A Loner's Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So there isn't a bed anywhere in this house? I mean, I don't want to take the only space there is to sleep" As he spoke a light blush came over his cheeks and he looked away at the ground. Ugh, why would he even care, why should he? Either way it didn't matter, cause he gave a crap about the poor little guy.

Rin looked at Lucas and threw his hands in the air "No there isn't a bed, but please take the couch its no problem at all...I'm awake most of the night anyway and I'm sure you need rest so please" he said all in one quick breath, a light blush was dusting his cheeks he never knew how to act around people and mostly just did what came to minds.

With a sigh of defeat he stood up. "alright as long as you're okay with it." He walked over to the couch and sat down. "Just know I'm a light sleeper." Him saying so was both for informative purposes and as a slight warning in case Rin were to try anything.

Smile bright and happy Rin watched as Lucas got up from the floor and sit down on the couch "Don't worry, I won't make any noise to wake you" he said happily "After all, what kinda fox would I be if I went around making a bunch a noise" he giggled softly at himself, "Do you need anything else" he asked, not that he had much to offer, but if he could help he would.

Lucas laid down just as the exhaustion of the days ride hit him all at once. He shook his head. "No. I'm good. If you need anything just wake me up." He gave Rin a smile as he lounged on the couch slowly slipping into unconscious. The sleep he fell into was deep. A piece of his slicked back blonde hair fell out of place onto his forehead as he snoozed away.

Rin curled himself up on the chair and watched as Lucas fell asleep, Rin slightly tilted his head as he watched Lucas features relax, he looked peaceful in his sleep not as harsh as he was just minutes ago.
After a long while of watching Lucas, Rin started shivering slightly it was cold when it rained like this. Rin looked at the couch and spotted a place open behind Lucas "I'm sure he won't mind" Rin whispered to himself. He softly crept onto the couch and curled up behind Lucas falling into a deep sleep of his own.

At the feeling of Rin touching him Lucas peaked his eye open to peak at what the other was doing. He blushed at what he saw deciding it was safe to go back to sleep. Why did this fucker have to be so cute. Demons were no good. Lucas knew from experience, so what was this one planning. Before he could think too deeply into it he fell back asleep.

Morning eventually peaked through the clouds right into Lucas's face. He put a hand up to block the light as he sat up in a way that wouldn't disturb the sleeping fox behind his legs. He yawned and brushed a few misplaced strands of his hair back into place.

Rin stirred a bit and made a noise of disapproval as the heat of Lucas was taken away, he slightly shifted and mumbled as tried to ignore the sun that was so bright on his face, but eventually it got too annoying. Rin stretched his small body out on the couch barring his stomach as he lifted his arms above his head and curled his tail. After a while of just stretching himself Rin's ears twitched as he listened to the sounds of birds outside, he the peaked through one eye and looks straight into the back of Lucas.

Lucas looked over to the stretching Rin, and looked away quickly at seeing his exposed stomach. Not that it was provocative in any sort of way, but for the simple fact that it was absolutely adorable. His deep blush faded as he got a hold of himself. "Good morning." He figured he would just high tail out of the demon's home, but he remembered how badly it had stormed the night before, and knew it would be stupid to try and ride on the muddy back roads.

At hearing Lucas speak Rins mind was a train wreck he hadn't even register that the other was still there, fleeing up he made a noise that sounded like a yelp and meow mixed. "I'm so sorry Lucas, I dint mean to...or maybe I did..., but I'm sorry" he panicked and got off, of the couch so fast he tripped over his own feet and fell forward.

Lucas started to genuinely crack up at the other's clumsiness. "Are you alright?" He went over and knelt down next to Rin. His almond shaped brown eyes looking over the other. "You should be more careful" a smile was spread across his face.

Rin was a little shocked at Lucas concern for him but he didn't voice or show it. He just kept silent until Lucas knelt down beside him "y-y-yeah I'm just fine" he stuttered and shot up so fast he fell he almost fell backwards but he grabbed onto Lucas and sent them both tumbling to the floor.

Seeing he was okay Lucas stood up straight. He watched him jump up and the rest happened so fast he closed his eyes. When he opened them he was on top of Rin. A dark blush covered his face and he couldn't seem to move. "A-are you okay?"

He opened his eyes and green met brown and a dark red spread over Rin's face, he felt like he couldn't move so he only looked down and rapidly nodded at Lucas question. After a moment Rin couldn't look down anymore his urge to look up getting the best of him, quickly looking up then straight back down again Rin's blush came back ten fold.

"S-s-sorry" he softly whispered to Lucas not sure what the other was making of the situation.

Looking at Rin's reaction he blushed a bit wondering what could be going through his head. "It's alright. At least your not hurt." He looked directly at Rin their eyes meeting twice through out the awkward encounter. After a moment of considering whether or not he would make a move he decided against it. Then went to get off of the other.

Rin sat up as Lucas got off of him, he didn't want to make eye contact all, part of this was that he was very surprised at how Lucas handled the situation he seemed to hate demons just the previous night and now he was concerned about him.

Getting up he looked to the front door and then at Lucas feet "we should probably go see what the weather did to the out side world" he said walking to the door " you probably want to leave soon" he said and actually sounded a bit disappointed.

Now standing with his usual perfect posture. He watched Rin get up and go to the door. He seemed to be feeling shy about something considering the lack of eye contact. Lucas didn't read to much into it before he fallowed Rin to the front door. Both of them stepped out onto the front porch. Everything was drenched from the rain. Lucas went down to his bike to check it. The cover he put on it helped prevent any other damage. He went back onto the porch, putting his hands in his pockets. "well actually it will be a while before I really can go anywhere. Considering the state of all of the back roads ."

Rin's eyes followed Lucas as he went over to what he had learned to call a bike, he felt a little sad at the thought of Lucas leaving his ears dropped as he saw Lucas lifting the cover of the bike. But when he saw Lucas coming back his ears came back up making him look like a rabbit instead of a fox.

He looked up at Lucas when he said that he would be staying for a while more "Your saying longer!!" He exclaimed happily his tail swaying. "Come on we'll walk down to the market toghter to get something to eat" he said running back inside to put on his boots.

Lucas saw the change in Rin's expression all to easily. His first thought why does this fucker have to be adorable. Rin was pretty much everything his ex wasn't. His ex was a complete bad ass, and an incubus. Rin was adorable and seemed to be really sweet. It made Lucas's head hurt.
When Rin came back out with his boots on. Lucas pet him between his ears for a very brief moment before he started to walk off of the porch. With a small smile on his face the whole time. For some unknown reason he was just happy that Rin was so thrilled. The last thing I need to do right now is fall for another demon, so I'll just have to be careful. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at Rin. "lead the way."

He came back with his boots on and smile on his face, he smiled at Lucas and wanted to say something but was cut of by Lucas petting him between the ears, he loved the feeling but it was over all too soon.

Rin looked at Lucas as he walked to the stairs, he almost thought that Lucas was leaving, but his face brightened ten fold when Lucas said for him to lead he way. He jumped down the steps like little 5 year old would "Come on!" He said excitedly grabbing Lucas elbow and started walking.

After walking for a moment the market place came into view it was full of people and cars and colors and sounds. Rin was so excited he loved the market but he didn't go very often since most people hated demons. He looked up at Lucas and smile "Come on let's go" he said pulling Lucas to walk faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.