A Boy and His Dragonwolf

When Tyler left, Nym stood up and nudged Nemune so they could walk around with him - and once they arrived, he went to a shadowy place and laid down with his mate, watching the Aer and the human. Mahara, meanwhile, paused and then shook her head. "It's not because of that." she said, though took a pause before she continued.

"There's a shadow." she said softly. "A shadow over our world, and I don't know what it is, but I worry. I worry for you, somehow you're part of the heart of this and.. I want to make sure you're prepared." she looked away, trying to make sure he wouldn't see her tears. "I see.. things. Death and Destruction. I saw you and Nym, your arrival back when I was but a babe." she took a deep breath. "I.. I am scared, Tyler. I am scared and I apologize if it makes me do something untoward to you."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Quiet One
Tyler just sort of stared at her blankly while she explained. So much of that...where should he even approach it from? When the hell exactly did he get dropped into a Tolkien novel?

"I don't understand. You...saw me? Like you can see the future? How long did you know I'd be coming here?" He stopped then, thinking that might be a dangerous line of questioning. Instead he got down and sat beside her. "I'm scared too. I grew up not thinking any of this was possible. But here I am, in another reality, with magic powers, and a magic winged canine. Where I come from, people make games and stories out of this stuff. Actually living it... isn't the same."

He hesitated, then put an arm around her. "Look... I get that this is important, and strangely, I actually seem to be pretty good at this taelesol thing so far. Better than I was at other things, anyway. I don't know what you saw. I don't know where I fit into this vision. But I'm not giving up. I'm still here. And I know I have a lot to learn, but I'm willing to with you and Judy as teachers. We're a team now, right? That means we'll figure this out."

Mahara shook her head a little at his first questions, not wanting to answer them. Though at his arm she paused and just looked out into the wilds, before leaning on his side and closing her golden eyes. She smiled a little and nodded at his words. "Yeah, we're a team." she sighed and stayed that way for a while longer. "You should have a break. Maybe we could go get some dinner." she smiled and blushed. "But.. if we do, I want your help with something."

• Love
Tyler returned a small smile to her. Up until this point, it'd just felt like Mahara was tolerating him, maybe enjoying the training. He kind of felt like he was being baby-sat at the same time he was being drilled like she was some kind of elfin drill sergeant. He thought he was an obligation. But if she'd known about him all this time, then it must be more. She was invested. So he should be too.

"Dinner sounds good. Am I going to be cooking again?" he asked with a smile. He wouldn't really mind if he was; that'd been kind of fun. "What do you need?"

"Nope.. I'm going to need you for something else. And besides, we're taking a break." she giggled a little and moved to stand up, helping Tyler up alongside her. "And.. well... there's this waiter there I like." she admitted, slowly starting to walk back towards the armory. "But, I have.. I have no idea how to talk to him so I need.. I need help." she finally admitted with a blush, looking nervously over to Tyler.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Tyler smiled and stood with Mahara. A waiter, huh? Thinking back to the last time they went to the restaurant, he vaguely remembered her blushing at a waiter.

"I'll do what I can, though my Aer is still rusty," he replied. "For me, Nym kind of helped me with Claire. He nudged her up against me and was really friendly with her as a puppy." He smiled over at Nym and Nemune, the female lifting her head up curiously. "We've got to get to him first, so let's go."

Mahara looked over to the dragonwolves and smiled, whistling to call Nemune over to her and being sure that Nym would follow. She gulped a little, though, nervous about this whole thing as she walked stiffly with Tyler next to her - it becoming more obvious how nervous she was. "W-we should go get Judy too." she said, starting to turn them towards the armory, thinking that Judy might have stayed there. "A-And I bet Nym just knew how right you two for one another."

• Love
Nemune looked up at Mahara's call and got up, following after her. As she and Nym walked beside them, Tyler shook his head. Now on top of everything else, he was expected to be matchmaker.

They gathered up Judy and Dartmoor from the blacksmith and headed to the restaurant for dinner. Tyler suspected she'd be helpful in this new...mission. So he pulled her aside when they got to the restaurant.

"Hey, um... Mahara wants my help getting a date with one of the waiters," he said quietly, not wanting anyone to overhear. "Any...advice?"

Judy smirked and subtly pointed to a section in the back. "Those are his tables, so I'd start by making sure we sit there. And get a moment alone with him. Mahara's cute in her own way; it'll be easy to get him on board."

So they sat in the chosen section and sure enough the man in question came to offer drinks and take their orders. From there, Tyler got an idea. "Actually, I have something from my world I've been hankering for a while. Mind if I ask the chef to see if he can put it together?"

Judy translated and the waiter nodded, guiding Tyler back. But he stopped him and tried explaining in rusty Aer what he was really doing getting him alone.

"Um, listen...Mahara..." It was difficult to get things out there, but he managed to get across that his teammate liked him. He struggled with telling him she wanted to go out, so instead he mimed him writing a message to her that he could slip in under a plate to get them to talk.

As he returned he sat and Judy smirked, trying to enforce the premise. "So what were you trying to get for dinner?"

"I haven't had a burrito in forever. But apparently you guys don't have flour tortillas," he replied with a grin.

"We don't?" Mahara asked with a cock of the head, oblivious to what had been done in the back of the place. "I could have sworn that we had something at least similar.. maybe I should go talk to Yemis about it." she said, starting to stand up. However before she could, the waiter that Mahara was crushing on came by with a basket of bread, and she blushed, quickly averting her eyes.

The waiter would look over to Tyler and smile a little before walking away - on the napkin beneath all the bread would be a simple note in Aer, one asking Mahara to drinks when she finished with her meal.

• Love
"It's similar, but a little thicker than what Tyler's talking about. More like flatbread than a tortilla." Judy nudged Tyler. "I asked about it myself once. Fortunately, I'm English, so I don't miss Mexican food that much."

When the waiter came and flashed a smile, Tyler winked, knowing things were falling into place. Spotting the note he and Judy each grabbed some bread, doing so quickly enough to pull the basket a little off the note and exposing it, hopefully, to Mahara's downcast eyes.

Mahara would reach out to take some bread, but saw some writing on a piece of paper in Aer that said her name in the script. She pulled it out and read it, slowly getting redder and redder in the face. "Shia tia mas..." she muttered to herself, gulping as she looked over to Tyler. "Y-you had something to do with this, didn't you.." she asked, handing over the letter with a shaky had- the paper in Aer script.

• Love
Since Tyler still couldn't read Aer script, Judy took it from there, reading through and fighting to prevent a fit of laughter. "'I've seen you eyeing me, sweet taelesol. I've rested my eyes on you as well. Let's get drinks after my shift, and get to know each other better.' Well, he's trying to be smooth at least. It's kind of cute."

"You asked me to help you out," Tyler said, head down and focusing on his bread. "I didn't tell him to write that."

"Write back," Judy told her. "Say 'Oh yes! Yes! Sweep me off my feet tonight!'" She laughed to herself and bent over the note, writing a little something and folding it up and setting it aside for the waiter to pick up when he came by again.

Mahara blushed madder and madder as Judy read the note out loud, and when she began to write on it the Aer yelped and tried to grab the note. However, before she could see what was written, the waiter came by to take their orders. Pausing, Mahara gave him her seafood order and then shakily held out the note for him to take.

And once he would be gone, she would ask. "Wh-what did you just write, Judy?"

• Love
Judy laughed at Mahara and took a drink. "Relax. I just wrote 'I'd love to.' Something short, simple, and to the point. I'm not going to embarrass you, Mahara." This seemed to calm her down so Judy smirked and added, "also said you looked forward to stripping out of your armor for him tonight." At the Aer's growing blush and mortification she chuckled and shook her head. "I'm kidding! How can you be so insecure with how special you are? You're a taelesol, for crying out loud."

"Not everyone's fearless like you," Tyler input for Mahara's defense.

"Who said I was fearless?"

Mahara was stuck blushing as she took a drink, glaring a little at Judy. "You're cruel." she said simply before looking up to the waiter. He had come back to take their orders, and Mahara wasn't sure how she could face him right now. "Remind me to tell you how Judy deals with live fish." she said to Tyler so Judy could hear, before inputting her order for a seafood lettucewrap.

• Love
Tyler smirked and Judy scowled. "They're slimy and they wriggle too much. I just don't like touching them," she retorted, before giving her order.

Tyler ordered a bird stuffed with a cheesy fruit stuffing with cranberries. It sounded like something to try. "I can't imagine it'd be that bad. Sure, they'd wiggle a lot, but you just have to hold them tight. Besides, I kind of think the scales feel cool. They're all ridged together, but because they're wet they feel really smooth and - "

"Shut up!" Judy snapped, blushing and turning to her bread, which felt very un-fish-like in her hands.

"One time Nemune caught her one and dropped it at her feet. It was still alive." Mahara giggled and teased some, taking her well-deserved revenge. "She yelped and I swear she jumped when it flopped around." She told Tyler, chuckling a little while Nym nuzzled into the female pandrylyr in question.

"Thankfully I was there to save her from the monster." came another soft voice. Yemis coming up with a slightly squirming Melody in his hands. When he placed his daughter down, she got onto her hands and knees and crawled over to Dartmoor and the others, giving a few roar/barks. "She's in rare form today, be careful." he said softly. "I'll go get your food now." he chuckled and walked away after pecking Judy's lips.

"I'm a Pandrylyr! Rawr!" the half-aer roared as she drummed her hands on the ground, trying to get them to play with her.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Judy blushed and crossed her arms at the embarrassing tale, brightening a little when Yemis came up and kissed her, and then chuckles at Melody's antics. Not again. "Just try not to bite anyone this time, okay dear?"

Dartmoor came up and yipped her side, not biting her, but rather just goosing her side with his lips, making her giggle and jump. She leaned back to bark and play, and Dartmoor with his great strength pushed her over with little effort and nuzzled her belly with his cool, wet nose. Nemune murred to Nym and walked over to join Dartmoor, licking Melody's cheek. Tyler smirked at this and took another bite of bread.

"Okay, that's cute," he chuckled. He turned to Mahara. "So how do you plan on going about your date? You guys are starting out with drinks, right?"

Judy grinned at the change of subject and turned away from her daughter. "Yeah, any chance of kissing under candlelight?"

"You really are cruel," Tyler chuckled.

Melody giggled and squirmed as Dartmoor and Nemune played with her, looking up at Nym as he stood up and moved over to nuzzle her too. She squealed and started to push at the Pandrylyrs, laughing as she exclaimed "Myr! Myr! Ai koli ail!" she said, surrendering to the dragonwolves.

While that was happening, Yemis had finished their order, for the waiter to bring out to serve to them. Mahara, while the food was being put down, blushed at being close but otherwise tried to speak with Tyler. "Tomorrow we return to combat practice - and you'll be expected to finish off your weapon so we can begin to practice with that too." she said with a nod, eyes glancing at the waiter as she blushed.

• Love
"Another couple hours like today and I should be done. Was honestly a bit surprised how far I got today," Tyler replied, opening up his bird to scoop the stuffing out before he began cutting chunks of meat off to taste with the fruity mix.

"Considering how complex your design is, so am I," Judy added over her own meal. "I was able to finish my swords in a day, and my glaive a day after, but I didn't have any moving parts."

"Yeah, sorry. Mahara told me to just go with whatever came to mind."

Upon receiving Melody's surrender, Dartmoor picked her up by her collar and dragged her over to her mother, setting her down beside the taelesol while they continued to eat. Tyler kept spotting the waiter checking the one clock in the restaurant, likely counting down the minutes to the end of his shift. He also saw Mahara glance at it from time to time as well. He couldn't help smirking at that.