A Hero Gets His Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my little corner on this earth.

"Your little corner on Earth which has posters in the closet." Conner said pointedly before smirking. "Were they of teen models you have dreams about or were they punny genius posters? Or both?" Conner you're not playing nice! Granted you don't know that Tim is who he is, so I guess this will have to do... for now!

Before Tim could probably hit him or get even more embarrassed, Conner raised his hands in defense. "I'm letting you know right now that it's okay if it's both. There is room in the world for both puns, girls, and geniuses. Take Nightwing for example- or Batman, though I wouldn't be sure about him." Or even about there being room for girls... Maybe feminine guys... Though M'gann was a nice sight for a while, until she did that memory bullshit last year.

"Oh, and not only did I bring you your bag, but your pizza too. They're waiting downstairs." Genuine smile here.

OK. Not touching any of that. Just ... move on Tim. Keep moving along before this gets weird and it just becomes one big ... I dont even know. "OH PIZZA?! That sounds awesome!" The boy said opening the thing and looking at it feeling around seeing it was cold. "We will need to put this back in the oven. It feels rather cold. Thank you though! It was awesome of you to bring this! Also for your information my posters are not of any of that and not important to this friendship. Now if you excuse me and follow I shall make this pizza warm like they called me firestorm!"

No clue if Connor knew who that was. Being with Batman got you some knowledge of the weirdest heroes for sure. Whatever the case maybe the boy came downstairs and slide it into the oven starting to work on heating up the pizza for consumption. If Connor followed Tim would smile and ask him "So do you have anyone in your life that you um. Well you fancy? Like anyone ... I should say any girl that you really like to spend time with?" He was trying to ask if he had a girlfriend. Although tehe question for some reason really embarrassed him.

We will need to put this back in the oven. It feels rather cold. Thank you though! It was awesome of you to bring this! Also for your information my posters are not of any of that and not important to this friendship. Now if you excuse me and follow I shall make this pizza warm like they called me firestorm!

Hehehe... He said Firestorm... man that guy is hot... because he's fiery... Nah, he's hot. "I think you need to be like ten years older and probably a foot taller to be Firestorm...and on fire." Conner pointed out. But you're hot- BRAIN SHUT UP. Geez, you just met him, stop thinking...just stop. Poor Conner, he can help what his mind thinks... At least he's being complimentary towards him. "I don't recommend being on fire though."

So do you have anyone in your life that you um. Well you fancy? Like anyone ... I should say any girl that you really like to spend time with?

Nooo not the girl question... "Um... No, no, I don't really have any girl that I really like to spend time with. I mean, I befriended a few girls, but they're so not into me. I'm just not a ladies man, I guess. But hey, right back at you- any girl that you like to spend time with? I bet all the girls at school throw themselves at you..." Conner offered a grin. That could have gone so much worse. Granted he left out the detail that he wasn't straight, but that can come into the spotlight later...ooooor never. Yeah, never works. Totally works. Unless Tim is in his playing field. Then boo-yah! Unless he doesn't want him... then no boo-yah.

Um... No, no, I don't really have any girl that I really like to spend time with. I mean, I befriended a few girls, but they're so not into me. I'm just not a ladies man, I guess. But hey, right back at you- any girl that you like to spend time with? I bet all the girls at school throw themselves at you...

That is odd. I feel oddly relieved that no woman has tried to get to him. Could that mean something? Like do I just not want my friend to have a good life? No no that can't be it. Not at all. Has to be something else going on here. Hm. What is going on here? Can't say as if I know. Damn hormones surging through my body and not knowing what the hell they mean. ... no no don't ask me the girl question please! It's hard enough working with men in tight spandex costumes and not stare!

"Well you know I talk to some girls. Can't say they and I are a 'thing' or whatever you want to call it. Just friends. There is one girl that I talk to called Barbara and she is really nice." Use your own female sidekick to hide your gayness. Smooth Tim real smooth. "Don't really have time for girls anyhow. So much to do in a typical day with school work and studying for tests and all. Just don't have the time." There we go. Slip out of the conversation. Good job. Ding! "Oh the timer went off! The pizza is done!" Pulling out the pizza and putting it on the table.

Tim pulled a chair out for Connor to sit down in before going to his own chair. A soft smile coming on his face. It would seem they were back to their dinner date. Wait a second ... date? No not a date! That isn't true! This is just two friends hanging out pure and simple! No homoerotic undertones or anything! "Um. So what attracts you to me? I mean ... after I just left you like that what made you still wanna hang out? Thought you would never wanna talk to me again. Not to say that is what I was hoping for because it isnt!"

Bzzt! bzzt! The phone was going off and Tim pulled it up to see Bruce text him. "Do you know of a kid called Connor Kent? Clark is looking for him and says that he isn't suppose to be out and was grounded because was suppose to be doing something important, but instead was out with some kid." Tim darted his eyes up to Connor. You are making me an outright liar today. This is twice I have to lie for you. "Um. No not familiar with ... wait Clark has a family?" "He does. Clark got ..." "Egh stupid phone isn't working! It just turned off before I can read my message!"

Conner tried his best to keep a straight face at Tim's words about girls- especially when he said that a girl named Barbara was really nice. It's what you get for getting your hopes up, Conner. You should have known he was straight. I guess another one bites the dust... Let's see, that makes Aqualad, Kid Flash, Greyson, and now Tim. Great. Go figure all your male friends would be the straight ones. Then again, they do say it's better to date a stranger than your friends...

Um. So what attracts you to me? I mean ... after I just left you like that what made you still wanna hang out? Thought you would never wanna talk to me again. Not to say that is what I was hoping for because it isn't!

Conner took a seat and made a thoughtful face. "Um... Probably because you made a lasting first impression... and I will admit, when I make new friends, I kinda cling to them a bit at first, but to get to know them better, ya know? Also because your backpack and your pizza couldn't stay with me forever... Or at least, longer than twelve hours, because I would have seen you at school..." He cleared his throat just as Tim's phone went off. He cheated a bit and used one of his abilities to see who it was from at the very least- who's Bruce?

"Who ya texting, Tim? Distant relative?" Conner asked just before Tim said his phone wasn't working. He made a face then his own phone buzzed at him. He looked at the message- it was from Sphere, telling him that she hacked Tim's phone. He hurriedly text a caps locked 'why' back to her. Yes, he was texting his motor cycle. Because It Was Not A Person Who Needs To Be Communicating With Your New Friend At The Current Time. And with that said and done, his phone also stopped working. "The heck? Mine stopped too!"

Gods almighty, Sphere you are so busted.

Um... Probably because you made a lasting first impression... and I will admit, when I make new friends, I kinda cling to them a bit at first, but to get to know them better, ya know? Also because your backpack and your pizza couldn't stay with me forever... Or at least, longer than twelve hours, because I would have seen you at school..

Clingy? Really? He does not seem like that? I can't really say that Id mind him being clingy. Hey, those big strong looking arms around me can cling til the sun rises and sets. Those arms can cling to me til it can't cling no mo! Those arms Zeus damn it I just realized how amazing those things are!

The heck? Mine stopped
too!

"Egh! What company do you go through? I was talking to someone who is VERY important! I hope that nothing to terribly bad was going .... On." In the distance the phone started to ring and Tim held up one finger "Hold on that maybe him now." Running to the phone which was a cordless he picked it up and sat down "Hello?" "Ya your phone was hacked. Didn't want to resort to local lines, but there is no other choice. Anyway if you find that boy or know of Connor's location tell me or Clark. It's super important that we find that kid." "Um ya. Right. I'll make sure to do that. Soon as I find him. Ok bye." Tim hanged up and looked at Connor wondering rather or not to indulge him. "Connor. I wanna ask you something important. You don't have to explain if you don't want to, but I feel its important to know for our friendship. You ... have not broken the law have you? Like, you have not done something that would be bad enough for the cops to take a warrant out for you. Right?" Please say no please please say no.

Egh! What company do you go through? I was talking to someone who is VERY important! I hope that nothing to terribly bad was going .... On. Hold on that may be him. Hello?

Conner frowned at his phone. The company doesn't matter if I know who did this. Question is, why Sphere? Who was Tim talking to and why shouldn't he have had talked to him at this moment? And why the heck did she have to shut down my phone too? That was uncalled for! Like seriously, uncalled for.

Connor. I wanna ask you something important. You don't have to explain if you don't want to, but I feel its important to know for our friendship. You ... have not broken the law have you? Like, you have not done something that would be bad enough for the cops to take a warrant out for you. Right?

"Why would you think I broke the law? Do I look like a criminal? If I do, then please, don't let looks be deceiving- I didn't break any law or do anything that cops would take a warrant out for me. I'm a good kid, promise!" Why is he asking about this kind of stuff? Wait...am I in trouble? Did Clark call the cops? Am I being amber alerted?! "Was that the cops on the phone? Am I amber alerted? Wasit Clark?"

Was that the cops on the phone? Am I amber alerted? Wasit Clark?

Damn it! I had got him all riled up now. Have to think of how to get this back on solid ground and calm him down. Think Tim think.
"No no and why would he call me?! I'm just some kid who lives in the middle of the city. No it was just someone who ... well I can't tell you who it was. It's a secret. Your not in any trouble with the law, but I do think your cousin is looking for you after what I've heard.

Conner let out a sigh of relief. Hooray for no cops. "Well... You know how I said that Clark is my guardian? Well... I didn't tell him I went to the pizza parlor and he said I was grounded... And I didn't tell him I left the house... Or that I came here... Without his permission." Bad Conner.

"I would call him but... I don't want to see him. I know it'll mean more trouble for me, but... He's like a dog crate and I'm the dog. I get some freedom but then it's back to his rules and just... I want to say I wished I never lived with him but my dad is an ass... " he shrugged. Pretty much it.

Tim could not express in words how much relief that got off his shoulders. No crime! Just Clark wanting to know where Connor was. Had to be hard adopting someone who was the total opposite of you. "OK. That is good to know. Now here is what I'm thinking. You know Clark ... I hate to say it, but the man will find you. He is a reporter and has senses like a hound dog. Don't get me wrong I love our time together and really want to keep it going, but the more you aggravate your guardian the more he will not trust you and not let you do stuff. I'd rather have three more times we can hang out later then just one now."

Tim sat right next to Conner rubbing his shoulder "Look I know this isn't something that you want to hear right now, but the truth of the matter is it is really the best thing to do. Really the small time we have spent together right now has been more fun then anything I've done with anybody! Most of my friends are pretty boring. You are the total opposite of that. So ... for me? Tell you what. I'll spill one of my biggest secrets that no one knows about to you if you do this for me. Not even my dad knows this secret!"

Hopefully that will sweeten the deal. It would seem like something that would get the boy's attention. Then again what would happen if Tim gave this secret up and the entire friendship was ruined. He was not about to tell he was Robin, but this other secret would be something that totally makes Connor hate him.

OK. That is good to know. Now here is what I'm thinking. You know Clark ... I hate to say it, but the man will find you. He is a reporter and has senses like a hound dog. Don't get me wrong I love our time together and really want to keep it going, but the more you aggravate your guardian the more he will not trust you and not let you do stuff. I'd rather have three more times we can hang out later then just one now.

Conner frowned slightly- he was still going to listen, it's just...Well, not what he wanted to hear. The shoulder rub didn't help ease things either.

Look I know this isn't something that you want to hear right now, but the truth of the matter is it is really the best thing to do. Really the small time we have spent together right now has been more fun then anything I've done with anybody! Most of my friends are pretty boring. You are the total opposite of that. So ... for me? Tell you what. I'll spill one of my biggest secrets that no one knows about to you if you do this for me. Not even my dad knows this secret!

Conner was just about to ask what this so called secret was- yes he paid zero attention to the other stuff, sorry Tim- when the door bell rang. Ironically, his phone came back on and started beeping at him- and Tim's phone started working again. Conner looked puzzled, wondering what the hell was going on until multiple messages on his phone's screen read 'get out' and 'abort.' "Ah...I think that my phone's being hacked..." Completely random, but he really thought that was case.

(Clark's at the door)

Tim all of a sudden felt his phone spring to life and felt so confused. "I think my phone is being hacked too. Oh great now someone is at the door. Just give me a few minutes." Going to the door and opening it Tim saw the one and only Clark Kent standing before him. "Su-Clark! I mean ... Clark Kent?! What are you doing here?" Tim obviously knew it was Superman. Heck thanks to Batman the two worked together and well knew who each other were. The thought that maybe spilling the beans to Connor was one of the worst things that could have happened. "I did not expect someone like you to come to my home! What can I do for you today?"

"Hello Tim. I already know that Conner is here- his cycle is outside. Do you mind telling him he needs to come home now? I rather dislike being a bother, but he really does need to come home." Clark gave a knowing kind of look, as if to say 'You know that I can also see him in your kitchen because I have x-ray vision, right?'

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Conner was scowling out the window. Damn, Tim was right...like a freaking hound. But I don't want to leave...I'm having fun here with Tim...and if I go, Clark won't let me hang out with him. But if I don't go, I definitely won't get to hang out with him...

He hurried over to the door, a plan in his head. "Tim, how am I suppose to learn Trig if you're not there to help me- oh, Clark, fancy seeing you here. Tim and I were just finishing up our Trig study. He noticed I was having trouble and offered me some help, which is why I'm here. Is it really that late? Gosh, time must have slipped out the window. I tried to text you where I was, but for some reason, Tim's and my's phones have been on the fritz..." Lying right through his teeth- to some extent.

Clark didn't look like he was buying it. "Conner, as much as I would bellieve that...you're not even in Trig. You're in Algebra 2...again." Conner made a 'I...crap' face. "Um... Well Tim, it was great to hang out with you! Hope we can hang out some more this weekend!" He made a 'call me' gesture before bailing- but Clark caught him by the back of his shirt, making the super teen whine. Clark offered an understanding look. "He'll be ungrounded Sunday. Feel free to stop by." NOW they leave, Conner pathetically waving bye to his friend as he was half dragged, half herded to Clark's car. Sphere was on an attached trailer so that takes care of getting her outta there.

Tim did not want to lie to Clark, but at the same time not being with Connor was a total stab in the heart. Again it was weird for such strong feelings after the first day, but it felt like they were just ... he felt like they were two puzzle pieces that fit together. Although they not be the same they just went together and understood things about each other no one else could.

Thankfully for the goodie two shoes Connor did not really try hiding. Coming forward outside and trying to act like he was studying with him. Tim knew better and knew Clark was not buying that. This guy beats wizards, androids, mad scientists and evil business men on a daily basis and has powers that make mythological gods jelious.

The boy knew that calling was going to be a bust. Superman probably had ways to hide that cellphone that only he could get it back. Sighing softly Tim closed the door and could only hope to see the other at school tomorrow. Going into the bedroom Tim laid down and sent a text. "Don't know if Clark took your phone or not, but know that when you read this I had a great time hanging with you and hope to do it many more times in the future. When ... well you are a good boy like me :P Oh and maybe I should actually help you with that Algebra huh? Ya know so that way we can use that excuse for real? It's not hard. Anyway ... Ill see you soon hopefully."

The hero fell asleep and woke up the next day recieving messages from Bruce all jumbled. They were suppose to be from last night, but whatever happened to his phone totally screwed the text up. What was up with that? Whatever it was Tim could not think of it right now as it was school time. Going into his school outfit he left and went to school. He sent Connor a text "Hey don't know if you got my text last night or even if you get this. Meet me at the bleachers outside after school. I'll help you with school work. I think if I can be your study buddy Clark can let me slide with coming over to see ya."

"Conner, as much as I respect the fact that you're trying to make new friends, that does not give you any excuse to just run off and do what you want without checking in with me." Clark said to the super teen when they got home. He was talking in a calm and reasonable manner, to show that he really did respect the fact the boy was making an effort but also to show he meant what he said that it was no excuse.

Conner rolled his eyes. "Ever think that I want to keep my social life to myself? I get that you're trying to be some parental figure, but as far as the world knows, you're my cousin, not my parent. So yes, I went and did what I wanted without checking in- so what? Other people do it. Not just crooks, but good kids too." he quickly pointed out before Clark could try and argue with that. "But- I am getting a feeling that you already know this, hence why you told Tim he can stop by Sunday. Or did you lie about that?" He crossed his arms, fixing the older man with a pointed look.

Clark raised his hands in an honest gesture. "I didn't lie. Tim may come over Sunday, yes... But you're still grounded. You can still hang out with him but as your punishment, you have to go on patrol with Flash and Batman whenever they ask to come along for a month. Once that is over with, you can patrol with whoever you want." Conner made a genuine 'you're serious?' look. "You're also grounded from Sphere for a week. I'll be dropping you off and picking you up from school and wherever else you go until you're allowed to resume using her for transportation." At his words, their communicators beeped at them- it was Sphere, who was showing irritation at this punishment. "No worries, Sphere- Conner will be able to use you on patrol." Sphere beeped in acceptance.

Conner gave up on arguing and went to his room without any more words. The next morning, he woke up early to text Tim, letting him know he got his texts and that he would meet him at the bleachers. He took a shower and got dressed before going to the garage, hoping to get to Sphere before Clark woke up- but sure enough, the reporter was waiting for him, car door open for him. "Nice try Conner. Shall we go then? We can stop for donuts if you behave." Conner frowned and got in without a word. Curse his teenage stomach for wanting donuts. They arrived at the school without a hitch and Conner dashed off to the bleachers where he was suppose to meet up with Tim.

When he got there, he didn't see Tim anywhere. He went to text him to see where he was when he saw that Tim said after school. "Oh..." To his first hour then!

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry for a super short post I had NO idea what to put here)

It was a typical school day for one Tim Drake. He did all his homeowrk in a timely fashion, got his test back and got an A of course and just read books while he had free time. The books were for studying of course. He had the last hour to himself and sat in the bleachers studying waiting for the boy to come his way.

(It's alright X3)

Conner didn't have as easy of a day as Tim, but at least he didn't get detention. He fell asleep in his first hour- was given a warning- and had a pile up of homework from his other classes. The only class he had no issue in was weight lifting, granted he was Superboy so he kinda cheats in there because it is hard to not cheat when you're naturally strong. He visited the showers provided by the class and bailed as soon as the last bell rang, saying everyone was home free. As he dashed to the bleachers, he sent Clark a message that he'd be a bit delayed getting to the pick up area. Clark had no problem with this, telling him he had until five o' clock to do as he wanted so long as he stayed at or around school.

Conner skidded to a hault as he got to the bleachers, almost running into them. His hair was still dripping from his shower. "Yo! Tim!"

Tim did not mind the wait for Connor. As long as the kid did not bail or anything then Tim did not mind the wait. He would not think that Connor would do that would he? Sure he had a bit of a bad boy streak which did get the super bird hero to list after him more but the junior Kent was not THAT bad. Least he hoped. The book was an interesting read in any case.

If he knew just how fast the Superhero was going Tim would of been flattered and probably would be more red then tomatoes. Although there were clues to the rushed job that the raven haired high school student performed. Hearing the secret legacy to the super title speak made Tim saw the hair drip.

"Hi ... Connor. Um. Did you sort of ... your hair. It's wet. That or you were sweating more then any regular human should." Tim thought to himself and I'm not gonna lie. Seeing that boy sweat would be a dream come true.

"Um anyway so tell me what do you need help with in school work? I promise whatever it is you will be treated with respect. I think if Clark saw you doing this we could sneak in more visits. Most people do know me as a bit of the good boy anyhow."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ... Connor. Um. Did you sort of ... your hair. It's wet. That or you were sweating more then any regular human should... Um anyway so tell me what do you need help with in school work? I promise whatever it is you will be treated with respect. I think if Clark saw you doing this we could sneak in more visits. Most people do know me as a bit of the good boy anyhow.

"Hm? Oh the wet hair... Showered in the weight lifting room. I would have been worried if I sweated more than a regular human should. Heh... Um... If ya don't mind that much, could you help me Algebra 2? My brain gave up in Geometry..." More like he just wants something to use for them to hang out more. It wasn't going to hurt him that much if he failed Algebra 2...again. Well, Clark would probably knock some sense into him but that was Clark.

"If ya want, we can go 'study' at the cafe across the street. Clark told me I have free roam so long as I am around the school..." Or unless Batman or Flash calls this get together short with patrol. He doubted that bit though. And begged it not to happen. I don't want to bail on Tim- nor do I want him to find out who I am so soon...

Hm? Oh the wet hair... Showered in the weight lifting room. I would have been worried if I sweated more than a regular human should. Heh... Um... If ya don't mind that much, could you help me Algebra 2? My brain gave up in Geometry...

Oh man Connor does weight lifting?! Tim do not think about this! Your lucky Connor forgot to ask you about your secret last night so don't spill the beans unless you have to! You don't even know if he is ok with gay people yet. He is looking at you waiting for you to talk damn it! Speak!
"Yeah uh no problem! Math subjects people typically hate, but if you know some simple tricks then it really isn't that much of a problem. Just show me what areas you are having problems with and I'll be happy to lend you a hand or two."

If ya want, we can go 'study' at the cafe across the street. Clark told me I have free roam so long as I am around the school...

Hm. The cafe does sound nice ... If Clark said it be fine then I suppose so.
"Ya that does sound like a nice place to go. We can get oursleves some hot chocolate and study ... hang on." His phone was buzzing like hell. Pulling out the phone he saw it was Bruce. Why does he ALWAYS message him whenever Connor is around! I want you in the cave tonight. Working on a new device that will make it easier for us to escape traps, plus the Riddler apparently didn't learn his lesson from last night and broke free. No question he will strike tonight. See you at six sharp.

Tim at first seem annoyed and upset, but then a little relieved. At least his time with Connor was not cut and maybe Clark could catch them studying together and the super sidekick could sneak into Connors time out session Clark put on him. "Sorry dad. He isn't saying for me to come home like last time, just wanted to check in on me making sure everything was alright. Anywho lets start walking to the cafe and you can tell me what is up with your Algebra"

Status
Not open for further replies.