Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Weekdays 3:00 pm - 9:00 Pm Weekends EVERYTHING !~!~!
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modarn Fantasy, Magical, Scifi

A New Earth is Born
The world died young, only a few decades after our time. We had quantum computers, great medicine, but the world was divided into two orders. Magic was discovered by plucky scientists and the nations used the newly discovered resource to make magical weapons. The world was on a timer to end, it was a cold war between the two sides. A great war occurred over the newfound power of magic and the consumption of resources. Atomic bombs fell to the earth and destroyed the monuments of civilization. Through the rifts in time, the magic created eldritch and fanciful beasts creatures that haunt the living to this day.

The world was dead and the world fell into a dark age of violence and chaos made by the emergence of magic.

After millions of years, Humans diverged into diverged into distinct species; some of magic others of tribal prowess. Magical creatures of the rifts evolved into humanoid beings adapted to human life. No one knew about earth's true past anymore, it was void, it was a new age of magic and swords. Remnants of the past could still be found however, people used these relics with great care and many conflicts have started over raiding the vaults of old electrics. Things lingered in the world, those who used what they found, explored the wonders of the Internet; still alive by the strangeness of quantum powers or maybe even odd magics.

This is your world now. Who will you be?

Cocos are a common tribal race who are often associated the hunt. Their tribal nature leaves the more civilized folk like the Herion and the Elves baffled. They are large then human now are and stronger too. They often are accompanied by an animal or other Coco companions. These companions can range from magic beasts to mutated mounts with wings. Due to these characters and the Coco's affinity for them the conflict between Coco tribes of the north and the others are often done with the beasts. Coco tribes and clans of beasts are structured similar and are sometimes integrated with each other.

Herion are the more developed and technologically advanced of all the races. They are familiar with the use of old technology and making new ones. The ones you will sea in the east often come from the west seeking treasure of old forbidden cities. Herions are often seen as stuck up and rude by other races. This race bares a purple complexion, and sometimes bare small black wings that are incapable of flight. Herion homelands are located in the west and are located around the soaked city of San Fransisco. Unlike other races, the Herion do not fear the cities as forbid places of the gods. Most understand the concept of tradition but are unaware of how its really there. Most Herions have a naturally atheist culture, but some that travel have started to worship the gods.

Elves are the most common race and the closest to modern humans. Somethings called Fae, these magically adept humanoids lives along the east coast in tribes of Cocos or in small villages or city-state. Independent Elf clans and city state are ruled by powerful wizards and witches or are headed by a coven. They practice magic religiously in some places and few it as the essence of the Gods. Tildora is probably the most well-known city in the Elven homelands, it is under the direct rule of the gods and is often visited by them. Elves see themselves as the purest children of the gods, some who take this to high degree saying at others are impure.

Hoysu are like the Harion in complexion but bare horns of a forgotten past. These folk come directly across the Pacific Ocean from the remains of China as refugees. Hoysu have a rather short lifespan of around 20 years. However they mature and grow up fast then their offspring inherit memories the same as genes. Culturally depending on the specific family the offspring will either continue the life of the father or the mother. In Central America, it is not uncommon that whole families only marry them with themselves to keep the families memory untainted by outside influence. Hoysu have a diverse array of culture that they follow. Some our nomadic who travel who North America continuing their live as they do, others stay in cities and keep to themselves.

5ki4IV8.png

Last edited:
Whoop if I'm not too late I may be interested (okay perhaps a bit more than just 'maybe' I ADORE these kinds of settings) but I have a few questions that are making me hesitant: If most of the races keep to themselves and such, what exactly would gather everyone in that one particular spot, like how would someone from the west know about this treasure hunt? Would it be worth it to cross the country for it or is there magic travel? And then there is the entire concept of Hoysu and while I'm sure it's unintentional it kind of comes off as a bit culturally insensitive, at least in my opinion? It just kind of seems a bit... Off that the one race specifically mentioned as being from China have a shorter life span and a noted inbreeding problem. Which brings me to the more practical issue of how someone would go about rping as a Hoysu character like you mention they age quickly but what would be the "adult" equivalent age? If this rp ends up having timeskips for whatever reason what happens then? Would you be forced to marry off your character and then rp as their child? What if they married outside of their race, are hybrids a thing? What happens then?

And, while not important in any way shape or form this is just Plain Old Curiosity: whats going on in the rest of the world? Did people and wildlife evolve differently on different continents? Or did everything get nuked except for North America for some odd reason? Is it at all possible for people in closer continents like South America or the islands of Oceania somehow contact folks in North America?

I'm still interested. I definitely cannot post daily but since marching band isn't eating up my time any more I should be able to around two or three times a week.

Whoop if I'm not too late I may be interested (okay perhaps a bit more than just 'maybe' I ADORE these kinds of settings) but I have a few questions that are making me hesitant: If most of the races keep to themselves and such, what exactly would gather everyone in that one particular spot, like how would someone from the west know about this treasure hunt? Would it be worth it to cross the country for it or is there magic travel? And then there is the entire concept of Hoysu and while I'm sure it's unintentional it kind of comes off as a bit culturally insensitive, at least in my opinion? It just kind of seems a bit... Off that the one race specifically mentioned as being from China have a shorter life span and a noted inbreeding problem. Which brings me to the more practical issue of how someone would go about rping as a Hoysu character like you mention they age quickly but what would be the "adult" equivalent age? If this rp ends up having timeskips for whatever reason what happens then? Would you be forced to marry off your character and then rp as their child? What if they married outside of their race, are hybrids a thing? What happens then?

And, while not important in any way shape or form this is just Plain Old Curiosity: whats going on in the rest of the world? Did people and wildlife evolve differently on different continents? Or did everything get nuked except for North America for some odd reason? Is it at all possible for people in closer continents like South America or the islands of Oceania somehow contact folks in North America?
I understand your concern about the cultural insensitivity. Keep in mind however this is 12 or so million years in the future and the Chinese ethnicity probably doesn't exist anymore. With the inbreeding I understand your problem with that. I added that as a detail as people were asking for more, we can take it out but really it's only a custom of certain groups not all Hoysu are like this. There already has been 4-5 generations on what was North America of the Hoysu, so technically they aren't Chinese anymore. I hope that solves any problems you had.

Hoysu live for 20-30 years they muture fully at age 10 and live in a young state for 10 years then become what would be elderly. However the plan I had here will also t most only take a few years so the possibility of the Hoysu dying from natural causes.

I will reply more when I get home.

The rest of the world is like North America, major cities were bombed and magical beasts caused chaos. Yah other people would evolute differently in other continents, I would image Europe having more aquatic races with the Mediterranean. No everyone got nuked, it was just major cities and stuff, even if you didn't get nuked you still have to deal with the emergence of magic. About contact with South America and Oceania. That is very possible yes, with some plot idea I had there were actually raiders across the pacific raiding the coasts of Herion. With the isthmus between N. and S. America gone it will stop some communicate bu trade is still very good between them. I just have not developed along of the South American stuff since we will be focusing in the Great Lakes and East Coast region. Or what remains of it.

@Neko_Green I don't mean culturally insensitive within the world itself, I mean it from an outside perspective. Yes after millions of years of evolution they aren't even Humans proper anymore, but the fact is the only group that has a specific ethnicity placed on them are originally from China also happens to arguably the weakest of the races. Do you see how that is troubling? It's more of what that thought implies about the person (or people) crafting the story than what it means in the story itself.
America is wonderfully multicultural! You could have easily have made Herion Hispanic (Mexican/Latin American), Elves Native American, and Cocos white (though, arguably given the geography of North America the only folks who would be white after millions of years would be like cave/under-ground people because of the sunlight but thats neither here nor there), but you kept all of those ambiguous except for the "weak" one. It's fine if you don't quite understand right away, it's an issue that many people have a hard time grasping.
Also, I'm not saying the answer is to slap a real-world ethnicity onto these races, actually I'm thinking the opposite. Like you said it's been millions of years (and actually far more than 4 or 5 generations, a generation is only 25ish years) beings change and evolve! There is no need to tack a specific ethnicity on them, saying that they "decided to flee from their homeland" should be enough to get the idea across without getting into any sticky territory. Like, why is it important to specify where that homeland was, if all these years in the future they are so fundamentally different they aren't the same anymore?

And you missed a couple of my questions, but they probably got overlooked with all that Heavy Stuff:
What is transportation like? As in, is there a fast way to move across the country? You say you want to keep the rp in the Great Lakes area but also that many of the races kind of keep to themselves. If I make a character from the West would they have to have been living in the East for a long time prior to the start of the rp, or could they have just traveled on over there for the sake of this adventure?
Still curious if hybrids are a thing. If they are how do different cultures handle this?

I'd be interested in this.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you don't like the Hoysu, it's simple don't RP them. We will be changing up a lot of the stuff and for when we make the OOC and signup. Not anything mayor, just descriptions and fixing things for stuff. There will be a new race the Robots, details will be released later.

What your other questions. Transport ion is mostly don't by boat to east to west since the flooding made it easier. It's rather hard to get from west to east by land since your have a lot of different tribes with language most don't understand.

Horse or other mounts are the fastest why to move across land. People don't really understand cars or stuff, like you might though it's pretty rare might find a car in the city, it's basically useless since it's probably just a decaying frame with most of the stuff striped inside of it.

The Great Lakes area is rther populated about the same on the west. The water isn't nessarily the cleanest since you have cities like Buffalo, Green Bay, Chicago, and others around it there are a lot of dead zones of radiation. Herions are common in cities here like Tildora I mentioned, but it's not like your not going to see them at all, they are just a little uncommon.

Hybrids might be possible, Elves and Coco get along together triples so I could see them mixing together in some cases. I wouldn't rule it out I would have to talk to some of the people behind this like @Wynter and @Munchlax

We are closed for anymore people. @Sasha Bliss you We already have enough people sorry.

@Neko_Green I think you misunderstand. I don't feel comfortable in a rp with such an uncomfortable premise for a race at all. While I do enjoy the setting and I even had some character ideas lined out, if you aren't going to take what I say in consideration I'm going to have to pass.

@Neko_Green I think you misunderstand. I don't feel comfortable in a rp with such an uncomfortable premise for a race at all. While I do enjoy the setting and I even had some character ideas lined out, if you aren't going to take what I say in consideration I'm going to have to pass.
Yah. Well cya then.

*Comes out from a dark corner * Does this mean there is an open spot or are you leaving it closed for now?

*Comes out from a dark corner * Does this mean there is an open spot or are you leaving it closed for now?
I was looking for having fewer people, but yah you can jump in. I will try and get it done by the end of the week all of this stuff. I might not change the races since she left now. I might add some though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Stormi
Oh btw, where can we discuss this like, can we create a convo or do you guys have discords?

I have no clue what discord is, but I can always make an account or something

I have no clue what discord is, but I can always make an account or something
My discord is Neko_Green#9851 I think. I am making the OOC now. I will it in a bit.

Reactions: Cats
Status
Not open for further replies.