Esper, Magician or Neither?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uiharu could contain all the IR radiation, slowly heating them both up over a period of several hours until it's really hot and humid and they both faint.

Thats the only way to counter it? I don't think so. In a few seconds I came up with solutions for a selection of characters to break the hold. Any saint is stronger anyway so can just smack him in the face or something. Biribiri can just use a closer range electric attack which will weaken his grip once it ends, any teleporter can just teleport away, most magicians would be able to put a fireball in his face, Accelerator would be able to throw him into a wall or something... I think it's fair.
Not really. His speed would allow him to dodge any close range attacks that he encounters most Esper and Magicans aren't strong physically. So he still has advantage in close-range combat.

Lallcsz, just saying, but peak human strength isn't that great at all, compared to whatever else exists in the To Aru verse. But I have a question.

His multiplication thing (assuming that it's the same as division), effects magical/ESP abilities as well. Doesn't that mean that every time he buffs himself, his own power will also become stronger?

I'm not sure how fast you're imagining him then :D I'm imagining around Usain Bolt speed. nothing supernatural. And he's physically touching the electromancer. There's no way he can dodge out of the way in the split second it takes to fire a lightning bolt. That's as ridiculous as predicting and dodging an actual thunderbolt from a storm cloud.

That's what Touma did before though. So it's totes within the realm of possibility, seeing how Kageru's pretty much an edgier Touma with a weaker ability. XD

Lallcsz, just saying, but peak human strength isn't that great at all, compared to whatever else exists in the To Aru verse. But I have a question.

His multiplication thing (assuming that it's the same as division), effects magical/ESP abilities as well. Doesn't that mean that every time he buffs himself, his own power will also become stronger?
Well yes, but keep in mind he's also facing humans so comparatively he would still be stronger and faster than esper or magicians. So he would be at the peak of human strength compared to average or below average human strength.

Just call me Iall.

Well, I don't mind. It's an RP anyway, not a game so we can ask him to tone it down if we think he's being OP. Plus, he can't dodge AOE Spells, can he? And a lot of Haruka's repertoire can be pretty AOE.

Haruka has all the spells. Hell, she can do one-woman Gregorian Chants. Pretty sure that's enough AOE to deal with anyone in this RP.

Most saints can do that kind of thing. They are described as nuclear bombs of the magic world, after all, and 3,333 people is only enough to raze a single large building to the ground.

Most Saints can't do that in a single spell. At least, if I remember correctly, while they're capable of eventually doing that stuff via bashing and smashing with oversized weapons, they can't output an attack equal to that of a nuclear bomb in a single instant.

Heh exploiting a post to get 4 characters into conversation. Well done me, if I say so myself. But razing a single building isn't nuke size. It's more normal bomb sized. Even someone as mundane as Stiyl could probably do it if he used Innocentius.

No, if Stiyl couldn't even make an airplane explode, and he's a professional, above average 'normal' magician. He's never shown the ability to straight up destroy a building, only enough firepower to deal with large groups of magicians.

But yeah, posted. The damage stick isn't out yet, right? Shame. I was going to say that it looked like she had a giant glowstick on her back, but then read that it was still covered up. XD

Don't forget, he has a little bit of a Mind's Eye ability so if he does touch Biribiri, observing minor body language changes could signal him to get the hell out of there if he doesn't want to end up being barbecued by 1 million volts of electricity. And he isn't stupid enough to take on Accelerator. Though theoretically, it is possible to defeat him using this ability but he wouldn't just stand around and let that happen now, would he? Think of Equalizer as the equivalent of the Turn into a Fairy spell designed to bring opponents into a level equal to him. And yes, peak human ability isn't as strong as the strength of superman, the speed of the flash, etc.

But his minor body language stuff only came from brawling with street thugs. Doesn't that mean that, as a result, he's only going to be receptive to physical melee attacks? Not electrical esper attacks that really only require thoughts?

And geez, does that mean he can do the same to a Magic God? XD

Please, he wouldn't even get close enough to a Magic God to do that, XD. HOThinus would kill him before he could do that. Plus, he wouldn't fight an opponent if he deems he is in a severe disadvantage.

Anyways, I'm assuming my character is more or less accepted now, right?

Please, he wouldn't even get close enough to a Magic God to do that, XD. HOThinus would kill him before he could do that. Plus, he wouldn't fight an opponent if he deems he is in a severe disadvantage.

Anyways, I'm assuming my character is more or less accepted now, right?
I forgot to do that... your character is accepted. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Accelerator
Laevateinn will likely have stopped glowing rather soon. It recently got hit by a super-hot attack, that's the only reason it still has any heat in it. Normally it's just a fancy metal rod that looks like a spear. But spears are rather conspicuous in Academy City so she copied all the other mages and wrapped her weapon in paper which seems to be enough to fool most people.

Wow did I really mess you're with your. * Great Shame *

*tuts with disapproval*

Heh apparently Iall kicked me out of this RP because I said he/she was weird for starting to complain about something but then refusing to explain their complaints XD

Status
Not open for further replies.