A Boy and His Dragonwolf

Omra had listened politely to Claire as she spoke, understanding perhaps some of the premise but not quite feeling up to trying to discuss the specifics of their magic. She though smiled and nodded. "Healing magic is much more complex. It's a very rare focus, though can often appear with the focus of light." her eyes looked at Yul for a moment.

"Anyway." Kaliha giggled a little. "This city is very large Tyler." she said with a smile, looking back at Tyler. "It spans across so much of these mountains that each district is like a city unto itself. We're pretty much in the center, which is where the council lives." she explained, hoping that would help him understand.

Claire looked at Yul and put her hand on her chin, going back to Omra as she mused aloud. "Makes some sense. Studies have shown that red light can stimulate cells to heal faster. Transferring energy on that level..."

"Claire," Judy chuckled. "Please. Stop the nerd talk. They aren't getting it. No one's getting it."

Claire blushed and gave a little smile to Omra. "We can talk about it later. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Districts...huh. Guess that makes sense. Should have figured everything I've seen was a little too small for a full civilization," Tyler replied. He leaned back. "So if this is like the center, I'm assuming it gets more...rural as we get further out. What's it like on the edges of this place?"

Omra leaned back in her chair and nodded at Claire's words. "Sure, we can talk some more tomorrow. I would be glad to help you see if you can harness healing magic." she said before looking over to Mahara as she spoke up. "Well, Tyler.. how would you like to see?" she asked with a wink. "You still need lots more practice flying with Nym, so how about we make that your training for tomorrow?" a glance at Claire. "And of course, you're welcome to join us if you want."

• Love
Reactions: Quiet One
"You mean go out there again?" Tyler asked. "Last time I had a flying lesson I was almost eaten."

"Hey, you survived," Judy shrugged and cut up a medallion. "Besides, you've got that impressive chainsaw sword now."

"Guess you're right..." Tyler looked over at Nym, who seemed to have fallen completely into his mate's clutches. Nemune was preening and grooming his head, curled around him with her wings over him and her tail gently wagging. "Guess if we're flying with everyone it should be fine. Less likely to attack, and have better defense if they do. What do you say, bud?" he called over to Nym. "Want to go on a trip tomorrow? Explore the world a little more?"

Nym was quite pleased with the affection, his tail thumping on the ground as he moved his head as it was groomed in an attempt to give his female some affection and grooming as well. He made happy murrs that would reverberate with Nemune's, though his ears perked up when he was called. He looked over to Tyler and gave an affirmative bark before going back to nuzzling back into his mate.

"Well. That's that then." Mahara said with a chuckle, looking around. Everyone was finishing eating, and Melody was humming and talking excitedly to Yul, telling him about the adventures he had gotten into that day.

• Love
Tyler looked over at the kids and leaned over, swallowing some of his pride. Kind of embarrassing asking a kid for help, but then again Yul seemed to already know way more about magic than he did. "Say, before dessert, can I talk to you two for a minute?"

Yul went quiet and awkwardly looked at Melody, unsure what to say with this still relative stranger. Poor kid was so shy.

"Why don't you, Yul?" Judy encouraged in Aer. "I believe I know what he's going to ask and you might just be the perfect teacher for him. Melody, you translate for him, since I know Yul doesn't speak English."

Melody looked at Yul and smiled, reaching out to take the male's hand and nodding gently to him. "Go ahead, I'll be right there with you, okay?" she said softly, squeezing his hand. "And don't worry about Tyler, he's a nice man" she would wait for Yul to start moving before she would get off her own seat and follow him over to where Tyler wanted to go. She would take a look at the dragonwolves, with Nym continuing to nuzzle into Nemune, though he did keep an eye on Tyler as he walked off.

• Love
Yul nodded at Melody, standing shyly and following his friend and Tyler to the sitting area. Tyler sat awkwardly across from them. Nemune got up and walked over towards them, solely so Nym would follow after her and they could sit together, boosting Tyler's morale with his buddy beside him.

"Where I come from, there is no magic," Tyler began as he talked to the kids. "Everything is raw technology, and not powered by your magic crystals..." as he explained Melody translated, and he processed Yul's wide eyes as horror at the idea of a magic-less world. "Anyway, since coming here I've learned I have magic. Guess it comes with being a taelesol. And you seem to understand magic really well. I was wondering if you could help me figure out how to control my power a little better. In exchange...I'll help you get over your shyness. Does that sound fair?"

Nym curled up around his mate and near Tyler, murring softly in an attempt to calm the human down while he continued to groom Nemune. Melody looked between Yul and Tyler, translating for the young male Aer word for word. She saw Yul have trouble comprehending a world without magic, but she still translated everything for them. Once Tyler was done, she waited for Yul to speak so she could translate back to Tyler.

• Love
Yul looked at Melody and nodded. "Um...I-I think I can help. I-If you can help me talk to people, that'd be good."

At Melody's translation Tyler smiled and pet Nym, Nemune licking his cheek too. He reached out and shook the little guy's hand. "Glad we could agree. Think tomorrow we can start, okay?" Yul nodded and shook hands back, a hesitant smile playing on his lips. "Might as well try to help you now, though. See the lady I came in with," he leaned down and pointed at Claire. "Why don't you go and say hi to her. Go up, look her in the eyes, and say 'Hi, I'm Yul.' Think you can do that for me?"

After having the instructions explained to him Yul shuffled his feet and timidly walked over to Claire like he was quietly approaching a bear. He looked up, looked down, then looked up again. "H-Hi. I-I'm Yul."

Claire smiled at him and replied, "Hi, Yul. It's nice to meet you."

Yul blushed and hurried back to Melody.

Melody giggled when Yul came running back to them and threw her arms around him, laughing in good nature. "Good job Yul! That was great!" she said happily while nuzzling close into the young man. She didn't say anything about how to continue talking since that wasn't her place. For now she was just proud of what her friend had done.

• Love
Tyler smiled at the two of them and nodded. "She's right; that was pretty good for a first try. I'll help you out tomorrow."

"Dessert!" Kaliha called out, carrying a cake into the main room as she brought in a yellow, layered cake. The two kids looked up and ran to the table excitedly, and Tyler and Claire smirked and walked over too. As they cut into the cake, Tyler saw it was cream-filled and closely seemed to resemble a Boston Cream Pie. As they all ate, he smirked at how the pandrylyrs were able to sneak some of the cake while they all ate. Nym and Nemune even seemed to have figured out how to share it between each other.

---

The next morning, Tyler and Claire awoke in their bed with some sleepy yawns. That had been good cake. He stretched and put his arms around Claire, only to see she was starting to read her book on Aer. "Oh...yeah, I'm getting better but still behind on that thing."

She smiled. "You just need practice, Tyler. Think we're going to have to get dressed soon."

"Yeah..." He rolled and got up.

As Tyler moved to get up, he would end up with his feet touching something warm and furry. Nym was lying right by the bedside, and let out a murr/sigh when he realized that Tyler was starting to wake up. He rolled over to lay on his belly so Tyler could actually get up, keeping his head down as he rested a bit more. Though he would continue to move his head enough to keep Tyler in his field of vision, tail wagging every time that Tyler would look at him.

• Love
Tyler smiled at Nym, petting his head as he got up and got dressed. He and Claire would then continue giving him little scratches and bits of affection while they got ready to start their day. When their breakfast was brought to them he made sure to give some to his dragon-wolf buddy while synching up his armor.

"So...I'm teaching a four-year-old how to overcome his shyness. And he's in turn going to teach me how to control magic," he said while tying up one of his shin guards. "This is going to be another weird day."

"I think he's older than four, Tyler," Claire replied. "He is a cute thing, though. I used to have a real thing for shy guys. But they were so timid it never went anywhere, so I grew out of it." She looked up and arched her brow. "Hm...think we're actually up a little early. Normally Mahara's here to get us, but I think we're ready before her for once."

"I'm not gonna get used to it," Tyler replied and scratched Nym's ears again, giving his big pup a sideways hug.