A Bundle of Joy...

Angela blushed as he took her chin and kissed her, she eagerly returning this kiss with one of her own. She smiled as he called her his angel, the nick name that had developed after the first six month of their relationship and had stuck since then. She followed him to the front door for a moment and waved goodbye before turning back toward the house, it was time to get started!

Knowing that it would be pointless to unpack the rooms they were going to paint only to have to put it all away again, Angela wandered into their kitchen. One of the the reason's the chose this house was the kitchen, it may have been small but it had been completely redone by the owners. New appliances and cabinets, the whole works! And after haggling they were able to convince them to move down their price enough for them to afford the house. She quickly started to open boxes, finding a random pad of sticky notes in the dishes box...It was probably from their last day of packing when they had been in a rush.

She decided to put the pad to use and went up to her room to grab a pen from her purse. After that she started to label the cabinets by what would go in them. Once that was done she started opening boxes. It didn't take her very long to nearly complete the kitchen organization, finally having a place for all her cooking stuff now that she was in a place that had a real stove. The minute she heard him call she was just undoing the last box and putting it on top of a pile to be recycled.

"I'm in the kitchen! Come see it!" She called back happily, rather proud she did all of it on her own.

Kayden set down the bags holding the paint and tools near the door and walked into the kitchen. "Wow. You've sure been busy." He smiled as he walked over to Angela. He pulled her close to him by the small of her back. "The kitchen looks great Angel." He continued with a kiss on her forehead. "I got the paint and tools if you're ready to start now."

Angela smiled at her boyfriend as he wandered in, giggling as he pulled her close and kissed her forehead lovingly.

"I'm glad you like it, I think I'll leave the sticky notes in place for awhile, just so we know where things are until we get used to the new set up here. Anyway, let's get started on the living room...We'll have to unplug the TV but we don't have to take it off the stand, we'll just push it out of the way and leave the wires in all of their proper places so we don't have to rewire everything again." She said with a small grin as she leaned up and placed a small kiss on his chin.

"Sounds good. I'll go ahead and get the T.V pulled out." He smiled down at her. "I have everything we need sitting down at the door. You go ahead and get the paint cans open, and I'll come over to help you after I'm done with the T.V."

With that being said, Kayden lead the two into the living room. He let go of her and started working on unplugging the T.V., and trying to pull it out without the T.V falling off the stand. When he was satisfied that it was a good distance away from the wall, Kayden walked over to help Angela get everything ready, or to start painting with her if she had everything ready.

Angela smiled and walked with Kayden into the living room, only leaving him when he headed toward the TV to get working on it. She instead went to the pint and supplies, gathering the can of paint for the living room and dining room since they were going to be the same color. She also grabbed the rollers and painter tape and tarps to cover the ground and furniture with. When Kayden joined her she smiled at him and held out to paint can at him signaling that she wanted him to take him. She grabbed the tarps, tape and rollers before following after him into the living room.

"Okay, first things first, the tarps need to go down. We don't want to ruin the carpet or furniture since that will be an extra expense to deal with. Then we need to tape the trim so we don't have to repaint that as well." She said, grabbing one of the tarps and starting unfold it.

Kayden nodded at her instructions. He grabbed some tape and began taping the trim. As he did this, his mind wandered to the ring he found today. He was hoping to get it soon, but he wanted to make it a surprise for Angela. If they had less money for the month, then she would know. He shook his head a bit to push those thoughts aside for now. They were painting the living room and dining room. This was no time to be distracted, mostly because Angela would notice.

He taped over all the trim in the living room, with the help of a set stool for the ones up high. By the time he was done, Angela was finished with the tarp. So he just moved on to opening the cans of paint meant for the living and dining room.

Once the trim was taped and the tarp was down, Angela joined Kayden with opening the pain cans. She smiled to herself as she saw the color, glad that she had picked it out for their house. As he opened the can she took one of the provided paint stick and started to stir the paint, making sure all the colors were mixed well together so that there wouldn't be any spots on the wall that were different shades. Though most wouldn't notice she would and that would bother her greatly.

Once that was done she started to put the paint tray together and get the rollers ready as well as once of the brushes. She planned on paining the edges along the trim and the corners first so that Kayden could just move in with the roller and fill in. She poured some of the pain into the tray and some into a container that she could hold in her hand.

"I'll paint the trim and corners if you fill in the spaces. Once I'm done I'll join you." She said with a small smile as she quickly got to work.

"Sounds like a plan." He said, grabbing a roller and rolling it in the paint tray. He started painting the wall closest to him, being careful not to get too close to the trim. "This really is a nice color, Angel." He said after seeing how well it looked on the walls in here. "You always know just what to use for this type of stuff." He smiled.

Angela smiled, glad that he liked the color as much as she did.

"Well, I do get it from my mother I suppose. She always had a nice home and had good style, even to this day she still does. When I told her we were moving in together she scent me those magazines for inspiration. I also had a plan in my head from the very beginning...I knew exactly what I wanted for the both of us." She said as she turned to look at him from her work. "Or should I say the three of us now?" She added, joking lightly with Kayden a bit.

"Or four... Who knows." He shrugged. "We could have twins." He said, turning around to face Angela with a slightly joking smile. He knew that having twins was a long shot. It didn't happen that often, so they would most likely be expecting one child. But still...having more than one kid would fill him with twice as much joy. He didn't say anything else and just turned around to continue working.

Angela just giggled and turned back to her work. Though twins were possibly it would be very unlikely for her, especially since there was never a set of twins in her family. They did say such things were genetic after all. It didn't take Angela long to finish painting around the trim and the room was starting to feel even better as the new color took over. She set the pint brush and paint aside and picked up a roller, dipping it into a tray before she began to tackle a new wall, they would have this room done in no time at all!

Kayden had his wall completely painted in no time at all. He moved onto a wall that Angela wasn't working on so they would get this done sooner. They had a lot to paint, and he hoped to get most of the painting done by the end of the day. Every once in a while, Kayden glanced over to see Angela's work. He felt a bit competitive right now, and picked up the pace when he thought she was getting ahead. He shook his head to get those thoughts out of him. He needed the wall to look good, not look like it was rushed to be finished. So he just went at his normal pace, which was a bit slower than his girlfriend's.

Angela was able to finish her wall with ease since she had painted many times before. When she was done, the only wall that was left was the one Kayden was working on. Smiling a bit she decided to pick up a few of the things and get the dining room started.

"I'm going to set up the dining room, that way we can work on that while we wait for the paint in here to dry." She said with a small smile as she grabbed the spare tarp and tape and headed into the other room.

"Alright. I'll be in there in a little bit." He said. Kayden finished his wall after about another minute of working. He set the roller down in the paint tray and moved into the dining room to help Angela set it up. He took care of the trim again since he could reach it better than his girlfriend.

After everything was set up in the dining room, Kayden went into the living room and brought the paint to their next area to work. "So do you want to paint around the trim and I start on the wall, like last time?" He asked.

Angela laid down the tarp watched as he taped the trim. When he asked if she would paint around the trim again she nodded her head and smiled.

"Yep, same as before." She replied with a grin as she grabbed the paint and brush and started to get to work.

Now that she was in the swing of things it wouldn't take long for them to paint the rest of the rooms that day, or a least the majority of them. She might have to paint a little tomorrow as well but most of the house would be done at least. She continued to work quietly as she though about which room to paint next, debating if they should do the office or the spare rooms first.

He smiled, picked up his roller again, then got to work. Kayden started to think about how his parents haven't come busting through their door to see the new place. He expected his mother most of all to be the first one to come and see them. He could imagine seeing her running from her house to theirs, carrying a house warming gift or her famous cookies...or even both.

"I wonder what my parents are doing. The haven't come knocking on our door yet. I expected them to come running when the moving truck pulled up." He said as he worked on painting the wall.

"Maybe they were expecting us to come visit them, or maybe they thought that we wouldn't have time to have a visit with all we have to do to get the house ready." Angela said, trying to think up reasons as to why his parents hadn't said hello yet.

She thought it was strange that they hadn't come along by now but she didn't question it, they were much closer after all so what was the rush to come see them? She hoped they were alright though and that nothing happened to keep them away. After that thought she finished the trim and grabbed the roller once again to starting painting the walls.

Kayden shrugged the though off. It was possible that his parents were away on a vacation. He never really saw their vehicle in their driveway. If he did then he wouldn't of remember it.

He continued painting his wall, and when he was done with that one he just moved onto another wall. In no time at all they were finished with the dining room. The two made a great team for this. "Would you like to move on to the office room now? I think we should have it done soon so we can set up the computer in there."

"Yeah, we'll have to clean up the rollers first though before we can use them again. If you go do that I'll put the pain back into the buckets and close them up." She said with a small grin as she started to clean up the paint.

There was something soothing to her about painting a room, maybe it was the repeated motions or the sudden change of color that pleased her. Whatever it was, she was determined adn energized enough where she would do this all day. She proceeded to clean up the paint and close the buckets, before grabbing the tape and tarp and moving into the office.

"Sure thing." He smiled, taking the rollers and beginning to wash them off. A bit of his OCD kicked in as he washed the rollers and paint brush. He made sure they were cleaned thoroughly before he moved onto the office where Angela was waiting. He took the tape and began to tape over the trim like last time while Angela laid down the tarp.