A Bundle of Joy...

"Sounds good." Angela said with a smile, leaning back into her seat as the heaters blaster her with warm air.

She heard of the diner from him a few times but ha never been, her constant switching of jobs always made having free time difficult. That was one of the reasons that she usually slept over at Kayden's when they lived separately, it was the only time she knew she could see him! Now she was unemployed once again, something she did not think much of since she was always hired as a seasonal worker. She would need to find a steady job soon though, especially if she was pregnant. Kayden made plenty of money but babies were expensive, the cost already pulling from their wallets as soon as they conceived

She would have to find something to do from home, something she could do while bloated and pregnant if it came to that. She'd look at the job ads as soon as they got back, if they wanted to be able to pay the bills and still have spending money then she would need a job ASAP.

Kayden pulled out of the driveway and headed towards town. "I'm surprised that my parents haven't come over to check up on us yet." He said, trying to make some conversation.

He drove past Walmart, the pharmacy and many other things on their way to Black Bear. It was pretty empty in the parking lot when he pulled in, most likely because it was early in the morning. Kayden got out first and walked around to Angela's door, opening it for her. As she got out, he closed the door for her and placed his left hand on the left side of her waist.

"You're going to love it here. The food is really good." He smiled.

He walked them inside, having to wait to be seated for a few minutes. The one who would be serving them today lead the couple to a booth near the back of the restaurant, giving them a good window seat. Outside was a McDonald's, their big windows showing the play house with the kids having fun and their parents sitting down watching them from the tables, or even playing with them.

Their waitress gave them their menus, which was in the format of a newspaper, and left to go help a family that just walked in.

"Me too, I sort of expected your mom to come running down the street the minute the truck was parked." Angela said as she looked out the window.

She watched the Walmart pass by, noticing that they were located rather nicely in the small town. She would have to look into finding a job while she was still able...However, she couldn't help but worry if she'd be even able to get a job if she was expecting. When the pulled into Black Bear she looked over the restaurant curiously before she turned to open her door only to find Kayden there and waiting. She smiled up at him and slipped out of the car, leaning into him as he wrapped his arm around her.

She looked around quietly once they entered, liking the feeling of the place already. Once they were seated and had their menus Angela found herself staring out the window and, more specifically, the play area at the McDonalds. The kids looked so happy as did the parents...Would that be here in nine months? Happy as a clam with a newborn in her arms? She didn't want to think about it then, she just wanted to eat. She was oddly hungry that morning, maybe from the fact that she was finally going to it something that wasn't loaded with Trans fats.

She glanced over the menu quietly after that, sitting back in her seat and relaxing a bit as she tried to decide on what she wanted for breakfast.

He watched as his girlfriend stared out the window, obviously observing the kids at play in McDonald's. He shook his head to stop himself from imagining him or Angela holding a newborn baby boy or girl. If he got his hopes up now, and all this about having a baby was just them worrying or hoping too much, then he wouldn't want to risk the disappointment if she wasn't really pregnant.

Kayden didn't have to look over the menu to know what he wanted. It was the dish he always got here for breakfast. The dish was made up of hash browns, eggs, bacon, sausage and toast. The hash browns were what he was really after. They were his favorite when it came to breakfast foods. And for his drink, he would have milk. Kayden wanted to stop drinking soda all the time, so ordering milk was his best option. That or water, but water always made him hungrier.

"Have you decided what you want?" He asked. After they order, he thought that was the most likely time they would start their talk.

Angela glanced up at her boyfriend before looking back down at the menu before nodding her head and putting the menu down. She decided on a meat lover's omelet and hash browns, also planning on ordering a side of fruit to go along with all of it. She had a feeling that it would end up being more than she could eat but she didn't care, she'd be able to eat her left overs for lunch later that day.

Once her menu was out of the way, Angela found herself strangely at a loss of words...Then again, where could she possibly start? There was all the painting that needed to be done, furniture needed to be arranged or just plan replaced if they were having a kid, it would be a bad idea to have any sharp corners in the house in that case. There was also the whole part about her finding a job. She had never had a steady job, even when she first started dating Kayden. She had mostly played the roll of house keeper, making sure all of his suits were clean and making dinner. It was what she was good at it seemed. Then the who factor of her possible expecting came into play, making it seemed even harder than ever to seek employment.

"So, What colors do you think we should paint?" She asked, deciding that focusing on the house was the most important until the got the test.

So they were to focus on the house first? It was logical since they didn't know for sure if she was really pregnant. He thought about what she asked for a while, wondering what colors would go well with the rest of their stuff. To be honest, he wasn't all that good at picking out things like this. He would just paint the walls whatever color she wanted. He thought he should at least give it a try though. So he sat there, doing his best to come up with something, only to let his head fall on the table in frustration. He truly wasn't good at this stuff.

Angela watched her boyfriend think and think and think...before slamming his head on the table in both defeat and frustration. She couldn't help but laugh a little bit, he was never very do when it came to putting rooms together. He was the type of guy who would put anything anyway as long as it fit in the space available. That was were she came in. She already had a few colors in mind, as well as getting the furniture fixed since they certainly couldn't afford brand new items at the moment.

"Would you like me to chose the colors? I have a few in mind already. If we finish unpacking early then I want to start painting right away." She said, keeping in mind that she would be useless as soon as she started to show, that was if she was actually pregnant.

"Anyway, I want to get the furniture redone as well. I looked up a good place and they have reasonable prices for their work. We can make all of our garbage pickings look like we brought brand new." She said, starting to become a bit excited now that she was focusing on her plans for the house.

He looked up at his girlfriend when he heard her laugh at his defeat. "Yeah. I think it would be better if you dealt with the colors." Was his answer to her question. "We both know I can never think of the right colors and stuff..." He added after he rested his head on his arm.

Kayden also saw no reason to have the furniture redone as well. But of course he never really cared what everything looked like. As long as it was comfortable, then he'd use it. He would let her do whatever she wanted to the house, and to try and give his opinion everyone once in a while to be fair.

Their waitress came just then to get their orders. "I'll have the usual." He smiled. He came here often enough for everyone here to know what he'd want.

"I'll have the meat eater's omelet and a side of fruit please." She said kindly to the waitress.

Once she was done taking their order, Angela looked back to Kayden and smiled a bit. She knew that he would say for her to choose everything, she was the one who had a knack for it. She wasn't going to tackle everything at once though, they would not have enough money if she did all that she wanted to do to that house at once. For now, they would focus on painting and the furniture...Probably getting the furniture done later. She was planning on neutral colors for the rooms, that way she could go crazy with the furniture fabric.

She moved from thinking about painting to think about the baby, her face suddenly going solemn at the thought. She looked back at her boyfriend for a moment, interlock her fingers together as she leaned forward and spoke softly so only he could here.

"We also have to keep in mind the possible baby...A lot of the furniture isn't actually baby proof..." She said as she looked into his eyes.

He sat upright at what she just said, and he knew she was right. A lot of the furniture wasn't really baby proof. They need to think of the health of the possible baby. If she wasn't really pregnant right now, there was always the possibility that she could be sometime later. If that was the case, then it would be better to do it all now than to wait to do it later. He refused to get his hopes up before they knew for sure.

Kayden looked back into his girlfriend's eyes. "Do you want to get the test after we eat, or after we get the paint?" He asked softly so only she could hear.

"After we eat...I want to know so that i can keep paint colors and other things in mind." She said softly to him as she looked into his eyes.

It was at times like these that she was glad to have Kayden, he never ran out on her when the word pregnancy came up. He didn't do it the first few times and he still didn't do it now. However, their chances were far more likely this time considering the evidence but she didn't hold her breath, that would only lead to disappointment in the end if there was no baby. She looked back out the window for a moment before glancing at her boyfriend out of the corner of here eye.

"If we have a kid, We'd have to make one of the extra rooms into a nursery...That will cost a lot unless we do it ourselves." She said, her DIY spirit peaking through even in such a tough situation.

"Doing the nursery ourselves seems more fun than just having someone else do it." He said, his mind wandering to thinking about their possible baby. Who knows, they could even have twins...that is, if Angela really is pregnant.

The waitress came back with their food, setting down their order in front of them, and saying the usual things they say to every customer. Kayden said thanks and began to dig into his food with a smile.

Angela smiled a little more as Kayden talked about how doing the nursery themselves would be more fun. It seemed that he was thinking about the baby just as much as she was. She didn't respond right away to his comment, instead saying thanks to the waitress and taking a few bites of her meal with a smile. There was something about food that always made her feel better, and this food was making her feel great! She ate for a bit before looking back at him and speaking.

"I agree, it wouldn't feel right if we didn't put effort into it ourselves...On that subject, I think it would be a good idea for me to get a job during the pregnancy, if I am...You are the only one working right now and we're already living pretty tightly as it is. I wouldn't get a hard labor job, something I could do from home I was thinking. That way I could still keep the house in order while you were at work and have dinner on the table all while getting a pay check."

"You sure you can handle it?" He asked after swallowing down the hash browns he was was chewing. "It wouldn't be good to have too much stress when you're pregnant." He continued, looking worried. "Your health is more important than money. You and the baby's."

He sat in silence after that to hear her response. He didn't want to become overprotective of her, but he could feel that was going to happen one day if it turned out she really is pregnant. Kayden began eating his food again as he waited for her response. As he ate, he started to regret saying those words.

"I handle stress fine and you know it, Kayden. I wouldn't be able to live with you if I didn't...Besides, I can't have all the financial responsibility fall on you like it has in the past with my seasonal jobs. I want to bring home money too...It also wouldn't hurt for me to have my own spending cash if I'm going to be home alone a lot. I'll look around at jobs that I can do from the house, there are a lot of businesses who are looking to wire out help lines to at home workers...Maybe I could do that?"

She knew that he only said that cause he cared but she couldn't leave him to bring home the bacon all on his own. A new born was expensive and even with his job at the NCIS there were time where their budget had gotten rather tight. She didn't want a situation where she couldn't guarantee a next meal or be certain bills would be payed on time...She also didn't want them to fall into credit card debt either, that was one hard hole to dig yourself out of.

"It's only an idea though...I won't get a job if you really don't want me too, Kayden..."

Kayden sighed and set down his fork. "I don't want to hold you back. I'm fine with you taking up a job, but if you turn out to be pregnant, and the job becomes stressful, I'd like it if you would take a break if you can." He said, not breaking eye contact with her.

He knew how much it would cost to take care of a baby, and that the money he earns wouldn't cut it every time. The extra income would defiantly come in handy. But on the other hand, he had plenty of money saved up that he would use for new games. He didn't need games, so he wouldn't mind using that money for something more important. He wouldn't even mind using it on just Angela.

"I will...I know better than to push myself past my limits." She said with a small smile as she looked into his eyes. "I'll find the least stressful job that I can, promise."

She looked back down at her food and started to eat again, taking rather large bites since she was hungry. She had to keep in mind what she would be able to do physically if she was pregnant, which would be very little as soon as her belly started to show...She also had to think about what she was good at as well, she wasn't going to get hired if she couldn't do the job right. There was definitely going to be a lot of researched required for this...That was if they were expecting.

"Anyway, besides finding work...Maybe we could sell some of the old stuff we don't use anymore...I barely touch most of my wardrobe and I know there are a few things that we planned to put into storage that we don't really need to keep. It would make room for the baby's things if it turns out that we're having one."

"I think that is a good idea. I don't need my exercising equipment anymore. I get plenty of a workout sometimes at work." He said, picking up his fork again to continue eating.

He had already ate all of his hash browns, even though it took up a little over half of the over-sized plate. Kayden always mindlessly ate whatever was in front of him and was still hungry for more afterwards. It was most likely because of his high metabolism. Any calories he had gained from any of his meals was burned off pretty quickly. Some people would think he was lucky, but constantly buying a lot of food to help keep him at a healthy weight sometimes killed his wallet.

"Alright, we'll have a garage sale next weekend, until then we'll have to go through our stuff and choose what stays and what goes." She said as she went back to eating her food.

Unlike her boyfriend, Angela did not have the ability to blindly eat everything in front of him and burn it off. She did keep healthy though, usually running around doing errands like buying groceries and picking up clothing from the tailor. She also took morning walks when Kayden was at work, more to organize what she had to do that day in her head. She ate most of her omelet and all of the fruit, leaving the other half on her hash browns on her plate for Kayden to pick at as he pleased.

Kayden finished eating the rest of his food, taking some of Angela's hash browns as well. "You ready to go now?" He asked.

Their waitress set down their bill on the corner of the table and walked away without saying anything. She appeared to have her hands full with another table right now. He picked it up and looked it over, shrugging. It was a reasonable price for this place, $19.68. Kayden pulled out his wallet from his back pocket, took out three dollars, and placed it on the table. The tip seemed like it was enough to him.

"I'll go up and pay for everything while you go out and wait in the car... if you want to." He said.