A destroyed world

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I nodded. "So that guy that drove over here. What did he say and do?"

She shrugged. "I didn't hear exactly what he said."

Great... he could be a raider then... I nodded then walked outside and looked around to make sure the cost was clear then turned around and sat down leaning back on the wall.

Lacey stared down at her hands, and then her stomach growled loudly. She stood up and wandered through the building searching for food. Then she had a serious coughing fit, and she couldn't breathe, and she collapsed.

I caught her quickly just before she slammed into the ground. "Kid, you ok?"

She was still trying to breathe, but she must've had a mass build up of ash stuck, because she still couldn't breathe.

He pushed down just under her ribs to force air, and anything blocking it, out.

There was one finally cough, and a clump of wet ash was forced out of her mouth. She took Ina deep breath, glad she could actually breathe.

"I hope that's the last of it." I said as I set her down. I handed her a bandana. "Take this. Use it when you go outside." It was my only bandana... only thing to protect me from the ash but I still wanted to be the one to die in the group. I was going to join all the people I had met over the years.

She took it. "Thanks." She tied it loosely around her knock so she wouldn't lose it.

I went back to the corner. I waited for everyone to return.

(Sorry for not getting on earlier.)
Riley came into the store. "What was that about? Sounded like a maniac on a dune buggy."

"I don't know." I said looking at Riley. "Did you hear what that guy said?"

Lacey was shivering violently as she was now freezing, and the fire died out. Unfortunately, she never learned how to build a fire on her own.

"Lacey? You cold?" I said looking at her. She was either cold or afraid of something.

"Yeah...my jacket has gotten old and has holes in it. I don't even know why I wear it anymore." She shivered again.

I got up and drop light a match to start the fire. It took a second before I got it going but it only took one match. "Here sit with my by the fire."

She quickly moved over to the fire. She was grateful for the heat. "Thanks." She kept her jacket on, so it would get warm, since once the jacket got warm, it trapped heat for the longest time.

Rilay sat on the other side of the fire. "I think we should get out of the city," he said. "Theres nothing here except ash and raiders."