A destroyed world

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Lacey looked at the person she didn't really know. "I got jumped. Again."

Luna watched Lacey. "Here." She tossed a can. "Eat something. It'll help your body. And try to get some sleep. The only medication is at a black market, and that's almost too big of a risk."

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> I looked at the girl. "Again?" I said a little surprised by her choice of wording. "No I still have some real stuff." I went through my bag quickly and pulled out a bottle of pain pills. There was only one left but I didn't care. "Here take this" I threw it over to her then went back to relaxing as I listened to the storm.

Lacey caught the can. "Thanks." She pulled it open and began eating. She also took the pill and looked at the person who gave her the pill. "Thanks. And I've gotten jumped a few times in the past few days or so."

"Great. Your mostly being followed by a group and..." I cut myself off because I didn't want to frighten her. It was hard enough living around here without all my input.

She shrugged. "I'm surprised they haven't killed me. I've gotten close. Several times."

"... Yeah..." I didn't think they planned on killing her. They could be after many things from this young girl. She could be a good scavenger who they can mug whenever they want because she walks around alone, or to attract others who may have supplies... or other reasons I don't even want to think of right now...

Lacey fell silent, not wanting to say anymore. She was tired of talking about anything in relation to what's been happening. She wished things could be different.

I decided to go to sleep. The storm was starting to bore me and I didn't want anyone to think I would try something on them if they went to sleep with me still up. I was the biggest in the group and the most threatening looking. I had a feeling that other guy knew his way around the ropes as well though... and the girl that held the bow. She most likely could do some damage. The last girl... well I'm not sure how she survived this long but I decided I would let myself live at least long enough to find out. With that I fell asleep surrounded by complete strangers and a couple of wolves.

Lacey sat up for a while, not wanting to fall asleep. She hadn't slept in days, however, due to fear of being killed. This wasn't a good world to live in, but it didn't matter. She wanted to live. But eventually, she laid back and fell asleep.

Luna noticed that the big guy fell asleep and rubbed her hands as she pulled the can out of the fire with an arrow. She took the dagger out of its holster on her thigh and stabbed the top of the can and followed the outline of the can to pop off the top. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out something that looked like a spoon and took a spoonful of beans. Ligtly blowing off the heat, she put the spoon in her mouth and chewed. After swallowing it, she looked at Lacey."So, how did you survive this long?"

Lacey squinted at her through half closed eyes. "I don't know. Luck I guess." She yawned.

Riley, a teen of about 17, heard voices coming from a up ahead of him. He paused into the shadows, feeling for his knife on his belt. It was there, as always. He could see light coming from a fire. Not the best idea to have a fire in a place with bandits and marauders running around. He nearly had a bad encounter with a group that saw his fire yesterday. Luckily, they were so loud that he heard them before the saw him. He stuck to the shadows since then, trying his best not to attract any attention. He quietly listened to the group, deciding if they were friend or foe.

Lacey just lied there, fighting to stay awake again. She was worried about sleeping, as nightmares would send her screaming back to consciousness. She stared blankly at the fire.

"Huh." Luna said curiously.

As the girl fell asleep as well, Luna sat back against the wall, eating her food slowly. She hasn't been able to sleep during the past few days. She thought it must be insomnia. She always had it. However, now she can't get any medication. The raiders took what they could get and so she was stuck...staying awake.

After a while, Luna set down the now empty can on the ground and reached in her bag. She pulled out a cloth and she opened her canteen. Pouring water on the cloth, she took her goggles and began to clean them. After they were clean, she pulled out the various things she saw at the hardware store. Some rope, screws, nails, a hammer, and bungee cords. I guess people thought these were pretty much worthless. Stretching her arms over her head, Luna rubbed her eyes and leaned against the wall, slowly falling asleep. I guess today was a good day.

When Luna woke up, the storm had seemed to quiet down and her fire was near gone. If she didn't restart it, the small group of strangers would be put in darkness--and she didn't want that. Getting the flint out of her bag, she scraped the edge of an arrowhead to it and the spark caused a bright flame. Luna cursed silently and put more brush on it to keep it small.

There was a rustling outside and once again, Luna loaded an arrow into her bow and pulled back.

"Don't you try to hide from me!"

(Good to know XD Just joined so I didn't know.)

Not having much of a choice, Riley glanced through the doorway. "Uhhh... I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he said, "I am need a place to stay, and... do you mind if I join you?" If this wasn't so scary, it would be funny. He thought.

I was already awake. I found it hard to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time. Even now that I didn't care... but it didn't mater. I was rested enough with just 4 hours. I could see someone was lighting the fire inside. I looked but didn't head back in... I didn't feel I needed to. In this time of age the less attached you were to someone the easier it was when they died. I didn't build relation ships with most people after I lost everyone in that group of 17.

Lacey had only fallen asleep for two hours. But then she woke up and looked over to the side, a little freaked out by the sudden commotion.

Luna sighed.

"What is this a boarding house?" She muttered to herself. "Show your weapons or else I'm not going to let you in."

Luna continued to keep her bow and arrow steady, just in case.