down to be more at her height. "If you are to come with us. You will have to listen to what I say, if I tell you to run and hide, you do so without question, understood?" Morywin asked, to which Ophelia quickly nodded.

"I promise!" Ophelia exclaimed happily. "I can't leave her here... if Ekuare were to find her... then Ophelia might end as Illyria did... If Ophelia is with us, then not only can I protect her, but so can Garaeth, Darby and Altherus as well... I cannot let another child end up as my daughter did." Morywin thought to herself, her hand absentmindedly grasping a necklace that was around her neck. "We will stay for a little bit, however. But I want to be on the road before the sun has set behind the forest." Morywin said as she looked at both Garaeth and Darby. "I hope that is not an issue with either of you?"

''It shall be as you say. You may share in my hospitality in the meantime. Eat, drink and rest as you are able.'' He stated as he bowed his head. It was not long then until Lundgren appeared, the elder man stepping down the stairs with ease as he made his way to Garaeth and his guests. ''Lundgren will show you to the dining room if you wish to eat, and your quarters if you want to rest.''

Morywin inclined her head in a polite manner towards Garaeth before she looked at Altherus and Ophelia who both quickly went up to Lundgren. "I am not hungry, but it appears as if they are." She said with a faint smile on her lips. She then looked around slightly before she took a small walk around the mansion until she found her way to a balcony. Morywin stepped out on the balcony while she folded her arms across her chest, her gaze wandered across the horizon while she had a thoughtful expression on her face. Her hair danced slightly in the wind as a small breeze passed by. She looked down at the necklace and she trailed her fingers across it, a sad frown forming on her face. "I'm not only making this journey for you, my human friend... I'm also making it for her, I promised her that I would one day show her the world." She thought to herself as she looked up at the sky.

''Your name was Morywin, yes?'' Garaeth asked as he stepped out onto the balcony as well not too long after her. ''Apologies if I disturb you, but I have some questions that I need answered.'' He said as he bowed his head before he walked closer to her. He stood behind her as he looked out from the balcony, his expression oddly serene.

In the meantime, Lundgren bowed. ''Right this way.'' He stated politely, not appearing to be bothered by neither Ophelia nor Altherus, despite him being a Dire Wolf, but instead he gestured for the two of them to follow him into the dining hall where food was already being prepared and placed upon the table.

Morywin quickly turned around, having drawn both her blades as she turned around, but upon seeing that it was Garaeth, she lowered her weapons and sheathed them again as she looked at him. "Apologies for drawing my weapons at you, I was a bit startled. What kind of questions is it that you need answers to...?" She asked hesitantly while she peered at him.

Ophelia and Altherus happily followed Lundgren as they made their way towards the dining hall. "Darby! Come with us and eat!" Ophelia shouted as she looked over her shoulder while letting out a small giggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darby smiled sheepishly at Ophelia. "I'm coming, I'm coming," he called after her as he walked with the group. Little kid was already looking out for him - so sweet. Darby didn't mind Garaeth coming along with them. The more the merrier, right? He'll only start to worry if the man's memory started jogging, and then realize he's a certain missing person. "Looks like you're best friends with Al, here, huh?" he pointed out, quite appalled that Altherus befriended Ophelia so quickly. Perhaps it could smell the innocence of a child. He looked up at Garaeth and Morywin a bit too, curious about what the Lord of the house had to ask about.

''What is the story for what happened out there?'' He inquired as he leaned lightly against the surface of the banister. He glanced towards her from the corner of his eyes, his expression never betraying his thoughts about the matter as he remained serene. Whatever thoughts he had on the matter were hidden away.

Ophelia giggled slightly and she then looked in Morywin and Garaeth's direction for a moment before she tried to take Darby's hand. "At first I was a little scared of him... but he's really nice! And soft too. He's like a really really big doggy!" She said with a small nod.

Morywin glanced inside and she smiled as she saw Ophelia and Darby, upon noticing that he looked at her and Garaeth, she raised her right hand and gave him a gentle wave before she looked back at Garaeth. "The story is that the woman attacked out of nowhere and that she has to be stopped. I didn't know she was there until... the backdoor exploded in the tavern." Morywin said, not seeming too keen about answering any questions of what happened, a frown formed on her face as she looked at Garaeth. "Anything else?" She then asked.

Darby took Ophelia's tiny hand gently. It was warm and slightly covered with soot, so he gently wiped some away with his thumb. "He is, isn't he?" he agreed, "Say, Ophelia. How old are you?" Darby asked. He always asked this question to children. Maybe all adults do, but he wanted to know anyways. It wouldn't hurt.

''Is that all there is?'' He inquires but he paused for a moment and shook his head. ''Do not answer that. Whatever reasons you have, I shall not ask about them, they are your own.'' He pondered for a moment. ''How do you suppose we are to find her, then?''

Ophelia held up her free palm with all five fingers flexed. "I'm five. What about you?" She asked with a small giggle as she looked at Darby for a moment and then looked towards Morywin and Garaeth. "The pointy ear lady doesn't seem happy... I wonder what the pointy eared man said." She then said in a thoughtful manner before she looked up at Darby and then at Altherus, as she sensed the scent of food, however, she quickly moved to drag Darby to the dining hall. "Food!" She exclaimed in a happy manner, Altherus was already in the dining hall, eating meat from a plate that was placed on the floor for him.

"That is all there is to it that I will allow you to get out of me." Morywin said as she looked at Garaeth before she glanced to her right to look across their surroundings. "She will find us, no doubt... but she wants to expand the territory of the Selv'anar, the mountain elves. So she will most likely start with the human villages closest to the mountains... Evenloch was most likely to serve as a warning and an example..." She said while she let out a heavy sigh. "I shall head back inside and see so that Altherus is behaving." Morywin said as she then turned and walked into the mansion again and made her way to the dining hall where both Ophelia and Altherus were happily eating the food that was being served, she folded her arms and leaned against the wall as she quietly observed them, not wanting to disturb, before she looked towards Darby.

Last edited by a moderator: