A moment of silence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Also it just dawned on me, what exactly was it about Iwaku that led RPGuild people here?
I mean I just followed other people afterwards, but what caused the original person to go "Let's go to Iwaku rather than elsewhere"?).
I remember there being a person or two that claimed RPG was dead and that Iwaku was the new site to be on, which is how I found out it existed. Of course, I have no idea who the first person to start the Iwaku trend was.

Excellent, new disciples to add to my flock.
I shall be their shepherd. :3

(Also it just dawned on me, what exactly was it about Iwaku that led RPGuild people here?
I mean I just followed other people afterwards, but what caused the original person to go "Let's go to Iwaku rather than elsewhere"?).

... That really doesn't sound like a fun, caring or accepting community being honest.

I came here with another person from RPGuild mainly as a joke. We called it Project Lazarus. We intended to get people from here to go to RPGuild. I just stuck around.

I came here with another person from RPGuild mainly as a joke. We called it Project Lazarus. We intended to get people from here to go to RPGuild. I just stuck around.

Cute.

>> Carpe didn't have 90K more like 1.9K

There's tons of RP sites out there, and none are better than the others there's something out there for everyone or else none of y'all would be here.

Its sad. Seems like it grew too big too fast for inexperienced admins to handle. I know of a site that's been around for about five years with just as many members, all the staff there are busy adults but still run the site just fine. /shrugs/ but I rarely have time for anything anymore. I can't imagine running a busy site like this one or those out there. At least they gave it a go right?

Reactions: Paranormal Pink
Its sad. Seems like it grew too big too fast for inexperienced admins to handle. I know of a site that's been around for about five years with just as many members, all the staff there are busy adults but still run the site just fine. /shrugs/ but I rarely have time for anything anymore. I can't imagine running a busy site like this one or those out there. At least they gave it a go right?
Shit happens. I came here a year ago (from a place called RPG as some others have mentioned) and took my RP's with me, and that triggered a "great migration" of sorts that had some odd total of 70+ people fleeing over. The thing to remember is that life goes on, the sun continues to shine, and one day, everything you have ever known, loved, hated, or merely witnessed will succumb to the end of the universe. In short: We're all going to die, and everything we've ever made will decay into nothingness at some point.

So enjoy it while it lasts. You can't go home again, even if it's still there--it's moved on without you, and you've moved on without it.

Welcome to Iwaku. Make yourself comfy, make a few memories, have some fun while we're all here. If you need some cookies, look in aisle 3. :ferret:

Very true Wise man. :3 I just tend to enjoy life in the moment. If something dies, it dies. You can't stop it. There's thousands of rp sites out there. A home for even the loneliest of roleplayer.

I'm of the thought that there's so many options that when one site closes there's many more out there that will take in "refugee members", all it takes is time ^^

Good sites are so hard to come by :) But when you find it, make it your home

Reactions: Izurich
Eh. I can't really be upset that Carpe Corde is shutting down. I made a few friends over there, one of which found this site and suggested I join (shoutout to my homegirl Butterfly) but other than that.. eh? Atmosphere of the site wasn't too friendly. Wasn't welcomed very well when I joined, which will always put me off. Staff seemed very anti-underage anything, despite an underage members NOT being involved in any sort of sexual explicit roleplaying. I mean, how does one play a mother with no children around? Not the kind of mother I wanna play.

So yeah. Meh. Still peeking around sites, thought I'd give Iwaku a go whilst adding my opinion on CC.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
  • Love
Reactions: K3l
MOHAHHAHHA we made the traitor one of us :devil:

I remember there being a person or two that claimed RPG was dead and that Iwaku was the new site to be on, which is how I found out it existed. Of course, I have no idea who the first person to start the Iwaku trend was.
Though I'm wondering what made that person choose Iwaku over any other site.
I mean I'm not mad at the choice at all, I'm just curious as to the process that ended up having Iwaku win.
So...

Cerberus = RP Guild
Alliance = Iwaku
You = Shepard
Illusive Man = Mahz

Reactions: Sadrain and Peaches
I WAS ONCE A MIGRATOR TOO AND NOW I AM AN ADMIN! 8D -points fingers around- One of you could be... THE FUTURE.

When I was invited to Iwaku, I was attracted to the personalities. O____O All the hot blooded dudes reminded me what I really loved about roleplaying and communities, but had forgotten in a haze of self inflicted elitism. T______T Everything was FUN again! So when I closed my community, Iwaku was where I hung out when I wasn't hiding on a private forum. >>

I WAS ONCE A MIGRATOR TOO AND NOW I AM AN ADMIN! 8D -points fingers around- One of you could be... THE FUTURE.

Damn it Diana, you weren't supposed to let people know this was possible. Now I'll have competition. :<

Damn it Diana, you weren't supposed to let people know this was possible. Now I'll have competition. :<
Competition is good for you, now you get to earn it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.