A Hidden World (w/Andy)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She followed after him, trying to keep up with his rapid pace. Christ, could he go any faster? She was tripping on nearly everything in sight, and her clothes were getting messy with sweat. Her legs and lungs started to ache from the effort.
"Jason... Why are you... Going so fast?"

Jason ignored her and continued walking. He wasn't moving fast at all she was just short and had short legs while his longer legs gave him a huge stride over her it made it seem like he was moving quickly

She groaned as he continued walking, as if he barely heard her. Her legs were cramping and her hip bones were grinding against one another in a painful manner. She felt tears prick her eyes but she held them back, determined not to be a child around him anymore.
She hissed through her teeth as branches snagged at her hair pulling and creating tangles. His longer legs made it hard for Maya to keep up, and she was already exhausted from her change earlier. Her stomach growled with hunger. Damn, this was miserable. She didnt have a clue where Jason was taking her.
"Did I upset you or something? You seem a little pissed off."

Jason said nothing again. a little? no he was very pissed off. He was tired of her attitude. Tired of her whining. All he had done since he had found her was help her and keep her safe yet all she did was whine complain and ask for more. He was so tempted to just leave her ass here the next time she fell asleep but he wouldn't..he was too nice of a guy to do otherwise

"Jason, how far is it? At this pace im going to pass out. And im starving."
She grumbled, her legs cramping severely. She felt as if she was whining too much, but she was still exhausted and in pain.
She groaned and realized she had enough of his silent treatment. She reached out and grabbed his elbow.
"Jason! Quit being so unruly. I know ive been a bitch but I cant keep going at this pace."

He groans a bit as she continues to complain and whine. "We've barely been walking for ten minutes how can you be so tired already? and you were asleep when I found you after I brought the clothes back. you can keep going stop complaining and it's going to be a while if we don't move quickly it could take up to a few weeks to get there but if we move fast enough we can be there within a few days"

"Yeah, well I just had all the bones in my body broken and fixed within a matter of seconds."
She growled under her breath and followed after him. God, she was exhausted. She just wanted to curl up and sleep, to forget everything that happened.
"Do we atleast have anything to eat?" She could feel her energy leaving her body, her eyes drooping, shoulders sagging as she tried to keep up with his long strides.

He sighs and shakes his head "No we don't have anything to eat I didn't grab anything while I was out getting clothes. When we stop to make camp I'll go hunting and I'll find us something so until then hold out as long as you can ok?"

She groaned and kept walking.
The sun dipped low in the sky, staining the sky a deep red as it set beneath the earth. Her legs felt weak, her bones felt sore and her head hurt. Her shoulders sagged, her hands stuffed in the pockets of her overly large hoodie. She was suddenly greatful for the largness, as the cold began to set in the air.

She was always walking in Jason's shadow. He was atleast an entire head taller than her. He was a lot stronger, too. She was greatful for his help, though she couldnt thank him yet. They were far from the end of their journey.

He glances back at her and then looks up at the sky. It was getting dark soon it would be too dark to see at night. He sighed and stopped walking and looked back at her "we'll camp here for the night it'll be too dark to see where we're going soon"

As soon as he spoke she slumped to the ground in the middle of the path they were walking on, puling her large hoodie over her knees and slipping the hood over her head. She groaned in delight. She felt her nerves uncoiling and her body relaxing.
"Thank god..." She mumbled, her knees to her chest, her breathing starting to relax as she drifted off. She was aware that Jason was around, but she hardly cared. Her body was exhausted.

He looks over at her and shakes his head "i'm going to go hunting I'll be back soon" With that he turns and walks off into the forest soon dissapearing from sight

She felt him leave. She suddenly felt scared, alone and vulnerable. She crawled over to the base of the tree, curling up tight to fit in the little hollow at the base of a tree.
She probably should have offered to hunt with Jason, but she knew nothing about hunting. She was starving and weak, and would probably be of little use to him.
She couldnt find sleep, regardless of how tired she was, not while Jason was out in the forest with who knows what.

He came back a short while later with three rabbits that he had skinned and gutted. He set them down and then proceeded to start a fire. Once that was done he made a makeshift spittle and set the rabbits over the fire. It wasn't long before the smell of the cooking meat wafted through their little camp

She lifted her head from her little hollow at the base of the tree.
"Jason! You're back!" She didnt expect to be so excited to see him. She was glad he couldnt see her blush in the dark.
She crawled over to the fire, wafting her hands over the flames to get warm. The cold had seeped through her clothes and into her bones, making her cold from the inside out.
Her hands heated up quickly and she wrapped them around herself as she sat opposite of Jason. She stared into the fire, as if the flames held some hidden story that she had to decipher.

"I'm sorry, Jason. For everything. For all of... The trouble I've caused you. I've probably dragged you into something you wanted nothing to do with."

He glances up at her and then looks back at the fire as he sat near it "if you want to apologize for something apologize simply for all the attitude you've been giving me. I've been in situation's like this my entire life. I don't mind helping you out in fact I want to help you but what I don't want is to continue to deal with your attitude over every little thing" He was clearly still upset. He did mean that he wanted to help her yet he also didn't want to help some spoiled little brat who couldn't thank someone for helping them

"You try being the target of almost every single person on this planet.." She muttered under her breath. She hoped he couldnt hear that one.
She sighed and lay down on her side. She didnt mean to be so unruly. She just wanted a place to call her own.
If he replied, she didnt hear it as she drifted off into a restless sleep.

He growled a bit and narrowed his eyes at her "there are worst things out there then people and believe me you'll be lucky if you never have to meet one" He looks back at the food and then sighs as it finished and pulled off a large chunk of the rabbit and started eating it

Maya never caught what he said, having fallen asleep.
She could feel the cold even though her blanket of sleep.
When Maya woke, the sun was shining in her eyes, giving her a small headache. She cracked open her eyes and looking around for Jason, using her hand as a sheild from the sun above.
The wind was slightly cold as it passed through the trees, rustling the leaves above.

Jason was stretched out as close to the fire as he could get without having set himself on fire. He was still asleep and snoring softly as he tried to keep close to the dying flames to stay warm

Status
Not open for further replies.