A Loner's Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's a lake around here? Can we swim in it?" He said getting that excited child like look in his eyes though his facial expression kept the same calm smile. It had been far to log since he went swimming.

"Yeah there's a lake and it huge" he said laughing "its past those far threes out there" he said pointing out his window "its not that far to walk it takes about 10-15 minuets" he once more pointed at the trees "and yeah, what would a lake be if you couldn't swim in it" he laughed to cover up his nervousness, he knew that he couldn't swim he never learned how, but he said yes to keep Lucas happy.

Lucas smiled and walked to the door. "Then lets go swimming. The water should be calmed down from the rain by now." He took Rin's hand and they walked out of the house.

Rin smiled brightly and tried to ignore the small flutter that fluttered in his chest, it was an unknown feeling to him "is this what having a friend feels like" he asked in his mind, it made him very happy to see Lucas this happy and he would do anything to keep that smile on the other's face.

"Ok then, its this way" he said with excitement, taking Lucas hand and started to walk in the direction of the lake.

As they walked Lucas realized they were still holding hands. He didn't bother with letting go. Instead he held his hand just a little tighter

A light blush dusted his cheeks as he felt Lucas tighten the grasp on his smaller hand, it felt so warm and protective a feeling Rin has never felt before, most people were cold and harsh towards demons completely forgetting that they to are individuals.

Rin smiled to himself, to think that this was the same cold and distant man he met not too long ago, goes to show you how fast people can change, you just have to trust them.

It wasn't a long walk before they reached the lake, Rin gulped as he saw the water, it was calm, but he had no idea how to swim no matter I the water was calm or not. "I'll just stay on the bank" he said in his head.

Lucas found himself glancing back a the fox. For a moment he wondered why the guy was blushing, but figured it was probably because they were holding hands. His eyes brightened at the sight of the water, and he got the biggest grin on his face. They made it up to the lake, and Lucas turned his gaze to Rin as he stripped off his shirt.

His body was muscular, and he had a lot of scars. Some of them from guns, other's from knives, and one of them was from an arrow.

He took off his pants. Leaving him in just his trunks, and he hopped right into the water. "hey come on in. It feels great!"

Rin had trouble keeping his eyes from the other well built frame, his blush was spread all over his cheeks making his very light freckles more noticeable.

Rin looked at the water and walked closer, slowly slipping of his shirt
"No its kinda cold, I'll just stay here" he said nervously "you have fun and swim I'll watch" he smiled at Lucas.

Lucas splashed him when he came close and smirked "awe come on! What fun is that?" He chuckles wondering what the guy was blushing about.
Maybe he's embarrassed about his body? nah. Demons rarely ever have that issue. Can he swim? He should be able to if he's been living on his own. Maybe? That was when Lucas found himself checking Rin out plain as day. Just as he blushed he dived under and swam out further.

Rin fell straight on his butt in the water when Lucas splashed him with the water, he felt nervous he didn't know how to tell the other that he couldn't swim "maybe I should tell him that I'm cold or not feeling well" he said in his mind, but he cut himself off when he felt that familiar feeling of eyes looking at him. Rin looked up to see Lucas looking at him, he gave a shy wave but put on a confused look when Lucas dived and swam away.

Lucas popped his head out of the water and slicked his blonde hair back. "Don't you want to swim with me Rin?" He asked as he was was closer to the shore. Closer to Rin.

Rin's ears shot up at the other's question. "No I do, just getting used to the feeling of the water" he said nervously. He started to walk into the water until he was waist deep into cool liquid, he could feel his heart beat and the mud move away under his feet "Come Rin, only for a short while" he thought to himself while trying to look scared.

Lucas chuckled knowing something was up. "Alright. What's the problem?" He walked over to Rin so they were only a few inches away from each other. "Why don't you like water?"

He looked up at the other, and then back to the water "I like the water...I do I like it" he said making small waves in the water with his hands "I just can't really...." He didn't speak any further.

Lucas raise his eye brow. "Can you not swim?" He asked curiously. By now it was pretty obvious.

Eyes widening as the other guessed right he looked away "aah...no its not...its just...not really that...but..."He rambled but stopped when he realized it was all for nothing "no, no I can't" he said, the words barely above a whisper.

Reactions: CheshireKitten
Lucas nodded and then suddenly grabbed Rin; pulling him into the water. He was laughing as he held the fox safely in his arms. "I guess I'll just have to teach you then. Is that alright with you? I think the ability to swim is important."

He truly did. Water was a dangerous element when you found yourself in the middle of it, so it was good to know how to handle one's self.

He took Rin by the hands and started to pull him. "Kick with your legs while I keep you held above water."

Reactions: HollowEastWord
"Aaaahhha" Rin let out a high pitched squeal when Lucas pulled him into the water, he desperately tried to grasp into the other, he was so scared he was shaking a bit. He looked up into the other's eyes "teach me!" He said in surprise "y-yeah ok I guess" he nodded not yet completely liking the idea.

He did as he was told and kicked his legs in the water.

Lucas kept him in the shallow water for safety reasons. Once Lucas was sure Rin had the handle of kicking he had the fox stand up in the water.

"Okay now I'm going to support you under your belly while you do strokes." He moved his arms in a stroking motion used in free style swimming. "Like that"

Rin nodded and let Lucas support him under his belly, so far swimming didn't seem so hard at all. Slowly he started to make stroking motions with his arms.

Reactions: CheshireKitten
Status
Not open for further replies.