Zombies Go Boom: First Chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regret.

That was the word defining Weiwei's life right about now.

Weiwei regretted making plans to be an exhibitor at New York's Comic Con. The arrangements had been made pre-Outbreak, of course. Carefully and methodically made. She had even arranged to reserve parking on the roof level of a parking garage, so Imladris' solar panels, solar water heater, and mini wind turbine could be put to proper use.

She regretted following through with them instead of turning Imladris around and heading in the general direction of West Virginia or Montana or somewhere else where there would be at least a hundred miles of rednecks with farms and lots of guns between her and the nearest zombie horde. It had seemed like a good, even helpful idea at the time. The people who went to Comic Cons were in a sense, her tribe. Highly creative and intelligent people, many of whom could make awe-inspiring costumes and accessories, people with Maker skills. In addition to selling her own wares, she'd planned to pass out stacks of basic How To Survive Collapse Guides, with concise instructions with web links on how to grow a garden and raise chickens, how to build solar water heaters, solar cookers, DIY wind turbines, and the like: appropriate technology to help people get through the hard times ahead. "Zombie Survival Handbooks" of every sort had existed in profusion before the Outbreak, and were flying off every shelf; Weiwei intended to help with the rest of the how-to-survive questions, like "how are we going to eat once the canned food and Cheese Doodles run out?"

Weiwei regretted still thinking that the "Long Descent" collapse scenario was more likely even after the initial Outbreak. She hadn't really expected the "Fortress America" strategy to do much more than speed the process somewhat, as the "Just In Time" supply chains of the global economy were shredded. Yes, she'd expected that there would be a Z-Day on American shores. She had just thought that some bright spark at the Pentagon, and in pretty much every metropolitan police department would re-invent Roman style phalanx tactics, with something like entrenching tools in place of the gladius, until somebody got around to mass-producing gladii and pikes. Riot police already had the right equipment and training; all that was needed was widespread recruitment of volunteers equipped with improvised shields cut from car door panels and crowbars or hammers or hatchets or sharpened dowels, basic hardware store stuff. Zeds weren't smart; they attacked en masse in predictable ways that the Roman phalanx was ideally suited to counter. Stand in a line, shoulder-to-shoulder and shield-to-shield. Hold your ground. When the Zeds come, bonk! bonk! chop! chop! stab! stab! When you get tired, move back and let the person behind you take your place and bonk! bonk! chop! chop! stab! stab! Until the Zeds stopped coming. Everyone in America knew how to kill a zombie, long before there were ever any zombies to kill. And so, she had thought that Z-Day would be a fairly one-sided contest ending in favor of the most heavily-armed nation on Earth.

Weiwei regretted expecting that what had to be the single most pervasive and thorough (if unintentional) educational campaign in the history of the human species--How To Kill Zombies--would actually work. Had she been a war nerd, she might have anticipated that the American military would make the major mistake great military forces often made, which was to Fight the Last War, instead of the current one. They had machine guns and guided missiles and drone aircraft tanks and fighter jets and aircraft carriers, all oriented around a military doctrine of standoff firepower: blow shit up from a distance, and never get hands dirty or put boots on the ground. Exactly the wrong weapons and tactics to use against zombies.

Weiwei regretted failing to notice that what had to be the single most pervasive and thorough (if unintentional) educational campaign in the history of the human species had worked, just in the wrong way. True, all the zombie movies and books and television series and Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guides had taught people to Go For The Head. What she hadn't noticed was how deeply those movies and books also catered to American Rugged Individualism: they taught people to go it alone or at best in small groups, with lots of guns and cars. None of them ever showed Americans how to join together and defeat the zombies as a civilization. Americans couldn't even agree to have their government collect enough taxes to keep their bridges from falling apart, much less start building some wind turbines and solar panels and a real train system for when the oil started running short. The Roman phalanx, and the degree of cooperation it required, was as alien to Americans as having five eyes and tentacles.

And so, Weiwei regretted being trapped at the top of a parking garage in the middle of New York City. During the initial panic, she had opted to stay put. Imladris would never have won any race for the exits. This upper level had been the least desirable parking in the area, and about a third of the cars that had been present were driven away by their owners. Weiwei had taken down the wind turbine so the movement of its blades wouldn't draw attention, then buttoned herself up in Imladris with the lights and appliances all turned off. A horde had come this far up during the initial surge, but with all the noise and gunfire and movement being everywhere else, they eventually flowed away except for a handful of stragglers. Those, she'd taken out with her sword and pitched over the edge to splat on the ground six stories below. Then she'd parked a couple of the cars nose to tail across the entrance to the roof level. Not an insuperable barrier, but it would probably keep the occasional Zed from wandering up here, as long as all the action was everywhere else.

So far, so good. Now what? Her supplies would not last forever, and there were six levels of Zed-infested darkness between her and the streets.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jargo and Jessica
Pain, Death, Sorrow, those were the only things that came to Jason's mind. How long had he been struggling to survive? a day? a week? a month? it was hard to say. Time is of little importance to you once the world has gone to hell because you realize that any moment could be your last one wrong move and you could end up one of..them..the undead. That's what happened to his parents. He could still see that day clear in his mind like an open door that no matter how many times you closed it a strong wind would just force it back open again. The sound of glass breaking as the Zombies broke through into their hiding spot. The sound of his fathers gun firing once..twice...then no more..a scream from his mom..and then blood..so much blood..everywhere...on the walls oozing across the floors. He managed to kill the last of the Zombies invading their home..but then his worst fear came to life as he saw the lifeless husks that used to be his parents slowly start crawling towards him as fresh blood dribbled past their lips and they gnashed their teeth at him wanting to bite into his flesh and either eat him or turn him into one of them. He remembered as he grabbed his fathers gun from the ground from where he dropped it aiming it at his fathers head and then pulling the trigger and..

Jason snapped back to reality and looked around slowly. He was currently hiding in an abandoned house..well..every house is abandoned now isn't it? He wiped the tears from his eyes and let out a shaky breath. He couldn't stay here much longer. It was only a matter of time before the Zombies found him he needed to get moving. He gave a soft sigh and slowly stood up his legs groaning in protest as he climbed to his feet. He was so sore. He had never been this sore before not even after his harder practices back when the world was still normal. He grabbed his backpack and pulled it on inside he only had a water bottle and a small bag of jerky that was extremely close to empty. He grabbed his dads old Glock and popped the magazine out to check how much was left in it. Still a full clip and he had two more to spare. He slammed the magazine back into place and cocked the gun as he went over his dads instructions again. "now...all that's left is to aim and shoot if I need to..after I turn the safety off that is.."

With that he slowly made his way to the back of the house and left through the back door. He didn't bother shutting the door as he left because he wouldn't be coming back any time soon, and he knew no one else would be coming home either. He looked up at the sky and then ahead again as he stretched his legs and took a few deep breaths. After his stretches he gave a slow sigh and began his slow but steady jog towards town where he hoped he could either find food and other supplies, a place to stay for a while, or maybe even better more people that he could go with to increase his chances of survival.

Last edited:
Weiwei belly-crawled up to the edge of the roof and peeked over the side. A few Zeds milling in the street, but no people that she could see from her present location. She backed up, then rose to her feet and grabbed the last of them. Heaving at the collar and bottom of its jacket, she pulled it toward the edge, careful to avoid the gory ruin of its head, and the bloody smear left behind as she dragged the corpse. Reaching the edge, she strained to heft it up so she could shove it between the lowest two rungs of the guard rail. Once the head and a shoulder was through, she went back and started pushing the semi-stiff, semi-limp form through. Finally, she had enough through that gravity started to help rather than hinder, and then the corpse pulled through, followed shortly by a thump-splat as it hit the ground.

Weiwei let out a sigh of relief and exhaustion, then looked down at her own body and shuddered. She had tried to avoid the 'mess,' but there were still rust-colored stains on her coveralls. I hope they're not ruined. But I need to get a decent water supply before I can start washing clothes. I'll try to clean it up with sanitary wipes. She peeled off a bloodstained latex glove, carefully turning it all the way inside out before she dropped it into a bucket, then picked up a spray bottle of bleach water with her newly unclothed hand. With this, she sprayed down all of the bloodstains, making sure to get complete coverage. I hope this kills the virus. Because, wouldn't it be stupid if I survived all the bites and scratches, then got Turned because I touched some spot of blood somehow and scratched my eye or something? Just as fastidiously, she picked and wormed her way out of her coveralls, using the gloved hand to touch anything with blood on it, the free hand when she didn't want to get blood on something, from the glove. Finally freed of both, she got a fresh pair of gloves and the sanitary wipes, then used them to clean up the coveralls as well as she could. They were among the more mundane-looking of her clothing items. Standard work coveralls she wore when using power tools, etching compounds, or anything else that called for protective gear. She'd Steampunked them a bit by adding some D-rings, tool sleeves, and leather patches (the last to cover the printed brand names; she'd already bought the product, she didn't need it advertized to her anymore), but otherwise they looked fairly ordinary. Weiwei frowned. They would still require a proper washing. She laid them out flat in the sun and weighted them down. Who knew if sunlight would kill virus on any spots she missed or not? It couldn't hurt to try.

From the area around her came the sound of distant gunshots, and the louder noises of military war machines. And sometimes, a scream. Alright then, what now? The roads are probably gridlocked for miles, unless the military or the police bulldozed cars out of the way so they could get tanks and trucks in. They'd have a cordon around the city though, wouldn't they? And they'll be in a shoot first frame of mind, even if I could get that far. So, 'collapse in place?' That was a suggested approach from John Michael Greer, one of the collapse-oriented bloggers she followed...had followed? The idea being, that unless you were in a place that was utterly doomed without fossil fuels and a working national economy, like Phoenix or Las Vegas, then it was better to get started on making adaptations right where you were instead of putting practical actoin off for pipe dreams of moving to some other, perfect place. Yeah, but he's the guy that had me thinking things wouldn't go down like this, she thought, feeling another stab of regret. I should have at least planned for a Zombie Apocalypse, once there were zombies! I should be pulling Imladris up in front of his house in Cumberland right now! She sighed again. Alright, it's not fair to blame him. Nobody actually expected zombies. But I still wish I was pulling up at his place in Cumberland right now...

So, I can either start trying to make things work here, or see if I can get out. Well, I probably can't get out of the city, at least not with Imladris. Are there better places that I can get to? Belvedere Castle could be a good place. It's got access to water and arable land, and it's almost an actual castle. If I could get to Central Park from here. Except, there'd have been tourists there, and if it's not full of Zeds, it's probably already under siege. Maybe it'd be a good place to go in the long term, but not now. So, 'collapse in place' it is. If I could get some potting soil and just plain dirt up here, and some boards, I could build some raised bed gardens. Can't get live chickens I bet, but maybe pigeons? Build a coop, catch some somehow, clip their wings? Are they even healthy to eat? Cross that bridge when I get to it.

Should I deploy Imladris so that I can get the water catchment system set up? Weiwei looked up at the clear sky. Better not, not until I've got this place completely secure, maybe even found some more people to help me defend it. I don't know if I could even get Imladris out of here, but best to stay mobile at least in theory, right? Clear this place, and secure it if I can. Does it have a portcullis at the entrance, or just tire-stoppers and the automatic gate arm? Weiwei couldn't recall. Even if it does, how do I get it down without the power grid? Take out a car battery, cut into a power conduit leading to the motors? No, the motors would be AC. Could I hook the wires to a car alternator? Would it even make the right sort of AC? She couldn't recall if car alternators even produced the same frequency of alternating current as the power grid. A portable generator would, so maybe I should get one of those? Or just find some way to pull the portcullis down by hand, if there even is a portcullis, and if Zeds couldn't just climb through the sides on the first level. She remembered seeing sunlight and foliage from between the first and second levels of the garage, but could not recall at the moment if the concrete walls that kept anyone from just driving in without going through the entrance kiosk were high enough to keep Zeds from climbing over.

I'm still getting ahead of myself. I need to--

Suddenly, it hit her. The sounds of gunfire were gradually becoming less frequent. Like popcorn, as it started getting down to the last few kernels. Those are people, and they're dying. She choked up, and tears welled in her eyes. Images of people--men, women, terrified children--being rent and torn and eaten and Turned flashed in her mind. While I sit here safe on high and make my careful plans! What can I do? The temptation to just grab her sword and charge down to the street swinging cold steel was fierce, but her rational mind checked her. How long would I last? If professional soldiers and cops with guns aren't winning...but I've still got to get down there. Maybe I can find somebody. Get them here, to safety. Get food, bottled water. Seeds for the garden, maybe weapons and something I can make armor out of. Is there stuff I can make something useful out of up here already? she thought, then grimly started taking inventory in her mind.

Nothing was the same. Nothing will Ever be the same again. The world has changed to 360 degrees and quite frankly, Olivia has not much hope for any rescuers to come for them offering the opportunity to get the fuck out of the town.

However, meeting with these new people perhaps was not the best idea in the world, as obviously she could not trust them 100%. Hell. She could not trust even herself in same situations.
I really wish right now that none of these people would stab my back while I am not looking. I know very well that I have to be cautious. I cannot leave my guard down. Not now, not anytime soon..

Olivia took another deep breath, while her feet continued to make her body to move along the others down the streets. The image itself was not very pleasant, as everything surrounding her was a sight coming out of an apocalyptic script, still not being able to fully comprehend how this shit even has happened. Still, deep down, she knew this day would come, but even so, Olivia thought that she was not fully prepared for such an calamity.
Such a shame. The world she once knew is long gone. It will never come back to normal. She had seen it with her very own eyes. Olivia had doubts that people will overcome this, find a cure and then everything will go back to normal.

Therefore, her body moved slowly, but certain alongside the wall of an toy shop, as they tried to make their way through the city. Only if that would be so easy.
Suddenly, just from around the corner, to the left two undead's made a growl noise and soon lunching towards Olivia. The undead woman had an arm missing, but the blood covered most of her body, along with her half cut jaw. Those eyes.. We're empty. For a moment, Olivia could see the emptiness in those once normal eyes, as now they were undead- living just to feed on the flesh of the still Alive ones.

" Two walkers to the left! " she managed to say before the undead man with his intensities dangling around him, had reached Olvia. Right in time she managed somehow to put her crossbow at his jaw, trying to push him backwards. His growls grew even louder, while his bloody hands tried desperately to pull Olvia's hand. Then, the undead woman lunched herself at Olivia to, as luckily her left foot kicked her to the side, sending her rotten body to the cold ground.

" A Little help here ! guys ?! I don't want to have all the fun by myself !" Olivia said to the others, continuing to hold back the undead man as much as possible. Her pulse had risen at a higher level, now at such a closer range with the undead. She could feel her palms sweating already, trying to keep herself calm.

" oh you Piece of shit!! " her whispering came almost in huffs along with her heavier breathing, just as her hands pushed harder the Walker.

Decisions .

Reactions: Andy
Jason had slowly but surely made his way to what was once New York City. More like New York Zombie or Zero now. Everywhere he looked he saw nothing but death and carnage on an unimaginable scale. Well..actually it was imaginable now that this was their reality but before all of this happened he wouldn't have expected to see something like this unless it had come out of a movie or a video game. So far he hadn't come across any of them which was a really good thing it meant that he didn't have to worry about wasting ammo or getting eaten..yet. He also considered it a bad thing because he had used to watch Zombie movies all the time and he knew that normally when it was clear like this there was always that one unlucky turn the survivors would make and they would run right into a large horde of the flesh eating bastards. He prayed that luck would continue to be on his side.

As he made his way down one of the empty streets he could hear the sounds of the groans and snarls coming from a large horde of the flesh eaters. He paused and debated turning around to find another way when he saw a group of people rush past an alley. His heart leaped into his throat as he started debating whether to go over and try to join them. He could see one of three things happening. One he was mistaken and they're actually dead and he could walk to his own death, two they are alive and they let him join their group and they work together to survive, or three..they're a group of scavengers who don't care who they kill and are only in it for themselves and once he makes himself known they pop a bullet in his skull anyways.

He then heard someone shout about walkers and the sounds of a struggle. Cursing he knew he'd never forgive himself if he let someone die and he didn't at least try to save them. Going against his better judgement he ran after the group down the street he saw them past. Turning a corner he nearly tripped over one of the walkers that was kicked to the ground. He paled for a moment as the undead woman turned its gaze towards him and started its slow crawl towards him blood dripping from her jaw. He knew noise attracted the zombies but at the moment he didn't have a choice. He quickly pulled out his dads old Glock and in one quick movement snapped the safety off and fired one shot. at this close of a range he knew he wouldn't miss the bullet flew straight at its target and in splatter of blood and brains the female zombie fell to the ground dead for good this time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
The raven haired male and his sister were stuck within this God forsaken store with some psychopath wandering around with their bags and weapons. That bastard had taken everything from them! And he was sure to come back and finish off who were "responsible" for this epidemic. The man was obviously a lunatic, and anyone who was smart enough about people and their tendencies would know that that man was as trusting as Elia was a bitch... His sister was a sweetheart, mind you. When Elliot got his hands on him that bastard was going to pay! He had already deceived Elia's trust and knocked him unconscious; what more could he want from them?

What was worse... Elia probably still hasn't learned her lesson.

"Заключается в том, что мужчина вернуться?" (Is that man coming back?) Elliot heard his little sister ask from behind him, earning a sigh.

"Я не знаю и надеюсь, нет. Если он это сделает, он обязательно делать плохие вещи." (I don't know and I hope not. If he does, he is sure to do bad things.) Elliot said in response, trying to wiggle his way out of the ropes, but that bastard really got them good. Escape would be easy if they could just get the Hell out of these damn ropes! But before the two of them knew it, the man returned with their bags and more weapons. His yellow teeth smirked at the two of them, obvious that he was a smoker with no regards to pay a visit to the dentist.

"So.. What's your plan now, little Commies? How are you going to wipe out the rest of civilization?" He asked, dropping their stuff to the ground with no care if he broke something.

"We are not Communists! We came from home to vacation!" Elia tried to explain to the man, though had to try and recoil when the man spat a thick wad of spit at her face.

"How about you speak some fucking proper English before visiting America, Soviet trash!" The man exclaimed, sitting down near them and deciding to go through their belongings in front of them. Food by food, product by product he pulled out. Elliot already seething that this man dare speak to them in such a way, and spit on his sister nonetheless. Elia was confused as to why this man was treating them in such a way, when their species was running on the brink of extinction. Shouldn't they just put their differences aside, instead of pushing one another why? The Russian girl could still feel the wad of disgusting spit slide down her temple to her cheek, and all she could do was ask why. This wasn't the Russians fault; Their country was just as confused about the pandemic and were concluding that the virus was coming from America. Why were they being punished for something they didn't do?

Spencer hadn't spoken a word since the strange man burst into the store. It was all too much for her. She had already been nervous around just the one girl, and became increasingly so as more people were added to the group. Too overwhelmed to do much of anything, she had simply followed the others like a lost puppy. But maybe overwhelmed wasn't the right word for it. No, she wasn't overwhelmed, she was scared. It was almost strange to think. The world had become so bad she was starting to doubt it was even possible to be scared. Of course, everyone was anxious anymore, but this was different. This feeling of fear was so intense she couldn't find a word strong enough to describe it. She wasn't sure there was one; At least, not in English.

The constant threat of the infected was a horrifying prospect, but the threat of the living was worse. To be killed by one of the undead would be painful, gruesome, and terrifying; But to be killed by a living breathing human being... well, that would be too terrible to understand. People were so much more terrifying than anything else the world could dish out. They had proved it time and time again. Rape, murder, torture, war... they were commonplace things in the past. Why, every time you turned on the TV you heard a story about some new horror performed by a member of the human race; And that was before the world went to hell. What would it be like now, when mercy, providence, justice, grace, and everything else honest people had relied on seemed to be gone? How could you trust anyone in a world so void of humanity?

Glancing around, it was all Spencer could do to hold back a shudder at the thought of what any one of these people could do to her. To be killed by a living person... not only did it have the potential to be much more drawn out and twisted... but... the mere idea of being betrayed... by... by another survivor... it was too much. The infected didn't know any better. They were just shells of what they used to be, killing machines. She could kill a zombie, but she couldn't kill one of the living. One look at them and it would be too much for her. As hard as she tried, she'd never be able to do it. She would die, and they would live, because she was weak. She was weak and pathetic. She was too human for her own good.

For all these reasons, she didn't open her mouth. If she were to utter even one word, she knew her fear would be visible to the others; they would know her confidence was fake; they would know she was a fake. Instead, she simply steeled herself to what was going on around her. She kept her face blank, with the only reaction she gave to Olivia's plea for help being that of her tightening her grip on her bat. Someone else beat her to it though, when she saw a bullet fly through the air and hit the zombie.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Rolf didn't know why he was following this group. Whilst he cared that other survivors existed... he just wanted to find Jaina. To hold her, to hear her say: "Brother! You're alive! I've missed you so much!" But no. Who was he kidding? He hadn't seen Jaina since the apocalypse started, and he never would. The days of searching never ended. The days of barely scraping through to the next day never ended. Rolf had considered suicide more than once - ended it all just seemed so peaceful. But the small glint of hope that his sister was out there, somewhere, waiting for him - kept him going.

Rolf exhaled a deep breath, tightening the metal wire of his fencing mask around his head, shrouding his face from the others and looking around warily. The streets looked as dead as ever, and a somewhat grey gloom settled through the city. He barely knew any of the group... but they seemed to be an interesting bunch. Time passed as they walked, and Rolf followed the lead of the girl with a crossbow, against the wall of a toy shop. What little toys were inside the shattered windows were broken and coated with dust. Rolf looked at the floor blankly for a moment, then suddenly tilted his head up with surprise and tightly gripped his spear as he heard the growling of walkers. Two to the left, apparently - and there they were. Getting up in a ready stance, Rolf's mind became calm and focused as if he were attending a fencing match.

"Okay. Let's-" He began, but flinched in surprise as a walker, once an oridinary male, now a mindless killer with his guts hanging out, managed to catch up to the girl with the crossbow, and at the same time she managed to kick away another female zombie. However, the female zombie soon got up again, and they were closing in on her. Next to the girl with the bat, who looked like she also had the mind of saving the girl with the crossbow, Rolf began to run forward with his spear aloft, his face emotionless behind his mask. He could forget everything. In a situation like this, he could forget it all - even for just a few moments - and it was a massive relief.

Rolf then stopped a little to see the female zombie had already been shot, but that didn't matter to him. Time seemed to slow down, and all Rolf's mind could think was: 'Switch Targets'. Hopping over the dead female zombie and sidestepping to side of the male zombie grabbing the girl with the crossbow, Rolf flourished his wooden spear, and with one straight thrust, jammed it through the side of the zombie's head, sending a spray of blood up his spear, and across his arm. Rolf was sure not to hit the girl with a crossbow, and his movements were skilled and precise.

Yanking the wooden spear back out, Rolf turned around, locating the source of the gunshot. A man, armed with a gun. The gunshot could have attracted zombies for miles... they needed to move, bu-

As Rolf stepped back from the male zombie he'd slain, his foot snagged against a stray piece of rubble, and he fell flat on his back; the impact caused his fencing mask to slide cleanly off his face. Confused and disorientated, Rolf staggered back, instantly losing his cool and expressionless face, and his mouth quivered nervously. Losing all his confidence without the cover of his fencing mask, Rolf instantly forgotten the fact he had killed a walker, and the sight of the man who had killed the female walker's Glock sent Rolf into a blind panic, and Rolf surrendered his spear aside whilst on his back, his confusion making him think the new man was trying to kill him.

"D...don't shoot! Please - I - we're not bandits...!" Rolf stammered whilst on the floor, holding up his wildly shaking hands.
"J-Just... don't... shoot..."

"You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

You can be the hero
You can get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke"

Klaus smiled at the last part of the song, as hefinally took off his earphones. "Öh well, I certainly did break all the records, didn't I?" his blunt and ludicrously offensive self-ironical thought almost made him chuckle. Several hours had passed since the last car had driven out of the parking lot and the last... zombie?!... had banged it's ridiculously misshapen American forehead against the door of the Suzuki Jeep that he had commandeered when it all started. The original owners never came to look for it, so it wasn't technically stealing, he though whilst taking the tickets out of his pocket. What was he supposed to call the byproducts of the virus anyhow? The geeks of the world would call them zombies, at the lab they were referred to as "patients" so that no one in the common facility dining room would get what they were talking about. To him they were only that - byproducts, but if they were going to stick around he had to come up with a creative name for them. Average humans? Or better yet - Americans 2.0 - the stream of offensive names didn't cease as he was going through the contents of the Suzuki owner's handbag which was left at the front seat of the vehicle. Cash, documents, a knife, some papers - nothing he would really be able to use. The knife was small and rather dull - Klaus though that if he were to try cutting someone's throat with it, he would more likely be tormenting the man. Nevertheless he did put it in his boot, just in case, not against Americans 2.0 - if you were to get into a close-range fight with those anything less than a machete or a frigging sword would be useless, but rather against regular such people - one never knew when stabbing someone in the eye after they've taken your gun could save one's life.

Being rather happy with his incredible deductive power, Klaus opened the door of the car, cursing the Japanese manufacturers for the clicking sound it made when opening that was enough to alert, but not draw any "patient" lingering nearby. He left the door semi- closed and went for a stroll in the dark. "Okay, which fucking moron had the ingenious idea to destroy the lights?!" he though angrily, getting even more infuriated as his rational side suggested that the average people may have though that the... zombies... couldn't see in the dark. He stood in the pick blackness, not moving, for a while until his eyes would start adjusting to the darkness - he was so lucky to have gotten contacts he wouldn't have to worry about his glasses if he had to run somewhere. As he heard the occasional gunfire or screams reaching him from the outside, he wondered how were the ordinary people handling the situation and if there would be any survivors when he walked out of the car parking. Probably, but they would most likely shoot him on sight, were they to spot him. And he did look quite ridiculous - a suit (admittedly not a very formal one, but a suit nevertheless) with a dark shirt underneath the collar, camping boots, that he had found in the Suzuki and which were quite an upgrade over his much better looking but less suitable for running, shoes and a messed up hair, with dark circles under his eyes to top it all.

As he began to make figures in the dark and could spot any movements, he began cooking up a plan. Obviously, he had to somehow get in contact with his siblings in Europe, who have most likely survived, since the family mansion was located on a not very big island off the coast of Norway, which came off cheap to buy off, since it was in the part of the country where you would get six month long nights. They would undoubtedly send some sort of a boat to pick him up, but it would be nice if he could do it himself, then it wouldn't be rubbed in his face that he was saved.

But first things had to come first - he had to get the hell out of this parking lot and he was stuck on the fifth floor. He could spot some movements far away to the ramp going downstairs and he wasn't too anxious to move that way, despite having his handgun with a silencer in front, ready in hand. He concluded that it would be a much better strategy to first climb to the top and scout the area, think of which path to take after he has gotten out and in the same time wait out for more zombies to flow out of the building in search of meat... f that was what they were searching for anyway.

That though in mind and his gun in hand, Klaus slowly moved the upward ramp, without encountering any enemies. His first trouble were two cars, parked at the entrance of the floor. "Those smart-asses were so clever they probably hit each other, while both trying to drive out of the safest possible place they could be..." - he though condescendingly, while testing the locks, to find all the doors rightly shut. "Just my luck" - he murmured, whilst putting his gun on his belt at the back, in order to climb the trunk of one of vehicles. He did try to make as little sound as he could, but the car proved to be much higher than he'd initially calculated, causing his new boots to hit the floor, making a rather loud sound. If there were zombies at that upper ward, they' were surely aware of him now.

Last edited:
Weiwei hefted her improvised riot shield. It was a simple construction made from the rear window of a car, straps from seat belts, and a few nuts, bolts and washers. Each strap was held on with eight bolts, four for each end. She'd measured and marked and drilled the holes through the window, cutting openings in the straps to match. Then, inserted the bolts through the straps and the window, with washers on each end, then screwed bolts on the outside to hold it all together. She'd used her longest bolts so that the threaded ends would protrude from the outside, offering to add a bit of unpleasantness to a shield-bash.

She gave a little frown. It was a bit heavy, but she figured she could deal with that. The thing was, it looked...post-apocalyptic. Salvaged. A spiderweb of cracks radiated from one of the holes, since she'd had to finish that one by hammering her biggest leather punch through it when her cordless drill ran out of juice. With just one set of Imladris' solar panels facing south to collect sunlight, it could be awhile before she could charge the drill again. Seeing that reminder, Weiwei kicked herself again for not scoring a set of old-school hand-powered drills and maybe a grinder back when Ebay was still a thing. I'll have to start looking through antique stores when I get the chance. Whatever its faults though, the shield hadn't taken long to make, which might make the difference when it came to finding and saving a life.

She practiced with it a bit, trying a few thrusts and zornhau strikes while covering herself with the shield. As someone who spent a lot of time at Renaissance Fairs, Weiwei had a number of friends who traveled the same circuits and were enthusiasts of the historical European martial arts. She'd availed herself of the opportunity to learn, and she also had books explaining Renaissance-era treatises on the art of the longsword by Sigmund Ringeck and the Italian masters Fiore dei Liberi and Filippo Vadi. She was not a master fencer by any means, but against zombies, she didn't expect she would have to be. They didn't carry swords. Her own blade was a bit less nimble, her strikes less powerful one-handed, but she decided that the coverage the shield provided would be worth it as a counter to their numbers.

Well...here goes, Weiwei thought. She sheathed her sword long enough to turn on the mini LED work lights installed on her goggles. Whereas most Steampunk goggles were merely costume items, Weiwei had crafted hers for actual use, cutting shatterproof lenses out of an ordinary set of safety goggles and inserting them into housings of brass and leather. Likewise for the painting filter mask she also wore. Any Steampunk would agree, one of the main appeals of the subculture was that it hearkened back to a time when tools and technology were not merely functional, they were also works of art. Things worth having and keeping and passing down to children and grandchildren. So why not do it for real?

She had two ways she could go down: through the garage, or through the stairwell next to the elevator. The elevator itself was not an option. Even if the power grid was still operational, how dependable could it be? After a moment's contemplation, Weiwei chose the stairwell. The garage was wide open, and offered too many hiding places for zeds to come at her from. With the stairwell, she could use one wall to cover her right flank, and the shield to cover her left. Cautiously, she approached the metal door and put an ear against it to listen. No horde waiting to Zerg rush her the moment she opened it, as far as she could tell. Wait. She ran back to Imladris and grabbed a book, a doorstop novel about the Knights Templar called Order in Chaos by Jack White. She listened to the door again, then cracked it open, then slipped inside. She closed the door on the book so that it wouldn't latch. That way, she could back up the stairwell and out in a pinch, without having to fumble for a door handle in the dark.

Somewhere in the inky depths below, there were zeds. She could hear their grunts and growls, the shuffles and scrapes of their movements echoing up from below. Weiwei waited for her eyes to adjust, then carefully started making her way down, step by step. How am I going to clear their bodies out of here? If there's only a few of them, I could lure them back up to the top and out, then deal with them like I did the others. Or if there's too many, I could push them into piles, then douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. Or maybe I could get a supply of lye or a whole lot of Drain-O. And antibiotics, lots and lots of an-- Rounding a corner on a landing, the feeble glow of her work lights caught a glimmer of eyeshine. The zed snarled and rushed her. With the flat of her blade braced against the side of her shield for stability, she slid it forward in a thrust. Her aim was imperfect, and the tip only managed to gouge out a cut through the dessicated skin of its forehead, skull being rather harder to penetrate in real life than in zombie movies. She took a step back as its flailing hands hit her shield, pulling her arm back and thrusting again. This time, her blade went through the eye socket with a sickening squish-crunch. She jerked the hilt of her blade sideways to stir the brains a bit, just to be sure. Pushing with blade and shield, she sent the twitching, crumpling zombie tumbling down the next flight of stairs.

She could hear the others stir though, shambling and growling, coming closer. Stand my ground. Hold this landing, and they'll have to climb up to me. She stepped up to the front edge, sword poised for the thrust. They came around the corner like a single mass of arms and claw-like hands and gleaming eyes and gnashing teeth and stench of decay. Lacking the dexterity to climb stairs properly, they lurched and staggered, kept from falling by the press of each other's bodies. Using the edge of her shield like a vertical gun sight, Weiwei lined up an eye socket and thrust down. Squish-cruch, twist the blade, pull back, line up new target, thrust again. Slashing, flailing hands clattered against her shield. She combined her next thrust with a shield-bash, her body weight behind it to drive them back, but it only bought her the briefest of respites.

Their hisses and growls echoed in the darkness, drawing whatever reinforcements they might have waiting further down in the stairwell's inky depths. Weiwei thrust again, but now fingers were wrapping around the lip of her shield, grasping and pulling back, as if to say mine! A sliding scrape to her left; one of them had made the landing, and was threatening an end run around her defense. It was more like the motion of a fluid made of jerking-twitching flesh and bones and once-stylish clothes than any considered tactic, but the effect was the same. Weiwei shifted her sword so she could grab the pommel with her shield hand then struck at it with an overhead zornhau strike, bashing its skull once, then again to bring it down, but more were shambling up the stairs to flow into its place.

Tugging against the shield, Weiwei tried to give ground. Then: a vice-like grip seized her right ankle. Heart pounding, she looked down to see a crawler--torso and arms with ragged lower end and trailing entrails glinting wetly, a once-pretty face lunging at her leg with a wide, hungry gape. Weiwei brought her shield down to bash the head with the bottom edge, then, in closer, to block the bite. More hands gripping the shield now, more zeds pooling in the corner of the lobby; entangled with each other for the moment, but in seconds they'd spread out enough to surge. Weiwei tried to pull back and give ground, but the shield was held fast in greedy hands, her right ankle pinned in a tenacious grip. She could feel the crawler starting to gnaw on the toe of her boot...

Letting out a pinched scream, she let go of the shield and started struggling to pull her arm out of the straps, stabbing and flailing with her sword. Finally she was free, and the zombies pulling on it lost a bit of ground as her resistance suddenly disappeared. She turned her sword in her hands to aim the blade downward, then stabbed down into the crawler's head while she kicked to free her foot from its grip. Loose at last, she staggered backward as the others on the landing came at her, arms reaching, reaching for any little piece of her sweet, sweet flesh.

Zornhau, zornhau, zornhau! Screaming with rage and fear, she cut down at their skulls and necks with vicious overhead slashes as she backpedaled. A stair caught her left heel and she fell back. Her shield was lost now, buried under corpses and still-squirming undead. Tumbling over the fallen, more zombies came at her, teeth snapping in audible clicks, anticipating the moment when they'd start rending and tearing and spraying her lifeblood in crimson arcs. Weiwei grabbed the middle of her blade with her left hand, pinching it between her fingers and palm, a historical technique called half-swording. Used primarily against armored opponents, it allowed for more precise steering of the point for the thrust, to aim at joints in the armor. Weiwei used it to lunge at the eye-sockets of the zombies coming at her while she scrambled to push herself up the stairs.

At last, she was able to squirm out from under the pile of twitching corpses she made, get to her feet, and run to the top of the stairs. She shoulder-bashed the door open, kicked the book with a foot, then whirled and slammed the door behind her, leaning against it as she gasped for breath, shuddering.

Footfalls. From her right...the garage. A quick tug with one hand to make sure that the door behind her was secure in case there were any more zeds, then she took a two-handed grip on her sword and ran for her car barricade. If there was another horde there, her best chance was to keep them from getting past in force. Blood-slicked blade held high, she charged around the corner growling a battle cry between gritted teeth.

She was a fraction of a second from a lunge-and-cleave when she skidded to a stop instead. It--no, he, was standing upright and balanced, healthy skin tone. A man. A real, live, living human being.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jakers and Jargo
Klaus heard the deafening sound of a large metal door smashing against its barns, as well as sounds as from an intense fighting. He knew his rather clumsy entrance to the scene was not the best tactical maneuver, but bring a whole horde, come on - even with his current luck that was highly unrealistic. Nevertheless, from the darker corner where the door got slammed came quick footsteps, as if someone was running towards him. "This fast?! Don't they need time to react?" he though to himself as he was struggling to grab his gun that had fallen on one of the cars. Just as he had taken it, he became conscious of the fact that what came at him was... actually a person. A young woman of Asian descend, to be more precise. She was dressed as a circus clown and was holding the poorest excuse of a sword he had ever seen in his life, and there was a collection at their house!

Regardless of that, it was a real human, otherwise he'd probably be bitten already. Thankfully the woman ceased her assault seconds before cutting him with that ridiculous looking blade. "If I didn't know any better I'd say my luck is working for the first time today." he thought to himself while exploring the woman's surprised facial expression. She surely was cute, however those goggles were more suited for a child's birthday party than anything else and how they have found their way on her head was complete mystery. "I mean who even produces those sort of things, anyhow?!" he puzzled himself.

That, however, would have to wait, as he realized his... or more like her fatal mistake. The woman had apparently attempted to run away from the stairwell - probably being a cowardly idiot who was too scared to take the garage which, while being more capacious and pitch-black dark for the most part, certainly had only a fer zombies in it, since everyone in their cars had gotten out and the few unlucky bastards that got their asses mortified had also run out, in search of their next "meal". Anyhow, after the Asian had attempted to break free from the zombie-infested stairwell, most likely kicking and creaming by the way she looked, she had drawn them all towards the upper ward. "My luck is still on vacation, I was foolish to even believe otherwise" he though to himself as he struggled to hold his anger, coldly assessing the situation. The girl was most likely bitten, so he'd have to dispose of her at some point, but as far as he knew "Yeah, is my knowledge accurate at all now?!" it would take a few hours for the virus to take effect and by then he would begin to spot the signs. For now he could collaborate with her... but was that even a wise idea?! The girl had proven herself totally incapable of making basic deductions, even if her life depended on it... and then again with only that sword she had managed to get out of the stairwell alive, so she wasn't utterly useless. Plus she was apparently smart enough to wait out for the majority of the zombies to clear out. And as cold as Klaus was, he couldn't bring himself to just shoot another human being without as much as a reason or provocation - especially since that human being had refrained from hurting him in the first place.

So... for now they would have to work together. The stairwell was no longer an option... bullshit it had never been an option in the first place, but was now a liability. That door would burst open soon, so they would have to get out of here as fast as possible. Nevertheless, he could not underestimate the psychological implication the current situation must have imposed on that woman. And starting a good relationship would be more beneficial to both of them, then if he was to just tell her to move with him and keep her guard up.

"Well, thank you for not cutting me there" - he said in a relaxed, flat voice - "My name is Nicklaus Mikaleson... but please, call me Klaus. May I ask about yours?" As he began talking, looking into the woman's eyes (as far as those retarded goggles were letting him) he was surprised to feel his initial anger and annoyance lifting, so much that he actually extended his right hand in a gentlemen-like manner.

• Love
Reactions: Jakers
Things seemed calm, the streets seemed empty, and the only sound heard, was the boots and shoes hitting the pavement. He wondered how everything went to shit so fast, how come these things now overrun all civilizations. sure the were great in numbers, but shouldn't a couple guns be able to put them down for good... He tried not to think to hard on everything as it just showed him how much of a bad situation they were in.

It almost distracted him from the immediate attack from some zoms, the fencer killed most, and the last was shot by with a gun, and Rolf....just dropped his weapon and coward "OH pull yourself together man, how do you expect to live like that" he said, his assault rifle aimed at the newcomer. Surprisingly calm he raised the question everyone now wondered "friendly?" he asked the glock holding man.​

"Thank you for not being a horde of biters," Weiwei replied, lowering her sword to the "Whole Iron Door" guard. "I'm Weiwei Xian. It's good to meet you, Klaus." She glanced at his hand. "Sorry, I was just engaged with a pack of those things. I'd prefer to do a biohazard check and make sure my hands are sanitized before I touch anyone." That's when she noticed his gun. Who carries a gun with a silencer? Not the concealed-carry types, or off-duty cops. A Mafioso, or some kind of spec-ops guy? The last, she ruled out. A spec-ops soldier would probably be rigged up in full black Kevlar federal alphabet ninja togs under the circumstances, rather than a sharp suit and...borrowed footwear. Maybe he just found it...no, it looks too good in his hand. He held it with a secure, practiced grip, obviously not unused to the extra weight the silencer added to the barrel. A definite creepy-factor there. With his accent and poise, he seemed like the slick mastermind rather than the brutish muscle. If he was some kind of criminal, rather than a spy or assassin. He was being friendly enough, for now at least. Even so, Weiwei still felt less than comfortable with the idea of backing out of sword reach, where his gun would give him a decisive advantage if he decided to get nasty.

She checked the pommel of her sword (free of blood spatter), then used it to push her goggles up onto her forehead, and her filter mask down to hang around her neck, so he could see her face. "You're in luck, seeing as you've just met someone who might be the last person in the universe who knows how to make peach mead. We can bust out a bottle if you like, once we get things settled. Delicious stuff, if I do say so myself." That was another bit of collapse-survival advice from Greer. Know how to brew something alcoholic, and keep some on hand. And, if a war-band of the sort that tends to run rampant during the fall of a civilization shows up, welcome them, and share. The idea being, that even the most vicious barbarians might be inclined to keep a friendly brewmaster alive in dark times. She had three bottles from her last small batch, and no idea where she would be getting new ingredients from, but that was a bridge to cross when she got to it. "You came up through the garage? Is it clear of zeds to the street?"

Jason watched the guy wielding the makeshift stick spear go into a combat like trance and charge at the zombie and in one quick thrust shove his spear through and brain the bastard and make the undead dead once again. He would have fired at the zombie that had been attacking the girl but he was too concerned about the distance. it was true they weren't exactly that far apart but he was nervous about accidentally hitting the girl and sending her to an early grave because after killing that first zombie his hands had started shaking terribly as he tried not to flash back to when his parents turned. He shook his head and sighed that's when he heard the stick drop and the guy holding it fall to the ground and plead for his life.

To Jason if they weren't in their current situation it would have been almost comical but given what had happened, and what was going on around him he couldn't blame the guy for being the way he was. He was honestly surprised he didn't also turn out exactly like that..although..he might as well be just like him if not worse whenever he slips into one of his states of shock from remembering his parents. He then heard the one guy simply say "Friendly?" and turned to stare down the barrel of his gun. He paled instantly and swallowed hard.

He slowly put the safety back on and slipped the gun into his back pocket before holding up his hands to show he meant no harm "..Friendly..I have no intention of harming any of you..besides..even if I did I'm not stupid I'd be dead before I knew it.." He turned to the guy on the ground and offered him a hand to pull him to his feet "..I understand introductions are in order but we can't stay here..we all know that noise attracts those bastards and that gun shot will be bringing those things from everywhere we need to move and fast before we get cut off from any escape routes..once we're out of here you can interrogate me all you want."

Last edited:
Rolf looked up and the hand, and shakily took it and pulled himself to his feet, wiping back his brush of sandy blond hair and clearing his throat, embarrassed of falling over and making a fool of himself. He'd killed a zed, but at the end of the day, when Rolf lost his cool - he was just a coward. It was just... guns... Rolf hated seeing them. The tools that had killed his mother and father.

But the man with the assault rifle was right. He needed to pull himself together. He needed to build his confidence when he wasn't shrouded by the fencing mask's disguise.

"Uh... thanks..." Rolf muttered embarassedly to the man who helped him up, thankful that he was friendly. He was also right; the gunshot would have attracted zeds for miles around. Keeping quiet and hoping not many people saw his blunder, Rolf stooped over and wielded his makeshift spear once more, and stored his fencing mask away in his backpack for now.

Rolf was quiet for a few seconds, looking over the fairly large group and looking for a place to move on. But there was nothing but the usual ruined cityscape... if they needed anything, it was a large vehicle to move about in - like a truck or a bus, or maybe even an RV. But that was beyond finding a needle in a haystack - more like finding a needle in hundreds of hay bales.

Remembering that he'd quickly killed the zombie attacking the girl with a crossbow, Rolf looked around him somewhat self-consciously before asking the girl:
"Um... are you alright? You didn't get bit or anything... r... right?" He asked quietly, whilst preparing to quickly move on.

• Love
"Fuck...why out of all the times this happens now?" was the only thing running through lochies mind these past couple minutes, his computer, his trusty three thousand dollar computer thick as a brick and fast as a rabbit decided to be a prick today and freeze right in the middle of him creating his most recent project, it was only a bridge yet it was the final month in his course and he needed this to survive the coming years...or so he thought. With three more loud bangs on the top of his tower he yelled "C'mon you fucker!" before finally it smoked and zapped away shutting down entirely. Five years of effort and saving to buy a state of the art PC gone like that.

Seeing the smoke he sighed in utter annoyance from this damned machine, 4 weeks in his apartment doing everything he can to stay active for the smalled shred of what was left of his life in this world zapped away much like his family on the TV screen two months ago. "Fucking just keeps getting better" he stated in slight anger turning around to kick the PC tower off the desk it was sitting on. With a small and soft yell behind teeth he stomped on the machine frantically tiring himself out and making himself fall back into his desk chair "why cant anything be right anymore?" he asked out loud as he didnt know how much more he could take.

With a sigh and a shake of his head he stood up ajdusting his beanie to fit him better he walked towards the kitchen "only 4 bottles of beer in the fridge only 4 bottles of beer, need to go out need to find ground needa get more beers in the fridge" he chanted to himself as he grabbed a bottle of Carona Dry and twisted the cap off sending it flying across the room and into the shattered TV that lay on the floor. He never really did like Media at the best of times so it was only natural to decimate a TV out of boredom. Well to him atleast.

Walking over towards the wardrobe in his room as he downed a mouthful of his Carona with a smile, and took out his Black leather jacket, even to this day his 21st birthday party was the best of them all, beer pong that is what he missed most without a doubt. Wrapping his body in the leather he zipped himself up and placed his beanie over his head making sure it wouldnt come off for the journey. Taking yet another swig of his beer he waddled over to the corner of the room to grab Ricky the Trusty bat of he 2009 Cricket Australian Cup one of few things he still had from the sport that he loved "G'day Ricky" he spoke with a soft grin clasping his grio around the wooden Cricket bat lifting it up to gaze in its awe.

Without a second thought he drank the rest of his bottle and headed towards the door of the apartment, bat in hand and pissed off as shit he wasnt in the best of moods, before long he opened the door and headed into the hall that let to a stair way ending at the Buildings Foyer. Too bad for him he couldnt use it due to a make shift blockade of couches and the previous owners...oops? He sighed and turned left towards the window that was attached to the fire escape leading into an alley, as best as he could not to make noise he climbed out and down the escape landing in a small puddle of water that reeked of garbage. Looking behind him he saw nothing however infront of him was something else, "now thats not fair...20 Munchies...what next an army of bandits" he spoke sounding even more annoyed tapping his cricket bat with his hand to touch wood for fear of the bandit army, as quickly and silently as he could he turned around and walked towards the end of the alley.

Leaving the dark passage he found himself on a sort of overlook on a small urban area filled with old cars and skeletons from the outbreak here. He shook his head before his ears heard something amongst the dead silence...a gunshot, he had not seen living people since the raid here. Gripping his bat tighter as he swallowed hard knowing whoever had fired the gun was most likley going to be dead within the hour yet something was different..he almost felt complelled to check it out given the fact it was someone in trouble, he grunted and shook his head "ah fuck it" he spoke softly lowering himself down onto the grass below and heading towards the general location of the Gunshot...

"this is fucked up Lochie...better have beer there" he spoke trying to calm himself

Reactions: PureKor
From all days today had to be a totally disaster. How could she live with herself after she had been rescued basically twice in a day ? Most definitely, Olivia hated that she had become so weak without her arrows. She needed a second weapon and fast.

However, the gun shots came as fast as the sound before her eyes blinked twice and the undead were Dead for good now.
Holy Shit.

Talk about quick reaction and a steady hand. A tiny smile took form at her lips, using her left hand to brush some of the blood which more or less flew over her from the shooting impact, now staining her shirt. A few drops stuck like glue over her right cheek.
Then, a voice got her attention, as without hesitation Olivia turned her eyes at the boy.

" Yeah.. I am more than fine. As I have not been touched by those walkers. It was a pretty close match this time I must say.
Thank God someone was quicker than me. " Olviia replied with relief, letting out a soft sigh to escape get perky lips. She tried to gain her cool once again, in the attempt to wipe away the blood of her face. Her heart beat continued to be fast, from the whole situation.

Therefore, she gripped tighter her crossbow before making a step towards the boy, smiling for another brief moment as she purely passed by him.

" I am Olivia by the way. And we need to move from here. It's not a good idea to stay outside." She mumbled going back on the same route as they all came. Deep inside, she simply wanted to be more nice, but at that point could not do it. Trusting somebody was a hard task.

Fuck it.

Reactions: Cwolf0615
Laying on the ground in the lobby of an old office building, Asher was bombarded with fists and kicks from a group of, maybe six, very angry, very mean men. Asher defended himself from the floor as best he could before being hoisted into the air and slammed against the wall. As blood dripped from his brow he wiped his forehead and chuckled at the impromptu gang of thugs beating on him "Come on now, boys! We all know he was an asshole! Why so angry? It was just one man." A voice roared from the back of the room and quieted the rest of the lackeys. "One man?! That ONE MAN was my brother you piece of shit! We're going to kill you Asher and then we're going to toss your corpse to those things outside." The man was visibly shaken, tears decorating his face. He was a burly man. Rugged. Much of what you would expect of a biker. Covered in tattoos that carried no meaning, a thick unkempt headful of hair and beard to match. Asher found it humorous that they all though dressing the same would make them more imposing. The size of most of the members helped but other than that, he thought it was pointless to have such an easy thing to grab swinging around their heads. Didn't they value not having their faces chewed off?

Ten minutes earlier

"Where is it?" Asher asked calmly while his hands worked overtime to stop the bleeding coming from the shoulder of the man on the table. "Tell me where it is." The man squirmed under Asher's touch as bits of lead were dug out of his shoulder. "Fuck you, Asher. My brother was hooked on that stuff. You know exactly what I did with it." The man spat at Asher's feet. A grin spread across Asher's face as he chuckled. "Really now? You left my stuff. OUT THERE?!" He snapped as he buried a pair of pliers into the wound and began to slowly twist it. A banging on the door soon followed. "They're going to kill you, Asher. They're going to string your ass up!" Asher took a step back and examined the blade he was working with. "Are they now? Well, guess I won't have any reason not to do this then.." He drew the blade back and buried it in the mans chest and abdomen over and over as the man screamed unintelligible things to the wind. A blood-soaked Asher stood back and breathed in deeply. A door being kicked in broke him away from his nirvana. A silence fell over the room before Asher said, "Yeah. Sorry boys. Your man didn't make it." He was promptly dragged out of the room and began receiving his beating.

Asher was leaning against the wall as the tears fell down the face of the angry biker berating him. Pointing the gun to Asher's head he pulled the trigger only to be greeted by a recognizable clicking. Asher started laughing to himself as he caught a glance of the newly zombified brother hobbling out of the 'operating room.' Much to the delight of Asher, the brother took a quick bite out of the man holding the gun's neck as the others scattered to search for a weapon. Slowly pushing himself off of the wall, Asher drew his pistol and put down three of the men as they scurried around the room. Unfortunately, he was met with a pipe to the side and promptly slammed to the floor. Slamming his knee into the man's groin on top of him, he rolled into the dominating position and began beating him in the head with the butt of his pistol until the man went limp. Not so gracefully, he pumped the rest of his clip into the other two. Rising to his feet, he walked to the operating room and gathered his things. A bag with his precious medicines and a couple rounds of ammo. Peeling off his blood soaked shirt, he wiped off the extra blood and retrieved a flat black T-shirt from one of the more cleanly killed Club members. He slipped it on and threw his bag over his shoulder. Walking towards the undead brother feasting on the half dead man on the ground, he pointed his gun at it's head before slowly pulling away and sticking the gun back into the back of his jeans. "I'll let you enjoy that." Asher said as he began dumping a few cans of the motorcycle fuel they had stored in the janitor's closet and unfolded the Club vest he had in his pack. Tossing it in the middle of the room, he lit a match and set the room ablaze. "Fuckers."

Exiting the building, the light momentarily blinded him. His body warmed by the light. He was in rough shape. Battered and bruised. His jeans full of holes and his black boots scuffed and almost falling apart. Even the new shirt he 'acquired' looked to be on the verge to fall apart. His bag though, was in pristine condition. A tanned leather bag, complete with a plethora of useful pockets and a very sturdy strap to keep it very well attached to Asher. He shuffled further out into the parking lot. A groaning caught his attention. He cocked an eyebrow and shoved the undead to the ground as he continued walking. "Piss off." Asher lit a cigarette as he walked. Being very sure to watch for anything that may be a threat to him. A gunshot ringing out caused him to quickly jump to the ground and drag himself behind a dumpster. He took a few peeks around the dumpster for any sign of the shooter. He drew his pistol and continued slowly stalking down the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hadnt been long since Lochie had jumped down from the over look and started on his journey towards the heard gunshot that sounded from hopefuly a survivor. "*Pant* Damn *Pant* things...are everywhere" he spoke as blook now splattered all over his Leather Jacket, Beanie and Bandana that covered his nose down concealing his face.

Then he heard it, a snarl from behind him and it was loud, with as reaction quick as ever he turned around to see the walking corpse's mouth wide open as it practically fell onto him, outstretching his arm he held the thing back from his face and with a grunt of force he pushed it away into the other 3 munchies behind it "Theres just no fucking end..." he spoke as a hint of fear escaped his voice. Gritting his teeth however he forced this fear down and gripped his bat tighter now with two hands.

As the walker came back towards him he raised his bat above his head and took a step closer slamming his arms down and smacking the flat end of the bat directly into the forehead of the creature, unfortunatly due to the rotting of the munchies body its bones and flesh practically liquified under the force sending blood and bone everywhere covering the bat and his hands in blood. Closing his eyes and looking away he watched as the decapitated body fell to the floor, then looking at the other three he grasped the bat tighter turning his knuckles white with force. Breathing heavily he swung the bat around and into the side of the left temple on the far left walker creating a clearing. Without a second thought as the walkers head caved in and it returned to the dead once more he kicked away the middle walker and made a quick dash towards the clearing leading down a long wide street. Thankfully it was clear and it lead him towards his destination.

Taking one last look back at the 7 or so walkers coming his way. He was already dreading what was to come. With a snarl of his own he pulled down his bandana and spat in the direction of the creatures "Wankers" before he gripped his bat and ran forward down the street hoping to hell and back he met someone.

Weiwei:

The man didn't answer. A bit of shell-shock was understandable, since he'd almost gotten cleaved with a sword. "Well. We've got a fairly defensible location here, and if we work together, I think we can make things work about as well as could be expected. If you're willing to respect my boundaries, I'll respect yours. I'll share my supplies if you'll share in the work of getting more. No offense, but I'm not ready to let you stay with me inside the Imladris just yet," she said hiking her head back toward her vehicle, "but I've got a sleeping bag and some comforters and pillows, and you can sleep in the cab if you want. For now though, maybe we can talk about clearing and securing this garage as a base of operations?"

Status
Not open for further replies.