Zodiac Houses (LOOKING FOR 10 MORE PLAYERS)

I'd Join!

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a question though. It's about Dog. All the characteristics are pretty spot on, except for the "Not Social" aspect. Dogs are highly social creatures, so, I'm trying to figure out where that came from. Plus, it kind of rubs weird with the rest of their characteristics should they be played 'Unsocial'. I'll play it either way, but I was just curious, cause "Not Social" for dogs appears to be the only thing on that list that appears to be completely out of place.

The members of the house are supposed to SHARE characteristics with their patron animal. Your character doesn't have to be fully boxed in by the feel of every characteristic on the list. Just because the cat is kind, for instance, doesn't mean they can't also be grouchy or scheming.

As for the dog specifically, I was actually pretty surprised by that, as well. I was looking through multiple sites on characteristics typically associated with the dog zodiac, as I did for all the animals, and it seemed that the general consensus was that, on top of the other characteristics I listed, dogs tended to have difficulty shining in company, possibly because they are more willing to be trusted than to trust, and a little rough around the edges because of their honesty. It really surprised me, cause I consider dogs pretty sociable animals, myself! And, of course, again, that doesn't mean that none of the members of the dog house can be socially adept.

The members of the house are supposed to SHARE characteristics with their patron animal. Your character doesn't have to be fully boxed in by the feel of every characteristic on the list. Just because the cat is kind, for instance, doesn't mean they can't also be grouchy or scheming.

As for the dog specifically, I was actually pretty surprised by that, as well. I was looking through multiple sites on characteristics typically associated with the dog zodiac, as I did for all the animals, and it seemed that the general consensus was that, on top of the other characteristics I listed, dogs tended to have difficulty shining in company, possibly because they are more willing to be trusted than to trust, and a little rough around the edges because of their honesty. It really surprised me, cause I consider dogs pretty sociable animals, myself! And, of course, again, that doesn't mean that none of the members of the dog house can be socially adept.
Oh and if we can ever, can I also get Snake if we can later down the line have two zodiac signs, just in case it says open.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, as well, but for now, I'm only really considering allowing one House per person. If by the time I make and start it, we're short players, I'll allow people who want it to take two, but for now, I'm probably going to give new people priority in choosing out of the remaining. At this point in time, I don't have any plans to have multiple representatives per House, but I am taking note of people's alternates, as well.

Reactions: MadKingJai™

The way you describe that makes me think rather than being unsocial, it's more of a pack mentality.

But yea, I get that they aren't going to be all boxed in to specific things. But, I want to box mine in as much as possible, do the the nature of his background that I'm looking at writing. Plus, I see "Loyalty" as the biggest characteristic of House Dog. What better way to enforce loyalty, than to forcefully box everyone into specific personality traits? lol

That sounds pretty accurate. I'm kind of obsessed with pantheons and zodiacs, so if at all possible, I like to stick to what is considered IRL canon, instead of changing things around to suit my purposes. If you'd like to see the links I used just to get a better picture of how to play your character, these are a few:

Chinese Astrology - Animal Sign: Dog
Year of the Dog - Chinese Zodiac Dog
Year of the Dog: Zodiac Luck, Romance, Personality...

I'm excited to see you're already thinking of your character! It's motivating to see someone already ready to get started. :D

Of course. I practically have my entire Character Sheet laid out in my head already. Just a matter of writing it out.
That's pretty cool^^. I already have an idea for my Pig guy. Can't wait for everyone to see him.

@firejay1 I know that most are going to prob use anime pic for faces but can I use real pic, since I suck at finding the right look for my chars as cartoon? If that is cool with you whenever we get this started.

oh! I was actually gonna poll you guys on that! Excellent, you reminded me. I'd like to keep it consistent as much as possible, so would you guys prefer anime or real life pictures? I was thinking real life could possibly work better for the style of the RP, because it's actually supposed to be more on the realistic side, but it's up to you guys! If you can't agree, I'd be fine with a mix, too, honestly, since pictures aren't the most important thing, and I'd probably be fine if you just wanted to stick to a description, too. The only thing I ask is that if we decide to go with realistic pictures, the characters match at least the general ethnicity of the country their house is based in.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Yeah than definitely real pic for me, since it would be more variety for Chinese guys.

<- These are the pics I like. Not Anime, but not entirely realistic either. (Anime makes me cringe.)

Is it possible to go without picture at all? I'm legitimately terrible at looking for images that match my character, hahaha. :paperbag2:

<- These are the pics I like. Not Anime, but not entirely realistic either. (Anime makes me cringe.)
Fantasy Art, that can work to for me. Yeah anime I just don't like.

Is it possible to go without picture at all? I'm legitimately terrible at looking for images that match my character, hahaha. :paperbag2:
Fire said you could use description as well^^

• Thank You
Reactions: firejay1
This was actually what I was thinking of doing as well. I normally use Pictures, but was considering not for this. Though, I WAS working on throwing an Emblem of sorts together for my CS, to represent House Dog.

This was actually what I was thinking of doing as well. I normally use Pictures, but was considering not for this. Though, I WAS working on throwing an Emblem of sorts together for my CS, to represent House Dog.
Cool, I wish I was creative like that. I am not the best with Graphic Design at all.

OMHG I LOVE YOU. I'm cool if peeps don't want to use pictures, but I was thinking about maybe having a banner-type thing you can have at the head of each post so that everyone can remember who represents which House (since I'm assuming we're not gonna be calling the characters "Water Buffalo" etc. instead of their proper names) I even started on a tiger banner for myself. XD

Cool, I wish I was creative like that. I am not the best with Graphic Design at all.

I kind of have to be. I do a lot of I.T., Website design kind of things for various websites.

OMHG I LOVE YOU. I'm cool if peeps don't want to use pictures, but I was thinking about maybe having a banner-type thing you can have at the head of each post so that everyone can remember who represents which House (since I'm assuming we're not gonna be calling the characters "Water Buffalo" etc. instead of their proper names) I even started on a tiger banner for myself. XD
Haha. My thoughts, exactly. I typically like to have some kind of banner anyways, for my rp post.

Reactions: firejay1
I unfortunately don't really have such skills; is that alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.