A destroyed world

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Ok. ok..." He said. He just wanted to sleep, make morning come faster.

Lacey curled up in a tight ball in the huge jacket. She couldn't fall asleep, but she wasn't cold at all anymore. She was grateful for the jacket, and the warmth it and the fire provided. This was the best conditions she has been in in weeks.

I want to get ambushed. I thought as I watched the fire.

I really hope nobody ambushes us in the middle of the night. Lacey thought, staring at the fire, wishing she could fall asleep .But her paranoia only made it worse for her, and she remained awake, her eyelids heavy with exhaustion, but her thoughts were racing and she was so frightened by the possibility of ambush, she was in a way alert. There was no telling if she would sleep or not.

"What are you guys thinking about?" Riley asked quietly. He lifted his head, glancing at the others.

"I was thinking how you guys can't ever seem to sleep. Something wrong?" I said. This wasn't really what I was originally thinking of but I felt like they still didn't trust me so I wanted to make sure.

"Nothing important." Lacey said quickly but thought nobody else needs to get all worked up about this.​ She continued staring into the fire.

"I can see your tense. If you don't want to share that's fine but its important if your tense about it." I said to Lacey.

"I'm worried about being ambushed." She admitted. "I'm not ready to die. I mean, I know this isn't a world worth living in, but I want to try to find a place that maybe wasn't harmed by the...destruction. And maybe there would be some answers about what happened." She looked at him, not entirely sure why she was speaking so much to him. Maybe she trusted him, even though she didn't really know him.

"I'm just thinking about what we'll do in the morning, how we'll get ready... What are you really thinking about, or would you rather not say?"

"Its just the past is all." He sighed. "You should get some sleep. I will protect you and the others are still up." I said to Lacey

She sighed. "Alright." She was really beginning to like this guys company (i forgot your characters name sorry im bad with names oops) and she actually felt kind of safe. She slowly began to drift off.

((John xD Its ok I forget names too))

He watched as she dozed off them continued to watch the fire.

(okay.)
Lacey clung into the jacket, sleeping soundly.

Riley closed his eyes and slowly drifted off.

I slept my normal couple hours sleep when the others were still up and woke up about 3 hours later. Then I just sat staring at the fire the rest of the night.

-Jericho was in luck as he rounded the corner just a block away from the hardware store,he caught a glimpse of some stone pillars etched on them "Public Library"
The pillars were just wide enough to squeeze the sandrail through.
It was dark inside seems the building had collapsed in on itself,what little light was available he seen shelving tumbled over ,a few had were laying atop skeletons picked clean.some shelves were still standing like guardians they held up parts of the roof. Grabbing the sweeper he descended further into the structure.a few minutes and his eyes adjusted to the dark.The lone streams of light made shadows dance on the walls of the place he watched with some interest for a while. drawing in a breath he got a drink from the canteen and chewed on some dried meat. it would be dark soon enough he gathered some broken furniture and the "bic" lighter he found while rummaging about the night was unforgivingly cold sometime temperature dropping to 50 below in a matter of minutes.,he stoked up a fire and began gathering what wood he could. was as good a place as any to stay the night he would begin going through the books he could find later.lazily he tossed wood on the fire pondering "utopia" and the great machine he would build..

Lacey woke up, shivering from a nightmare she had. She sat up, yawning loudly. She was exhausted still, despite getting a full nights sleep.

I didn't notice Lacey woke up. I threw the last piece of wood we had into the fire and kept staring at it. I was still thinking about all the people I had come to know and could see each of their dieing faces. The images were no longer vivid instead they were faded away threw time.