A Love-Hate Relationship

Isabelle looked around. The place was so.... Vincent-y. She really wanted to run around and explore every inch of it, but he led her to the living room, so that would have to wait. She nodded and settled into one of the hangin chairs, smiling at him. For a moment, she sat quietly and took everything in. The smells, Vincent, the ambience in the room.

Once he'd settled down too, she blushed as she thought of what she was about to say. She had no idea how to say it, which made it all the more embarassing and scary. "Um... I..." she began. "Vincent... I'm just going to say it flat out," she said, with another deep breath. "Since this morning, I've been thinking about this. I feel it's something we should talk about... So... Honestly, you can ask any of my old boyfriends. Once they got too, y'know, touchy, I'd punch them and break up."

"But I realized that... If I were to ever be "deflowered," so to speak, by a guy... I think I'd like that guy to be you." By now, Billy was a cherry-red colour, looking at him nervously. What if he kicks me out? I don't know how to get home from here, she thought.

Vincent took his spot, and waited anxiously. Was this good? PLEASE let it be good!

Wait.... Wait.

" Oh. Oh, that was unexpected. Well, um... " He began taken completely off guard. Sex was a touchy subject, and he could see why she was so awkward about talking about it. " Well, I want you to keep your petals just as much as the person, but if we're talking about readiness, I think I'm just as ready as you. " Vincent said, with a small, embarrassed chuckle.

She wasn't sure why, but what he said made her blush even more. If that was even possible. Billy curled up a little, feeling awkward. "I am... Ready, but I mean... It's not like we have to do it right now," she said quickly, not looking him in the eye. "Unless you want to. Because, if you want to then... I want to..."

Billy closed her eyes, This is not happening. What am I saying? Looking up at him, she gave him an embarassed smile. "I... Can go if you want to. This got really awkward, so... If you want me to go home then I will," she assured him.

" Well, no, we're not just going to stop everything and have sex, but only because we just started dating. But... Later, if youre comfortable with that. " Vince said, but he inched foreward and took her hand, much like the night before.

" You can stay as long as you want. You didn't make anything awkward at all! " He chuckled, kissing her hand reassuringly. " Do you want me to make us something to eat? I'm a terrible cook, but I could always order take-out. "

She smiled, feeling comforted by his hand in hers. "Okay," Billy said, smiling. "Of course, later on." She smiled and stood up, kissing his forehead now. "I could always cook something if you want. I can usually make do with whatever's around," Billy told him, "Though, I'd never say 'no' to take-out."

With a mischevious smile, she hugged him while he was still sitting down. "Stay like this for a little bit," she told him playfully, "I like feeling taller than you."

Vincent sighed, and wrapped his arms around her. " Do I have to? Ugh, fine. " But it didn't stay like that for long. After a few minuets, Vincent only sighed once more, and stood up.

He was still hugging onto Billy, so she came up for the ride. She's so short. One of these days I'm going to trip over her. He chuckled to himself, and simply placed her on the couch. " You're so small. " He said, with a louder chuckle than before.

Billy gasped lightly with surpriise as he lifted her up. When she was down on the couch, she looked up at him and pouted. "That's no fair," she told him, grabbing his hands and pulling him down. "Come on, I can't be that short can I?" she asked, smiling at him. With a snicker, Billy asked, "Hey... Does that mean you have a thing for small girls?"

Pulling him back into her arms, she kissed him on the lips. "You're such a distraction," she told him playfully, "We should be getting something to eat."

" It is too fair! " Vincent said, with a chuckle. He almost tripped when he was tugged down, but he caught himself. He was now kneeling before her, but somehow, he was till taller than her.

" Well, I have a thing for one small girl. " He chuckled, and kissed her back eagerly. He chuckled once more, and nodded. " I'll call the Chinese Place right now. " He said, as he stood up.

"It's not my fault I got genes from the wrong side of the family," she told him, kissing his nose before he got up. While he went off to call the Chinese Place, Billy kicked off her shoes and laid down on the couch, looking around the living room once more. She was quite happy with how things were turning out.

They'd had an off day, but it was alright. She got to think about things and come to the realization that she really did care for Vincent. And he was alright with that, so that was alright too.

"Hey Vince!" she shouted when she was sure he was off the phone.

He had ordered a Chinese dinner, that came with tons of dishes and side-foods for them to eat. Despite how skinny Vince was, he really could eat a lot.

" Hey Billy! " He called back, after saying his thanks to the man on the other end of the phone.

"Come! Quickly!" she shouted, flailing on the couch a little. "I need assistance!" Billy giggled lightly, feeling like a little kid. It was fun though, she didn't feel like laying around all night. No. Billy had pent up energy that made her want to run around until she was tired. If Vince could keep up with her, it would make him all the more perfect.

Vincent slid into the living room. " With what? " She really wasn't doing anything. What would she need help with? Vince walked towards his girlfriend, and smiled. Was she plotting something against him? He couldn't wait to see what it was.

As soon as he was close enough, Billy sat up in an instant. After about a second of a mischevious smile, she stood and jumped on him. "I'm bored," she told him, kissing his cheek. "And restless. Let's do something!" she said in a sing-song voice. She smiled at him and tugged his ear playfully. "You need to make up for lying this morning anyway," Billy chided.

Vincent sighed, and smiled at her. He was holding her by the waist, to make sure that she wouldn't slip and fall to the floor. It was a long way down. " Well, what do you have in mind? You could run up the stairs again. I would, but I would fall. " He chuckled, throwing her over his shoulder and spinning her around.

He did it at a pace, he never wanted to hurt her. Or make her puke. He just wanted her to giggle.

As he started spinning her, she laughed lightly and closed her eyes. "This could work," she told him, "Unless you want to watch me run up and down the stairs." Billy patted his back a little, tugging his shirt. "I love you," she said to him, smiling.

" Knowing you, you might fall down them. " He said, with a laugh. After the spin, Vincent was sure to put her down, and kiss her cheek. " I love you too. "

He had been waiting to say those words to her for God know's how long, and now that he was, he really couldn't believe it.

When he set her down, Billy wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled up at him. "I... Want to know something," she said, blushing a little. "Why'd you take it for so long? All my rejection, I mean. How come you never gave up?" she asked him, looking into his eyes.

Vincent blushed, and shrugged. " I guess it was the way you rejected me. You always seemed nice about it. " He paused. " Well, in a way. I could tell you felt uneasy about doing it, so I just figured you'd say yes eventually. " He chuckled.

" I almost did give up on you a number of times, but my friends really did push me to date you. "

She smiled, but sighed a little. "I did feel bad about it... Sometimes," she admitted. Billy nuzzled his neck. "I wouldn't have rejected you so much if I'd known I'd feel so good being with you," she told him.

Vincent smiled, and nuzzled her back, and chuckled lovingly. She feels good with me? Great! He never knew how great it was to be loved, but now he did and he never wanted it to end.

It only did when someone at the door began pounding softly. " That must be the Chinese food. " He said, letting go of her slightly.