A Hero Gets His Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry dad. He isn't saying for me to come home like last time, just wanted to check in on me making sure everything was alright. Anywho let start walking to the cafe and you can tell me what is up with your Algebra.

Conner grinned. "As you say, Mon capitan." And so they headed to the cafe across the street- Thalia's Caffeinated Cafe. "Well, I have no idea how to do distance formulas... Or turn percents into numbers or numbers into percents... I also missed the entire python lesson? Involved triangles?" He had a confused look on his face. "I think that's it." Nah, he was just being modest. He actually knows nothing about Algebra. Sadly he didn't get Clark's or Lex's brains. Or math brains. Anyways, when they got to the cafe, he was polite and held the door open for Tim, like the gentleman he was.

"Is it okay if we order something to drink or snack on? I'm okay with paying- my treat, ya know?"

Last edited by a moderator:
As you say, Mon capitan.

The boy found the way he said that funny and showed it by a small chuckle. Once the boy started to ask about all the stuff he flashed a smile. "Well its simple. You see ..." (enter easy way to understand Algebra and shit because I know jack about it.) "... although that is one of the more easier way to understand it." He explained like it was two plus two. Once at the cafe he looks over at Connor. "Hey now you are trying to steal my thunder! Don't try to pull a me!" He said teasingly half serious half joking.

Conner let out a humble laugh. "Me? Pull a you? Steal your thunder? I think not. Buying us treats is pulling a me. After all I bought our pizzas. And how else am I to pay you back for your time and wisdom? Just humor me and let me buy you something." Stubborn boy. I wonder where he gets it. "And uh... Sadly your explanation didn't hit home. Can you repeat it... Preferably on paper...?" And he is still lacking in the brains department. Silly boy.

Tim sighed. This was going to take a while. "Fine. Lets start with finding a table. This is important that you learn what all this stuff is. Now that I am your mentor of sorts I will not let a student of mine fail!" He said with such pride and passion in his voice. Then it hit him that the boy was holding the door open for him. "Oh well arn't you nice! If I didn't know better I'd say you were trying to flirt with me." That statement slipped his lips as he didn't mean to say that out loud just think it. His face turned a light shade of red. "As a joke of course!" He felt a bit at ease when adding that to make the gayness tone down. "Anyway finding that table!" Going into the Cafe he noticed that Christmas lights were everywhere.

The holidays were always celebrated at the Drake home and this only made his eyes light up like it was the fourth of July. A nice table in the corner of the cafe was calling out to the secret hero and threw the backpack onto the nice wooden square table and then after Connor catches up Tim points to the front. "If you want to be such a gentleman get me a Hot Chocolate with an extra pump and a pinch of white chocolate in there to add flavor. Oh and make sure that on the whip cream they put both chocolate and white chocolate drizzle with it! Large!" He made a mental decision. If someone was doing something for him then he was going to test it. Normally Tim would not do such, but it was rare something like this came around.

Conner pretended to write down Tim's order on invisible paper with an invisible pencil before giving him a salute. "Your wish is my command, sir." He flashed a grin before he set down his stuff and half jogged to take care of their order. He himself would get a large cup of coffee with caramel, chocolate, white chocol- all toppings- and three shots of espresso and a nice serving of foamy milk. Basically a cavity and caffeine rush waiting to happen. Oh, and a small box of confections. It took a few minutes for their order to finish and he returned with arms full- or rather, hands. He set the delights on their table with a little bow, and proceeded to repeat back what Tim asked for-

"Hot Chocolate with an extra pump and a pinch of white chocolate in there to add flavor. Oh and make sure that on the whip cream they put both chocolate and white chocolate drizzle with it. Large. Did I miss anything, sir?" I'm pretty sure that while he was saying that, he was giving a impression of Alfred. Hm. Canny. "I also saw to purchasing cheesecake samplings, a few brownies, banana and pumpkin bread, and a selection of cookies...To um...Spoil you..."

Was that a faint blush on his face? I dare say it was.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Your wish is my command, sir.

The way that Connor pretended to write down his order and the way he acted just made one word scream out in the boys head. DOOORRRRRK! Dear god is this guy a total dork! Zeus strike me dead if he isn't a sexy dork though. I'd not change him for anything.The boy smiled and waited for the drink in order to continue the lesson. Once the other came back and heard that he repeated the drink perfectly Tim was quite impressed "Not even my dad can remember all that detail! You must have some type of super memory or something!" The side kick took the big tall hot chocolate and started to sip it lovingly and a soft sigh of happiness escapes his lips. That stuff just hit the spot

I also saw to purchasing cheesecake sampling, a few brownies, banana and pumpkin bread, and a selection of cookies...To um...Spoil you...

"S-Spoil me?" That was new. Not even Bruce tried to 'Spoil' him, but then again Bruce did not have a raging crush on Tim earthier. Anyone else with some sense could probably tell what was going on here, but being there and the kid just not getting it all that could be done was smile. "Thanks. You really did not have to do that, but I imagine you would say something like 'Oh it's nothing. Anything for a friend.' or something like that. So I'm just going to say your an awesome friend! Don't think that will get you out of this Algebra though!" Taking some of the food off of his hands the seat right next to him was patted. "Come on. We got plenty to go over."

Thanks. You really did not have to do that, but I imagine you would say something like 'Oh it's nothing. Anything for a friend.' or something like that. So I'm just going to say your an awesome friend! Don't think that will get you out of this Algebra though!

"But you're more than a friend- and forgive me for sounding so.....I dunno how to phrase it, but you're still more than just a friend." Conner said as he took a seat. Not even my dad can remember all that detail! You must have some type of super memory or something! "And wowzers, you figured me out- however can I hide my memory now?" That was meant to be a joke because we can tell he doesn't have a super memory. Pretty sure he was not going to remember any of this tutor session except that he was sitting by a cutie, had some sugary treats, and was with a cutie. So cute.

"So... What should we go over first? I'm cool with any point."

(Aaaaaaand no idea what to do except have Conner think 'Tim is a cutie' over and over.)

More then a friend? Just what did that mean? What was Connor saying? Now the boy was nervous and shook like a leaf falling from a fall tree. Just what was going on here? For now they boy decided it would be best to just shrug it off and move on. After all there was algebra to learn.

So... What should we go over first? I'm cool with any point.

Speaking of the devil! Tim moved over so the two were side by side in order to see Connor's answers. This also was helping to see the process. If there was an error Tim would spot it and point out what the flaw was or ask what the thought process of figuring the problem out was.

Tim worked with him for a while making sure the answers were proper and that a general grasp of what was being presented was shown. After a while something kept echoing inside the boy's head. It would not stop no matter how hard the bird hero tried.

But you're more than a friend- and forgive me for sounding so.....I dunno how to phrase it, but you're still more than just a friend.

This was just bothersome. What did he mean by that? Just what made Tim more then a friend? This had to be found out. "Um. Can we stop for a moment? I've got to ask. What am I to you? You say were more then friends, but don't quite get what your hinting at. What exactly are you saying?"

Um. Can we stop for a moment? I've got to ask. What am I to you? You say were more then friends, but don't quite get what your hinting at. What exactly are you saying?

"Oh... I um... I um... Well... It's hard to explain... Really, it is. I don't even know... how to even explain it... It's... Like we're just more than 'friend.' I guess....best friends? Partners in crime? Two peas in a pod?" Conner fumbled with his words, very flustered. It didn't help that his mind was still trying to keep hold of all the math stuff. Might lose some of it. "Just...take it as you will. Just know that I hold you in higher regards than when we first met... Okay?"

He picked up his not as hot as before coffee and sipped at it, blushing just as much as he had when he had said 'spoil' earlier. Gods, I'm an idiot... Really, I am... I can't believe I am so close to bursting THAT bubble... But I can't... Damnit, I can't! Tim wouldn't understand- hell, I don't even understand the majority of it myself. We're friends- maybe best friends- and that is it. We're not going to end up a couple... But damnit, I would thank all gods if I am wrong...

"Um....do you need a refill on your drink...? I remember your order still..." he offered/questioned. He hoped that would serve as a good distraction, one that'll break the ice maybe.

Severe confusion was plastered all over the boys face. What in the world was going on in that head of his? Tim was happy they were friends and did not doubt they could become best friends, but it felt to early to say such things. Something like ... well something deep had to happen in his mind for that to happen. Tim was still trying to figure out if he should tell him about his sexuality.

No. That would be an awful idea. If anything that is a guy who is as straight as my hair is black. Can't be giving out deep secrets like that. Batman does not even know. My father just found out. Thankfully my Dad was good about it, but this is different here. Egh got to get out of my own head before you tip this guy off.

"Um ya a refill would be great. Also when you come back lets try a few math problems just to see your understanding of the stuff I've been teaching you. Its nothing major just a couple simple ones. Then we will move into the harder stuff on the page. It's really simple I promise." The boy sighed softly with a soft smile. Tim had other friends, but something about this one felt different somehow. What that was the sidekick could yet say.

Um ya a refill would be great. Also when you come back lets try a few math problems just to see your understanding of the stuff I've been teaching you. Its nothing major just a couple simple ones. Then we will move into the harder stuff on the page. It's really simple I promise.

Conner nodded. "Right away then." he said before hurrying slightly to get Tim his refill. He was still blushing at the counter so he got a weird look from the cashier. "Um... Sorry my friend and I ran across something odd on Tumblr. Totally wasn't prepared for it...So um, can I have a refill on this hot chocolate?" The cashier nodded and Conner relayed the toppings and such.

Soon after he returned to the table he and Tim were sitting at. "So! About them math questions?"

Tim was ready for teaching math. "OK. So. Lets make this simple. You see this number here? This is called a numerator. Now what that is ..." Tim went into detail, but did so in a way that made it sound simple and less threatening that you find in a class room. Trying to help learn with Conor's mind set. That was not to say Conor was dumb, just the normal type of school internment would not work well with him. "... So that is how you turn that into a percent. Any questions? Comments?"

"...Yeah, one question- why the heck do we have to learn this stuff?" Conner was retaining a majority of what Tim was saying but he honestly didn't want to learn this stuff. He wasn't objecting to being taught by Tim, just...being taught math. To be honest, the only math I want to learn is Conner plus Tim and what it equals. That is the ultimate math question and the only one worth knowing. But it also the hardest to figure out because I don't know the right formula to use in order to solve for x which would be the outcome of Conner plus Tim. Wow, I'm thinking math now. Maybe it's sticking after all.

"Besides that, I have no further questions." he said with a smile. "I will say that you're a great tutor." With a great butt- I mean brain. And butt... And everything else. Fuck.

Oh gosh the things Tim would say if mind reading was a thing he could do. Naturally it wasn't. "I'd imagine that you have no more to learn for this lesson. When is Clark coming anyway? I want to know how long I've got with you before he yanks you away." Not like Connor didn't deserve it, but Tim being a good boy surely did not. Sighing softly he sips some more hot chocolate and his mind started to wonder about things. Like how his 18th birthday was coming up in February. Specifically the 22nd of February. He'd be a full adult at that point and be his own man. Still a virgin, but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Eyeing up Connor was enough of a prize on its own. "So Connor. You ever wonder ... like maybe things are not suppose to be the way they are? Like ... this may sound weird, but say you were not normal. You knew that you were out of the ordinary in several ways. You could not tell anyone about any of it and it ate up at you inside. What would you do about that?"Didn't hide that was about me, but I can lie my way out of it if need be.

(Hory sheet you know my birthday...)

I'd imagine that you have no more to learn for this lesson. When is Clark coming anyway? I want to know how long I've got with you before he yanks you away.

"Clark said he'd be around five or so... depending on how that editorial was going..." Conner said thoughtfully. Ha! As if he was writing one... Okay maybe he was but who cares? Probably only Clark, just saying. Conner made a face at the next thing Tim said- So Connor. You ever wonder ... like maybe things are not suppose to be the way they are? Like ... this may sound weird, but say you were not normal. You knew that you were out of the ordinary in several ways. You could not tell anyone about any of it and it ate up at you inside. What would you do about that?

"Oh... well sometimes I do wonder... Sometimes it even keeps me up, wondering stuff like that... But what would I do? Well... I would find someone like me... Or a deaf person and tell them. At least then they wouldn't be able to know what I am saying. Heck, telling a baby would work too. Or a wall... But I would basically find a way to get it all out...and then just go on with my life because if I wasn't normal... I would be use to not being normal. Because that...would be normal for me." Basically how he has not gone insane so far. All of this...so true. Except the deaf person, ain't no way he was going to trust even them. They read lips. Maybe not all too well but still. "If you were in that situation, what would you do?"

Tim was happy that Superboy did not figure out that he was talking about himself. It was a joy that words could not express. Although rather or not his question was answered was still up in the air.

"If you were in that situation, what would you do?"

"Me? Well I suppose I'd do my best to try and blend in not to tell anyone my secrets and always act like everything was fine every time and if anyone tried to ask me if everything was alright I'd lie because they don't know and they cant see my insides so it all works out! That is if that were the case." Hm. Seems that Tim knew how to answer that question well. Almost too well!

Me? Well I suppose I'd do my best to try and blend in not to tell anyone my secrets and always act like everything was fine every time and if anyone tried to ask me if everything was alright I'd lie because they don't know and they cant see my insides so it all works out! That is if that were the case.

"Your approach sounds nice but what about the backlash of bottled up feelings from not telling? How would you work those out?" Conner asked. He didn't find it at all odd that Tim responded this way- it was his own opinion on how he would have handled the situation if it were real- which it is for both of them but neither know that about the other.

"Also, if no one is to know, then that leaves out seeing a counselor so don't say you would go with that. Your answer settled you up to be all alone on this, you do realize that, yeah?" Ouch, hard blow there, Conner. But Tim could always counter with 'what if there is a counselor who already knew this stuff about me in this situation?' Although that is a lame loophole, that would still work out into his favor...

Your approach sounds nice but what about the backlash of bottled up feelings from not telling? How would you work those out? "Also, if no one is to know, then that leaves out seeing a counselor so don't say you would go with that. Your answer settled you up to be all alone on this, you do realize that, yeah?

Wow. Sure know how to drive the steak in my heart like I'm Dracula Connie. Seriously it's hard enough I'm trying to keep this from my father, yet I want to tell him, but Batman says no and there is so much pent up gay homosexual want in my body that my body could betray me at any moment and just go all gay and do something I'd regret.

Rubbing his head as Connor talked the sidekick was having quite enough. "Look. This is kind of hard for me to talk about this alright? Can we like ... change the subject?" Tim could not take much more. This was clawing at him and trying to burst out the chest screaming in the pain. "Whatever you want to talk about we can, but please not more of this."

Look. This is kind of hard for me to talk about this alright? Can we like ... change the subject? Whatever you want to talk about we can, but please not more of this.

Conner frowned a tiny bit but nodded. "Okay... Um...What's your opinion on pets-"

"Conner! Long time no see buddy! Oh, Tim too? Phew, that's convenient." Oh shit, it's the Flash- well, in his day-to-day outfit, where he looks normal. Oh snap, how are they going to figure this out... Conner had a questionable look. "Uncle Barry? What are you doing here? And how do you know Tim? And why is us being here convenient?"

"What, bad timing? Conner, come on, you know I know practically everyone. I think I remember meeting Timmy here when he was... 12? Were you twelve or thirteen?" Barry asked Tim, looking at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Conner! Long time no see buddy! Oh, Tim too? Phew, that's convenient.

Crap crap crap! Why did he have to show up here of all times! If he found out that I'm Robin thanks to this guy before I tell him ...

Uncle Barry? What are you doing here? And how do you know Tim? And why is us being here convenient?

UNCLE?! DAMN IT! FUCK! NO! OK! Ok ok. Calm down Tim. Wally is an airhead, but he isn't someone who just blurts out your secret identity since you and him are heroes. He knows that your secret is one that you take to the grave. Now then lets just take a step back and get this all worked out.

"Oh Wally hey! Ya glad to see you again! It feels like its been ages. You need to talk to me about something? Could this have to do with my dad or maybe Bruce Wayne?"

Status
Not open for further replies.