Zombies Go Boom: First Chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
~"Some people thank god for another day survived. In allot of ways, I feel like we're being punished"~
The string of her crossbow snapped forwards, a bolt of carbon silver striking forth like an exhaled breath of the purest death before it collided with the skull of a zombie, splitting through the bone before slicing through the soft tissue of it's brain. The body crumpled to the floor, twitching as the nerves began to sever from the brain while a pool of coagulated crimson leaked from the protruding break at the back of it's skull. Naomi exhaled a held breath she'd been holding to steady the weapon, her breath catching in the crisp air before the cloud dissipated in the light. She took a few steps forwards before reaching down, placing her foot on the neck of the corpse before pulling the bolt from it's head. For now she'd wrap it in tissue before stowing it in her bag to be cleaned latter. The smell of rotting flesh was not something she wanted to get used to, or to be associated with. After stowing the bolt away she withdrew a bottle of water, taking a sparing sip from it before screwing the lid back on. She still needed to find some place to stay, lest she wonder the streets in the dark and risk the probability of death. Those things seemed to favor the dark and it would be unwise to stay out unless absolutely necessary.​
In the distance she could make out the figures of more zombies, wondering aimlessly about the street and in between the vacant vehicles. She decided to leave them be, deciding it was best not to waste the time and the energy cutting a path through them. Of course it would be possible, but the more she exerted her energy the more she would need to sustain herself, which would obviously take a toll on her resources which were growing scarce as it is. No she would find herself a new path, perhaps through the alley to the next street. With her mind made up she returned her weapon to her back before once again climbing over an abandoned car, taking a look around to make sure she hadn't attracted any unwanted attention before continuing into the short alley. Normally she would be picking through buildings looking for things she could use, and with luck maybe find a place to stay over night. But, if possible she would make her way towards a location which had already been secured, perhaps a place which housed people that attempted to fortify their home. These places existed all over the city, but finding one was the real issue.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
They had looked after Kiara, they stayed as long as they could until they had to evacuate immediately due to the amount coming after them. Elliot and Elia didn't want to leave her, but they had to. If she found them again, they would apologize for leaving her in the first place... If she died, well... Elia had been right. Kiara should have listened to her.

Now the two made it to another safe area, one that they couldn't stay at for long. Elliot peeked through the window, hearing noises of other people until Elia's weepings drew his attention. He approached his beloved sister and knelt down in front of her, gently running his fingers through her messy hair. Elia looked up at him, two streams of tears running down her cheeks. "Почему это всегда для нас Эллиот? Мы фарисеев? Мы сделали что-то задолго невозможно выключить Бога? Почему же мы не наказывать? Поиск на сайте: - хорошая девочка с таким потенциалом для выживания! Теперь мы даже не знаем если она по-прежнему живы! Почему каждый раз, когда мы найти человека, которого мы могли бы быть уверены, что-то случится!?" ((Why does this always to us Elliot? Are we cursed? Have we done something to piss off God? Why are we being punished like this? Kiara is a nice girl with so much potential to survival! Now we don't even know if she's still alive! Why is it that every time we find a person we might be able to trust, something happens!?)) She cried out to him, making him sigh.

Elliot really didn't know. He didn't have an answer for her question. Why this always happened, he didn't know. They two of them always opened up and confided their trust to one person, then something occurred to where that person wasn't around anymore. Betrayal, abandonment, or death. They could only hope that Kiara would come back alive and well. Elia might not be able to take another heartbreak. "Bloom ... Ты сильная ... Вы должны знать, что в мире, как этот поиск лучшие что-то будет невероятно сложно. Поиск на сайте: может и не быть, она может по-прежнему быть вне ..." ((Elia... You're strong... You should know that in a world like this, finding the best of something is going to be incredibly difficult. Kiara might not be dead, she might still be out there...))

He had to tell her something he didn't believe was true for her own sake. Her sanity might be on the line. She may need someone other than him there that wouldn't leave. Elia wouldn't be able to handle it...

Zeds. Too many to count.

Rolf was speechless, simply standing and examining the sheer number of zeds that were everywhere. What was once a horrible view had become even worse, and Rolf struggled to keep his hand gripping his spear. It wasn't because he was scared for his life… but… Olivia, Derek and Asher hadn't been back for ages now. And… that many zeds… were they amidst that horde? Rolf refused to believe it – they'd fight their way through and laugh about it later, right?

R…right?

Nothing happened. No human was visible ahead. Just monsters that mind to nothing but killing; not even a trace of the people who left the house. And to make things worse, the undead were moving this way.

Rolf could barely hear Jason's screams as he stood still, unable to move his body from shock. They'd come from nowhere. If you thought you were starting to do well in this damned apocalypse, it would throw something else at you.

"…No… fucking… way…" Rolf whispered. "…They… can't be gone…" Emptiness balled up inside of Rolf, and a sense of hopelessness began to devour him. Were they all going to die now; was that how it was? Was that all this world was meant to be? Death? Perhaps the idea of this apocalypse was to not try and fight an inevitable death…

However, Rolf knew he needed to get his ass in gear. Now. He had to snap out of whatever he was thinking about; he had to survive for a reason. The others could still be out there – somewhere, but they'd need to find them again at some point. Rolf thought logically about it; would they come back to the house once everything was safe? No – probably not – but they'd leave signs and symbols. Perhaps they should do the same too.

Thoughts buzzing, Rolf snatched his backpack from the floor looked to Jason, as if standing to attention. He never truly realized how Jason felt about Olivia, but it was clear now. Rolf knew what it was like to lose someone... he didn't want Jason, or anybody, to go through that feeling.
"I… I'm with you, Jason, lead the way." Rolf said timidly, before hearing a voice. Was that Asher?

Spinning around, Rolf saw Asher through a window, and Rolf's eyes widened with hope and surprise.
"Asher! Come on, quickly…!" Rolf tried to yell above the screams of the undead, but he knew it was useless. Zombies were everywhere, and there was no way he could push through them all without risking a bite. "We'll find you! Leave signs, okay?!" Rolf yelled out, but the hope left Rolf's eyes as Asher was separated. Would they even escape this house without getting bit? If there was a God, Rolf was praying in his mind to him now, regardless of being an atheist.

"Fuck…!" Rolf choked to himself. He wanted to use the fencing mask; he needed to calm down, he needed to feel comfortable amidst all of this. He needed to move; he wasn't going to be alone again. Clambering atop the rooftops, Rolf looked into the distance amongst the rooftops, listening to Jason's plan with his spear pointing to the skies. The roofs were probably the safest option... better to have a broken ankle than a zombie bite, anyway.

Rolf was silent as he thought about the madness of this all. The air was dirty as always... but Rolf was beginning to get used to the polluted air. He wondered if he was finally beginning to adapt to surviving in this place... but... he'd only managed to kill some zeds here and there... and try to save a bitten man. The one goal... the true goal... was his sister. But for now, Rolf knew finding the others was just the right thing to do.

"W-We're going to find the others." He said with a glint of hope to. "I just saw Asher; they're still out there. We… we just gotta survive… there's got to be more survivors out here, too…"

Hope. Was that the reason Rolf still continued to try and achieve his goal in hell?

Either way… it wasn't going to be easy. He needed to improve his bravery if he even had a chance surviving here. But at least Rolf wasn't alone.

And so they began to traverse across the roofs. Rubble, blood, and the mindless monsters shambling in the streets below them.

There was a long road ahead.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Darlene's face registered no discernible emotion as she observed the area outside the truck. Inside though, she wasn't sure whether she should be sighing with relief, or cringing. On one hand, the woman still seemed unstable to her. She just kept smiling, smiling that stupid smile, and she wasn't okay with that. It didn't seem real, it couldn't be real at a time like this. It reminded her of that goddamned smirk Mason always gave her after he thought he'd said something clever. "As if, the idiot doesn't have an ounce of cleverness in him." It was bad enough she had gone Edmund Kemper crazy on that zombie - now she only seemed more hysterical. She half expected her to suddenly kill them all by slamming the truck into some house.

Still, maybe she was just interpreting the situation wrong? Everyone did deal with things differently; She probably shouldn't have allowed herself to be so troubled by it. You had to be careful nowadays, but being in this truck was better than being stuck out on the streets. They might not have made it out safely if it weren't for this. She didn't want to admit it, since Mason had made the decision, but this might have been the right choice.

"Damn, there's a lot of them." She sighed, tapping her fingers against her seat as she glanced in the direction they had come from. "I'm still not sure about all this, but it sure is nice to have a vehicle."

"Whatta ya know, I'm just always right, aren't I Darry? This is why I'm the one in charge." Mason said, as he leaned forward to grab the steering wheel. "Be careful, would you?" He added, directing his words to the new woman. "It'd be a shame to fall out of your own truck."
He still wasn't entirely sure about this woman, but he preferred to give people the benefit of the doubt. Sure, she'd gone a bit nuts - he imagined his sister had already attached the name of some criminal to her because of it - but that didn't mean a thing in today's world. Anyone who didn't break down from time to time in a place like this was worse than someone who did. Besides, minus that incident and the forced looking smile on her face she seemed like a pretty okay person. Who knew, maybe they'd actually stick together? Having someone besides his brat of a little sister to hang around with would be nice, for a change.

Leaning back in his seat when she was finished getting rid of the zombie, Mason nodded at her introduction. "I'm Mason." He said. "And this little ray of sunshine-"
"I can introduce myself, assface." Darry interrupted. "I'm Darlene. Call me Darry. As for meeting up with your group, just so long as you don't get us killed I don't give a shit. The police station probably would count as a no go."
"What, you aren't eager to visit the home of your kindred spirits?"
"Oh, shut it. I'm eager to stay alive."
"Whatever. Don't mind her. If you think we got a shot going to the pig house, and that's what you want to do, I'm all for it."
"Show a little respect."
"Oh, my bad, if you think we got a shot going to the headquarters of the oh so honorable New York Police Department, then be our guest."

Rolling her eyes at her brother's last remark, Darlene returned her attention to the window. More and more zombies were piling up. If she weren't so busy being angry, she might have been scared. Anger was good for that, that was a lesson she'd learned a long time ago - it helped keep you from sobbing in the corner like a child. "Now, where will we go from here? You know, if those shitheads don't tear us apart."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.