A Bundle of Joy...

Angela watched him pick at her hash browns before nodding her head, barely able to see the check before he grabbed it and pulled out his wallet. He was always such a stickler for paying, he'd barely even show her the check unless it was a major purchase like their bed had been.

"Alright, I'll go wait outside." She said as she stood, heading out the front and standing near the car since it was locked.

She leaned against it as she thought about the test, it was now or never, their final performance...Only if they were expecting of course. Angela was certain of it though, she knew her body better than anyone else and just from how she felt she knew she had to be. She didn't hold her breath though, there were also a lot of factors that could be making her feel this way and her not being pregnant. She gave a small sigh before looking at the door, waiting for her boyfriend quietly so that they could finally get this done and over with.

He went over to the register to pay, only to wait a while for someone to come over. The wait wasn't long, however Kayden wanted to get a move on so they could go to the pharmacy. He wanted to know if his girlfriend was pregnant or not. He paid for their meal, keeping the chit chat to a minimum.

He hurried outside, unlocking the doors on his way to the car. He got in and started it up, putting on his seat belt and waited for Angela to get in.

The moment Kayden walked out the door and unlocked the car she opened the door and hopped in, slamming it behind her before she buckled up into her seat. She watched Kayden drive to the pharmacy, a sudden bout of silence hitting her at the moment. There really wasn't much for here to talk about though, this was where all their questions and worried would be answered. She looked down at her hands for a moment, looking over her nails quietly to help distract her from what was about to happen.

They drove along to the pharmacy in silence. Only the hum of the air conditioning could be heard. He pulled into the pharmacy's parking lot, driving around to find a parking place. As soon as he parked, Kayden turned off the car and took off his seat belt.

"You ready?" He asked, looking over to Angela. It was a stupid question now that he thought about it. But then again, his girlfriend may still be trying to prep herself for whatever news the test would give them.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She said as she unbuckled herself, opening the car door and stepping out before closing it with a slam.

To say that she was nervous would be an understatement...She was terrified. Part of her was excited to know the truth and even a little happy to be pregnant with Kayden's child. At the same time though, she was nervous and worried about being a parents who was technically single according to the law since she wasn't married. She wasn't even sure if she would be a good mother to the child or ready for the emotional and physical strains this would have on her body. She wandered into the pharmacy and down the aisle that she knew oh so well...

He nodded at her words and got out the car with her, slamming his door shut as well. They would finally know after all this waiting. He just wanted to know and get the nervous feelings out of the way. But if she turned out to really be pregnant, then he would most likely be even more nervous than before. He had no idea if he would be a good father. Plus they weren't married, which he wanted to fix one of these days. And other thing was that he works as a Special Agent for NCIS. He would sometimes need to go out of town, state, or even country for a case. That would mean leaving Angela alone with the baby.

He shook his head furiously and followed Angela inside and down the aisle. His nervousness grew with ever step he took.

Silently she wandered down that aisle and wandered over to the pregnancy test which was sitting next to the condoms, how ironic. She grabbed the test brand that they had used before, know that they could trust it to have a truthful answer. She turned to him then, holding up the test to show that she was ready to pay for it and leave so that they could go home and take the test. She wandered up the the counter, ready to pull out her own money and pay for herself this time around. She hoped that what ever the answer was that she would at least be ready for it.

There was nothing for him to say, not until after the test was done anyway. He simply followed Angela to the counter. After his girlfriend paid for the pregnancy test, Kayden walked out of the store with her. He lead her all the way to the car, unlocking it when they were close enough. He opened Angela's door for her and went around to his own side, getting in and slamming his door shut before bucking up. He waited for Angela to get in before he started the drive back home.

Angela pain for the test and quickly headed back to the car, it being unlocked by Kayden once they were close enough to it. He opened the door for her then and she sipped inside wordlessly, buckling up as soon as she was seated. The ride home after that was almost torturous now that they had the test, Angela now having to wait until they got home. Once they pulled into the driveway she hopped from the car and ran into the house, more than excited enough to take the test. She entered the bathroom wordlessly and began opening the rest, ready to finally know the answer.

Kayden wasn't all that surprised to see how fast Angela left the car once he pulled up. He turned off the car and locked the doors after he got out. Then he walked to their house with a little glace towards his parent's home before entering. He sat down on the couch in the living room to give Angela some privacy as she took the test.

Though it didn't take long to do the test it felt like forever as she waited for the answer in the bathroom, staring at the testing stick intensely as she waited for it to change the designated color to tell her if she was pregnant. As it did change she found herself closing her eyes the last minute, almost as if she had become suddenly afraid of the answer. After another minute she peaked, and the color confirmed what she knew all along.

Angela was pregnant.

It was almost re-leaving in a way, finally knowing the truth just felt better than being in the dark. After a moment of peace she got out of the bathroom, test in had as she headed into the living room. Wordlessly she held up the stick, showing off the bright blue color that confirmed her pregnancy. Sudden feeling of happiness filled her and she couldn't help giving him a lop-sided grin. She was going to be a mother...

As Angela walked into the living room, Kayden looked over to her. When he saw the bright blue color on the test stick, his eyes widened slightly. It was real. He would be a father in about nine months...

He was at a loss for words. Angela being pregnant would change their lives immensely, hopefully for the better. He stayed seated on the couch, trying to put his thoughts together. He was always able to handle anything that came at him at work, only because he knew how to deal with all that from years of experience. But something like this was just too hard for him to wrap his head around.

He never thought about leaving Angela, not even now, but if he didn't say something then he thought it would give her the wrong idea. He put his head in hands, racking his brain for something to say to her.

Angela could tell that the news was taking it's tole on Kayden mind when he put his head in his hands. She didn't expect him to jump around cheering for joy after all, this was neither planned or intended. She walked over to the couch, setting the testing stick to the side so she could sit next to him and rub his back, a comforting gesture that she knew calmed him when he was stressed. There was going to be a lot on their plates now, and the two of them knew it deep down inside.

There were phone calls to be made, baby items that needed to be bought, insurance papers that needed to be filled out. Yes, this was going to be a very, very busy week. She leaned into a kissed him on the cheek before he could say anything, letting him know that he could take his time to gather his thoughts on all of this.

As Angela rubbed his back, Kayden calmed down. Her kiss on his cheek helped him calm down even more. It let him know she didn't get the wrong idea. He sat up and looked into his girlfriend's eyes.

"Well...I guess this means we have a little more to do now." He said, giving her a small smile. It was the best he could come up with to say, mostly because his mind was a blank after seeing the pregnancy test stick.

Angela smiled at his words and hugged him tightly, needing to be held just as much as he did. Their once tiny list seemed to grow almost five times larger now and they still barely had the house set up. She pulled back a bit and rubbed his back a little more before speaking softly to him.

"We'll have a lot to do now that we're having the baby...But before we get to over whelmed let's take things one at a time. First, let's get the house unpacked and painted. I'm still use full for a couple months and I can do a lot on my own while you're at work. I'll make sure the house is all set up long before I start showing, promise." She said, trying to offer him some mental comfort to what was now a large investment for them.

Kayden wrapped his arms around Angela, pulling her into a hug. "Would you like everything painted first? Or unpack the boxes?" He asked.

Get the home done first. That's what was on his mind now. He wanted Angela to be comfortable while he was at work. If they didn't finish by then, he would use his sick days just so he could help her. He was sure his parents would show up soon, and offer to help out. They would probably stick around no matter what they said if they learn Angela is pregnant. He didn't want them to know that yet. If anything, he would rather them know that he was marrying her before they learned she was pregnant. Kayden has been looking at engagement rings for a while now whenever he was out in town on his own, trying to find the perfect one before he proposed to her.

"I'd like both actually, but painting would be a good place to start...We could spend the time unpacking as we wait for the paint to dry." She said as she looked into his eye with a smile.

Her mind was now planning and organizing, figuring out what should be done first and when. Her mind was a well oiled machine when it came to these things, almost as if she was born with the ability to do it. They would have the house complete by the end of the week if she had anything to say about it. She would pull all-nighters and live on take out if it meant that she could have the house ready for both her and baby. She was suddenly anxious, she wanted to start working right away! She wanted to have a paint roller in her hand and a bucket in the other. She pulled back from Kayden and smiled.

"Come on, I want to get started right away!" She said, her energy starting to take control of her mood.

A smile grew on Kayden's face at seeing her become so energetic. "Alright then. Let's go." He smiled, standing up. "Would you like me to go buy the paint real quick while you start on the boxes?" He asked as he looked down into her energetic eyes.

He could take the chance of him being out alone to look over the rings again. He really wanted to propose to his lovely Angela. But sadly, work got in his way sometimes, forcing all his attention on the case given to him.

Angela smiled even more as she nodded her head quickly, motioning for him to wait a second as she rush up the stairs to the room. She dug through her suit case and pulled out a couple of home design magazines that she had picked her favorite colors from. She had colors planned for the whole down stairs which was the living room, dining room, and office. She even had colors picked out for the two spare rooms, one which would become the nursery eventually. She trotted back down the stairs, magazines and hand as she attempted to rip out certain pages neatly.

"Alright, I want you to get four gallons of this color for the living room and dining room since they are basically connected. Oh! and I want two gallons of this green suede for the for the empty office, I think we'll make it a guest room. And I also want two gallons of this lighter green for the nursery, that way it won't matter what gender the baby is since blue and pink both look nice with green! I also want two gallons of classic white, just so I can get rid of that god awful muster color in the other bedroom." She paused for a moment as she looked over the magazines one more time. "Also get the basic set up for tools...As one of them guys at the store if you don't know what that is okay?"

She finished with a smile, holding out all the ripped pages so that Kayden would remember the colors. She knew that was a lot of paint to buy but she was good at judging room since and the average bedroom used about two gallons of paint. It also wouldn't hurt to have some spare color left over for any touch ups in the future.

He took mental notes of everything she wanted as he took the pages from her. Before leaving, Kayden leaned in close to Angela, gently holding up her head by her chin, and kissed her on the lips softly. He then placed his forehead on hers, whispering "I love you...my Angel." with a warm smile. He rubbed her belly a little and turned around, heading out the front door.

He went to the store and bought everything Angela asked for. Although he had to get some help for a few things, and he even got lost on his way to the register. He had everything she said for they would need to paint the house now. All he had to do was drive home...but, he wanted to look at rings again.

He stopped by the jewelry store on his way back home, looking at every ring thoroughly to find the right one. With some time, he did find one he thought was perfect, but he would need to save up some more money in order to buy it. With a sigh he headed back to his car and drove home.

"I'm back." He called as he walked inside with everything in hand.