A Love-Hate Relationship

She sighed a little. "I guess... I mean... Dad works so much, he hardly gets to see them. I don't want him to be angry on his day off..." Billy picked up a piece of trash they left on the table and threw it away. "I don't know what to do with them I mean... They're going into that age where they... They apparently steal dirty magazines and I don't know how I'm supposed to discipline them on my own," Billy said, crossing her arms.

"Let's go," she said, feeling a little sour now. Jared was a pervert and Gary was doing who knows what. "And to think, the one thing I was worried about was them watching movies that give them nightmares," Billy said, rolling her eyes. She started walking out to the car, motioning for her brothers, who had just come out of their room, to follow with a stern look.

NOW Vincent felt like a jerk. It was a joke, really! They where good kids, maybe a little more rebellious then some, but surely she couldn't believe that they could be doing that! Really, who would even read dirty magazines when they had the internet? He knew he would have to pay for this. But he had a few idea's as to how to make it up to the boys- but Billy was a different can of worms.

He would tell her at school. Vincent knew that the worst thing she could do was punch him, and he could take it. She didn't even do it correctly! She curled her thumb over her fists and lead with her knuckles, when in reality you have to tuck your thumb to the side and lead with your elbow. And they didn't even hurt any more. After years and years of taking the punches, they where just inconvenient other than hurtful.

He tugged at the collar of his shirt, and walked out into the car with them. Vincent pulled out his keys from his pocket and unlocked the doors. Once he hopped into the driver's seat, he stuffed the keys into the ignition. It sputtered for a moment, but started regardless. Vincent smiled to himself, knowing that he might have to work on the car sooner or later. It was probably one of his favorite things to do in his freetime.

Vince didn't pull out a cassette this time, he figured that if he dropped off the kids quick enough he could get the punch over with. He sighed, and turned to Isabelle. " The middle school, right? " He asked her.

The boys got into the back seat, glaring furiously at the older boy. It was evident that they were biting back sharp remarks, their teeth grinding and their eyes narrowed. Billy sat in the front without giving them another glance. She nodded to Vince, smiling a little. "Yeah. The middle school," she replied. Then she turned to look out the window, as it was a habit.

Gary and Jared did the same, though their mouths were tightly shut and they still looked angry. When they got to the middle school and Vince stopped the car, they got out without an exchange of words to their sister. Nor did Billy try to say anything to them. My sweet little baby brothers, she whined inside her head. I should've known they'd get all rebellious though, no one pays attention to them since mom left. She looked a little guilty on their way to school, biting her lip.

"Was I hard on them? Maybe I should sympathize," she said to Vincent. "I mean, mom and dad were all over-protective of me. Not them though. And they are boys, they're probably rebellious and hormonal!"

Vincent sighed. " They're not rebellious and they're the least bit hormonal. " Once he parked the car, he chuckled nervously and turned to the women next to him. He hoped to god that she wouldn't tug on his ear. The young man tugged nervously at the collar of his shirt. He pulled the keys from the ignition and stuffed them in his pocket. One last thing to use as a weapon, right?

" I... Sorta fibbed about the entire thing. I was just thing that you would take it as a joke, really. I thought you would know that they wouldn't do that type of stuff, and that was the only reason why I started it in the first place! " He swallows hard, and prayed to god that breakup wouldn't be an option here. " I swear that I'll make it up to them, and you! "

She raised an eyebrow, seeing how nervous he seemed to be getting. Once he was parked, he fumbled around and stuffed the keys in his pocket. What was he so nervous about...?

When he told her, she understood why. For a few seconds, her arm started subconsciously raising itself and her hand was in a fist. She held it down though, but her eye twitched a little. "You... Lied?" she wondered, not sure how to feel. "You made me pull their ears! I was acting like a total bitch! I threatened to tell our dad!" she started, her voice rising a little.

Billy sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "They're my brothers and I showed how much I didn't trust them. How am I supposed to make it up to them for that?" she asked, sighing again. She turned to him again, giving him a glare that quickly softened up. "You're 19, or 20, I don't know. Anyway, Vincent, you're supposed to be the adult and my boyfriend, they probably think you're a total jerk now."

She patted his shoulder then, starting to get out the car. "They're my baby brothers, and I want to punch you in the face. I'm not doing it because you're my boyfriend and you apologized. You better make it up to them big time though," Billy told him.

Vincent expected a punch, or a kick, or maybe a good tugging on his own ear. He was quite surprised when none of that came. He was more than relieved when he found out that he could still take up the position of 'boyfriend'. " Do they like video-games? I literally have an entire crate at my apartment full of the newest games. I don't have time to play them anymore with school and work. " He said, as he walked out of the car.

He locked all of the doors on the car, and walked in with his new girlfriend. Vincent wasn't exactly sure if he could hold her hand or not, only because he was sure that her friends didn't take a liking to him all too well.

She waited and walked alongside him. "That would work," she told him. "Tomorrow, if you brought over some sort of chocolate dessert, I'm pretty sure they'd love you." When they were inside, she stopped and held her hand out in front of him, stopping him too. Billy smiled at him, despite still being a little upset. What's done was done though. "Want to hold hands?" she asked him.

Her friends, who were not too far off watching them, looked at them in shock. A few of their mouths hung open, while the others were making pouty faces, as if not sure how to feel about Billy smiling or talking to Vincent (without hitting him, at least).

Vincent smiled, and took her hand in his. " I thought you'd never ask. " Hand in hand, they walked down the halls. Vincent could tell that his friends where just as surprised as hers, only because when they walked pass them, they where just as in awe as the others.

Vincent's friends started smiling, and looking towards one another. The look on their face probably meant ' PARTY!! ', and it was for curtain that they wanted to celebrate. He wanted to, too!

Billy smiled as he grabbed her hand, linking their fingers together. Unlike his friends, Billy's were looking at her as if to say 'what a hypocrite.' She'd have to explain to them later, so she waved her phone to them so they knew she'd call or text. So far though, Billy was liking the expressions on Vincent's friends'. They looked happy for him.

She leaned over to him and pulled him down a little bit to whisper. "I thought your friends would hate me," she admitted, "I haven't been really nice to you..."

" Are you kidding? " He whispered back, with a small laugh. " They absolutely love you! Hell, they're the ones who kept pushing me to ask you out. They wanted me to go out with you just as much as I wanted go out with you! " He said, with a small smile. Vincent turned to his friends, and they all waved at the new 'happy couple'.

Vincent stopped at his locker, and only let go of her hand to unlock his locker. His combination was easy, anyway. It was 12-13-12, and he was able to get it unlocked in literal seconds. " What do your friends think of me- Wait, do I even want to know? "

She laughed softly. "That was nice of them, I'm glad they're not angry with me," Billy said. She waited for him to close his locker before answering. "Well... You probably don't want to know," she admitted, blushing a little. "I think they might actually be a little mad at me, but they'll get over it. I mean... They've been wanting me to go out with that Alex guy, plus I've spent most of my time with them... You know... Telling them how I didn't like you..."

Billy hugged him then, burying her face in his chest. "I know I apologized yesterday, but I'm sorry for the way I used to treat you," she told him.

" Oh, hush. " He said, as he happily hugged her back. Vincent had to kneel down a little to reach, but it was worth it. " You're fine, don't worry about it! Now, lets go get your stuff. I don't want you to be late, do I? " He asked, as he loosened the hug slightly.

Vincent walked over towards her locker, still holding her hand. He still had that dumb grin plastered to his face.

She smiled at him, feeling lucky that he was so forgiving. "I guess not," Isabelle replied, laughing a little. As they got to her locker, she made sure his hands weren't anywhere they could be hit if she opened the door too hard. As she opened her locker, she turned and smiled at him. "You're smiling like a grade-schooler, it's really cute."

Billy threw in her backpack and grabbed the books she would need. "Oh! I almost forgot to ask," she began, closing her locker. "Do you want me to go over to your place after work? I can tell my dad I'm going with a girlfriend, so he won't be mad," she told him, smiling and blushing. "If you want me to."

Vincent tried to stop smiling, but it resulted in a complete failure when she said that it looked cute. His smiled nearly doubled in size. He waited patently for his girlfriend to finish packing and unpacking, but when she spoke, he made sure to pay attention.

Vince smiled, and nodded. " Sure! I don't think you've ever been in my apartment, have you? Well, I can tell you it isn't much. " He said, with a small laugh. He had a computer, a few book shelves, and an old record player with a couple records. Nothing out of the ordinary for a college goer.

"That's alright," she replied, smiling. "All we really need is a bed." Upon realizing how that must've sounded, she reddened. "I didn't mean it like that!" Billy said quickly. Goodness, what would he think of her? Not even dating for one day and it already seemed as though she were making awkward suggestions.

"Let's get to class," she suggested, still a little red. Billy grabbed his hand again and started leading him to her class. "And... We'll see each other during band-slash-choir, I'm assuming," she said, giving him a smile.

Vincent wiggled his eyebrows jokingly when she said ' all we need is a bed. ' He knew it was a joke, unless she really was serious. And if she was, they would have to talk about doing any of... that.

He didn't know why the girl was leading him to her class, when he went to the other side of the building for his college classes. He did graduate from the highschool a year ago... Well, he would just walk her to her classes, and then walk over to his classes.

Once Isabelle was in her particular hallway to head to class, he stopped, and pulled his hand away. " Billy, you do know I'm in college, right? " He asked, with a smile on his face. " I have to get to my Architectural Design class. " Vincent knelt down and kissed her forehead. " I'll see you in band...choir. "

She didn't stop walking until she felt his hand slip out of hers. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said quickly, smiling nervously. "I forgot. I'm usually used to... Uh..." she blushed, about to say 'having boyfriends my age,' which he probably knew and didn't need her to tell him.

As he kissed her forehead, she scrunched up her nose a little. "Don't treat me like a kid," Billy teased, standing on her toes to kiss him quickly on the lips. Though, of course, maybe he didn't want to be seen kissing a little high-school girl. The thought amused her, but she doubted that was the case.

" I'm not treating you like a kid. My knees hurt from bending down so much. " He said, with a small laugh. After the kiss, he felt the highschool wing and traveled towards the college section of the building. Vincent caught up with his friends, and told them how he was able to finally hook up with the .

After he had his first batch of classes, he strolled down to the music room with a smile on his face. He was sure to sit next to the piano, so he would be next to his new girlfriend. While Vince waited, he tuned up his Cello to the perfect pitch.

He makes me feel so short... She thought, smiling and waving bye to him. Billy went into her classroom and, while the teacher's back was turned, she sent a few messages to her friends, telling her about what happened. Most of them seemed alright with it, at least, it seemed like that in their texts. Some weren't so sure and thought maybe he was threatening her or something.

That thought made her snicker lightly in the middle of class, considering Vince wouldn't hurt a fly, much less her. The teacher caught her at that moment though and gave her a stern glare, so she had to put the phone away.

After class, she headed quickly to the Choir room, sitting at her piano. The girls who'd been flirting with Vincent the day before were giving her jealous looks, but didn't really say anything to her. She played a few notes on her piano and looked up when the band-boys (which sounds cute) started filing in like yesterday.

Vincent was late for his own class, but he didn't mind. He went to his Architectural Design late, but with a smile on his face. His teacher let it slide, only because he just graduated out of college himself. After the man gave that lecture that day, he let the young adults break off into small groups and woke alone, and as they did, Vincent told them all about what had happened with himself and Billy.

After a handful of classes, he now had Orchestra. He nearly skipped down the halls in a hurry to see her, but he didn't because he was caught in a swarm of his friends.

Once they where all set in the choir room, he sat next to billy, and began to play. Vincent played happily and fully, because he was happy and he did feel full. He didn't know how great it felt to be loved.