A Hidden World (w/Andy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya whined again. Her heart was pounding against her ribs, the sound loud in her head. It was difficult to relax with all the noise around her, all the scents and crashes and bangs and Jason's loud voice in her ears.
She slowled her breathing, her body seeming to deflate.
She felt his hand on her body, stroking the downy of her fur, calming her. His touch was soft an reassuring.
The fur on her body started to shrink, to melt back into her body until the soft of her skin only remained. Her spine cracked again, her bones realligning themselves.
Damn, it hurt a lot more than changing at first.
Her whines turned into full fledged screams as her voice came back, rising octives as her body shifted into its original skin.
Her clothes were torn, leaving her body exposed, but she didnt care. She was in so much damn pain. Her body ached and throbbed as she finished changing, tears falling down her face as all her extra parts were sucked back into her body.
She covered her head with her arms and cried, her half naked body trembling in the dirt, hot red flashes scoring her vision from the pain.

Jason moved back a bit as she started to change back. He wanted to give her her space and not seem like he was crowding her especially now that almost half her body was showing through her shredded and torn clothes

Maya groaned. She had no idea what to do about her clothing situation. Not a chance she was going back to that damned city. It was probaby crawling with them.

Sitting up, her head hung on her shoulders, her hair falling in her face. She covered her exposed chest with her arms, hugging herself.

"I Guess I owe you an explination, huh?" Her voice sounded weak and feeble, shaking as she spoke.

He crosses his arms and nods a bit "yeah an explanation would be nice"

Maya's head was still bowed, her shoulders hunched in pain. Her body felt fragile, and if a pebble or a stick fell on her, she would shatter into a billion pieces.

She didnt look at Jason as she spoke, her lungs still hurt, and she paused between her speech to catch her breath.

"The people that are after me, they're doctors. My parents knew about me from the day I was born. They tried to save me, tried to protect me from them, but they're no ordinary doctors. They're trained, trained to get what they want, to kill for it, or die trying. I cant tell you how many times my family has moved trying to protect me. Im the last person on this planet that can do what I do. They want this ability, to be able to harness it, and use it to kill. They had us cornered, so my parents decided it was better to kill me off than let me suffer at the hands of them, to let the world suffer at their hands. I didnt run away. I escaped. They killed my parents before I died."
She paused, wringing her hands, her toes curling slightly at the memory.
"Honestly, I dont remember getting out of there alive. One second I was in the bathtub, my life leaking from my body in waves, and the next I was in a dark alley and in a lot of pain. That was a few days ago. The same day you found me heading to the forest."
She swallowed hard, trying to rid herself of the lump in her throat.
"The forest is safe. Theres something in here, things in this forest that keep them away. Or have. Who knows how brave they might get. Myself, I dont know what lurks here. All I know is that it must be scary enough to keep those murderers away. I needed to get here to be safe."
She finished, her voice cracking. She didnt look at Jason, only waited for some sort of response.

Reactions: Andy
Jason listened to her story silently and without a word. He didn't know what to say when she finished. He didn't know of anything special in this forest nor did he know anything about the people that were hunting her but maybe the forest thing only reacted to those with gifts like hers? It was possible for there were places that only reacted to certain demigods of certain parentage. He sighs and looks at her "look..I'm sorry that all of this has happened to you truly I am..i can only imagine how hard it has been for you. However you at least had your parents to look out for you for most of that time. I didn't I had to learn to survive on my own..just like many other demigod children have to do. I've been on the road and on the run for most of my life and most likely I always will be. I'm only going to say this once. I can help you stay alive but you need to stop this running off and doing whatever the hell you want bs if you want my help you need to listen to me and do as I say got it?"

Maya wanted to hiss at him, to snarl insults and tell him that she could take care of herself. Instead, she held her tongue. She knew it was a lie. Despite her ability, she always managed to get herself into trouble. She admitted that she had a thick skull, and was usually hot tempered. He saved her from the brink of death numerous times. She wanted to thank him, but Maya knew this was ony the beginning of a horrid domino effect of events.

"Fine, if you're so intent on ruling over me. So, hotshot, Demigod, whats our next move? Wait for them to come find us, or wait for whatever is keeping them out to come for us?"

Reactions: Andy
He growls a bit at her words and then gets in her face "I"m not intent on ruling over anyone! my only intent is to keep the two of us alive! something you seem determined to keep me from doing!" he growls again and stands up straight crossing his arms "we need to get away from the city that much is obvious and we can't stay here in the forest if there is something out here keeping them away then I don't want to meet it"

She flinched away from him, curling her body into more of a tighter form. She was still half naked, and extremely cold in the frigid morning air.
"Okay I Get it. Christ. But im not going any further into this forest with you until I get some clothes. Im not going into a dark forest without any with a stranger. Cant have you staring at my ass the entire time, can we?" She growled back, though she seemed to calm down from her temper tantrum. She hated when he was right. But this time, she needed this from him.
"So, do you want to do go back out there or shall I do the honors?"

Jason narrowed his eyes at her and stood up straight "I don't trust you to stay here..I trust you even less to go out there on your own..I'll go and I'll be back shortly" He turns and quickly runs out of the forest

She smirked and stuck her tongue out at his back. Her body was trembling, and even with the rising sun, little light breached through the thick canopy of the trees.
What exactly did live within these walls of trees? Would it hunt them? Would it protect them? She had no idea.

Maya curled under the base of the large tree next to her, settling in the crook of its roots. She was tired, and had a massive headache. With a sigh she fell asleep, curled up with her arms wrapped around her body.

Jason returned within an hour with no trouble. He luckily had not run into any of their pursuers apparently they had figured to give up or something like that either way they were fine. He came back with a few clothes that he thought might fit her nothing special. He dropped the bag down beside her and nudged her with his foot "Hey wake up"

She jumped and snorted, getting to a sitting position quickly. Her eyelids drooped. God, she was tired. She looked at the bag and raised her arms in a stretch, no sooner forgetting her chest was completely exposed. She bushed and covered herself.
"Well? Turn aorund and quit staring at me, you creep." She spat, picking up the bag and throwing on whatever he had bought her.
"Sweatpants and a hoodie, huh? My style. Though you could have gotten something a bit smaller. I look like a clown."

He rolls his eyes and turns around so she could change. When she finished he turned around and crossed his arms "if you don't like it you can go naked besides I didn't want to go too small and risk buying something that wouldn't fit you that way so I figured I'd get something bigger besides if its bigger maybe it won't rip the next time you change"

"Hmph." She turned her nose up at him and turned her back. She felt like it was another skin, and she was shedding it, though if she did she would risk being completely vulnerable.

"Well. Where to now?"

He growls a bit at her and clenches his fists. Damn this girl was getting on his last nerve and he wanted nothing more then to slap her around and put her in her place. But he wouldn't because he was raised better then that "we go to my home..my camp for people like me."

"Do you even know exactly where that is from here? Can we get there without being eaten or killed or choked or cu into itty bitty pieces?"

Maya still felt cold, despite her heavy clothing. His home? What would the people there think of her? Would they try to kill her like everybody else?

"yes I know where it is its on long Island sound no one can get there except for demi gods so its perfectly safe"

"Which way then? Since you seem to know everything."
She muttered the last part under her breath. She needed to refrain from changing unless absolutey necessary. Her body still hurt from the change, her bones seemed to creak with each slight movement.
She needed to trust Jason. Trust him to get somewhere safe where she could finally start building a life of her own.

He crosses his arms and narrows his eyes a bit. He heard that last part but he wasn't going to comment he was done dealing with her attitude so instead he just started walking further into the forest

Status
Not open for further replies.