A new journey

Hooded men. Important-looking paper. Curious barkeeper that glanced at the paper and then at Kirta.

Time to go. She followed the man who had followed the wolf and lady, hoping they would create a scene that would distract the hooded men from questioning her. What she saw as she passed the room was an interesting scene, but what interested her more was the window. The nice, open window.

"Hey, don't mind me. Just passing through. By the way, you're using that lock pick all wrong. And you got caught. Bad day?" she paused very briefly, hoping to stir up trouble between them all and perhaps aid her escape.

She turned to the wolf. "Watch out for the scruffy man; I think he's up to something"

That was a lie, and she didn't really think the wolf would understand. But maybe the lady would.

"Err," Darby couldn't think of anything when Morywin asked her what the matter was. Then his head snapped towards the other woman who had followed him.

"Excuse you," he growled, you'd think that he was the wolf. "I don't want to hear that from a drunkard who thought a wolf would eat crackers."

"Anyway, Morywin," he turned back to his companion. "You don't want violence? Then alright." Then Darby turned his head to where the main lobby was. "Guards!" he cried in a booming voice. "We've got a thief and a lumbering drunk! What kind of tavern is this!?"

The bouncers of the tavern perked up, but unfortunately so did the hooded men. Their heavy, running footsteps thundered towards the corridor and headed towards them. If Morywin didn't want to use violence, then let someone else do it for her.

"Time to go, fair lady." he piped to Morywin, his hand made a grab for hers and he ran towards the back door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morywin raised an eyebrow as she heard the woman's words. "I wonder what she meant with her words." She thought to herself. But before she was able to give the words a second thought, she felt Darby grabbing her hand and she then ran with him towards the back door. "I suppose that is one way to handle it." She chuckled low and let out a sharp whistle, Altherus soon following the two at a quick pace.
Morywin's ears perked underneath the hood as she thought she heard something and she quickly tried to press Darby up against the wall as the door soon exploded and burst into flames, shielding her face from the heat and flames with one arm. "Black powder..." She thought to herself with a small snarl. "Seems we have some company from the mountains." She said low before looking towards Darby, her hood having slid back so her elven features were now fully on display.

"Did no one tell you it was rude to annoy someone at work" he Said as he began to stand up Kian was fairly small but had a dangerous look about him. His knife was now in view and he was ready to strike.

Things happened quite quickly. She lifted one brow at Kian, then noticed the three others were gone and that the scruffy one and called for the guards. The chest was too small to hide in, even if she picked the lock quickly enough.

"I was just giving pointers," she hissed to Kian, taking a flying leap out the window and landing in a heap outside. She popped up and said, through the open window, "Don't tell them where I went!"

"Jesus," Darby cursed after their one chance to escape was blasted. The guards finally came, but they weren't expecting the explosion either. Instead, they split into teams. Two went to assess the damage, while the other two confronted the thief, who was alone now since the drunk flew out the window and ordered him to stay put while pointing their swords and spears at him. The tavern guest's screams filled the air as they rushed outside through the front door, while the tavern keeper wailed for someone to fetch buckets of water to put out the flame. Darby couldn't tear his gaze off the door - the very door that would have blown him to smithereens if he went any closer. "Mountains? What?" He was able to face Morywin, who had her hood blown off from the explosion.. and her ears were something he had only seen in books.

"Elf?" he breathed in awe, his blue eyes twinkled. He thought elves lived deep in isolated villages, surrounded by the forest or up in the mountains. They're certainly not a myth, but they rarely do leave their homes. Yet here was one, the very same one he had been chatting up with the entire day.

A strong, womanly voice interrupted them. "Well, well, well!" A dark skinned elf walked through the debris and fire with elegance, her posture was poised and grand. "Didn't expect you to be here, Mory-darling," Ekuare's voice was as smooth as honey, laced with an underlying poison. She flipped her blonde, wavy hair with her hand and the jewelry around her wrists jingled. The mountain elf wore a short dress made of boar hide, and long leather boots that went up to her knees. Around her belt were satchels of what looked like homemade bombs."And with a human man too! Your elders wouldn't be too happy about that now, won't they?" Ekuare giggled mischievously.

"Ekuare..." Morywin snarled low and took a step forward to stand in front of Darby while facing the mountain elf. "What are you doing here and why are you trying to kill every living being in this building?! I thought you had gotten rid of the black powder, just as was ordered at the meeting when the peace treaty was signed!" She hissed, obviously not fond of the elf. "What I am doing here and with whom or what... is none of your business."

Altherus snarled and stepped forward to stand at Morywin's side when Ekuare made her appearance, his fur raised as he growled loudly while baring his fangs. "Move out of the way..." Morywin said in a warning manner as she glared at Ekuare while her right hand slowly made its way over her shoulder to grip her bow. "I hope everyone made it out okay..." She thought to herself.

"As much as I would love to stay and chat I really think it would be best if I left" he said then quickly slipped under the guards swords but accidentally getting cut by one in his side a he did so. "It's fine" Kian said clutching his side and trying to find and escape, jumping out of the window is not possible now and he was not planning on going to jail.

Ekuare stuck her tongue out playfully. "Technically, your elders ordered my old pops to do that," she corrected her, as if she was speaking to a child who tripped through their ABCs. "But daddy's not around to tell me what to do anymore," The dark elf's face twisted, like a raincloud went over her head for a millisecond, but it passed as soon as it arrived. "So I decided to have a little fun with this stuff again! Starting by this human market place." She wanted to make it sound like they were fooling around, but in reality the mountain elves have been hungry for territory. Ekuare wanted to expand and grow colonies outside the mountain, scattering their kind everywhere in the world. They would flourish then, but first they had to get rid of some dirty humans.

"Mmm? And what are you going to do once I let you go? Tell your grandpa?" Ekuare glared at Morywin with a malicious smile and grabbed a small black sphere from one of the belt satchels. "I can't have you do that now, can I? No, how about you come with me like a good little girl?" They could use a hostage, actually. Oh the things they could do? Threaten their forest dwelling cousins for a portion of their land? Have them use black powder again legally so they won't have to come for their heads? So many things, so little time. Outside the tavern, several other explosions were sounded. Each one sent a glorious chill down Ekuare's spine, like she was listening to a magnificent orchestra.

Darby on the other hand has never felt so helpless. His pride as a man was crumbling. He'd fight to protect Morywin, but he couldn't bring himself to harm a woman. He could see the other room clearly anymore, but he hoped that the two hooded men were gone by now. Two guards came by their side, but they only made Ekuare laugh in delight and squeal something about playthings.

"Darby... get out of here and take Altherus and the guards with you..." Morywin whispered low to Darby in an almost pleading manner without turning her head as she then looked towards Ekuare while swiftly drawing her bow and notching an arrow at the same time before she pulled back the string, having taken aim on the mountain elf. "No, I'm not. But I will shoot you where you stand if you harm any human." She snarled while keeping her eyes locked on Ekuare. "I'm not going back to the forest, but neither am I going to come with you!" She hissed audibly at Ekuare.
Altherus crouched down, preparing to assault Ekuare while his ears remained leaned back and his fur raised, he was not about to abandon Morywin.

"But.." Stubborn Darby wanted to insist to stay by her side. Yes, he was quite helpless and unarmed, but he can't bear leaving a nice woman like Morywin to fend herself. How can he forgive himself if she gets hurt? Unless she had a plan, he wasn't going anywhere.. Hang on, she told him to take the wolf with him, so she did have a plan? She better, since he's hanging on to this. ".. I'll see you later, alright?" Then Darby whistled low to the wolf, calling it as if it was a dog. He wasn't really sure how else to call it's attention. Then he called the guards and they all raced for the front door. Damn, Morywin, you better be alright, Darby said as they zigzagged through the fallen tables and chairs. You promised me some traveling.

Ekuare watched Morywin's human friend and wolf turn tail and run and she scoffed. "Looks like even your friends have abandoned you," she pointed out as she walked towards the forest elf at a painfully slow pace. "But Mory dear, don't you think it's a little too late to make a threat like that?"

Outside, Darby stared at the harbor in horror. Stalls have been set ablaze and some collapsed over their shopkeeper's heads. Women and children screamed as they attempted to leave the place while men run around with buckets of water and swords to fight off the dark skinned elves that wrecked havoc everywhere. A few bodies littered the street, and a crying child slouched over her mother, trying to wake her up in vain. Building after building would burst into flames, followed by the pained shrill screams of his kind.. This couldn't be happening.

"Circle around the back!" Darby pleaded to the guards, but they had better things to do - like secure the town instead of saving one measly life. "No.. Altherus!" he squatted, leveling his eyes with the wolf. "How about we go around the back and trap that crazy elf and save your master, yeah? How's that?"

Morywin nodded once as response to Darby and despite the will of staying, as Altherus looked at Morywin, he knew he had no choice but to go with Darby and thus followed him. "It is never too late and they haven't abandoned me, I told them to leave." She hissed at Ekuare before releasing the string, the arrow flying forward in an attempt to bury itself in Ekuare's right shoulder. "I will make you pay for each and every human and living being that has had to suffer because of your kind." She then snarled as she notches another arrow and starts to take aim.

Altherus whined low while looking up at Darby and he then looked towards the tavern, wanting to rush inside again to Morywin's side.

Kian stumbled out of the door yelling slightly as pushing open the door hurt his side he was still in the tavern trying to escape."I'm going to kill you soon" he yelled at the guards and anyone else near by in anger. If it had not been for that woman he would not be bleeding and leaving the tavern with no money.

Ekuare's reflexes were faster than Morywin's bow and arrow, and like lightning her left arm reached out in attempt to grab the arrow. She could have dodged it, but she wanted to show her power. Unfortunately, her reflexes were too fast, and soon she found herself grabbing at the point of the arrow. The force dug into her left palm and drew blood, but Ekuare tried to suppress the pain. "Ohh, look what you made me do," she cooed as she pulled the arrow from her hand with a disgusting, fleshy rip. "That wasn't very nice, Mory,"

With the black sphere she held in her right hand earlier, she threw it down at the ground with all her might. It made a loud bang, and a short blinding flash. It made no damage, but it certainly alerted a few a couple of mountain elves. Two of them burst through the ceiling at their lady's ceiling, and made a grab for Morywin. "Here," Ekuare said, fumbling around her other satchels with her good right hand. "My boys will teach you how to play nice."

---

Darby ran both his hands through his hair. He shouldn't have tried talking to a wolf, it was clearly not working. Instead, he started running towards the back. "Come here boy!" he called to Altherus, hoping the canine would follow. This whole plan won't work if the wolf won't follow his lead. "Let's save Morywin!"

All of a sudden, the agitated conversation was interrupted by the sudden approach of footsteps, just as the sound of chain-mail echoed throughout the tavern - what was remaining of it, at any rate. It was the sudden explosion that caught Garaeth's attention, and forced him to venture to see the scene. Despite the armor he wore - armor made of the finest metal which glimmered lightly whenever it caught the light of the sun. Ornaments coated the surface of his armor, beautiful crimson gemstones and the finest silk cloth draped like a coat with his armor. At his side, as beautiful as it were lethal, a basket-hilt sword made out of equally fine metal was strapped and sheathed in a jet-black and crimson scabbard. Such armor was surely only for nobility or the most renowned knights, yet his appearance added a mystery to it all. His hair possesses an oddly ghastly white color which flowed whenever the wind caught its strands, his skin almost equally pale and pristine. His features were set strongly upon his face, with piercing blood red eyes now fixed to purpose. Yet, added to this mystery of his appearance were in fact his ears, having a length longer than that of a common human. This mysterious male now stood at the entrance to what remained of the tavern as he surveyed the scene.

''I was quite pleased with the peace here, yet suddenly I heard an unholy commotion. What is the meaning of this?'' His voice, deep yet nonetheless composed was raised to catch the attention of those present. He tapped the hilt of his blade idly as he surveyed the scene, never once showing any emotion to what was occuring but instead utter neutrality - for now.

Morywin flinched at the sound of chain-mail and looked over her shoulder towards the armored man for a moment, she was just about to say something before she quickly had to turn her attention towards Ekuare again. "I was not born to be nice towards your kind." She hissed and her eyes then widened before she lifted her arm to shield herself, only to feel that she was grabbed by the men and she tried to struggle free. "Let go of me you big mountain apes!" She snarled while lifting one leg to try and kick one of them in the stomach.

Altherus' ears perked up at the sound of a loud bang and he then quickly followed Darby towards the back of the tavern while he was growling and whimpering at the same time.

Kian walked outside slowly and began to look for a horse to steal so he could make a get away. "Finally" he said to himself as he saw a Large black war horse tied to a post. He ran over to it leaving a small trail of blood the faster he went.
He jumped onto the horse weakly and it reared not expecting the sudden shift in weight, it was used to carrying knight in heavy armour.

"Move you stupid beast" he yelled at the horse that reared again and Kian kicked its side but It did not move.

''You really should listen to her. I cannot allow such actions here.'' Garaeth stated with such an authority in his tone that it appeared natural to him. His fingers wrapped around the hilt of his blade now, and at a slowed speed yet threatening in its ways, he drew the beautifully-forged blade from its scabbard. It appeared to glimmer the moment it was released, and Garaeth pointed the tip of the edge towards the two elves who now had locked Morywin in their grasp. ''I will only give you this warning. Cease this commotion and surrender. If you resist, I am but forced to exact violence.''

At the sight of Garaeth, the man in shiny armor, Ekuare squealed in joy. "Eee, what a hunk!" she cried out lovingly, totally ignoring everything he had said earlier. Such wispy, cool hair, such grand, noble armor, and his low voice dripped with authority. Authority over her melting body. She wiggled in place as if she had butterflies dancing in her stomach and cupped both her cheeks with both her hands - one of her cheeks being stained by wound in her left hand. "I could take you as my husband!" Ekuare didn't even seem to care at all when her men were being kicked and injured by Morywin. Her eyes were all on (and all over) Garaeth.

Suddenly, Darby appeared from behind Ekuare. "Sick 'em, Al!" he yelled, pointing at the mountain queen's back, while rushing towards Morywin's side and planting a hard fist at one of the lackey's faces. With the momentum and force that Darby had behind that punch, the lackey fell and even bounced on the ground. A short, faint yellow electric-like pulse sparked at the elf's body, and all he could was twitch pathetically. Darby looked at Garaeth briefly, nodding at him in greeting, then turned to Morywin while he punched the other mountain elf. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"

Morywin felt her eyebrow twitch slightly at Ekuare's reaction to Garaeth but then blinked as the male elf was dropped to the floor by Darby and as she saw the sparks across his body. "What... how is... does Darby really know of magic?" She thought to herself before she looked towards Garaeth. "You should leave this place, human, it's not safe here." She said.

Altherus let out a furious howl as he then ran towards Ekuare to charge at her back and leap up before he tried to bite down in her left shoulder.

Morywin rubbed her right wrist that had gotten a small bruise from the tight grip while smiling briefly at Darby. "I thought I told you to leave... I'm glad you didn't..." She said low. "I'm fine, just some minor scratches, but we need to get out of here before the building collapses." She then said while looking up at the ceiling as the beams began to creak, slowly succumbing to the heavy weight of the roof.
A small frown formed on Morywin's face however when she felt how she was starting to become dizzy, having inhaled a lot of the smoke from the fire and as a forest elf, she wasn't used to this much intense heat at the same time. She dropped to her knees while her hearing was becoming more blurred along with her vision, her eyes having shut half-way and she appeared to be close to collapsing.