A Hero Gets His Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry/Wally looked between the two of them, a look on his face saying 'is this a quiz?' "Um...to your question, Tim, no it doesn't have to do with them and I only dropped in because I figured I'd say hello... Conner, to you question, I'm here to say hello and stuff, I know Tim through his dad and Bruce- actually went to high school with his dad and mom even though I was a freshman and they were seniors but hey still good friends- and you guys being here is convenient because there is a party down the block and I can't go unless I have kids so grab your stuff and lets go! Also Clark told me to pick you up, Conner- there was a crisis at the office that he could not leave alone."

In other words, Superman time.

"And no need to worry, Timmy, I already talked to your dad, he says it's fine so long as I get you home before 10...maybe 11. So can we go?"

"...yeah I didn't follow any of that." said Conner.

...yeah I didn't follow any of that

Well that is probably thanks to him being struck by lightning and somehow getting to be so fast that you can blink and literally miss him. Then again I would not expect Connor to know about such things. Whatever though.
"I bleive what he is trying to say is there is a party that he want's to go to, but needs us to follow him. I'm assuming because your still grounded, but me I'm not sure why he needs me, but not going to complain if we get to hang out more. You did do good on your math today. You almost got it all one hundred percent right."

"I got a hundred percent?" Conner asked, wide eyed. "He got a hundred percent? Perfect! Now lets go celebrate." said the Flash, who- not too fast- quickly scooped up their books and stuff, sorting them into their backpacks. Heads up, Conner's stuff is in Tim's bag, vice versa. He also helped himself to some of the stuff in the sweets box.

"Uncle, you're showing off again." Conner said, rolling his eyes. "But at least-" "I didn't go into full motor, yes I know, I get it- see I can be a good boy. Now let's go! There are girls to flirt with and flirting with girls." The speedster snatched up the box and went outside, where he would wait for them. Yes, I just gave away that Conner knows that Flash is a speedster- but to what extent, I cannot say... Probably hinting that he's fast, I don't know.

Conner rolled his eyes and smiled at Tim. "Well, guess we should get going... seriously though, 100%?"

The whole bit of Connor and Flash talking about the speed that he had and all was totally ignored. It was a long teaching session and Tim felt some pride that he could get this supposed bad kid to do very well on homework. It was really beautiful to him. So the whole part of Wally talking openly about being the flash and was a speedster just went over his head. "Well you took your time, but yes you got a near hundred score. It was quite impressive go to from the bottom all the way to the top like that. "You just need to remember this stuff on your tests and you should be fine and also you seriously know Wally? I mean ... he's a OK guy and all, but didn't think your family would let you socialize with ... well a flirt like him. Rub off some bad lessons onto you ya know? Least that is what my mom said for a little while."

"Dude, I've known Wally...Barry... Him for a long time. He's more into girls so why worry? Now come on, my awesome teacher buddy, and let's go keep him out of trouble. Because...well, 100 is great...and yeah..." Conner trailed off because he realized that if he spilled any more, he'd let Tim know that he was crushing on him. Something he wouldn't want to do...yet. Especially after a day like this- seriously, that'd be rather cliche and Conner just doesn't fly that way.

"Also I think he switched our bags..."

"Yoooooo! Come on brain boys, I want to party!" hollered Flash.

Tim just rolled his eyes. Out of all the crazy shit that goes on in Tim's life he knew for sure that this was the real Wally West. No doubt about that. No one could mimik him that well. Getting up with a sideways glance. "Switched our bags? What do you mean?" He asked confused not sure what he was getting at.

"You mean you didn't see it? He put my math book in your bag- and yours in mine." Conner said, gesturing to his and Tim's bags. He even reached over and opened his bag and pointed at Tim's mathbook. "See? Now either he wants me to work harder and you to take it easier...or he has some other shenanigan up his sleeves." Could be both for all they knew. Or neither. Maybe he just wanted to switch their bags for the hell of it.

"Egh. He is just a guy who enjoys messing with people. I don't feel like playing games right now though so he is going to get a talk with me. I know all of this stuff already!" He said switching their mathbooks. "He is ... one of a kind for sure. I suppose we have to follow him now huh." He gets up starting to make his way over to Wally and follow right behind him.

"We can follow him but ditch him at the party if you don't want to stay." Conner offered quietly as Wally led the way. He wasn't the party type, to be honest- he liked fun things but...parties either go bad or great for him. Maybe it'd be fine... or it wouldn't.

"No ditching or Clark will ground you longer~" Wally said with a sing-song voice. Yeah he was listening to that.

"He is right Connor. We need to listen to him."

Conner let out a big sigh. "I really hate Clark sometimes..." He would elaborate more but suddenly, they were all immersed in a cloud of smoke. "What the?!"
"Shit- run!" Flash said. Ha! No problem for him, he has superspeed. Which he totally just used to get out of this mess.
"I can't see! Tim- cough cough- Tim, are you okay?" Who would smoke us out? Where are they... Man I feel fuzz- nonono, this can't be happen... "Cov- cough- cover your...mouth...sleeping...gas.." Conner started coughing bad enough to go down to his knees, but it just kept happening and he couldn't move right at all.

(Throwing in some spice)

(Good call)

Tim was not expecting the sleep gas. Who was doing it was not important. He was pretty sure this was his fault though as he got himself a gas mask out of his backpack. Didn't everyone have one to spare? He knew that Connor would be fine as it seemed to not have any poison in there, but it still would not be good to leave him there. Whoever was doing this was going to pay. He jumped up from his seat and looked around seeing if there was any hints going on. "WALLY?! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE AND HELP ME OUT!"

"And get my butt hammered because you want me to get back into the fray when I don't have that one suit on? Dude, we can handle it later when we're not going to get our butts handed to us!" Wally hollered, not very far ahead.

"Gas not good... Get out now..." Come on, Conner, just hold your breath and get out of the gas, you're not going to pass out- nope...no, you're fucked. Don't land on your face- He so landed on his face. Conner is out for the count.

"Look, I'll call for back up, but in the mean time, we just need to bail. Shoulda known that party was a set up..." Lucky them the gas was now clearing, which gives Tim and Wally a good view of Conner so they can muscle him up and outta there before whoever did this comes for any of them. Or see that two of three are still up and throw another sleeper at them. Man, tough night.

(Thank you :3)

The last thing that Tim was going to do was leave Connor on the floor. He had to save him. He did not have the strength of a Superboy, but that did not mean he was not going to do anything. Picking him up and starting to carry him out with the gas mask on he grunts. "You could have at the least helped me out! Seriously you sometimes make me wonder how you still are a hero."

"I typically do rescue and deliveries- you tell me." But Flash came over to help because he could tell that one, Conner was major dead weight, and two, Tim wasn't going to leave him behind so he might as well help. And so he doesn't feel guilty. And good news- help has arrived: it was Black Canary with a car for them to slip away into.

"Get in or call up a different ride. Hurry up." she said as one of the back doors opened up.

"Wow, never thought I'd get picked up by you, Canary. What is this, an early birthday present or a date?"
"Save it, Flash. Not really the time for romantics. And it's a getaway, duh."

Tim was happy that there was a ride now, but he had to wonder who was doing the bad stuff. Sliding the unconcious Connor inside the car Tim ran back in changing into his Robin uniform which he had underneath his regular clothes. "Get him home safe! If he is harmed I will be upset!" He looks around the cafe trying to find someone or anything that could be a clue.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" said Canary as she peeled away- only to pull to a stop down the street to tell Flash to get his butt back there to watch Robin's back, which he did reluctantly. Then she left.
"Tim, why do we always get into the troublesome stuff?" Flash asked, already donned in his suit. "I can understand me and Green Lantern, but us two? Uh-uh. Any clues though?" He wasn't one to find clues off the bat, but if he were to wait the waters a bit- maybe five minutes- he would find some. Big if though.

(Pick the villain~)

Status
Not open for further replies.