A Model Relationship

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That would be nice. Though I'm not sure I want to head out of the country. I mean, I think maybe a trip to Cali would be nice." She said as she sat at the table after placing the meal on the table.

After getting dinner started with Jared's help, she was happily sharing it with as the two of the sat there together in his apartment. Though she wasn't sure if leaving the country was a trip she wanted to do on such a short holiday. Something like California sounded a bit more fun anyway, going to a beach and then maybe a fancy dinner on the coast. It would be a nice change from the cold east shore here.

"Of course, if you'd rather not that's fine. I'll gladly do anything with you, Jared."

"Hmmm then I'll see how it goes..." Jared said enigmatically. He wasn't sure what he was going to do but he wanted to surprise her a bit so he kept his lips locked.

FEW WEEKS LATER ...

They two had hopped onto a private jet and Kristin had luckily finished all her shoots. Jared on the other hand was as free as usual. No one knew what he did actually, not even his parents. Probably the only person who would know would be his secretary who spent more time working rather than letting things loose. In all honestly, Jared hadn't ever really wanted to become a CEO of one of the greatest fashion companies. Nope, originally, he actually wanted to go for directing and movie production. It was more exciting and plus script writing and watching the magic of the camera occur was amazing in his opinion.

And so the two were on the comfy jet, enjoying the ride. By the time it was three in the after noon, they had arrived. Jared had listened and decided to go along with what Kristin had originally wanted. And so they stepped out of the plane down into the warm, California temperature. It would be Valentines day tomorrow and well Jared had a few things up his sleeve that he didn't want to spoil. He just hoped that the two could enjoy themselves tonight and tomorrow.

"Voici mademoiselle, we're here in the sunshine state." He said with a smile.

"I thought we might go to the beach a little later but I don't think we have enough time... Any ideas on mind?" He said wistfully.

Kristin spent most of the plane ride sleeping, if only because she was so worn out from the photo shoots up to this trip. It was like cramming two months into a week, it never ended! On top of all of that, she found herself a little nervous. Jared had kept a lot of this hush hush and she wasn't really certain on what they would be doing. She knew they were going to Cali though, he told her that at least. Still, with so little information she wondered if maybe he was planning on giving her something. She felt bad, she had only gotten him some cuff links. Granted, they were very nice and expensive cuff links but still...Jared could easily out do what she got him with the blink of an eye.

Upon arrival, she yawned and smiled, feeling so much more relaxed in the warmth of the sun shine state. Who wouldn't feel this way? On top of that, she had slept enough to be able to go for the rest of the weekend no problem! Of course, that would be pushing things a bit too hard, even for her. Giggling a bit at her boyfriend as they walked out of the plane and into the sun, she rolled her eyes at his terrible impression before speaking.

"I don't have much in mind, though I'd love to go some sight seeing and maybe some shopping. Nothing too crazy for now. Besides, shouldn't we check into a hotel first before we do anything else? Wouldn't want to carry my suitcase around the whole city!" She added with a sweet laugh.

And whatever Kristin advised, Jared listened. For the next few days, the two were happily together. But on the last day of the trip, Jared decided to finally say something that had been bothering him lately. So that's what he did. While the two were at a fancy restaurant that bordered the ocean, he spilled. The usual smile on his face had faded and his eyes were cloudy.

"I know I should have told you earlier but ... I'm planning on resigning and taking a job in Canada. Fashion hasn't really been my interest and I got the company thanks to my great aunt. It's only for six months but I'm going to be doing some side directing for a film there. ... I know it might be foolish for me to give up my position but I feel like it's an opportunity to do what I really want to."

Jared was silent but he hoped she would understand. Six months, and then he would be back in New York hoping that he would be able to get some job openings.

(You can time skip to six months later ... :) )

The trip had been lovely, the two of the always together and enjoying each other's company. There was no better way to spend time with a loved one in Kristin's opinion. Of course, when the last day came, she assumed that thing would return to normal, each going back to their respective job. However, Jared surprised her with a change of events, announcing that he'd be gone for 6 months in Canada doing film work. It certainly wasn't something she expected but she would always support him.

"Then go do it." She said to him with a smile. "If this is what you wish to do then I'm here for you. I'll just keep working at the company and wait for you until you return. Promise. Besides, I agree that maybe fashion was never meant for you." She finished with a happy laugh. "Just promise to come back as soon as you're done..."

Time had seemed to stand still with Jared gone, though Kristin kept busy with modeling and shoots. It still didn't make the time after work go any faster though. She didn't really go out much either, maybe for the occasional after work drink but not much else. What was the point when her boyfriend was away? Of course, he'd be coming back today, and she would be there to pick him up at the air port. She was already holding a sigh with is name and a box of his favorite chocolates from the shop they visited on one of their many dates. Hopefully he wouldn't be to tired to go out to dinner, maybe have a drink at her apartment at least...She had missed him soo much!

It had been six months and it was like a roller coaster ride. He learned a lot from his first time filming and it was all just so amazing. The backstage hands and the unique actors and actresses, like magic was in the air. Though he had to admit, it was a little lonely without Kristin. Sure he met some cool people but he couldn't get his mind off of his girlfriend. Now that he was coming back home, he could finally hold her, hug her and kiss her. As for his job, he had luckily been offered another filming agency in New York and the company was quite famed too.

By the time the plane had arrived, he did his best to hurry out. He scanned the horizon looking for her familiar face and soon enough found her. He noticed that she was looking in another direction and smoothly, he decided to surprise her with a unpredictable kiss.

"Hey I've missed you..." Jared said softly as he parted from her.

"Jared!" She said happily after he surprised her with the kiss.

Holding him she pulled back a bit and handed him the chocolates while smiling. She was so glad to see him home again. She missed him so much and it meant the world to her to be with her boyfriend once more. Looking up at him, she giggled a bit before she took his arm gently, leaning into him a bit as she spoke softly.

"So, do you want to go out for dinner? Or maybe just go have a drink? I'm fine with anything you'd like to do." She said to him sweetly.

"Anything... really, I don't mind." Jared said, honestly he didn't. So long as he was with Kristin he was happy.

And so thats exactly how the two ended up in a restaurant at six in the evening. Everything was quiet and the familiar sounds of new york city greeted his ears yet again. Jared had little appetite since he was busy talking about all the things he had saw in Toronto and the people he met. Though despite it all, he was still glad to be back 'home' with Kristin. Their relationship was reaching a milestone and he had no idea what to do next. This was his first ever serious relationship and well ... he wished there was a tutorial or book on what to do next.

"So, how have you been?" He said with a playful grin, curious about her activities since he had been gone.

"Me? Oh it's the usual for me. I worked a bunch of shoots and fashion shows, posed for advertisements and just generally went about my life as a model. Though, It was rather boring without you around, I'll admit. Going to parties without you just isn't the same as it used to be." She said with a soft smile.

Now at a restaurant and relaxing with each other, Kristin was so happy to be with Jared. She had missed him so much and just being at dinner with him made it feel as if everything would return to normal. Of course, Jared would be in a different line of work this time around, Kristin still felt that with him here in New York, everything was just fine. Still, now that he was back, she wondered where their relationship would go. After all, they had been dating for quite some time now and she wasn't exactly sure where it would be taken. Though, Kristin was content where it was, she didn't feel the need to put pressure on it...But this certainly was the longest relationship she ever had with anyone before. It must have meant something!

"Oh that reminds me, my mother is arranging some special party for my fathers birthday. I would like you to come with me... If you want." Jared said, a sly smile appeared faintly.

He knew that it was unusual for his mother to arrange parties, especially elaborate ones for his father. The two were sure content with each other, but in truth, their marriage wasn't that special. It was arranged after all, they were fairly happy and content. He had his suspicions but he might as well go since his father rarely attended parties. Though he knew his brother would be present and well, he planned on keeping close by Kristin the whole time. For some reason, his brother seemed to disprove of her. ... which was weird since every other girl he had hooked up with, the guy was welcoming.

"By the way, what's your favorite color? Don't ask me why." Jared said with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"You know I'll go anywhere you'd like to to Jared, and if it's a family party then I should go. After all, the last time I wasn't near you you were tense the whole time, and it was at your grandmother's birthday party for goodness sake! No, I'll be there, just tell me the dress code and I'll make sure to look my best just for you." She said with a kind smile as she reached out to rest her hand on top of his.

Blinking a bit as he asked her about her favorite color, she had to think on it. She was a fashion model, having a favorite color was like picking your favorite child, impossible! Of course, if she did have to pick one that she liked the most out of all the colors, she would have to pick a green of some type, as for the shade she wasn't all that certain. "Green, I suppose. I mean, I do come from a farm family after all and I do love gardening...So green it is." Kristin said before giving a small laugh.

Jared nodded, and so, the two spent the rest of their time eating and enjoying each other's company. Within a few days... Jared was back at the familiar house of Kristins, wearing a crisp fresh suit.

He rung the doorbell and saw Kristen dressed magnificently as usual. He complimented her and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before taking her hand and getting into the limo. The ride to the limo caused Jared a bit of stress as he tapped his foot impatiently. One hand was in his pocket while the other was holding Kristin's hand. It was very unusual for Jared to act in such a way but he seemed more nervous than ever. At least his gift for his pops would make him slightly happy? Not that tickets to some football game was the best thing in the world to give but it was something. Though trouble still lurked in his mind about his brother who messed their relationship up by a little.

Though tonight was going to be a special night, Jared had plans after his father's boring party.

Kristin had dressed up nicely as she always did, looking stunning in yet another evening gown. She smiled as Jared picked her up at her apartment, the two heading out in a limo as they drove towards the party. She was clueless as to what they would be doing there, though she had a feeling that they would be dealing with Jared's brother once again. That man just didn't know when to stop did he? He was such a...mean man! At least it seemed that way when it came to her...Constantly putting strange idea's in Jared's head...She just had no idea as to why he was so against them being together. Giving her boyfriend's hand a squeeze, she smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder. Hopefully they could enjoy the whole night together and not have to worry about petty things. Today, it would be them and his family and celebrating...and that was all that mattered.

And so the two arrive at the party with many of his fathers friends and a few relatives. Luckily his brother was no where to be seen. Jared kept Kristin close as the two maneuvered around the grand ballroom, enjoying the food and the quiet chatter. This party wasn't anywhere as big as grandmothers but it was relatively warmer and nicer. Jared introduced Kristin to a few of his childhood friends who stared at Kristin in a manner that made Jared jealous and over protective. He selfishly wanted to be the only one to lay eyes on Kristin. She seemed like she was having a good time with his mother and her group of friends who seemed to be debating over trends and their busy social lives. It was almost twelve and Jared decides to leave with Kristin, bidding his parents and friends a good night. His mother and father nodded approvingly and were quite nice to Kristin.

Instead of going home, the limo dropped the two off in a little pavilion on the waterfront. Jared casually said that they would have some desert, while he slightly got more nervous by the second. It was almost a year and Jared felt confident and ready. The little orchestra began to play and Jared took Kristina hand. Getting on one knee, he took out a jewelry box and opened it, revealing an engagement ban with green emeralds all around it.

" Kristin Martin, will you give me the honor in taking your hand in marriage? You're truly the love of my life and I have no idea what I would do without you. I know this sounds cheesy but I'm confessing to you with a whole heart, I love you." He said as his cheeks were flushed red at this point.

The party was lovely, though certainly not as big as the one that had been for his grandmother. She enjoyed every moment of it without question! The food and wine were nice and the company was lovely, especially Jared's parents. On top of all of that, there was no sight of Jared's brother, none at all! Chatting lightly with the men and women of the party, and also talking with plenty of Jared's friends, time flew by so quickly that Jared actually had to tell her it was midnight! How time flies when one is having fun, right? Leaving with many polite goodbyes and a few hand shakes and hugs, Kristin walked out of the party hand in hand with Jared. The night simply could not get any better...or so she thought.

Shocked a bit by the sudden stop at the waterfront, she had not expected something like this at all. More so when Jared mentioned it would be dessert. There had been so many things sweet things at the party that she wasn't certain she could even eat another bite. She was unaware of everything until the music started to play, catching her attention until Jared grabbed her hand gently. At first she didn't believe it, she didn't think it would be happening...But it was. Jared was down on one knee in front of her, her hand darting up to her face to hold in a small squeal as he also revealed the ring.

It took her a bit to gather herself, mostly since she was trying to keep herself from crying by fanning her face. Of course, in the tears won and All she could do was nod her head as she cried. "Oh Jared! Of course...Of course I will!" She got out as she looked down at him with a teary eyed smile.

He was happy and slipped the ring onto her finger. With the palms of his hands, he dried away her tears. He pulled her close and kissed her sweetly on the lips. Eventually the two were back in the limo and it was one o clock in the morning. Jared was still energized and ready to function despite the time. He was glad that his parents had approved but he wondered how his brother would take it. He held Kristin's hand and let her head rest on his shoulder, there were still going to be bumps in the road and who knew what would happen. Eventually the limo arrived at Kristin's front door and Jared was u willing to part their seperate ways. And so, Kristin had graciously let him stick around for the night. Thankfully Jared had brought a change of clothes which were kept at Kristin's house. The two showered and Jared felt more awake then ever.

" You should tell your parents," he said softly.

" Hm an engagement, the wedding and then an unwritten future. I remember the first time around where we dated for six months and well, I think you ended up hating me. But at least now, everything's changed and I'm glad. Can't imagine myself without you." He said with a grin.

Before he knew it, he had found himself kissing and tightening his grip around Kristin. It was gentle, yet aggressive, passion was waiting to explode like a bomb. Jared couldn't help himself as he dared to travel any further. He wanted Kristin completely and he broke away for a moment.

" I don't want to continue unless it's ok with you..." He said kindly.

Kristin couldn't believe it, she was engaged, and certainly not to the man she would have thought about a year ago. So much had changed since then though. She herself had gotten better and worked harder and Jared had come far as well. The two of them figured out their differences and moved along in a happy manner, coming to love each other like no one else could. There would still be bumps along the way of course but that was nothing that they couldn't handle at this point. They were adults after all and Kristin was more than willing to step up and work things out so that the two of them could be happy together no matter what. Of course, when it came time to part, it was really hard for Kristin to do so, even going so far as to break down and let Jared spend the night.

"I'll tell them tomorrow, it's late and I'm tired, even with all this excitement." She said with a small laugh as she turned to look at him with a smile.

Returning his kiss, she found herself growing weak as he became more passionate. It made her blush and shiver a bit as he pulled back from her. Smiling shyly at him as he spoke, she leaned in a kissed him lightly this time before pulling back and whispering. "The moment I let you put that ring on my finger...I gave you permission to do this."

And so the night continued without one word describable of the events. ...

By the time it was morning, Jared didn't even move or budge. He slept and slept like sleeping beauty. It was twelve in the morning but he bathed himself in the sheets and pillow for support, while Kristin was besides him as comfort. The moment was ethereal and blissful. He opened his eyes slowly before retreating back into the sweet darkness of his mind. Sure there were still things that needed to be done for that day but ht had no plans that would get him up.

Kristin didn't move from bed at all, what was the point when she was so happy and comfortable and warm? Jared was right beside her, holding her close to him and letting her just be against him in such a loving way. Then again, there was also the fact that it was a weekend day so they really didn't have anywhere to do or have work to do. She was free to be in her own little happy world.

By the time it was one, Jared finally got him self off of the bed and up. He got ready and almost attempted to carry Kristin off of the bed and to the kitchen. However she seemed reluctant since she wanted to get dressed first. And so he, himself, sauntered into the kitchen, looking for some food to eat or make. There wasn't much but he decided to go with something healthy and got yogurt from the fridge. Kristin seemed amused when she saw him just spooning the strawberry pink goo into his mouth. He attempted to kiss her, just to be a bit annoying about it but she shooed him away.

"You should really call your parents now," Jared stated casually as his fingers rested over hers, especially the ring that was now sparkling brightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.