A Estinthion Love Story

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darek's eyes couldn't possibly have widened more as he was handed the magazine. Like a trading card game collector, he treated the magazine as a holy grail, mouth forming a small o as he slowly flipped through, making sure not to damage any of the pages. He gave a weak nod. "F-F-food, right," he managed to get out as his eyes flicked over the different models. "Honestly though, anything you ever want you can have, just ask."

Irial laughed softly as he put his hand gently behind Darek's back so that he could guide the other away from obstacles if need be whilst he busied himself with the magazine, and they entered the practically empty cafeteria. Most people had taken the long weekend holiday to go home or go out and about and just get away from school. It was nice to see it so quiet.
"I don't need anything Darek. I have all that I require. Now, would you like what I get, so you can sit and keep looking and I can get us both food?"

Darek looked up when the other started to talk about food. "A-Anything would be nice," he said slowly before he turned, raised the magazine back up and began to walk over to a table blindly. As he walked he dodged a few chairs that had been left out before he finally went sprawling over a table. Ignoring it for the most part, he slid off the table and continued until he reached his usual two seat table, never once lowering the magazine.

Irial had watched and covered his mouth to stop laughing too loudly before he turned and walked over to get them both some food. It only took a couple of minutes and he came walking back over, balancing a tray on each hand, and set one down in front of Darek, and the other in front of himself as he took a seat beside the other.
"So what do you think so far? A little bit jealous is what I am. I can't wait for the year to end."

Darek was quick to close the magazine and look up, tugging on his bangs to hide the embarrassment that had surfaced. He'd been caught, or so he felt, staring at a picture where the male had been more or less half nude and it'd been very... deliciously done, if he did have to say so himself. "Uh, yeah, amazing and a little jealous. The designs are really well done," He stammered before handing the magazine back over to Irial before looking at the food in front of him. "Mm, looks good, thank you!"

Irial nodded with a small smile and then between their trays he put the magazine and reopened it.
"Y'know they've started to release this magazine every fortnight instead of every month? I'm not sure if it's because it's so popular or because there's just so much happening in fashion lately, but I'm certainly not complaining." he mused softly, eating with one hand whilst the other was free to turn pages. "I have all the others stored in my room if there's any you've missed out on reading. You're welcome to borrow them."

Darek's gaze was drawn to the magazine again, mouth dropping open as he listened. "Biweekly now? Then there are a load I have missed. I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer," he answered, before he popped a piece of food into his mouth and then chewed slowly. "Um, has Penelope talked to you about the pictures from the shoot she took with us?"

"I'm off to see her this afternoon so you're welcome to come along. She likes to take her time editing them to look the best so she'll either be done, or close to it." Irial spoke after he finished his mouthful of pie. It was one thing he loved about the school when most of the kids had buggered off elsewhere; the food was almost 10 times better tasting. nto that the food was bad of course, it just seemed better when they weren't being rushed.

Darek pulled his gaze away from the magazine and looked up at Irial. There was almost a bit of hesitation in his face before he looked down at his food, a lump forming in his stomach. What if it had turned out bad? What if Penelope didn't ever want to use him as a model again? "Um, sure, I'd like to find out how they turned out," He finally said before he pushed himself to eat more.

"My next shoot with her is tomorrow if you'd like to come along again?" Irial poked Darek's side gently with a smile, "It was fun last time. Plus I might even pull you into a few pictures. It'll be good exposure for you because Penelope should be sending her new folio off soon to some magazines. Or at least that's what she's been talking about lately anyway. Would you want to?" It was a stupid question, he knew, but it was polite to ask.

Darek blinked up at Irial, surprise registering on his face before he smiled. "If she says it's okay then I would love to tag along," he answered before grinning. "I did have a lot of fun last time too. Even if she didn't use my pictures in her folio, I'd still do it. It's fun and I like posing and stuff. I mean... Well..." He didn't want to sound stupid so he finally just shut his mouth and looked down at his food.

Irial laughed a proper laugh again and shook his head,
"You know, you're the funny one. No one's ever really made me laugh so much before. Not even Penelope and I spend most of my time with her." He ruffled a bit of Darek's hair playfully before he returned to forking some more of the pie and turned the page of the magazine back to the one that Darek had closed it on eariler. He wasn't ashamed to let out a small purr of admiration as he looked over both the little amount of clothes and the model.

Darek gave a small noise of surprise when he felt his hair being messed up more or less before his eyes were drawn again to the picture he'd been almost drooling over earlier. He picked up on the purr that the other released and could feel his own cheeks light up. Of course, being rather pale himself, the color flared to life. He tried to focus on his food and give only an appraising look at the magazine, but got caught staring again. Only, he wasn't really picturing the image before him but Irial in the outfit. His mouth went dry and he had to cough several times and take a drink before he could think again. "I like the-the outfit on that one," he tried to say to bring attention away from him.

Irial glanced sideways and suppressed the laugh that wanted to escape.
"Yeah... I like what's behind it better." Oh he was straight out blunt about it. He didn't care. It's not like Darek was any different from him and no one else was within earshot to overhear him anyway. Turning the page resulted in his own cheeks going a little red this time, the model on the page was almost stark naked beside a pair of very, very tight fitting short-styled jocks laying on a fluffy blanket. Irial's chest puffed up a bit as he drew in a long breath and held it.

Darek could feel steam start to escape his ears at the next picture. His eyes traveled first over the picture once and then fixed on the model's body. He turned though, eyeing the other out of the corner of his eyes. "You do, hmm?" he asked softly. While he had suspected Irial was less into women, he had not dared hope it was true or find out later that it wasn't. "I-I don't know. As good looking as he is, I can think of someone that would look better in either this one or the one before. He's a pretty amazing model himself too, if you'd ask an amateur like me."

Irial chuckled to himself softly, "Oh I can think of a few people actually. Only one looks really good though. And Darek, you're really not an amateur. You know what you're doing, you know what you want to do and how to do it... Being called a professional model... You're already one, really. It's just society that won't say such until you're with an agency." he shrugged and turned the page where it went back to fully-clothed bodies.

Darek blinked a few times before turning to look at the other, making no pretense of looking at the magazine. "I am an amateur. I don't know anything that I'm doing, just kinda make pretend and stuff... I mean, you were so much cooler than what I looked like no doubt," he said slowly, before looking away, gaze slowly floating to a window and locking on the semi-cloudy day outside. Slowly he seemed to drift away, gaze slowly drooping a bit, body relaxing, the grin on his lips that was normally there falling until he just looked... tired and sad. He was lost in thoughts of his future that was such a whirlwind of confusion that it was hard to figure it out. Slowly his eyes closed completely and he was back, the sad look leaving him so that he returned to the mostly bubbly young man he was. "Oh nevermind. Thank you, I'm really honored that you... well that someone that is as good as you would say that about me. Who was it that you were thinking about for those outfits?" Like a flip of a coin he was back from the sadness.

A frown, at first, had begun to make it's way onto Irial's features but when Darek returned to earth - so it seemed - it disappeared and he just smiled in return.
"Well it's just what I think about the subject, really. I'm sure others would have their different opinions but even if you just look like you know what you're doing - even if you don't think you know - then you must be better than you think." He assured gently, finishing off the last spoonful of pie but he almost choked on it at the thought and mental image that popped into his mind at the ending question. Did he dare to tell Darek?
"J-just... Just some people. L-like actors." He gave a one-shouldered shrug and reached for his drink. He couldn't do it. Irial didn't want to step in too soon; he didn't want to accidentally become a rebound.

Darek was about to say something about his stammering--question him farther he supposed. The words were right on the tip of his tongue when he felt it. Ignoring the rest of the world was a bad thing when one had a vengeful ex still on the prowl even after a few weeks of having been apart. Darek had run into Kale a few times and each time had been a tension filled battle of wits versus brawn. He'd thought he'd finally gotten away from the other, but Kale had one last parting gift that he wasn't about to let pass by.

Kale had seen the two boys sitting side by side, admiring some magazine and talking. He's snuck up, a bucket in hand which he quickly dumped over Darek's head. A dark black liquid landed on Darek's hair and then poured down over his face and body, ruining everything that it touched. The unmistakable stench of hair dye filled Darek's eyes as he cursed loudly, squeezing his eyes shut as he shot up from his seat to get out from beneath the waterfall of dye. Carefully picked outfit, ruined. Blond locks, already soaking up the color. Skin, most certainly stained. Without a word, but a triumphant smirk, Kale turned and left the two to deal with the mess.

"W-W-ASS!" Darek blindly yelled after the other before he tried to blindly find something on himself that wasn't covered in dye. "Irial? Irial they didn't get you did they?"

Irial hadn't even heard the other approach until it was too late. However not only Darek copped it but the splashes reached him and the magazine; as much as Irial hated others for being rude to others, he wasn't often one to strike back though.
"Y-yeah, but it's ok. C... C'mon. Let's go get cleaned up." He sighed as he got to his feet slowly. "The sooner we get this off the better." He did have a sympathetic look at Darek over his hair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.