A Loner's Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas felt his heart rate pick up when Rin suddenly grabbed him. He reminded Lucas of one of his little brothers. Even though they were probably older now. He just kept looking at Rin as they walked, well he was practically being dragged. The prolonged contact some how didn't feel wrong at all, but it did make Lucas feel- No! I can not be feeling this way. I'm just confused because he's cute. fuck.

At Rin's words Lucas snapped out of it. the market was bursting with business. Something about that made Lucas uncomfortable. Though when he looked at Rin's excited face he just smiled and fallowed. When he realized he was smiling he tried to place on his stoic mask, but all of his emotion could be seen in his deep brown eyes. They were now in the market and Lucas had no clue what to get.

Bubbling with excitement was the only way to explain what Rin was feeling, there was just so much he could see and do, actually there was too much to do. He was looking all around himself trying to see every thing, he was all up and down the market, here then there, then here again and dragging poor Lucas with him.

"Just Look at that" he once again said in pure delight "Come on we gotta go get a closer look" he said not even waiting for Lucas to answer before pulling him along once again. He walked all the way to a huge candy shop and stopped by the window "WoW so many colors" he said happily looking at all the sweet looking things. But he sadly realized that he wouldn't have enough money to buy him his favorite treat.

He turned away from the window and looked around trying to find the shop where he always bought his food, but he ran all over the place and was now lost and had no idea how to get back there.

As Lucas was pulled from place to place he kept an eye out for any suspicious people. He hadn't spotted any, but he still refused to let his guard down. When he wasn't keeping an eye out for trouble he would look at Rin's happy face and would find himself content.

Suddenly he was pulled even harder by Rin and they ended up in a candy shop. "Shouldn't you be more focused on finding real food?" As he said this he noticed a particular kind of candy that really seemed to be catching the other's eye. Then he noticed that lost expression on Rin's face. "We're lost aren't we?" He asked with a smug smirk playing on his lips.

Rin's eyes shot up to Lucas, he was trying to hide his panic "No, no were not lost" he said a little nervous and dragged Lucas out of the Candy shop. He stopped just outside the candy stores door and looked all around him "Not lost at all...its..umm...this way" he said and pulled Lucas in that direction "Or was it that way" he said in an unsure voice dragging Lucas the other way.

Rin stopped for a moment to think but knew that he didn't know this part of the town's market he looked up at Lucas a bit "I don't know where I am...I made us get lost" he said sadly looking down.

Lucas watched Rin's every move. He was most certainly lost. He sighed realizing how much he hated to see Rin so down. He pet him between the ears a little then put his hand in his pocket. "Wait right out here. I'll be right back. Don't move" He was stern with his instructions as he walked back into the shop. He asked the shop owner how to get to the regular food market. As he was told which way to go he shoved something into his jacket pocket before any one, especially Rin, could see it.

He went back out, and found Rin right where he left him. He took the demon by the hand and started to lead them in the right direction. Soon by fallowing the candy store keeper's instructions they arrived in the food market. "I can pay for my own food so don't worry about me." He went over to the vegetables and started to pick out some good ones.

Looking at Lucas he decided that staying put was the best thing to do, he didn't wait long until Lucas came back and grabbed his hand making him blush a bit "Were are we going" he asked a bit confused but Lucas didn't answer him.

After a short walk Rin's sensitive ears picked up the sounds of people talking and working he smiled as he realized that Lucas had gotten them back to the food market "Hey we're not lost anymore..Our hero!" He yelled and gave Lucas a hug around the waist before running of to where all the foods were, he started to pick out what he wanted trying to ignore some of the disgusted looks he got from some of the people.

Glancing over to Rin he smirked. There were a few people looking at him in ways Lucas didn't like. When these people happened to find Lucas's glare directed at them they backed off and just kept their distance.

He went back to picking out food still able to feel Rin's hug. It had been brief but nice. He couldn't deny that he wanted to hold Rin. Even for a little while. Which didn't make sense to him considering the bad experience he recently had with demons.

Reactions: HollowEastWord
He smiled brighter as he walked between shops he hadn't been this happy in ages, the last time he was here no one wanted to come near him or they just shooed him away like some animal, others tended to get violent, and then there were those who just didn't mind.

Rin smiled as he finished buying what he needed "okay that's all" he said softly to himself "now to find..." He cut himself of when he realized that he could no longer see Lucas through the crowd.

Though Lucas was focused on buying his food, but he still kept his eye on where Rin was. Though when he looked up finishing with his purchasing he couldn't see the little bugger. He soon saw the back of him and put his hand on Rin's shoulder "there you are"

Jumping at the sudden hand on his shoulder he let out a sound that sounded like a squeak. "Oh its just you" he said giggling a bit when he realized that it was Lucas. "I almost thought I was done for" he said looking at the people looking at him, "anyway...I got all the stuff that I needed sooo whatcha wanna do now" he asked Lucas with a childish sparkle in his eyes.

"Well we should get this food home first. Then we can do what ever you want." He smiled and actually remembering the direction in which the house was. He put his arm around Rin's shoulders somewhat protectively, and led them out of the market places. From here he wasn't sure which way to go. "Okay, lead the way or I'll get us lost this time." He gave Rin one of his rare genuine smiles.

Hearing Lucas words he suddenly felt brave, Lucas was depending on him to get them home without getting lost. "Okay, come on then" he said grabbing the hand that was around his shoulder.

They reached the house after a while of walking and for once Rin enjoyed the friendly talk he had with someone that someone was Lucas. "Here we are again" he said making small hops onto the stairs until he reached the door, he walked inside and put the stuff he bought in his supposed-to-be kitchen. After putting the things away he walked up to Lucas "Now what" he said in a bored little huff.

Reactions: CheshireKitten
Lucas set down his own stuff, putting it away into drawers and cabinets to keep it away from small animals. "Not sure. Does that fridge work?" He asked with a serious tone. In other words his normal voice. The walk was actually pleasant and for once Lucas didn't feel like he was running away from everything. He was glad that he met Rin.

Rin looked at the fridge and then back at Lucas "Welll, let say it works when it wants to, that's why I never buy a lot at once" he said rubbing the back of his head shyly. "But your more than welcome to check if it works, these days. I just don't bother" he giggled a bit before his mind got occupied with something else, sometimes Rin was just to energetic.

Lucas nodded and went over to the fridge, opening it up. The light did turn on until a full minute after he opened it. Then he checked the freezer. After closing the two doors he moved the large fridge out of it's place to see if it was plugged in. And behold it was only half plugged in. He plugged it in the rest of the way and it worked a little bit better. He checked it after he put it back then he put his sausages in the fridge. "there"

Rin came running back to Lucas, but stopped when he saw the fridge working again "wow! How did you do that" he asked.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the other's unknowing mind. "I just plugged it in. Seems like there is still electricity running through this old place."

Rin gave Lucas a look and tilted his head "Plugged it in? I never knew you had to do that...I always thought that they just worked" he said looking at the now working fridge "thank you!" He said hugging Lucas around the waist.

Lucas couldn't help but grin. Something in his masculine chest fluttered, and he knew this feeling. He knew it well. "No problem" his hand moved up to Rin's head and he pet it.

Rin looked up at Lucas and purred at the touch, he snuggled closer to the other, something about Lucas seemed different, he no longer had that barrier around him, and Rin liked this side of him "okay, we went to the market, we..no you fixed my fridge with your magic touch" he said ina slight giggle "Whatcha wanna do now...go to lake...the park...a walk" he named all the things they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.