A girl with dark secrets

Wyrd rolled his eyes and grabbed Ryder's shirt and shoved it at him.

"I really should kill you."

He threathened, but then stalked past him.

"But let's just say that Nika saved your life."

Wyrd turned around.

"You can't tell anyone about us. Understand? Or others who are more powerful then me will come after your ass."

Wyrd disappeared down the trail.

Nika was sitting on the hood of her car, looking rather miserable. Black mascar ran down her cheeks. She glared at Wyrd and Wyrd glared at her.

He watched wyrd glaring at him and nodded, when Ryder walked out of the trail he saw nika crying, and wyrd looking at her

its ok really he's just being protective over you.

She rolled her eyes.

More like over protective.

She sighed and laid back on the hood of the car. A dark shadow loomed over her and she glarred up at Wyrd.

"Why can't you give me some space?"

She snapped.

"Because I'm trying to protect you."

He hissed under his breath.

"Be lucky this doesn't reach the court. If it hasn't already."

Wyrd said.

Ryder glanced back from nika to wyrd, he walked over slowly

" court? whats ging on?

He looked at nika confused.

She sighed and sat up.

"We have a court system, though it's nothing like yours, the human's. They are a bunch of elders who make sure the vampire laws don't get broken. If they do, the lawbreakers get taken to court, judged, and most likely sentanced to death or worse."

She looked away from him.

Wyrd nodded and poked her shoulder.

"Yes and if you're taken to court, they'll probably kill you for this."

He paused and glanced up at Ryder.

"You too."

He looked at nika and wyrd shoked and shook his head slightly

" wait what did nika do?..what did i do? what law?

He had so many questions he wanted to ask but didn't

Wyrd sighed. "The law about humans and vampires. Humans can't know about our existance, for fear of how they will react. If a human knows about our kind and that fact is found out, then the sentance for that is death." Wyrd shot a glare at Nika. "Even if I were to kill you, they would still come after Nika for breaking the law." Wyrd messaged his forehead as if he had a headache.

Nika brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her knees, nodding to confirm what Wyrd said.

Ryder blanked out taking all he heard in and looekd around

" wait they dont have to know..i mean i cant take back how i feel"

"It's not a matter of they have to know, it's a matter of when they'll find out, if they haven't already. I will do my best to protect the both of you, but it probably won't do any good. If they find out, they might even be interested enough to come here themselves."

Wyrd helped Nika down from the hood of the car and gently whipped her black mascara tears from her cheeks.

"We should get you home. No doubt Edmund is going to have a few words for you."

Nika grimaced. Edmund was going to have more then a few words for her. She sighed.

He walked over to nika and touched her cheek gently as he sighed.

" im so sorry i feel like this is my fault..i know im only human but i wanna proctect you"

He kissed her cheek.

She smiled a little and leaned against his warm body.

"It's not your fault."

She said, sighing a little. Wyrd shot a jelousy glare at Ryder and then looked back at Nika.

"Come. Let's get you home."

Nika hesitated, biting her lip. "But I don't want to go home."

Wyrd rolled his eyes. "Home is the best place for you right now."

"I wouldn't be so sure." She argued.

"Dammit Nika. Now isn't the time to be stubborn."

She glared at Wyrd. "Well maybe I want to make my own choice for once!" She snapped. "And you wonder why I left you all those years ago." She growled.

He held her close breiftly before hearing the comment he backed up slightly from nika and looked over at wyrd, he raised his eyebrow

" wait you two had a relationship? dating?

He tapped his foor rapidly waiting for an answer

Wyrd nodded. "Off and on. What of it?" He asked, pulling Nika against him now. He smirked evilly at Ryder.

Nika squirmed in his grip. "Oh let go of me. You know I'm not coming back to you." She said.

Wryd refused to let go, instead pulling her closer to him still. "I wouldn't be so sure."

"Wyrd please!" She said, struggling in his iron hold.

Ryder gritted his teeth pissed as he walked over slaming his l.fist into his jaw, he felt the pain in his knuckles but strangly it didn't hurt as much as he though it would

" if she dosent want yoou back the fuck off"

He didnt know what was going to happen next but frankly he didnt care.

Wyrd laughed. "Really was that supposed to hurt me? You punch like a girl." He let go of Nika and returned the punch, sending Ryder sprawling in the grass. "Seriously Nika this is what you fall for?" Wyrd took a few steps forward.

Nika ignored him and rushed over to Ryder, helping him up.

"He's a human for crying out loud. He can't protect you."

"Are you alright?" Nika asked Ryder, trying to ignore Wyrd.

Ryder fell back on impact he winced slightly and got up as nika help him, he brougt his hand to his mouth and nose relizing it was bleeding.

" im..fine he's right im a human people like me aren't ment for people like you"

He winced again as the pain kicked in.

Nika rolled her eyes and gently touched a finger to his lips. She took his face in her hands and kissed him then. She could taste his blood on her tongue and lips and felt her fangs extend. She backed him against the hood of the car and leaned forward, wanting him. She gently kissed down his neck and punctured his skin with her fangs, pinning his wrists against the car with her hands.

"Nika! Stop!" She felt someone pull her away from Ryder, and found herself in Wyrd's hold again.

She looked over at Ryder and saw that she had started to bite him.

Ryder felt her mouth on his then his neck, when her fangs when in he winced and struggled to move as nika had his hands pinned, when wyrd pulled her off he stood there in shook slowly brining his hands to his neck

"wha.."

He could barely get the words out

Nika stared at Ryder in horror. When he looked at his hand, it was smeared with blood.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered. She could still taste his blood on her tongue. "I couldn't...couldn't help it."

Wyrd continued to hold onto her to keep her from trying to bite Ryder again.

Ryder touched his neck again as blood continued to come out, he backed up slowly feeling weak he looked at her, with no emotion on his face, he didnt know what to do or say

"i...i...i....have to go"

He stumbled to his car