A New Home

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Eventually, Alice leaves her room sighing, wearing the same clothes she did yesterday. They were old and well used, but comfortable; familar. She certainly wasn't going to wear those weird suits everyone else was wearing. Her well-worn jeans, grey t-shirt, black leather jacket, and leather gloves looked much better. She trudged down the hallway, joining the trickle of people grouping together around the lady she saw yesterday.

Jae looked around the group. "Good morning people. Today you sign up for any positions you might want, and you can roam around any room here doesn't say 'Restricted' or 'Code 3, 4, or 5.'" She glanced at her visor. "And anyone who wants to keep their belongings must register them here." She placed a piece of paper on the table.

The days of playing games in my room are long gone, the warm breeze coming through the window as the sun set on a summers day in good old England is nothing now but a distant memory.
Zain sat up on his bed and put his feet on the floor, rubbing his eyes with both hands before stretching "Eeeuuuurghhhhh" he yawned. At the age of 18 about 5"8 with black hair, no facial hair and hazel eyes he stood up. A slender body with no sign of toned muscles. His attire consisted of a plain white shirt, covered by a yellow zip-up hoodie, grey skinny fit jeans and a pair of yellow converse. He survives now solely on peoples charity having lost everything bar himself to the disease, and with that in mind he opened the door and stepped out to the corridor. Greeted by the noise of people congregating towards the same destination, he raised his hood and joined the stream heading to the common room.
Upon arriving at the common room Zain listened and began to consider his options and took note of where to steer clear. A grin of self-pity crossed his face when he heard, he paused for a second to remember her name... Jae mention about people wanting to keep their belongings.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Jae looked around the group and stepped away from the table. She decided to stray from regulation a little, this group seemed promising. "Okay. Anyone who is good with combat, here." She stepped left a little. "Anyone who's more of a medical person, here." She took another step left. "And anyone who's better at engineering here. If you don't fit in any of the categories, you just stay over there by the table." She crossed her arms, smiling beneath her visor. She knew the captain probably wouldn't be too happy, but she would deal with him later.

I have never been the self confident type, and now doesn't feel like the time to start. I am no action man, no background in medicine and no first aid experience, I couldn't even fix the chain on my bike back home so that rules out engineering. The table beckoned. Ill wait until people start to sort into their respective groups, god forbid i take any initiative or be first to the table.
Zain waited where he was, looking down keeping to himself.

Jae then remembered she forgot something. "Oh, and anyone who's willing to be a trainer in training, come over by me. I'm going to take my first trainee today, because I could use a helper. And don't think that means you need to be special, you just need to be able to follow directions." She said, glancing over the group. She recognized a few from the day before, but half of them were unfamiliar because none of them had spoke to her. "Don't be shy people, this is your one chance to do something other than sit around. You can help." She remembered when she first joined. She wanted to be a combatant, but ended up failing the final test, unable to kill her target. Instead she was set up with this position, one they created for her, because they had no trainer. She'd never thought of having a trainee until the crew of the ship thinned out, not having any new recruit for so long, so she was willing to train another to keep the ship on it' best.

Alice looked about, her eyes cold. She certainly wasn't the medic type. Sure, she could do the basics, but she didn't like hurting people in pain, even if it was to help them. She didn't know anything about engineering, so that was out, too. Combat? She could do that. She could fight, survive, even kill, but she wasn't sure she'd do it willingly. I mean, why did they need people like that anyway? Wasn't this place supposed to be safe or something? Guess they didn't know the meaning of the word when they were thinking of how to describe the station. However, seeing as it was the only thing she could do, Alice didn't see what other choice she had.

Oh wait, there was one, she could do nothing! It sounded pretty good to her. 'Do nothing unless you have to, don't waste energy', that was her survival motto to the gang after all. Alice mentally winced. Well, maybe it'd be better to have something to do other than think. She moved towards the indicated table. She really hoped that lady didn't think Alice would actually take the time to register everything she brought with her. It was none of her, or anyone elses', business.

Zain slowly began to drift towards the table, making sure his arrival wasn't noticeable, this approach would avoid anyone pretending to want to know his name and be friends. He smirks to himself,
How arrogant, here I am assuming people would want to befriend me anyway, this room is definitely too crowded.
"I'm going to take my first trainee today, because I could use a helper. And don't think that means you need to be special, you just need to be able to follow directions."
Zain paused briefly, looking at but not focusing on Jae.
I certainly am not special so I guess I fit one criteria, and working with this girl does sounds appealing. How does she manage to be so approachable, yet keep a sense of authority...
He shrugs and focuses on his already colossal task of joining the table group.

Jae glanced at Alice, then back at the group. "Come one. There's got to be someone who can do something. Our last group, everyone chose something. No one wanted to spend their time siting around."

Oliver looked at all the tables frowning slightly. He had already drifted off to the engineer table, it was really the only thing he could do. It was a miracle he survived on earth considering he couldn't stand blood, quickly eliminating combat and medical. Either way technology is his specialty.
He watched Alice tilting his head to the side, "Huh, you'd think she doesn't even want to be here....' he thought. He then looked over at Zayn raising an eyebrow 'And he definitely doesn't seem to be very confident.... Brave, possibly, but most certainly not confident......'

Jae smiled at Oliver and waited another minute or two before continuing. "Okay. Well, if anyone changes their mind, you may let me know in 3 days. For now, you are all free to do whatever, chat, roam around, meet the other members, so on." She picked up a piece of paper and turned to Oliver. "I need you to sign this please, then I'll take you to meet Jack, your teacher, Jack." She said, holding out a sheet of paper.

This is the application form for an engineer. By signing this form, you agree that you are willing to do any jobs around the Venus 01 02 spacecraft. You will be trained by Jack the engineer, the best today. If you do not fit the requirements for the position, you will be put in a different job by Jae . Sign: ________________________________________ Thank you. Welcome to the internal organs of Venus 01 02, engineer trainee.

Oliver quickly read over the form, his previous frown turning into a smile "Sounds good," he said as he grabbed a pen from the table signing his name at the bottom. It very sloppy, but still readable if you really concentrated.

Jae nodded and picked up the paper. She put it on her clipboard and spoke something quietly in her mic, then nodded again. "Jack will be here in about two minutes, he's fixing a broken room door." She smiled and turned to the others. "So that's pretty much it. If you need anything at all, ask me."

No-one for the special position ? The very thought of it surprised Zain, having observed Jae it was very clear she wanted Alice, who seemed too caught up in what he imagined to be a thought process far different to his own. The facial expressions she has shown thus far suggested a very self-centred malicious type. I would do well to avoid her, but at the same time it may be best to keep a slight eye on her.
*He moves over to the wall near the table, close enough to be associated with it, yet far enough to go unnoticed, or at least seem distant enough to be too far to greet.*
A pastime he has developed to make up for his lack of social skills, Reading people.
Oliver, seemed friendly enough, it didn't take him long to pick his table, I'm guessing he quickly cut loose the unrealistic options, perhaps quietly confident in his skills as a techy?
Jae, a genuinely innocent and friendly figure, no matter which way I look at it, I cant sense any hidden motives, she is so kind towards this new group of people she barely knows, at such a young age she takes command with convincing prowess, perhaps a difficult past? one way or another, she has clearly hardened a resolve stronger than anyone here.
*He leans keeping a low profile, a little grin on his face as he enjoys himself.*

Alice wasn't exactly known for her patience, other than in a life or death situation, and she had to try hard to supress her urge for movement. She wondered about the different situations everyone here must have come from and the things they'd done to survive. She wondered how bad she was compared to them. She guessed it didn't matter any more, but she wanted to know. She knew that someone's true self came out when things went wrong and it'd be nice to know who was sane in this place.

Oliver sat down in the ground cross cross, leaning back against the wall as he watched everybody else get situated. He kept am eye on Zain, trying his head to the side as he started starting obviously not realizing it.

Exactly two minutes later a man walked in. He was wearing a navy blue shock-proof jacket and a light blue t-shirt with a pair of what looked like jeans, but they were shock-proof pants. He had a utility belt on with a weird looking drill, several closed pocket filled with small parts, and a pair of gloves in his left hand. He pushed a visor on top of his head and the green light on the side went out. He walked straight over to Jae and Oliver, his sandy blonde hair spiked a little and his green eyes scanning Oliver. "So this is the new engineer?" His voice was a little hoarse and gravelly, but he was smiling.
Jae nodded. "Yep, and a good one at that."
Jack raised and eyebrow at Jae as he held out a hand to Oliver. "Hey, I'm Jack. You must be Oliver."

Oliver smiled back at Oliver "That I would be, nice to meet you." He shook Jack's hand, looking him up and down 'Well he seems like he knows what he's doing. Definitely been at it for a long time.'

Jack nods. "Good. So, any questions first?" He asked.
Jae smiled and went off towards one of the windows, taking a deep breath. She loved the view, and no one had approached her yet, so she was quite unsure of what to do now

((NEW OOC: http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/new-home-ooc.30881/ Thanks!))

Last edited by a moderator:
"What exactly are we supposed to do now?" Alice muttered, annoyed, "It's obvious no one else wants to step up. Not that you can blame them. They're probably just glad they're safe." She didn't like the idea of being a soldier in a place without fighting. It meant endless patroling, stupid rules and regulations, not to mention having to take orders from people you don't even know let alone respect.