Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Weekdays 3:00 pm - 9:00 Pm Weekends EVERYTHING !~!~!
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modarn Fantasy, Magical, Scifi

A New Earth is Born
The world died young, only a few decades after our time. We had quantum computers, great medicine, but the world was divided into two orders. Magic was discovered by plucky scientists and the nations used the newly discovered resource to make magical weapons. The world was on a timer to end, it was a cold war between the two sides. A great war occurred over the newfound power of magic and the consumption of resources. Atomic bombs fell to the earth and destroyed the monuments of civilization. Through the rifts in time, the magic created eldritch and fanciful beasts creatures that haunt the living to this day.

The world was dead and the world fell into a dark age of violence and chaos made by the emergence of magic.

After millions of years, Humans diverged into diverged into distinct species; some of magic others of tribal prowess. Magical creatures of the rifts evolved into humanoid beings adapted to human life. No one knew about earth's true past anymore, it was void, it was a new age of magic and swords. Remnants of the past could still be found however, people used these relics with great care and many conflicts have started over raiding the vaults of old electrics. Things lingered in the world, those who used what they found, explored the wonders of the Internet; still alive by the strangeness of quantum powers or maybe even odd magics.

This is your world now. Who will you be?

Cocos are a common tribal race who are often associated the hunt. Their tribal nature leaves the more civilized folk like the Herion and the Elves baffled. They are large then human now are and stronger too. They often are accompanied by an animal or other Coco companions. These companions can range from magic beasts to mutated mounts with wings. Due to these characters and the Coco's affinity for them the conflict between Coco tribes of the north and the others are often done with the beasts. Coco tribes and clans of beasts are structured similar and are sometimes integrated with each other.

Herion are the more developed and technologically advanced of all the races. They are familiar with the use of old technology and making new ones. The ones you will sea in the east often come from the west seeking treasure of old forbidden cities. Herions are often seen as stuck up and rude by other races. This race bares a purple complexion, and sometimes bare small black wings that are incapable of flight. Herion homelands are located in the west and are located around the soaked city of San Fransisco. Unlike other races, the Herion do not fear the cities as forbid places of the gods. Most understand the concept of tradition but are unaware of how its really there. Most Herions have a naturally atheist culture, but some that travel have started to worship the gods.

Elves are the most common race and the closest to modern humans. Somethings called Fae, these magically adept humanoids lives along the east coast in tribes of Cocos or in small villages or city-state. Independent Elf clans and city state are ruled by powerful wizards and witches or are headed by a coven. They practice magic religiously in some places and few it as the essence of the Gods. Tildora is probably the most well-known city in the Elven homelands, it is under the direct rule of the gods and is often visited by them. Elves see themselves as the purest children of the gods, some who take this to high degree saying at others are impure.

Hoysu are like the Harion in complexion but bare horns of a forgotten past. These folk come directly across the Pacific Ocean from the remains of China as refugees. Hoysu have a rather short lifespan of around 20 years. However they mature and grow up fast then their offspring inherit memories the same as genes. Culturally depending on the specific family the offspring will either continue the life of the father or the mother. In Central America, it is not uncommon that whole families only marry them with themselves to keep the families memory untainted by outside influence. Hoysu have a diverse array of culture that they follow. Some our nomadic who travel who North America continuing their live as they do, others stay in cities and keep to themselves.

5ki4IV8.png

Last edited:
Questions
If you have any questions please ask I have most if not all of the background info already made. I have a general plot outline, but some of if still needs to be sorted out. Any questions at all about the setting or races or general OOC stuff is fine.

I changed the title to see if I can get more people interested.

Anyone still interested?

Here is some info as on Races of the world.

Cocos are a common tribal race who are often associated the hunt. Their tribal nature leaves the more civilized folk like the Herion and the Elves baffled. They are large then hunan now are and stronger too. They often are accompanied by animal or other Coco companions.

Herion are the more developed and technologically advanced of all the races. They are familiar with the use of old technology and making new ones. The ones you will sea in the east often come from the west seeking treasure of old forbidden cities. Herions are often seen as stuck up and rude by other races. This race bares a purple complexion.

Elves are the most common race and the closest to modern humans. Somethings called Fae, these magically adept humanoids lives along the east coast in tribes of Cocos or in small villages or city-state.

Hoysu are like the Harion in complexion but bare horns of a forgotten past. These folk come directly across the Pacific Ocean from the remains of China as refugees. Hoysu have a rather short lifespan of around 20 years. However they mature and grow up fast then there offspring inherit memories the same as genes

I am interested, but I would also like more information on the races. Just little things, anything really. Unless there is supposed to be so little on them. Can I also get more on the world too? I get that its earth but what is different?

I am interested, but I would also like more information on the races. Just little things, anything really. Unless there is supposed to be so little on them. Can I also get more on the world too? I get that its earth but what is different?
Yah totally I just have to get home.

I updated the map and more race stuff. I if we get more people I will add some more info on the specifics. It's basically a flooded earth because n 12-16 million years much wouldn't really change. There is also this organization called the Cypher which is like the Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout, but they like to solve the cyphers of the this things, which I haven't mentioned yet here is a bit about the 376.

As I stated before, the internet exists in the world. From either the power of quantum computers or maybe magic, servers are still up and communicating with each other. The 376 is the center of all current communication. Individuals who find these electronics and get them working again through exploration of the internet can find old websites of a forgotten past, those in a deep forgotten language hinting at a dark past. The 376 was a quirky site in it's time it was simplistic and easy to use and was basically a unmoderated forum. Because of its easy to use aesthetic the people of know where able to figure out how to use it and this website as become and very popular to use. Unfortunately government don't really like people using it since it defies their rule in some cases.

I haven't thought about it but since it would use a modern keyboard, it would be rather difficult to learn how to use it on your own it would take years to probably figure out what each thing does on any interface. When communicating on the 376 they would have to adapt to the symbols on there that look like theirs, which probably wouldn't happen 12 million years in a long time. We could change it so that its like snap chat or a video sharing surface. I like the idea though of a underground language based very loosely on what they found on the remaining bits of the internet.

I should probably tell you the plot so that you can start thinking up characters.

Basically you are under the hire of a Tildora Merchant, who wants you to go to the ruins of some old city in a far-off tribal land (New York). This place is forbid by the Gods, but he has assigned you to go here and find items of value, electronics, metals, gadgets, anything of worth. The whole plot will take off from there.

I suppose I'll join... although combined with school I'm not sure how often I will be able to post if this does take off. Count me in nonetheless.

I do need some help planning out a rough plot line, I'm hoping to plan it out non-linear one obviously. A Co-Gm would be great.

I'm really interested in the plot, the problem is, I don't really have enough time to post daily or such, at most I can do is once a week or something. Are you guys willing to make this RP if ever pushed be a weekly thing? Also I really do want to know more about the world, like is there a Central City where every race interact with each other? Really interested in this :)

Yah. The clostest thing to a central city is Tildora where the supposed gods live. We can totally do weekly or 2-3 times a week. It depends on how the others feel.

I'm really interested in the plot, the problem is, I don't really have enough time to post daily or such, at most I can do is once a week or something. Are you guys willing to make this RP if ever pushed be a weekly thing? Also I really do want to know more about the world, like is there a Central City where every race interact with each other? Really interested in this :)
I also plan on making a race homeland or native lands map. And explaining a bit more about how people go about living as well as the organization of Cypher. You guys who are interested are free to make suggestions and input with me and @Wynter

Still interested, I could probably try to post twice a week, so are we going to pursue this? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.