A New Home

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Alice heard the pop and the crash, filling almost instantly with fear. The last place she wanted to end up was floating through the empty void of space. She shoved down her fear, quietly taking deep breathes as she tried to control her trembling. She followed the crowd as tension seemed to sprout between everyone. She didn't look at her papers, more focused on getting out of danger than anything else.

Stellani stood, adrenaline causing her heart to pound in her ears as she took in the sound the door had made - she knew a cracked seal when she heard one - and the worried note in Jae's voice.

She wanted to ask for directions to some tools and slap a quick patch on it - though outside the atmosphere she doubted it would hold for long. But she knew the best way she could help right then was just to keep calm and do as she was told, and so she kept calm and picked up her pack, turning to the nervous young man next to her, she called up an amiable tone and asked 'so what's your room number?'

She led the first few people to their rooms when her communicator buzzed. She listened to the hurried voice on the other end, her eyes closing slowly and she let out a long sigh. "Yes sir." She turned to face the group. "Raise your hand if you are excelled in mechanics or technology, or anything related to that." Her eyes scanned the crowd solemnly as she asked the question.

'Not for space travel, no,' Alice thought bitterly, her nervousness increasing as the group stopped. She wanted out now.

Stellani's hand shot up, she glanced around the small crowd and noticed two other people with raised hands

"I'm a mechanic" she offered, stepping forward

Jae sighed with relief inwardly, but showed no change. "Good. The rest of you, the rooms are in numerical order down the hall. Go to them, your room and stay there until I give the all clear. Thank you." She let the girl away from the crowd and back down the hall a little. "What's your name?" She asked, stopping by a panel on the wall labeled 'POD AD2 KIT', pulling out two masks, a can, and an unusual looking piece of rock.

Alice rolled her eyes at the woman's orders and glanced down at her crumpled papers. 'Lucky room N.7, huh?' She thought humorlessly, 'Maybe I'll get lucky and die of some other sickness human kind has managed to screw itself with before I rot of old age and lack of will to live.'

Oliver didn't get time to answer Stelanni's question before raising his hand as well. He trotted along behind her, trying to stay calm "I was still in school learning about mechanical engineering," waving his hand slightly as he tried to get Jae's attention.

A boy of 18 stumbles out of the pod in to the shuttle. the boy looked at the new surroundings baffled at where he is. the boy then fiddles with an old credit card from his pocket and a memory of what his name is comes back to him. the boy pauses and says "my name is Ryan that's my name and yet i cant seem to think why i had amnesia and couldn't remember anything"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jae turned to the Oliver. "Okay, two, this will work." She pulled out a third masking, handing one to the girl and the other to the boy before putting one on herself.

((norevenge..the pod is gone..and so is the door at this moment..))

(He'll have to already be in the crowd..)

Alice pushed through the muttering crowd, glad to finally have a chance to be alone. She hadn't been alone since.....well, since she went hunting for dinner before the soldiers took her.

(ok my bad )
Ryan looked even more confused as to what was happening as he walked along with the crowd of people before trying to get to the front of the crowd to find the leader and ask what was going on.

(yeah, right shadowheart)

Jae glanced over to the kid. "Just go to your room, this is an emergency." She glanced him over quickly. "You're room 602C. Go." Then she turned to face Thomas and the other two who pulled on his mask. "Let's go." She led the group over to the door they'd come through from the auditorium and led them all inside, letting Thomas close the door behind them. "Okay, we've got a minor seal break. I'll need one of you on the code pad, typing 6-5-2-4 when I say, the other will have to help me seal the door off. Then we'll need to crack the security code that's set up. Does everyone understand?"

Oliver quickly put on the mask, looking back at the crowd linking a few times. I know they haven't dealt with something like this before but at least they could calm down a bit.... The people here do seem to atleast know what their doing... He faced Jae again and nodded, following after her, pulling Stellani along by her arm.

Ryan shrugs and heads to Room 602C and mutters to him self "i hope this is the right room guess there was something big going on for there to be such a fuss ". as Ryan arrives a the door of Room 602C he stands there and looks around a the door for a keyhole or doorknob wondering how he was to open it and whether it was him the girl who said for him to go to this room was said it to him.

Jae opened the door slowly, gripping to the handle as it pulled her out a little. "I don't know if this will work this way..We might need to balance the pressure first.." She slid out of the half-opened door, extending a hand to the next person. "Come on, we've got to close that door as quickly as possible."

Once Ryan had worked out how to open the door to his room he went in side and turned on the lights. the room light up revealing a bed table bathroom and bookcase. the door shuts promptly be hind him as he sits down on the edge of the bed.

( What do you mean 'yeah right?' She couldn't be left alone because not only did they not want her to escape, they thought she was insane for regetting treatment. Alone as in, 'there are no cameras to watch my every movement in my cell' sort of thing.)

Alice finally managed to shove through the crowd to room 777C and hesitated outside the door. After a moment, she pushed inside and was greeted by the pitch black darkness of the unlit room.

((I was just saying 'yeah, you're right'..that was it))

Jae pulled out the can and sprayed a liquid on the edge of the doorframe. It spread along the edge of the doorframe and started to bubble up, blocking the entire door and sealing it off, allowing the rest of the group to easily step into the hallway. "Okay, now..let's see..." She started messing with the rock, doing what seemed to mold it. After a minute or two it beeped and she set it in the foam, it expanded to the door size, absorbing the foam. "Okay..One of you needs to type that code in, the second will help me with the door." She said, holding the door carefully.

Ryan got up of the edge of his bed and started to investigate his room getting use to where everything was . after a while Ryan got Bored of his room and went for a walk round the ship looking for some one to talk to.