A Estinthion Love Story

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darek blinked as the book was closed before he bit his lip and shifted. "Uh, well, Maybe-maybe we could look at those magazines? I, uh, also stopped by the cafeteria but they'd already thrown everything out. I wasn't able to save your magazine," he admited with a small afterword of what he thought about the idiots that had thrown such a priceless thing out at such a critical time.

Irial nodded about the magazines and walked back over to his desk again and moved the chair out of the way so he could kneel down and grab the top few. Returning to a standing position he then walked back over his his bed and sat down, turning around until his back was against the wall and he petted the spot beside him,
"Honestly Darek, please stop fussing. It's fine about the magazine, really. I can just order another one. Now come here. If you didn't know they started sending these out fortnightly, you've missed out on 4, 5 if you include the one we were looking at earlier. So come and have a look." He had a calm and gentle look on his face and his smile was friendly as he invited the other to sit with him.

Darek looked up at Irial and smiled before he found himself crawling over to his friend and sitting down next to him. Smiling he peered over the other's shoulder, reaching up to tug absently at a rough bang. One thing he hated about dying hair was it left his hair rough and hard to work with. Oh well, he supposed. He'd paid the other's back and all that was left was to enjoy the color while it last and then wait for it to grow out again. "We have a lot to look at then," he admitted, looking up at Irial with a bright smile. "So shall we start?" He was kind of bouncy at the prospect of having more to look at before he realized just how close he had sat next to Irial. He shifted a bit so that when he looked up at the other their faces weren't so close, not that he had ultimately minded. "Which would-would you suggest first?" he stammered out.

Amused at how lively Darek had become at just the idea of looking at magazines he hadn't yet seen made Irial smile and hand him the oldest-in-order edition.
"May as well start from here and work your way up. This one I think is still a little Autumn-ish, and the others are coming into Winter." He explained softly. He'd gone through these magazines hundreds of times, or at least so it felt, so he didn't mind handing them over so Darek could look at them entirely without having to lean over. Something Irial had noticed was Darek shuffling just a little further away, but he didn't question it. Personal space and what not, he presumed.

Darek looked at the other young man before he took the magazine with enthusiasm he showed for little else and began to flip through the pages, enjoying the different pictures as if he was absorbing each into an internal memory bank. "Wow, Irial I had no idea that there was so much I had missed. My sister normally sends me updates on fashion, but she never mentioned these," he said with a wide grin. He had rested back against the other, knees drawn up, attention solely on the magazine in his lap. As he'd sat he'd slowly shifted into a better position which brought his arm up against the other's in a gentle brush.

"Well they have become incredibly popular, so maybe she can't get them, or is keeping them for herself?" Irial teased softly before she shifted a little, bumping more into Darek as he did so with a softly spoken apology once he was settled again. He'd curled himself up to the other's side to better look at the magazine - though he'd already flicked through them countless times. Plus it would test Darek, to see if he would move away or not.

Darek laughed and then focused on the magazines--or at least attempt to. He was very aware of the other's moving around and bumping into him. He didn't move away this time though, looking at the other from the corner of his eye. Oh no, he wouldn't move away at all if the other kept moving nearer to him. He did find himself smiling a bit more as he shifted to bump into the other once with mumbled apologies though he didn't move away either.

When Darek didn't move, Irial smiled to himself softly and stayed just as he was, snuggled in close by his side. He even ended up closing his eyes for a few minutes before opening them to have a peek at what page the other was on.
"That reminds me, I should put in a request to get another copy of the latest one again... But I'll do that later. I-I don't want to move, just yet." He murmured, his mind not really working before he spoke so it came out in a lazy slurred, almost purred, tone. Irial couldn't help himself. Normally he was quiet good with his self control but he'd hit that point where he just wanted - no, needed, someone to curl up to for a while and just share everything with.

Darek looked over at Irial and couldn't help but grin before looking away to make sure that the other didn't catch him staring. "It is really comfortable here. And warm," he admitted softly and shifted, hesitantly, a bit closer to the other so that they could rest their head if he wanted on his shoulder so he didn't have to worry about toppling over or a stiff neck.

Oh Irial saw the grin alright and it made him smirk a little more himself.
"So what do you think so far about what you've been missing out on?" He asked softly, pointing at the magazine so that Darek didn't get the wrong idea about the question. He had to make sure he kept his mind on-track and not let himself get too carried away with the ability to cuddle up to an actual person instead of his pillow that he often fell asleep holding at night. It wasn't that he was that pathetic that he was desperate for someone, though, he just felt the need to have company, and Darek was just the right person for all the right reasons.

Darek blinked and then looked over at him. "Mm, there's so much I've missed that I don't know how I missed all these," he said, lifting the magazine slowly to emphasize it. Then he closed his eyes and rested his head back for a moment, resting his eyes which had chosen then to start acting up. "You don't by chance have contact solution and a case do you?"

"Oh, um... Yeah hold on." Irial didn't want to move, but Darek's question prompted the fact that he would have to. Pushing himself up away from the wall and off the bed, Irial's feet touched the floor and with a soft little sigh he turned and moved over to the bedside table, where he then started to rummage through the second drawer. With a small "Ahuh" sound, he turned with a smile and walked back over to stand in front of Darek.
"Here you are. I haven't been wearing contacts in a while but I learnt ages ago to always keep a case and solution. Who knows whenever Penelope will have an idea that will involved the help of contacts." He chuckled softly with a gentle smile as he held the objects out.

Darek blinked open his eyes and smiled, taking the case and rising from the bed despite liking the warmth that had grown in the spots they had been in. "Thanks," he said before he reached up with and plucked the clear contacts out of his eyes without a problem. Blinking a few times he reached up and rubbed his eyes when the contacts were out with a grateful sigh. "As amazing as it is not to wear glasses, those things still don't like my eyes," he admitted and got back up onto the bed,curling up in his warm spot.

Irial took the solution and case away and set it ontop of the dresser before he returned to the bed, but he paused for a moment, head slightly cocked to one side as he just looked at Darek. He was quite the adorable little bundle. Following Darek back onto the bed, this time Irial decided to sit sort of beside but a bit away from him, and off the wall.
"Darek..." He paused, looking down at his own lap for a moment before looking back up, "It's a little risky me saying this, but I think you're the most adorable person I've ever met. I... Just don't want to over step a line or anything, or..." He chewed his bottom lip, "Become just a rebound." It almost hurt having to say that, but it hurt more not to speak his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darek had blinked, suddenly worried that perhaps he was overstaying his welcome when the other said his name--or had asked too much when he'd asked for the contacts. He sat up for a moment and was all ready to leave the other alone if that was what he wanted.

Instead his cheeks grew pink and his mouth dropped open a little. Pleasantly surprised and a little offended at the same time he got up and crawled over to face the other. "Irial," he said with a tilt of his head. "I don't rebound on anyway. I've had that happen to me and it isn't pretty. Rebounds are for jerks that don't know that it is over. What that jerk out there did today," he reached up and timidly touched the few splotches in Irial's own red hair. "Was reprehensible and idiotic. I got over him a while ago, so please, don't worry about it. D-Do you really think I'm adorable though?"

It was incredibly strange happening to meet someone such as Darek that was oh so similar to him in a lot of ways in such a school as Esthinthion. But he wasn't complaining, that was for sure. When Darek reached out to his hair, Irial tried not to shy away and pretend that he wanted to shrink, so he managed to just blush a little and lowered his eyes.
"I just had to say it. I-I didn't mean to offend you." He murmured, not even realising that his head had tilted a little in Darek's hand's direction. Irial had been a rebound more than once and it was why he'd just given up and let himself become alone and just let Penelope do as she wished with him - which he was thankful it had been modelling for a camera and not life drawings or something more public.

Slowly his gaze rose back up enough that he could look at Darek properly, a tiny smile teasing the corners of his lips,
"Yeah, I do think that. You've given me no other reason to think otherwise."

Darek smiled a little and blushed himself, letting his hand drop down as it was his turn to shy away."I -I see, I hope that's not a ... a bad thing," he said slowly as he looked up at the other through his now dark bangs. He then blinked a few times and his eyes opened wider. Rebound. That meant that the other was interested right? He crawled forward a little more so that they were no more than a foot apart. "Are-does that mean--you are interested in me?" Blunt little man he was.

Irial went red. Had he implied too much too soon when he'd spoken? No, it wasn't that. Darek was smart enough to pick up on the meaning behind the words, and that made him glow a little with a sense of pride, though he wasn't entirely sure why. Probably would have something to do with the fact he'd finally met another guy with intelligence.
"I-umm..." Come in Irial, you've come this far and he's not stupid, he knows, so just answer him. He closed his eyes in thought, a tiny frown appearing at the same time he was trying to fight the smile and blush that had grown a little more.

Darek waited, eyes searching the other's face for some sign that he'd been right. "Um is neither a confirmation or a refusal Irial," he said softly,his own eyes sparking to life as he leaned in to try and look into his face. "If it's no then I'll let this drop but-but if you are, just tell me, because damn it if I haven't been thinkin' of you for the last few weeks since our first photo shoot together."

It was almost like he were in a movie, the way his eyes suddenly widened and he looked up at Darek and without even thinking about it he just let his instincts take control. Within seconds Irial had launched himself forward in a gentle-as-possible manner that then allowed him to be able to press his own lips with Darek's, which of course was what he was trying to do. Normally Irial could talk about his feelings if he felt comfortable enough with someone to do so, and he did with Darek, but at the same time he'd wanted to hide away in the darkness he'd let himself fall into after he'd let too many people get too close and just stay there. Being that he couldn't make up his mind was why he'd just done what he did, and later on he could just blame it on instincts if it went bad; though he doubted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.