A Hero Gets His Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wolfxfox22

Original poster
Name: Conner Kent, aka, Superboy
Anything Else?: You'll just have to wait and see.

superboy

When people ask what someone wants to be when they grow up, they'll say 'a doctor' or maybe 'a police officer.'
Well, with Conner, he was born with his job- made with it, actually. He's Superboy, so called cousin of Superman.
And apparently the hot one of the family.

It's the first day of school in Gothim City, where almost all the superheroes seem to be- at least, it's where Conner is- and already Conner has broken three school rules.
He had his phone out in the halls, was late showing up for school, and also had food in his homeroom.
And right now, he's sitting it all out in the main office, waiting for the principal to talk to him.

"I don't see what the big deal is- I was just telling my 'guardian' that I made it to school and just forgot to eat breakfast. Don't you guys push for students to eat breakfast? That's still a thing right?"
Okay, he may have had a cup of coffee and it's just now hitting his system... But at least he isn't running off.

(Hope this is cool for a start off, YL.)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/049/c/a/tim_drake_by_f19850928-d5vd1ye.jpg

[BCOLOR=#000000]Tim Drake was an all around prodigy. Everyone thought so. Rather it was in school where he got great grades, in sports where he excelled any physical challenge someone would give him, brain teasers and puzzles are his personal favorite. The greatest one that he ever solved had to be figuring out Bruce Wayne was Batman. Something countless men on both sides of the law wanted to know so badly and did all they could to figure out and this kid did it. Not only did he do it, Tim came up to Batman and demanded that Tim become the new Robin after Jason Todds death. Long story short he is Robin now. He excels in that too. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Some would say Tim is the greatest Robin that ever was since not only did he get to train with Batman, but the original Robin who now hold's the superhero title Nightwing and real name is Dick Grayson. So much praise would get to most kids head, but to Tim it all does not really matter. The one thing that Tim wants to do is be a great son for his father. Even he says himself that he does not plan to do the Robin game forever or try to please Bruce like Dick Grayson does. Least in his eyes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Walking down the hallways with a backpack on him Tim Drake was just about ready to leave the school grounds and head back home to see his father and tell him about getting an A in that test in history. Another A. Not anything special really. Then all of a sudden a voice hits his ear drums and peaks inside the detention room to see exactly what was going on. Human curiosity got the better of him.
[/BCOLOR]
"I don't see what the big deal is- I was just telling my 'guardian' that I made it to school and just forgot to eat breakfast. Don't you guys push for students to eat breakfast? That's still a thing right?"

"
You can't use your phone for whatever reason in school! This is a place for learning! Don't try and play innocent or dumb with me!"

Isnt that Conner Kent? The one who is the cousin to Clark Kent? Well talk about a total 180 from your genetic pool. Clark must go crazy over this one. Not to mention his parents. Wonder where they are. Hm. Wonder what the kid is like up close? Opening the door a little bit the teacher who was in the room turned around in shock "Tim Drake?! You have detention?!" A small laugh escapes his lips. "Of course not mister ashwhole! Actually I've come to get Conner. See today his cousin Clark is in town and they are having family time. Kind of an important thing for the Kents. Same when a Drake comes to town. So if you don't mind letting me have him? I know this seems odd, but Kent was tied up in traffic and I was here already ..."

Ashwhole grunts and shakes his head. "Well anyone else I'd say they were lying and tell them to leave, but I can't see you lying about anything! Take the child and go. Be careful though! Don't let his bad boy reputation rub off on you!" Um ... Pretty sure personality is not something you can catch. "Sure thing!"

Wow, total 180 indeed. Conner would usually not follow this sort of thing, but when it's a Drake, you listen to them. He gathered his things and walked over to Tim, so very tempted to blow a raspberry at Ashwhole. But that would just get him into more trouble than what his time was worth. "Should do this breakfast talk another time. How about over burritos or doughnuts. Teachers like doughnuts, right? Right." Yeah, he's so not getting off the hook next time. "Drake, my main man, how's it going? We're late, aren't we? Let's go."

He steered Tim down the hall a little ways- totally out of earshot of Ashwhole- before letting out a sigh. "Dude, I owe you. Seriously doubt I would have been able to get out of there on my own.... By the way, how did you know my cousin was in town? Did he make the papers already?" Conner didn't really care that much for his older cousin- mostly because he was such a 'got to be a good guy' kind of guy and took things too seriously. Granted Conner was the same when he started out but then he realized that sometimes you can over do the 'good guy' role and just be too much. Which Clark was, he was too much of that good guy.

"Also, where the heck is this room?" he asked, holding up a paper, pointing to what is his next hour- Algebra 2. "Didn't get a chance to really walk around, so I'm lost in this place."

[BCOLOR=#000000]Normally Tim would feel bad and correct the other kid for doing such behavior. Although Ashwhole was not a nice man and although not usually mean to Tim his friends would get in trouble for no reason so the boy let Connor just have his fun. Once they were gone then the boy was ready to hear the other let out praise for saving his behind. Although outside verbal praise Tim did not really plan on making the guy do ten billion favors for him just because of bailing the kid outside of detention. Hell Tim just wanted to study the kid if anything.

Dude, I owe you. Seriously doubt I would have been able to get out of there on my own.... By the way, how did you know my cousin was in town? Did he make the papers already?
[/BCOLOR]
"I doubt that he is here actually. Sure you know that since your last name is Kent people have been talking about you. I've not partaken into any of that, because typically people will make up the craziest rumors like your an alien bad boy clone of a Kent and mixed with some evil's guy DNA. Which given this city and the stuff that goes on isn't exactly that far fetched of a theory about anyone or anything, but I'd figure its best to know the boy himself."

Looking at the paper and the number Tim was quick to know where to go. "Ah. Ok see that number says 2314? Well the number in the thousands place represents the floor. So in this case its the second floor you need to go to. Despite what people say I think your smart enough to figure out the rest. If it's just the hundreds then that is the basement floors. All the rooms should have their numbers painted outside, so its just a matter of locating it and finding it." Tim was saying with a smile happy to help the boy out.

"Well I've done all this and I believe we have not been properly introduced! Where are my manors? I'm Tim. Tim Drake." Holding the hand out forward in Connors direction Tim stood still waiting for the other to take the hand in a shake.

"Lemme guess- extremely talented boy genius?" Conner ventured, half teasing and half serious, as he shook his hand in a firm- but not too firm- handshake. "Name's Conner Kent, but you already know that. Also, that was a crazy explanation of room numbers." Translation? Didn't even listen. Well, actually he did but his brain didn't register any of it other than first number means floor. He was more interested in just hearing Tim talk- what can he said, smart boy has a nice voice.

"As for that theory, heh, great guess. Would have been cool if it was real." Which it kinda is in some way but there's no need to explain that. Knowing my luck, he probably already knows that which is why he brought it up and he only said that to try and make me slip up... Or it's just a rumor. Wow, really sounding like I'm some detective or something.

Right about then, Conner's phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket, checked what it was, but apparently ignore whatever it was because he turned off his phone and stuffed it back where it belonged. "So want to go hang out? I've got nothing to do for a few hours... Unless you have better things, then it's cool if you have to bail." Was he nervous or just trying to not do whatever he saw on his phone? Makes you almost think that he's hiding something either very important or very embarrassing. Or maybe both? Nah, probably not both.

Reactions: Yaoilover91
Lemme guess- extremely talented boy genius?

Putting a hand upon his forehead Tim just shook his head not able to believe that this is happening again. "I really don't like to be called a genius. Seriously just a simple kid who knows things. Does not make me a rocket scientist. Please don't talk about me as such. It's silly honestly. Really I just listen well to others and most people just prefer to talk."

Name's Conner Kent, but you already know that. Also, that was a crazy explanation of room numbers.

... Well I did not expect that type of answer from all that. What's so hard about it? I think its quite simple and smart myself. You just need to locate the room which is so easy I'm sure a baby can figure it out. Did he even listen to me?!
"Right. Totally complex."

As for that theory, heh, great guess. Would have been cool if it was real.

"You think so? Sounds like it would be hell to me. Really it seems kind of unfair that everyone seems to expect you to live up against Clark Kent. I mean it's Clark Kent the human version of a total angel. Does not due drugs, doesn't cheat on his taxes total goody good Clark! Don't get me wrong I'm happy he is such a good guy, but who can live up to that! I kind of have the same thing going on with my life in another thing, but it isnt nearly as bad as yours. So I feel for you."

So want to go hang out? I've got nothing to do for a few hours... Unless you have better things, then it's cool if you have to bail.

Curiosity made Tim want to know just who was calling him. Curiosity is what made the kid bail out Conner in the first place. Although trying to peak at his phone was not something Tim was interested in doing. The boy did have privacy. "Yeah sure we can. Just let me give a quick buzz to my dad and let him know where I will be so that isn't a problem." The boy whipped out his own phone that had a Flash logo case on it. Batman or Robin was way to on the nose for his liking. "Hey dad. Tim ya. Going to hang out with a friend so won't be home right away. Ya. New friend, you don't know him. Ya I will tell you all about him at home. I love you too dad. See you later." Beep. "OK now then. You have someplace in mind?"

I really don't like to be called a genius. Seriously just a simple kid who knows things. Does not make me a rocket scientist. Please don't talk about me as such. It's silly honestly. Really I just listen well to others and most people just prefer to talk.

"Sorry, I just...Used to calling another guy who's a lot like you 'genius.' Granted he's now boring and too serious to take seriously." But I guess that's what happens when you can actually grow up...well, grow up in a way that actually shows. Yes, he was totally thinking of the first Boy Wonder- Richard Grayson. But he wasn't about to let that bit slip.

You think so? Sounds like it would be hell to me. Really it seems kind of unfair that everyone seems to expect you to live up against Clark Kent. I mean it's Clark Kent the human version of a total angel. Does not due drugs, doesn't cheat on his taxes total goody good Clark! Don't get me wrong I'm happy he is such a good guy, but who can live up to that! I kind of have the same thing going on with my life in another thing, but it isnt nearly as bad as yours. So I feel for you.

"Finally, another person who gets it." And here he thought he would be on his own with the whole Clark Good Guy thing. But now he was curious- who was the guy...or girl... that was like his so called cousin? Conner put that bit of thought aside for later.

OK now then. You have someplace in mind?

"Very glad you asked. Ever been to the top of the Justice building?" He couldn't actually fly up there but thanks to some rock climbing gear and a good toss, he was pretty sure he could climb to the top with no problem. That or use Sphere... or would that give him away? You know what, just going to climb....or go somewhere else. "If you have then I know of a great pizza parlor downtown. We could take my s..cycle. It's uh, home made. To some extent." Totally almost said Sphere.

She wouldn't mind, right? I mean it's just one more passenger... Eh, if she doesn't want to take us, I can just say she's outta gas. Brilliant idea.

Reactions: Yaoilover91
Sucky post I know but my brain didn't know how to extend "Give a yes answer" any further.
"
Very glad you asked. Ever been to the top of the Justice building? If you have then I know of a great pizza parlor downtown. We could take my s..cycle. It's uh, home made. To some extent.

Well ya I been on top of the Justice building. Any hero of the league has and all their little posse's. Cant tell him that though. GOod thing he offered somethihsomething el... OK. That was weird. Sounded more like an s then a c by the first thing he was saying. Looks like the younger Kent has secrets. Hm. That only makes me more interested. Curiosity over takes me! I've got to find out more!

"Ya know the Justice building does sound pretty breath taking, but I think the Pizza idea will be best. Besides I been eating my veggies lately! Why not be a pig for one day?" The boy smiles and gives a sly smile and leans forward close to his ear whispering "Race ya!" The boy after that speed away to the door. Since the halls were empty and the entire school seemed to be gone sept teachers Tim didn't mind running. The boy started to realize he had no idea where this cycle of his was even at, but didn't want to seem foolish so just kept running for it.

Race ya!

The idea of racing almost made Conner laugh- actually he did laugh, because Tim was going the wrong way. "Yeah see ya there!" he hollered before walking casually in the opposite direction and exited the building. There, in the front parking lot, was Sphere...in cycle mode. He jogged over and patted her metal framework. "Extra passenger today, Sphere. Don't worry- he's not that heavy looking." Sphere whirred and beeped at him before a second passenger back rest unfolded from the seat. "Great thinking." Conner commented. Now to wait for the little racer.

Or he could race him to the back... nah, best to stay where he was. No telling if he was going to change direction and head to the front parking lot. Besides, if he goes to any of the other parking lots- i.e., the back or stadium lots- then he could just wait for him to holler for him and then drive over. Either way, extra passenger. Heh, and I get to gloat at winning the little race... But it would be more gloat worthy if it had been Wally or Bart... Wonder what they're up to.

As if she could read his mind, Sphere popped up a screen in the front of the cycle- you know, where the gages show up- and sure enough it showed him what the Flash and Kid Flash were doing. "Sphere! Put that away, I wasn't being serious about wanting to know what they were doing!" Conner exclaimed, covering the screen with his hands. She beeped again, as if going 'oh really?'

Tim raced through the halls feeling like the windhad nothing on him. It felt like he never ran this fast before. It could be that the secret sidekick will never run this fast again. his feet feeling like they pump down upon the ground and made it his own.I will win the boy thoughts. It seemed like it was inevitable.

Bursting forward with his hands reached out pressing against the metal doors both of them swing open wide allowing Drake 2 launch side the school building. Running around for a moment it's slowly dawned upon him that it was totally the wrong way. "The bleachers?! I totally went to the back of the school!"

turning around and dashing to the corner of the building Tim try to make the flash seem slow by comparison. Eventually the boy saw Connor and totally missed him talking to his bike

running right up to him and panting heavily the boy was exhausted. " I went running the wrong direction. Now I feel like the new kid." a sly smirk flashes Connor

Last edited by a moderator:
I went running in the wrong direction. Now I feel like the new kid.

"No need to worry. You had a one third of a chance at guessing the right parking lot, seeing how you didn't know which one I parked in the first place. So it's cool, it's cool." He was trying so hard to not call him a cute little brother- no doubt they were technically the same age so little brother wouldn't even work. And uh... Never mind, point is, he was trying to keep his composure.

"Do you ride with or without a helmet? I have a spare if you do, though I personally don't." Probably because it feels too weird and if I did crash- ha fat chance- I'd be just fine. Ah, the perks of being Superboy...

Sphere beeped at them, popping open the storage area that resided under the seat of the cycle, revealing not only spce for their stuff, but also the spare helmet Conner mentioned. Conner cleared his throat. "Must have pressed the release..." Sphere, you're going to blow my cover!

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#000000]Do you ride with or without a helmet? I have a spare if you do, though I personally don't.
[/BCOLOR]
That does not make me feel comfortable in the slightest that this kid doesn't wear helmets. What does he think that the kids 'got mad skillz yo?!' seriously!

"It would make me very happy to wear a helmet. I'd try to convince you to wear one, but something tells me it be a losing fight. Just be careful ok?" looking down at the thing that made noises then seeing it give out a helmet Tim was a bit shocked and confused.

Must have pressed the release...

"Um. I really do not want to seem like a attacker here, but I was watching you and you didn't press anything ... am I just missing something?"

Um. I really do not want to seem like an attacker here, but I was watching you and you didn't press anything... am I just missing something?

"Uh, yeah. I have an app on my phone that opens the storage compartment. I probably butt activated it...Like butt dialing? Which is why you didn't see me press anything." Smooth recovery, Conner. Real smooth, just hope he doesn't ask to see the app- which you don't have!

It would make me very happy to wear a helmet. I'd try to convince you to wear one, but something tells me it be a losing fight. Just be careful ok?

"I'm a very careful driver...rider... um... cyclist? Yeah... But yeah, no need to worry. I've only just recently gone helmetless in my cycle riding ways. And by recent, I mean today." he explained, flashing a coy smile. Totally just made that up wow I am such a liar. Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... heh.

Butt dial? Well it does make sense since phones can pretty much do anything these days including do stuff like a remote control. So it would not be such a far stretch to think somehow the phone turned on and the thing popped open. Sure the boy seemed nervous while talking, but he assumed it could be just not used to talking to people. He seemed very anti social with other kids. Least that is what he heard. Rather or not this is true remains to be seen, however Tim seemed to be getting along quite well with him so far and no anti social behavior has popped up yet.

"You seem nervous. Why not relax? I really don't know whats wrong, but I promise if its something to do with me thinking your weird or being scared you will not do that to me. I can assure you nothing you can say or do will surprise me. Now if you want to keep your secrets that is fine, but at the same time Id like us to keep an open line of communication and stay friends. That sound cool?"

Tim just wanted to lay it all on the table. He didn't expect to learn anything crazy to be told to him. Least not yet anyway. That will need to be worked on. Sitting down on the passenger seat of the cycle the boy gestures for the other to get on. "Well? I want to get pizza and get to know you! Don't keep me in suspense!"

"Fair enough..." Guess it would hurt to be a bit more trusting... Maybe I could tell him- nope nope nope. Shut up Conner, Clark told to keep your mouth shut. "I guess I can tell you some things over the pizza." Conner grinned before climbing onto the 'bike.' "Also, you might want to hold on to something... because this is going to go faster than you think. But it's very safe, promise!"

Before either could do anything, Sphere 'rumbled to life' and then sped them away, zipping them through traffic like it didn't exist. Or like a video game, either simile works. Granted the speed away happened as soon as Conner had his hands on the hand grips. Because that would have been dangerous- or possibly very confusing and hard to explain- if they hadn't been there when Sphere decided to race them over to the pizza place.

Sphere slowed down to a smooth halt in a parking spot in front of the pizza parlor, beeping twice before 'turning off.' Conner let go of the hand grips and ran a hand through his windswept hair. "See? Safe..." Sphere, you are so busted if you just blew my cover.

(Hey. Sorry for not responding for what seems like forever. Not sure if you seen my status upon my profile wall, but I've been dealing with a fever and felt not myself at all. Then my mom had her gallbladder removed and wanted to be there for her for that ((she is fine btw if you care.)) and it has been insane three or so days. However now I think all is great and want to get back into this roleplay full force!)

Also, you might want to hold on to something... because this is going to go faster than you think. But it's very safe, promise!

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Huh? Hey wait a minute I ..." The boy had to speak to late, because the cycle was speeding already. Tim's mind just heard Connor say to hold onto something over and over and his body just reacted gripping onto Connor's muscular chest and held tightly while both eyes kept closed. I can face killer clowns, living clay figures and total sadists, but I can't even be brave enough to open my eyes during this?! What is wrong with me?!
[/BCOLOR]
See? Safe...

The boy opened his eyes and looked around then totally realized that not only was Tim right up against Connor like they were lovers, but at the pizza parlor. Did I pass out? I could of sworn just a moment ago we were at the school still. The pizza parlor is across town. This is so embarrassing. Letting go of Connor and stands up from the cycle Tim smiles trying to play it all off like nothing happened.

"Awesome! Well I suppose we can go in and have fun then!"

(I am pleased to hear that both you and your mother are doing well. Was kinda scared that you had worse than a fever when I saw it on your status... but thankfully it was only that! And I agree, full force. :D)

Awesome! Well I suppose we can go in and have fun then!

Conner almost laughed, but he held the laugh and just grinned. "Yeah, let's go have fun." To be honest, he had no idea how to have fun in a pizza parlor. But there was an arcade, so maybe Tim can show him how with the games they have. Or maybe they would have a pizza fight... no, wait, they'd get kicked out. Kinda don't want to lose access to great pizza...so maybe no fighting with pizza slices. Heheh. he thought as he walked over to the pizza parlor door and opened it for them. "After you, Drake."

A pair of teens walked past the door and giggled, murmuring that 1) that was cliche, 2) cliche but cute, and 3) they are probably gay. But Conner pretended not to hear them. He wasn't the type to dwell too much on the words of strangers. That and he classified his actions as being polite.

Tim was walking into the pizza parlor with a happy grin upon his face. Holding the door wide open was a nice gesture for sure. It was quite manly and chivalrous. Tim could not really hear the others talk about him, but even if Tim did hear school was not a popularity contest. Least not to him. It was all about getting good grades and that was not a problem in the slightest. Looking into the place it was quite spacy and very Italian looking. They even had Italian music playing and everything. Along the walls were movie posters and band posters that were, you guessed it Italian. "Got a theme do we?"

A waiter came up and smiled. "Welcome guys! Hope you all are ready to have fun and eat til your stomachs cant take it anymore! Please come with me! We got a empty spot for you!" They all walked over to an empty spot in the place and put the menu down in front of both their faces and left for them to decide what they want, but not before getting what drinks they want.

"Mountain Dew. Please." The waiter wrote it down along with Connors and left. "So what do you think looks good? I'm really a fan of mushrooms and sausage. I've only got so much cash and I want to play in the arcade too so I'm only getting those two toppings."

So what do you think looks good? I'm really a fan of mushrooms and sausage. I've only got so much cash and I want to play in the arcade too so I'm only getting those two toppings.

"Oh, I'm getting the Hawaiian with olives, sausage, and pepperoni. If you want more toppings, get 'em. I'm buying." He offered another grin as he pulled a hundred out of his wallet. What can he say, he never knows when he's going to buy something. Well, actually he does but it doesn't hurt to have extra. "They also have dessert pies- I hear that the Oreo crumble is the best, but I'm not so sure since their apple pie is delicious and comes with ice cream." He gave a shrug.

The waiter came back with their drinks- Tim's Mountain Dew and Conner's cherry Dr. Pepper- and said he'd give them a few to think of their orders, leaving them a bonus menu for their new deals and desserts. Conner almost choked on his first sip of soda when he read the first deal. "No freaking way- they have cheesecake now?! Dude that is so cool!"

People at nearby tables giggled or rolled their eyes at his reaction- a few muttered that he was being loud and one let out a 'oh wow, really?' and ended up ordering some cheesecake. So, in a way, he was being disruptive, but at the same time he was being helpful. If he hadn't had that outburst, that customer wouldn't have known there was cheesecake and therefore wouldn't have ordered any, which in turn would mean that the parlor wouldn't have made a little extra money- and blah blah blah.

(Mergerd now I want cheesecake...)

Oh, I'm getting the Hawaiian with olives, sausage, and pepperoni. If you want more toppings, get 'em. I'm buying.They also have dessert pies- I hear that the Oreo crumble is the best, but I'm not so sure since their apple pie is delicious and comes with ice cream.

Egh. Hawaiian? Never was a fan of that style of pizza. Guess it goes to show my family never came from there at any point. Well whatever its not like I have to be the one eating it. Besides it would be better i-wait a second did he say he was buying?!
Tim was about to open his mouth to say something, but it seems like even more stuff came from his mouth before Tim could get a word in.

No freaking way- they have cheesecake now?! Dude that is so cool!

I doubt he realizes I am trying my hardest to express something here, but dear god was that freaking adorable of him to do! Wait ... adorable? Did that really just came from my mind? Thats kind of gay isn't it? That did not happen. Move along! Although maybe not admitting to himself what feelings were inside some smiles cracked upon his face after such a display of emotion cracked from his face. Once again what other people thought of him didnt really matter.

"You know I'm happy your happy, but turning the volume down a little bit Conner would be a good idea. Your sort of getting attention of people all over here. How did you get so much cash by the way? Also don't worry about getting me extra stuff. I am trying to keep in shape for my athletic after school activities." Which would include saving the city with Batman.

The waitor comes back. "Hey guys! Have we made up our minds!" "Ah yes please give me a Chicago style deep dish pizza with mushrooms and sausage. Make sure there is a total of eight slices cut because that is how I enjoy eating it." The gave the menu over to the waiter and looked over at Conner and could not help but stare into those deep eyes. Wow were they hypnotizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.