A Hidden World (w/Andy)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maya looked at Jason, who was still out cold. He must have been up late.
She watched him as she snored softy. She saw how calm he looked, he never looked that peaceful when he was awake. It was probably all her fault.

She looked around and saw that the fire was dying. They needed more wood in order to keep it going. With a shrug she stood up and into the trees, picking up relatively large sticks and cradling them in her arms. She wanted to make it back before Jason found out she had gone along without him.

He gave a small grunt as he heard her get up but his brain registered the sound as non hostile so he stayed asleep and curled up into a ball

Maya grunted as the heaviness of the sticks she was carrying was finally at her capacity for weight. She turned and started to head back, occassionally cursing as sticks fell from her grasp. She waddled back into the small clearing they called camp.

She tried to be quiet, as she saw Jason still sleeping. She was about to set the sticks down, but her foot caught on a root and made her trip. Maya hit the ground with a small squeak, and the sticks she was carrying hit Jason, scattering the branches across him, and the ground below him.

"Crap..."

Jason shot awake immediately and looks around quickly. When he notices that it's just her and that she had tripped and dropped wood on him he let out a small sigh and sits down again and tosses the wood onto the fire "you really need to be more careful"

"Maybe you just chose a really bad spot to sleep." She snapped back, picking up the dropped sticks and thorwing them into the fire.
She didnt feel like sitting again, so she went and put her back to a tree, crossing her arms over her chest. She didnt want to speak, but she felt it would be awkward if she didnt .

"Where to now, Demigod?"

He looks up at her and then back at the fire as he tossed a few more sticks in the fire "first I go catch us some dinner then we continue towards camp half-blood that's the best place we can go"

"Why are you worried about dinner when its morning? You really are confused, arent you?"

She waked over and started to kick dirt onto the fire.

"Let me help you hunt."

He looks at her and frowns "i'm talking about breakfast smart girl and unless you want to eat raw meat I'd suggest that you'd stop kicking dirt into the fire"

Maya scowled and shifted her shoe, kicking a patch of dirt in his direction. She turned her back to him and stared into the brightening forest.

"Well, show me how to hunt then, smart guy."

He growls a bit and stands up and brushes the dirt off of him and walks after her "I'm not sure if you have the kind of tact for hunting it's something you have to be actually quiet for"

She turned on and him and crossed her arms. God, this guy really frayed her nerves. She wanted nothing more than the punch him, but it would have the effect of a kitten punching a german shepard. She growled at him and took a step torward him, her eyes seething.

"For your information, I can be plenty quiet!" She shouted, her skin feeling hot.

He growls back at her and shakes his head "you haven't proved that you can since I met you so no your not going anywhere how about you try and get the fire that you kicked out going again"

Maya grumbled under her breath and watched him leave to go hunting. How was she supposed to learn if she never did anything? He was getting on her nerves, more than usual.

She looked longingly at the fire she put out. She regretted doing that, seeing as she never made a fire on her life. She never had to.

Groaning she picked up two sticks and rubbed them together, like she had seen on some movies. The only thing that she managed was burns on her palms from rubbing them together.

Great.

He came back only 20 minutes later with 4 large rabbits and set them down beside her. He looked at the fire that she hadn't started and then back at her "I thought I told you to get a fire started"

"If you wanted a fire, maybe you should have showed me how to start one, Smartass."

Maya glared at him, not even glancing at his catch. This guy was pissing her off. Why did he expect her to start a fire when she didnt even know how?

She hissed at him and threw down the sticks she was using in a sad attempt to start a fire. Well, that was pointless. She crossed her arms around her chest and looked at him, fire lighting in her eyes.

He glares at her "and you wanted to go hunting as well when you don't know how to hunt either" He sat down and put the two sticks she had been using on the pile of wood. He then grabbed two rocks that were nearby and struck them together setting of a spray of sparks that soon caught fire on the wood.

She watched him with slight envy in her eyes. How did this guy know so much? It wasnt really that fair. She wouldnt be as upset if he was willing to teach her. Damn, this guy needed to get the stick out of his ass.

She leaned back and looked at him, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Are we going to get moving soon? This place is giving me the creeps. I want to make it to your secret clubhouse before whatever is in this forest eats us for lunch."

He looks at her and narrows his eyes. He says nothing as he quickly skins the rabbits and then makes a spittle to cook them over the fire with. "it was your idea to come here in the first place"

"As much as I love playing the blame game, that doesnt answer my question."

Maya crossed her arms and folded her knees to her chest. This was frustrating. How could this guy be so irritable? Christ.

He shakes his head and sits down and stares into the flames "if you want to eat it'll be until the rabbits are done cooking if not then we can forget about all of our meals all together and be there within a few days"

Status
Not open for further replies.