A New Home

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
( Oh okay)

Alice flicked on the lights with the switch next to the door. She was greeted by a living copy of the picture from her papers. She instantly wondered if she would get to re-decorate. A simple bed with green sheets sat in one corner with the washer and dryer directly across from it. Home sweet home, right?

Once bored Ryan Headed back to his room and had a look around again and finds the basic utility room kit for washing drying clothes and a little cupboard and Belfast sink. Ryan looks surprised at the selection of machinery and the sink and cupboard. "wow i never knew my room and a tumble dryer and washing machine" he thought to him self. Ryan then set about trying to find out if his room had a any thing like a TV or PC.

Alice supposed she was expected to be grateful, but she only felt spite, anger, and sorrow. None of her friends would be sleeping on a mattress tonight, getting free food, a chance to wash their clothes or take a shower. She felt like a traitor, being here. She should be down there planning which city they were hitting next or fighting off the diseased people who lost their minds at the thought of their inevitable deaths. She should be helping each of them bear the weight of their crushed world on their shoulders. With a huff, Alice sat down on her bed, not bothering to close the door. 'So this is the beginnning of the rest of my life, huh?' Alice looked around, 'I expected it to have more alcohol....'

I was a tad bit busy....))

Oliver nodded "I'll get the code. 6-5-2-4 right?" he asked, double checking before he left.

((It's okay, just curious))

She nodded, looking over to Stellani. "Come here, I need you to hold that corner-" she pointed to the upper left, "and that corner." She pointed to the bottom left. "So that the pressure will stabilize the seal.

Ryan gets tired of looking and switches off the light in his room and goes to sleep. an hour later Ryan wakes up and goes for a stroll to stretch his legs. it all felt a little strange being in space his mind strayed from thinking about this to a little snippet of information he remembered from a documentary on space stations about how that in space you have to keep active otherwise your bones would loose mass over time due to weightlessness.

Last edited by a moderator:
((I am so sorry!! Work is a bitch >.< Forgiveness please?))

Stellani listened carefully as Jae explained the directions; tying the mask behind her head and staying near to Jae in order to hear what was being said - despite the girl's request to move in a quiet and orderly fashion, there was a fair amount of concerned chatter among the nervous crowd as they moved out into the hallway.

"Right" she agreed with a nod, placing a hand on each indicated corner and pressing firmly to keep the seal down as she waited for Jae to continue

((Totally forgiven =D It's okay))

Jae looked to Oliver. "I need you to type in the code, then the door should reseal itself..If not we might be in a lot of trouble." She said, the last part a little quieter.

Olivier nodded, not hearing the last part of what Jae said, quickly putting in the code. "Got it!"

Jae stepped back as a loud hiiiiissssssssssssss filled the room. She crossed her fingers, hoping it would work. She smiled as the green light above the door clicked on. "Bingo! Thanks guys, this will definitely be reported to the captain, I'm sure he'll award you, for now we've got to get you all to your rooms, it's late." She said, still smiling as the emergency doors opened. She took off her mask and helmet, putting the mask in a trash bin in the wall and holding her helmet.

Stellani raised a fist in triumph as the seal formed, and held. She dropped her mask in the basket with Jae's "Thanks" she said, picking up her papers again and checking her room-number. She turned to Oliver as she started walking "So what kind of Mechanics were you studying?" she asked, not being a person fond of silences, Stellani was of the opinion that if you're near a decent person who isn't busy, there's no problem with a little conversation

Jae smiled. "I believe I can trust you to get to your rooms yourself." she said, heading down the now-open hallway and turning towards the rooms, turning on her communicator. "Sir, door is sealed..Yes sir. Stellani and Oliver newcomers, sir. Mechanics as Techie is suggested. Yes sir, Will do. First thing training morning. Understood, good night sir." She opened the door to room 1 and walked in, the walls adorned with her personal pictures. She collapsed on her bed, drifting to sleep fairly quickly.

Oliver grinned "Robotics," he said happily. "So were you like a car mechanic or was it something else?"

In the end, Alice decided to go to sleep, faintly hoping she didn't have any bad dreams. Not that she didn't exoect any. She wasn't on Earth any more, after all. The thought made her feel vunerable, exposed, and targeted. Well, there goes the idea of a good night's sleep. She thought quietly, closing the door, dropping her bag on the floor, and climbing into the bed. It was almost too comfortable to sleep in, since it'd been ages since the last time she'd slept in a proper one. It was dark in the room and was void of the multiple sounds of sleeping friends that Alice had half expected to hear. With a small groan, she buried her head in the soft pillow and tried to forget.

The alarm in Jae's room went off and she sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Good morning." she said to herself, getting up and changing into a trainer's outfit. It was all black with blue stripes down the arms and legs. There was a blue belt which held pretty much everything from a pistol to a medical kit. She looked over to her control panel and turned on the lights of all the recruit's rooms, setting their alarms off as she stepped outside. "Wakey Wakey! Be down in the commons in one hour sharp!" She said, leaving the hall and turning towards the commons herself.

Alice jolted away, almost having a heart attack as the alarm blared. She twisted and fell off of the bed, but soon her panic was replaced by rage. "Screw this!" She snarled angrily, getting back on her feet, "Obviously they've never heard of sleeping in! Or at least the idea of lowering the volume on an unnecessarily loud alarm....." Grumbling, she marched into her bathroom. rubbing head. Why exactly were they all woken up a whole hour before they had to be in this......common room? As if we weren't bored enough, she thought bitterly, examining herself in the mirror.

Jae picked her helmet off of the armory wall. It wasn't regulation for her to check it in every day because it wasn't considered real armour, but she does it anyway. She slid it over her head, hiding her thick hair and her alert eyes. She continued to the common room and greeted the Captain, who was on his way out. "Good morning, sir." She said politely. He nodded, but continued walking.

Oliver was already awake, large bags underneath his eyes. He was in a trainee's outfit, a blue jumpsuit with black stripes along the arms and legs and a pair of black combat boots. He slowly shuffled out of his room smiling to himself as he looked back at the number, forty two.

He eventually made it to the commons, waving to Jae tiredly as he stood off to the side of a group of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan was disturbed from his sleep by his alarm clock which bleeped loudly. Ryan turns of the alarm and gets dressed and heads to the common room which he saw when he went for a stroll down the corridor.

Jae waved back at Jayden. "Morning." She went over to a ladder and climbed up, glancing into the room above.
"All check, Jae." Someone said and she nodded, sliding back down.
"Good." She mumbled to herself, taking a seat at one of the tables and using her helmet to pull up a screen of the ship.