A Loner's Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas kept his hands firmly placed on Rin's lower stomach and chest. Once he saw the little fox was starting to get it he supported him less and less. "Now don't freak out. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'll be right here." He said it in a more soothing tone that he rarely ever used. Eventually Rin was staying above water with only a little struggle, but with Lucas remaining next to him just as he promised.

Reactions: HollowEastWord
"I'm doing it" Rin yelled, out of breath as he kicked and paddled to stay above water "I'm actually doing it, swimming" he said now full of glee.

"I'm doing it" Rin yelled, out of breath as he kicked and paddled to stay above water "I'm actually doing it, swimming" he said now full of glee.

Lucas smiled adoringly and then he heard a noise, a sort of growl come from the woods. A few playful brown bear cubs where wrestling around. His expression dampened. Oh shit Lucas thought knowing the mother wouldn't be far off. "Rin. I think we might have some trouble. Real soon"

Rin gasped a bit when he got tired, he grabbed onto Lucas upper arm and pulled himself up. "Trouble" he said tilting his head. It didn't take him long to hear the sound Lucas heard, his ears perked up and he looked at the little bear cubs "bears" he said his eyes big.

Reactions: CheshireKitten
"Yeah...and worse they're grizzly cubs." Lucas wrapped a protective arm over Rin's shoulders. "I think we should be fine as long as the cubs stay on the beach. " just then the mama bear emerged from the forest sniffing around and communicating with her cubs. They spent five minutes on the beach before leaving back into the woods. Lucas breathed out with relief still holding Rin close. "We should wait a while before going back to the house."

"Look at them their so small" Rin cooed as the cubs played around on the beach "I want to go closer" he said but stopped as Lucas wrapped an arm around his shoulders, and changed his mind when the mother came out. "Aahh now their leaving" Rin whined as the bears went back into the woods "I wanted to see more" he said looking at Lucas "we don't have to wait in the water" he said right after Lucas suggested it "Let's go follow them, I wanna see if there's more" he smiled really not knowing how dangerous bears were, to him they just looked cute and kind.

Lucas raised an eyebrow at Rin's naivety. It was cute but there was no way he would let Rin near those bears especially grizzlies. "That's not a good idea. Momma bears kill whoever goes near their cubs whether you mean to hurt them or not. And brown grizzly bears...are the most aggressive."

Why am I being so protective?
He thought to himself. He then started to evaluate his feelings for Rin and found himself blushing lightly while keeping a stoic expression.

Rin kept his eyes on the forest for a moment more "but they look so cute* he said no all seeing how they would want to hurt anyone "hey do you-" he saw that Lucas was far away, Rin than let a grin spread over his face a little light of mischief shining in his eyes. Making sure not move to much, he reached his hand into the water and splashed a whole lot into Lucas face.

He was so focused in. His own thoughts he didn't hear Rin move even a little. Then suddenly water was being splashed into his face and he snapped right out of it. He looked down at Rin with a cooked eyebrow. Then a large grin spread across his own face.

"So that's how you wanna play it. Looks like someone wants to go under." First he splashed Rin then tackled him into the water, holding him closely around the waist.

Rin stared at Lucas or a moment still hanging by his arm, the his face mirrored the grin that spread over the others face. Then his eyes widened and than made a fox like yelp as Lucas tackled him into the water. He reemerged from under the water and swam away from Lucas as far as he went he tried to kick up as much water as possible.

He had reemerged himself and was already being splashed. It was futile to try and get away. Lucas's muscular body dived back under the water and he swam as fast as he could catching up with Rin. He was just under him when he scooped him up bridal style and then held him up in the air above his head like a prize. "gotcha." He chuckled then brought Rin back down still holding him in that style. Their faces only an inch apart causing Lucas's heart to leap.

Rin squealed as he was grabbed and lofted into the air above, he kicked his feet as he tried to escape but to no avail, Lucas was stronger than he was. He was still trying to breathe between his giggle fits, he didn't even notice that Lucas had brought him down and how close they were now.

Once he recovered he opened his eyes and looked at Lucas, he was staring at him like a child would, until the close proximity actually sank into his mind. Rin blushed a nice shade of red that made his freckles look darker, but never once broke the eye contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.