A destroyed world

Luna slung her bow over her shoulder and put her hands in her pockets.

"Alright. What about you?" She asked Logan.

John watched a figure walking with a bow heading to the hardware store he had seen a couple of other people enter. He held up his rifle and kept his sword at his side. She better know what she's doing... I was originally going to let myself die in the storm figuring I didn't have much to live for in this world but then again... they might be a reason. I started off as a thief. Steeling my way to a 'good life' then realizing it was just stupid I joined up with a group. All of whom died due to disease or the occasional raids. Being the last one left of 17 didn't feel to good. Still... I would rather die protecting someone who had hope. I got up and started to walk over to the store not expecting much to happen but still ready with my old rifle in case I had to stop some type of gun fight.

Logan smiled. A bow and arrows old fashioned, but effective. "Alright Im with you, but you got a plan? Do you remember what happened, ya know to cause all this?" Maybe she did maybe not. He didnt have much of a plan but day to day survival so if anyone had something long term he was all ears.

Luna sighed and pulled the fabric further away.

"All I know is that there was this huge earthquake. Would make sense for all of these buildings."

There was another roar of thunder.

"We should go. Follow me."

Luna turned around and saw someone watching from afar. She quickly pulled her bow back, loaded with an arrow. She took aim and squinted.

"Who's there!" She shouted.

"Don't worry. I'm not here to harm anyone." Just to prove my point I opened the bolt action on my rifle making it impossible to fire until I closed it. It was the reaction I was expecting though. Earlier people were dependent on each other but soon after the dependents were killed by some foolish following and just the people who knew how to take care of themselves continued living. I kept walking to them not caring she could release her arrow at anytime and strike me down after all it would be faster than the storm.

Lacey looker nervous, she hadn't been around this many people in a long time. She didn't say anything.

Luna stood still for a moment. After thinking it over, she brought down her bow and walked over to him. "There's no time for introductions. Follow me or else you'll be killed by this storm." Luna said sternly.Climbing over fallen buildings and chunks of concrete, Luna arrived at her shelter. She ducked under and walked in. At the sound of foreign footsteps, the alpha male growled."Shh. Don't worry, they're okay." Reluctantly, the wolf brought down his head and watched the new comers. "I know there is a lot of food, but don't go crazy." Luna took off her goggles to reveal her gray eyes and unwrapped the fabric around her nose and mouth. She set them down next to the rest of her things and put her hands near the fire.

Lacey followed quickly, and froze up at the sight of the wolves. She then shook herself out her stupor, but then began coughing, coughing up ash that had gotten into her lungs. It burned painfully.

Luna heard the girl coughing and pulled out her canteen."Here, drink this." Luna handed the canteen over.

"Thanks." She took a swig and that helped ease the burn. "Here." She handed it back and sat down.

When the girl with the bow said I would be killed by the storm I smiled. "I was planning on it." I replied though I was sure she would take it as following her not getting killed. I followed her anyways and could see a couple of wolfs in the corner. "So they your pets?" I asked her as I walked into the building and looked around. All I grabbed from the stash was a bit of water.

Luna took back the canteen and sighed as she sat down. "No problem." Hearing the guy's question, Luna glanced at the wolves."Been coming here long enough for us to recognize each other." She answered. "They're usually okay as long as you don't threaten them."

"Yeah..." I said sitting back. "So anyone got a plan? Like trying to make it to that new town a couple of miles south or what not?"

Lacey shrugged. "I was just passing through. Seeing if I could find any sort of existing civilization. I was hoping maybe not everything was destroyed. But now..." She shrugged, pulling her arms inside her jacket to stay warmer.

Luna thought for a moment. "No, not really. I was just hanging out here for a while. I have enough supplies and I'm assuming those survivors are savages."

"That's how most survivors are." Lacey sighed, staring at the fire. "I know how that is."

"Yeah. Don't look for civilization. Some people tried to start it back up and let me tell you. Your treated like shit at first then you prove yourself and they still don't trust you. Of coarse your going to have food and shelter but your going to die quicker... raiders..." I said leaning back relaxing. I could see most of them still had their guard up and if it was a couple of weeks earlier I would have to but after getting close to a big group and watching them slowly die you start not to care. I don't think they had been in such big groups before. Most likely small ones, and who can blame them? Small ones would make it easier to feed everyone and get water. Also the fact that its easier to go around without drawling attention to yourselves.

Lacey sighed, and rubbed her face, and then she realized one of her eyes was swelling shut, from where she had gotten punched, and her stomach finally began throbbing from pain from where she had been kicked. She stared into the fire still. "I just couldn't help hoping."

"I've seen a few from a distance and it's a disaster. I'm good with staying here with the wildlife." Lacy walked up and pulled another can out of the stash and set it in front of the fire.

"You look like you got hit pretty hard. You ok?" I said to the girl who seemed a little shy to me. I couldn't quite tell.