Zombies Go Boom: First Chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klaus realised that, having immersed himself in his own thoughts, he had neglected to give a proper answer, which was beginning to slightly annoy his would-be companion. Ironically, since her next sentence annoyed him. She had said they had good defenses - a laughable statement, especially considering the zombie horde, which as probably already converging on the door at the back as they spoke. The Pentagon probably had good defenses, a military bunker probably had good defenses, but he wasn't willing to trust his life on the walls of either, since he knew firsthand how extraordinary the abilities and endurance of the human body are, once the threat of pain and damage is ignored. He certainly wouldn't stay in this place, let alone sleep! The very notion of sleeping in close quarters looked to him like an invitation to a feast, with himself being the main course. The only good think from all of WeiWei's blabbing was her apparent distrust in him - it was quite smart not to trust random strangers, especially during a zombie apocalypse. Following the same train of thoughts, he suddenly realised that her still standing rather close to him, which was certainly not unpleasant, was because she didn't want to leave herself exposed to his handgun, while he was out of range of her sword. "Smart girl.." he couldn't help but smile. Of course, that toy wouldn't help her much if I decided to kill her, but it was certainly a gesture, that commanded respect.

"Wait, stay inside what?!" he thought to himself, trying to remember the weird name she had mentioned... at which point he saw the van, parked on the other side of the parking lot, with the same letters printed on it. The... thing, which could barely be called a van for all it's add-ons almost dropped his jaw. She was travelling with that... thing?! Klaus almost cried in frustration, as he had now begin to realise that WeiWei's choice of attire and that... caravan thing, in which he could bet she also lived, were not just random stuff, acquired recently, just like his boots, but rather her conscious choices made in the "previous" life, before the world went to hell. Moreover, her giving them names signaled her actually placing an emotional attachment to them. He was certain she'd probably also named that sword of hers. "My luck strikes again - I am surrounded by zombies and the only ally I have is some sort of an overgrown homeless geek." Only his long year practice prevented him from rolling his eyes and exhaling in frustration. All the respect he had build up so far suddenly evaporated into thin air - that rampantly growing cast of non-contributing, self-sustaining idiots that he had heard of, from time to time, during his stay in America was probably the lowest a human could be in terms of value, closely followed by the equally frustrating eco-activists and anti-gun protesters. And while he had though all such morons would surely perish in an apocalypse scenario, he was faced with a proof of the otherwise.

"Look, love" he said in business-like manner, the same still facial expression he would use when was speaking to the board of Mikaelson Arms Expo - "I appreciate the hospitality, but we are by no means safe here. I'm sorry to bring it on you, but this is not some... fantasy... rolepay or apocalypse-survival game, this is the real world." Klaus obviously had no idea of what those kind of people were into, so he needed small pauses to find the words for the end of the sentence, before continuing his instructions unhinged " And in the real world, we move. Those zombies will, and I can't emphasize this enough, will, not can, be breaking through that door soon enough. So..." he took a deep breath "Take what supplies you think would be useful and let's move out. Don't take too much, though, you need to stay light on your feet. We'll be grabbing food from the shops over the streets as we move. I came from the garage and know how we can sneak though the... things, without much fighting." he saw what seemed like a surprise written over her face and added, carelessly "Oh, and uhm, please forget about the booze and the weed that you have stashed there, will you? We need to always remain vigilant, if we are to get out alive."

Last edited:
Reactions: PureKor
Jason watched the girl named Olivia walk past him after wiping the blood of her face. In his head he couldn't help but think "..damn..she is..she looks..wow.." He then shook his head and steeled his nerves. This was no time to be getting little school boy crushes as his mom had always called them. Right now he needed to focus on survival no matter how hot that Olive girl look. STOP IT!! he screamed in his head. Thinking like that right now is only going to get you killed. Focus on the here and now and maybe that later. He turned back to the others that were in the group and gave a weak smile "My names Jason..just thought I'd get that out of the way first..come on lets get out of here I'd rather not wait until we're completely cut off from any escape route..which way were you all heading by the way?" As he spoke he turned and fell into step behind Olivia as he did so he pulled the glock back out of his pants pocket and looked around slowly he wouldn't care to get cut off that's for sure but he would care even less if he was caught without his weapon in hand that would make his life...well...not life anymore.

Reactions: PureKor
Rolf blinked a little as the girl with a crossbow - Olivia - walked past, and he rubbed the back of his head a little and looked at the floor, looking a little embarrassed for some reason or another. Re-adjusting his grip on his spear, Rolf found himself at a loss of what to say for a few moments. Admittedly, the girl, Olivia, was... really pretty... but Rolf had no real experience with girls, and he had a lost sister out there that needed finding. Surely he couldn't let something like that distract him. But...

As Jason spoke, Rolf shook a little as if he'd been woken up. Rolf thought he may as well introduce himself to the new addition to the group, Jason, too.
"Uhm... I'm Rolf. I sort of just met this group in a supermarket earlier, I'm just following... it's nice to see new survivors and all; maybe we can help eachother out for a bit." Rolf said with a faint smile, and looked around warily. More gunshots?
"I can hear g-gun... gunshots all around the city... dunno what you guys have planned, but... I've got your backs for now." Rolf said with an anxious tone to his voice, the sound of gunshots clearly unsettling him. Rolf hated this damned city; the place reeked of death, and it was a common area for bandits to catch unsuspecting scavengers off guard, and kill them for something as petty as a pocket knife. Rolf had seen bandits before, but... he didn't want to think about what happened back then.

Everyone seemed to be so strong around him... Rolf wished for one he had a real rapier; then walkers would be no problem. But with all the bandits out there... what good was a sword against a gun? Rolf just didn't want to be a liability... he needed to learn everything he could in this world to be stronger - without the shroud of his fencing mask to boost his confidence.

Squinting at the sky, Rolf seemed a little nervous... the sky was getting a little cloudy - did that mean rain could be coming? Following behind Jason, Rolf decided to try and make a little conversation with the group as they walked.
"So what brings you all here to the city...? I'm... kind of looking for someone... my sister... she's young, but can take care of herself. I just hope she's out there somewhere, I couldn't forgive myself if something bad happened to her." Rolf gravely whispered, his face a flood of concern.

Reactions: Lucian
Weiwei:

Weiwei's facial expression said she was completely unimpressed by Klaus' little rant.

"One: my name is not 'Love.' Don't call me that again. Two: you want to talk about 'the real world,' alright: thermodynamics. Movement requires the expenditure of energy, whether that be fuel in a vehicle or calories from your body. Constant movement requires constant expenditure, which requires more 'fuel' without providing any demonstrable tactical or strategic advantage over the zeds. Three, as you so correctly pointed out, you have to travel light, which means you can't accumulate resources and you can't build defenses. You'll be constantly moving into unfamiliar terrain instead of defending terrain you know, and you're as likely to blunder into enemies as you are to have them blunder into you. I've already thinned out the zeds in the stairwell, and I guarantee you there are fewer there than out on the street where you propose we go.

"But I'm sure that, with your very practical business suit and all, what, nine rounds in that firearm, you can arrive at a perfectly realistic solution to the zombie problem, at least until the canned beans and Cheese Doodles run out. Best of luck."

Derek followed behind the group. He couldn't help how the two guys were acting around Olivia. "Alright guys... It's a girl, I know they can be illusive rare breed, but now that's out of the way let's get our hormones in check and get to this damn weapons place we've been talking about" the SEAL had spoken moving closer to the front of the group so he could see what they were heading for.

Then Rolf asked THE question... "Me and my squad was sent to watch over a refugee camp till an evacuation team came, we got over run at the camp by bandits, we barely made it out, not to mention we had no comm's to any other military outpost or anyone to be exact, they just went quiet one day...but now my brothers and I got a new mission, aiding you guys." He said before wiping the stock of his gun, it had 5 dog tags glued onto it, some stained with blood. And kept walking. Hopefully he didn't come off crazy... He just didn't want to call them dead...​

Spencer scowled at the addition of yet another person to the group. When was this going to stop? She had wanted to see another living person, but not this many. She briefly considered slipping off into an alley, and might have done it, if the mixture of surprise and fear she was feeling hadn't been so devastatingly strong. No, that probably wasn't the best idea anyways. She'd just remain aware. If anything, she'd slip away from them that night. For now she had to focus on the infected. All that noise was sure to have drawn them their way, and they needed to find shelter. Besides, hadn't someone mentioned something about weapons? It would be nice to have something besides her bat, just in case.

She turned her head towards Rolf when she heard his question. Now was as good a time as ever to actually speak again. She couldn't be silent forever, no matter how nervous the others were making her. "I live near here." She said, her voice quiet and monotone sounding - she was trying not to show her fear. "Queens. Near the Woodhaven Boulevard stop. Ya know, up along the J train? I was up here when all this started." She reached up to tug on the collar of her jacket, something which was becoming a bit of a nervous habit for her. She still found Rolf a bit pathetic, he was annoying when he freaked out and begged people for mercy. She understood him being worried for his sister, though. Everyone had people they were either worried for, or wished they could be worried for, at this point. "I doubt you'll find her." She added. "She's probably dead. Everyone is dead."
She hadn't meant to say it out loud, nor did she fully realize she had. It was the truth, though. With so many corpses walking the street, what else could you expect?

It had been about an hour or just over it of his venture setting off. In that time was some of the most recent fear he had tasted in a long time. Stopping at a small general foods store he took a moment to have a breather seeing as the walkers down the road had been left in the dust kicked up by his feet...well it seemed that way. Removing his pack from his back and taking a seat at the stores counter he sighed lowering his bandana from his nose to let cleaner air into his lungs. He took this time to reflect on exactly how it all went to shit so fast, spinning his bat in his hand he pondered 'this may be the only thing i can trust anymore' which sent hate and shivers down his body for he had loved his friends and family back home, and he spoke of trust as the greatest thing in this world.

Now that he had taken a breather he knew that the gunshot earlier would have attracted every damned walker in the area, most likely thats what those walkers were heading after. Still he grabbed his gear and headed back out the store pulling his bandana up over his nose and jaw again so that only his eyes were seen. Heading back down the street of the possible gunshot area he came to a small alley leading onto another street then he saw a Person...Living or Dead? No living, Then he noticed others behind him, One with an assault rifle, 'Gunshot Guy...maybe there is some luck for them after all' he spoke with a soft chuckle in his voice. Crouching low to the ground he edged closer to the walking by party making sure he wasn't seen.

Gripping tighter on his bat he was now just over half way through the alley before he landed behind a dumpster and made it his lookout point. Knowing a party of that size would be good by themselves yet not everyone would see eye to eye opposed to a two or three man group. Possible Family, Age difference is another one....The variables were endless. Still he remained in the shadows hoping to follow them incase anything happened. One more Survivor is one more chance for humanities survival in this cock-up of a scenario.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Asher, dehydrated and a little self medicated, continued his lonely trek down the decrepit streets. In a stupor of sorts as he felt nothing from the world around him. Completely numb. He loved his numbing escape. The chemical high he so treasured even before the apocalypse. It was like he was walking on air but he kept his faculties. Just enough to take away the pain but still agile and deadly. He never let himself become an addict. Never made himself weak. It was his promise to himself. Never make himself weaker in any circumstance. Always stronger.

He was all but in another world until a familiar groaning invaded the space around him. Glancing over his shoulder, he noticed the horde shambling towards him. Dropping his head, he cursed under his breath and ran up the street to a nearby apartment complex. Taking his boot to the door, he started kicking it down. The horde grew ever closer as he struggled to get the door kicked in. Breathing heavily and cursing at the wind while the undead became roused by all of the noise Asher had been making. The grunts and moans growing louder and louder until the door finally gave and Asher stumbled and fell just inside. dragging himself over the fallen door and makeshift barricade behind the door by his arms. Quickly regaining his footing, he sprinted down the hall and up a flight of stairs. He stopped, breathing heavily, searching for an escape. Finally, choosing a door, he slammed through it and began crowding the door with furniture to keep out the undead. Taking up a position at the window to search for alternate means of escape should he need it. His hand firmly grasping his bag.

Thermodynamics?! The geek was talking about things she had probably recently googled, as if she understood them and that made Klaus angry. And making a completely invalid points with a number impudently stated before each of them, just as his mother use to do when he was a small boy, was even more infuriating. Nevertheless, having someone with you was much better than being all lone, so he was unwilling to give in to the temptation of just leaving. "No need to get sassy, love, and my suit is more comfortable than you'd think." he answered calmly "You say you've thinned out the... zeds... in the building. How many do you think you can "thin out" like that, kicking and screaming, before one of them thins out a piece of your beautiful, smooth skin? First rule of battle: no matter how good the defense, a stronger offence will break through eventually. And even if you kill all of them nearby, then what? You are going to make yourself a nice house, plant some crops, make some ale, restart society? Think for a second, entire countries have failed to defend armed citadels against these things." He made a small pause, as if he was thinking to himself, after which he stated grimly in a lower voice - "There is no defending this. Make a fortress and they will keep on coming, until eventually they overrun you, that's all there is to it. We need to move, stay nimble and don't stay in one place. We won't be "blundering" into anything that we can walk past and trust me, it's not too hard to walk past them, especially now, while there is still an abundance of fresh meet kicking and screaming to attract them away. And don't worry, canned food isn't going to disappear anytime soon."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Leave Imladris, leave years' worth of resources and preparations for a creepy guy who'll probably put that gun to my head and rape me the second he gets the chance? Yeah, I don't think so. But he does have a point: I'll need to have an escape route, and plans for what to do if this place gets besieged. Not that the running, huddling 'nimble' nomads are doing any better. They're the 'kicking and screaming fresh meat' he's talking about. I should have a plan for nomadism in place though, have a bug-out bag ready. But not with some skeevy psychopath who's more dangerous than the zeds.

"Well, you seem to have everything sorted then. Our chosen survival strategies are incompatible, and neither of us has time to waste on further debate. It's time to put your 'keep moving' approach into practice. Good day, sir."

• Thank You
As a matter of fact, he did have everything sorted out, apart from what he would do when he was tired and needed to sleep, with no one to watch his back. "Well, luck, it seems you will have to actually do some real work for once" he though to himself, while deciding over what to answer. It wasn't as if he was really eager to have a nagging geek as a companion, but in his experience people who would be such a bother would 9 out of 10 times not kill you in your sleep and that quality was going to become more and more scarce as time went on the the more gullible perished by the thousands.

He was certain the woman would end up dying quite the gruesome death as a result of staying here, but he had just now managed to see the world from her perspective - she didn't immediately dismiss his statements, obviously she actually gave the matter some thoughts. That could only make him draw one conclusion: to a hippy-like geek like her who would probably see any man wearing a business suit as intrinsically evil under normal circumstances, he must have seemed more like Satan's personal cup-bearer, given the gravity of the situation. He snarled at the thought. "Trust me, love, I am the better kind of people you can meet in this scenario." he smiled - he wasn't lying, some of his american "colleagues", if alive, would have killed her the second they got the chance to shoot safely. Screw his co-workers, the average american would not only beat her unconscious, but probably rape her in a beast-like vigor, before killing her, or worse. Klaus, of course, knew all too well, that trying to explain any of these things to a person whose only touch with the real world were horror movies and blogs of equally mentally challenged individuals would only produce an adverse effect, if any. "Very well then, don't mind me, I won't be long. But you'd be losing the joy of my company, which as I've been told is exquisite." he put his gun at the back of his belt, waved his empty hands in the air in from of her and after he turned his back on the geek, moved towards the edge of the roof - he had, after all, originally come to this part of the facility only to plan a route around the city and sketch a map in his mind. He knew he had to move rather quick, soon all of the easy prey would be devoured and getting to the harbor or some radio station would become rather problematic. Normally, he couldn't care less about other people's fortune, but something made him feel bad about leaving this one to her untimely death. Could it be, that he actually had started to develop consciousness? Klaus smiled, dismissing the thought, as he was already reaching the very edge of the roof, to take a good look around the area.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Weiwei:

Weiwei rolled her eyes. Dudebro can't turn off the skeevy for five seconds. But...he's an honest creep. The most dangerous psychopaths are the ones that are really good at pretending not to be. Doesn't mean he's not dangerous though. Enemies closer? she wondered. The fact of the matter was, he knew where she made her bed. If he survived, he might return with a band of thugs. Or, he could just get eaten. It was all too easy to imagine it. Zeds coming at him, surrounding him, more replacing the ones he brought down until his gun clicked ineffectually, then his screams as he was brought down like a gazelle by a pack of hyenas.

Weiwei sighed.

"First things first: you can repopulate the Earth with someone else. Second thing, do you ever plan on sleeping? Because if you do, you'll need shelter. Then you'll be in the exact same situation you say I'm in, except that you'll have no prepared defenses, no stored food and water, no tools, no access to energy, no access to washing and sanitation--and in a city filled with eight million corpses that matters, because disease can kill you as surely as the zeds, and you'll have nothing more than you can carry and still be 'nimble.' You'll have to find and clear a new shelter every night, and try to make it defensible. It's only a matter of time before you don't see a zed lurking in some darkened apartment until it proves nimble enough to get a piece of your beautiful smooth skin. Or you move into an area where all the good shelters are taken by paranoid nutters with shotguns aimed at the doors, or all the doors have already been battered down by people like you and the zeds that come after. All the time you spend finding, clearing, and cobbling together defenses for your shelters is time you can't spend gathering food and water or weapons and allies or doing anything else useful.

"Tell you what: let's go on a supply raid. See if we can stand each other long enough to work together. I keep what I can carry, you keep what you can carry. When we're loaded up, you can decide if you want to stay in the cab," she said, pointing a thumb back toward the Imladris, "or just keep on going. If you come back with me, you agree to help me clear and secure this place under my supervision between supply raids. You get a place to stash more supplies than you can carry, and in return for your help I'll put my talent and tools to the task of improving our weaponry and armor, starting with a proper melee weapon for you. You'll also agree not to attack or harm other human beings except in self-defense, and I'll abide by the same rule. Or we can part ways now, and avoid the rush. Your choice."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jargo
Rolf instantly looked down as the SEAL had something about hormones, clearing his throat and opening his mouth to make some sort of excuse, but nothing came out. He decided to shut up, keep walking, and listen to his story - after the SEAL had finished, Rolf watched the dog tags on the man's rifle with confused eyes, but sooner or later Rolf seemed to understand. It was hard losing people, sure... and it helped to keep memories of them. Rolf could perfectly understand why he still considered those bloodstained dog tags as 'brothers'. Rolf's fencing mask was given to him by his father as birthday present one day, after all. Sure, it would sound lame to other people... but when he wore that mask, he felt as if he absorbed some of his father's bravery, even for a brief second.

Then the quiet girl said where she used to live. Rolf didn't show any reaction at first; he didn't know where this 'Queens' was. He'd just run into this city in a somewhat blind panic.

Then she said it. "I doubt you'll find her. She's probably dead. Everyone's dead."

As if the sentence paralysed him, Rolf came to a stop for a moment; still as a statue. The remnant memories of the voice and happy laughs of his sister played back in his head, as if a recording of her had been taken and replayed in his mind. It was such a stupid, brief memory...
"Roooolf...! I'm home."
"Oh... hey, Jaina. You have a good day at school?"
"Sort of. I kinda got into a fight with one of the boys today. I won, of course!"
"Nice... - Uh - I mean...! Y-you shouldn't get into fights! If you get yourself in trouble again, I have to skip work to come and pick you up!"
"Aww, but-"
"No buts. You know how hard your big brother has to work these days..."
"...Okay, sorry..."
"..."
"...I still wish mommy was home."
"... ... ... ...Yeah. I do too."
"...And daddy..."
"R...Right. Anyway, I bought some cookies today! I don't know how good they taste yet... maybe you can have the first try!"
"Really?! You bet I will; I won't get into more trouble, big brother! I promise!"
Rolf wasn't sure what to say or do - what could he say or do? The girl was probably right - how could a ten year old survive in this hell? It was just a false dream to see his sister again - and protect her. But... still. What remained of Rolf's hope and will moved his mouth to reply as he pushed the butt of his spear into the ground for a moment.

"I can't just give up. I have to find her, not just assume she's dead and walk away... what kind of big brother would I be to do that?! If she's out there - she needs me; damn it!" Rolf said, an emotional tone to his voice as he looked up into the dreary skies. He wasn't going to shed any tears, he didn't want to look like the 'weak one' all the time.

Rolf carried the spear over his shoulder, and began walking again with a few more words.

"And if she is dead... the least I can do... is bury her."

Jason walked in silence along with the others as they spoke their stories about how they came to be in the city. He looked straight ahead and swallowed hard as he went back over the events that led them to being here in new york "..My dad was a cop..him my mom and I came here for a business meeting. We lived in Wisconsin so the big city was a new thing to all of us not that we hadn't been in big cities before but certainly nothing as big as New York. We had been surviving ok for a week or so..but..then..the walkers found us..we managed to kill them but..my parents got bit during the process and before I knew it they had turned. I had to kill them..before they killed me as well.." He looked down and wiped at his eyes as he tried to keep his emotions in check. Some would say he did what he had to do to survive and he would agree with them but..to be forced to watch your family go through that hell of changing and then be forced to kill them. It wasn't something he would wish upon anyone.

Klaus stopped, few steps from the roof and turned to listen to Weiwei, as she proceeded to give him a similar briefing to what he had given her at the start of their encounter. "Repopulate the Earth you say?" he laughed "One look at this" he waved his hands around his body "and you couldn't resist hitting on me. Well, I guess my father wouldn't mind an Asian daughter-in-law." For the first time since they had started speaking Klaus saw some logic in her plan - he hadn't though of the rampant diseases that were bound to engulf the city, but he also didn't plan on staying in it for long enough to face the aftermath of the virus. Of course, the son of Michael was not sure how much of his plan he could share at this point, so he preferred to let her have a win on this topic, for now. "Those things, I believe you reffed to them as zeds, operate on sound and smell... for as much as I can tell. This means I have my shelter cut out for me for as much as the city extends - in these" he tapped the hood of one of the cars near him "For as long as I keep quiet, no zed would detect me, while I am inside a vehicle and let me tell you, I'm not a snorer. As for supplies, I don't eat a lot, so a backpack is enough. There is one thing I'll admit, though, the zeds are onto the worst thing out there. Those paranoid gun-owners that you described would be ecstatic to blow my head in my sleep, especially since I won't be able to hear them from the inside of a car. So you don't need to tell me twice, love, we are a billion times better off together. So yes, I shall accept and abide by all your terms, madame." he jokingly made a small bow "But when we are outside, you will follow my lead and keep your mouth shut, for both of our sake. But first of all, we'll have to...." he suddenly noticed something inside the car that he had leaned on, while talking - a map of some sorts, hopefully a map of the city. It was almost too good to be true! How many people in the 21st century went on carrying maps! Since the zombie sounds had subsided, he didn't want to break the glass and make extra noise, so he looked around for something small and metallic that he could use to pick the lock. "You don't happen to have any hairpins in that van, do you? Some tweezers would do the work as well." he noticed her confusion at his sudden change of topic and explained "There's a map in there and we need to know where we are going. I don't want to have to break the window, but I can pick the lock rather easily. Oh come on, like you didn't expect it from me!"

Last edited:
  • Love
The man had rummaged through all of their belongings, surprisingly, having left their food and family pictures in their bags. However, he did steal all of their weapons and other items such as medical supplies, drinkable water, and other such items. The raven haired male scowled at the older man, who seemed to pay no mind to him. The man might not be as bright, but the problem was he never left them alone to do anything in their favor. Elliot and Elia were stuck unless this man went away. They needed one chance. Just one so that they could escape this crazy man. Elia could only hope that if anyone were to find them, they believe their side and not whatever this man might tell them.

"Эллиот...? Как долго вы считаете, что это человек будет здесь?" (Elliot...? How long do you believe this man will stay here?) Elia whimpered a bit to her brother, only to be silenced by the man pointing her own crowbar at her.

"No talking in Russian, whore." The man said, earning another scowl from her brother. Was there any glass or even a knife nearby? Perhaps near Elia?

"Найти некоторые из стекла или ножа." (Find some glass or a knife.) Elliot murmured to his sibling, earning the man getting in his face.

"Hey! I said no talking in Russian!" He exclaimed. Elliot spat at the man's face and slammed his foot against his abdomen. Being considerably strong for his height and weight, it definitely hurt the man. All they had to do was hold out and strike at the first opportunity they received.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
"And you chide me for living in a fantasy world," Weiwei muttered in a deadpan voice when the guy started going on about her hitting on him, and him taking her to dear old dad to introduce as his 'Asian daughter-in-law.' Next thing, he'll promise to make me princess of Schloss Neuschwanstein. Instead, however, he started talking about his actual plans for shelter. Oh sweet mystery of life, huddling in abandoned cars at night! I guess it's better than dying, but only just barely. Funny how he thinks he can be quiet enough in a car right down there among them to not attract a horde, but I can't be quiet enough all the way up here not to. No point in arguing with him about it though.

Weiwei made no objection when Klaus proposed that he lead on the supply raid and she keep her mouth shut. She had almost included something along those lines in her initial offer, to balance her being in charge of clearing and securing the base. She'd held back in case she needed to 'reluctantly' offer it as a compromise in case he proposed something more onerous. Then he...found a map?

"Alright, gimme a minute. I'll get you tools, if you'll show me how, especially if you know how to defeat a car alarm. I collect skills." Hang on--he has a destination in mind! He came up here to recon the city, and now he's hoping for a map. So he's not planning on just running around, looting convenience stores and hiding in cars for the rest of his life. Could it be a trap? Like him leading me to some Mob hideout where his buddies are holed up with guns? Oooh yikes, he could actually be serious about bringing me home to daddy--or Godfather, as the case may be.

• Love
Nothing was wrong, yet nothing felt right either in tat particular moment.

Olivia did not want any Unwanted company very soon, as her lack of People- skills was just above average she would say, any other companionship will send her senses to lock for a while.

However, taking few steps at the time, the streets in that part of the city seemed rather 'inhabitant' or so it gave the impression. Her breath was a bit calmer now, yet could not let her guard down not even for one minute.

Suddenly, a very loud noise came from behind the group, something which resembled like a raving engine. It echoed in the air and spread quickly, as it came closer and closer. The sound was of motorcycles coming from just a few feet away.

" Crap! This is exactly why we need right now.. A Gang?" Olivia laughed at herself, gripping the crossbow before quickly emerging towards the others in the group.
" Guys .. Any ideas of how we should handle this situation ?
My opinion would be to hide and fast. I highly doubt it those whoever is riding those motorbikes are to be Friendly with us..". Her voice came out rather trembling, swallowing the nod at her throat. Her chest rose up and down, pressing more onto her tight bra almost squeezing her C- cup boobs underneath.

But, before someone would say something then the unexpected happened. A loud thunder broke the skyline, as the clouds turned grey and very soon it begun to pour heavily with big waterdrops. They hit the ground quick and hard, like arrows being fired from the sky.
Her eyes turned up to the sky,with a tiny sigh escaping her lips, letting her hand to reach in the air and let the waterdrops to fall into her palm. Her brow gesture showed that she was beyond frustration in that moment, while her red hair was getting wetter, alongside her clothes.

" Fuck ! Why is all happening in one damn day ? for God's sake !" Olivia's voice came out like a whisper under her breath, while the rain kept pouring and begin to make her clothing to stick on her skin like glue.

This was definitely a sign from God. And it was not a pretty one.

Shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cwolf0615
Not good.

Rain heavier than Rolf had ever experienced before drenched his clothing, and completely soaked his hair. His wooden spear became soggy and slippery to handle, and it wasn't long before it felt like Rolf had just climbed out of a swimming pool whilst wearing his clothes. He tried to speak at first, but the rain was so intense that he could barely see anything. Huge raindrops went down the back of his shirt, causing an uncomfortable chill to his spine.

The motorbike engines... the panic of the situation - the fear and adrenaline pumping through his veins. Rolf wanted to turn away and run.

But he couldn't leave these people. Even if he had a mere sharpened stick, what remained of his loyalty caused him to reach into his backpack, and place the fencing mask steadily over his head to protect from the rain, and to give the clear head he needed for a situation like this.

"Get down! The heavy rain'll give us cover!" Rolf yelled to the others through the metal slits of his mask, crouching to the floor and laying behind some old cardboard boxes. They wouldn't last for long; the rain would make them soggy... but...
"If you need me, signal me by scratching the top of your head... as much as I hate it, the only hope I have here is to hide and wait until I can get a surprise attack in!"

Rolf didn't have much time to think, but he knew the element of surprise could get an advantage on the bikers - or they wouldn't notice and just drift past. Either way, Rolf wanted to get into a position where he wouldn't get instantly shot in a combat situation - he didn't have a gun after all - and could flank the bikers from behind. Not caring if others would think he was a coward or not - Rolf knew it was the best bet for him - he quickly picked up a cardboard box, laying his spear close by as he hid under the box, waiting for any chance to strike at the guards.

He wasn't going to get shot. He wasn't going to hide either. He had to just be patient and wait - maybe some of the others would do the same as him, but most of the group had guns. Rolf didn't.

If these people were really aggressive... Rolf hated to admit he didn't have much choice. The soggy cardboard walls around him already starting to crumble around him, Rolf steadied his breathing, looking through a small hole in the box and waiting for the right moment to pass...

"You don't even know how car alarms work, do you?" Klaus grinned, upon making the snide remark, as his companion went digging around her poor excuse of a vehicle in order to look for the tools - "It doesn't go off, only until you offset it by touching something you're not supposed to - like opening the door with a lever." He ignored her apparently unimpressed face and took the tools that were handed to him, after which he proceeded to kneel and start tinkering with the lock - it was a standard Geman edition locking systems, without any further electric safety features - he remembered his younger brother once designing a tool that could open such with one swing and selling it on the black market, before Michael forbade it. Too bad Klaus didn't buy one back then, it would have been useful in this situation. "The trick is, to pull all the switches up in the same time, by letting your metal fill in any gaps there are. You could also..." he took another hairpin from her hand "...hold some of them up, while you adjust the rest and..." a soft click was heard and the door opened gently aside. "Well now," he stood up looking at her "I doubt you collected any skill, as I did it too fast, but don't despair, I'll show you again when we go on our little picnic - every car is a potential treasure chest. Now I suggest that we take the road through the garrage - I know it's dark, so we'll wait for a while so our eyes adjust to the darkness. There are still some of them lurking around, but if we are not too noisy we'd be able to avoid the bulk, especially since..." he shut up, as the distant sound of thunder got replaced by the not-so-gentle sound of raindrops hitting the open roof. "Have I mentioned... I am incredibly lucky." Klaus spoke slowly, without turning back to look at Weiwei.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.